(See All?) Announcements
576 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Needle in a Tundra — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
The silence was broken by the sound of teeth against bone, the happy gnawing of two wolves with meals well-earned. It was a companionable situation, and Desideria did not feel inclined to move, even as conversation slowly bubbled back to the surface. Cracking her bone in half, she nibbled thoughtfully for a few more moments before turning her August gaze back to the younger wolf. He was met with a wry smile as she picked off a tendril of meat and swallowed it down before she finally spoke back up.

"I'm sure they will, Kaj. Anyone who can bring food to the pack's cache is well appreciated." No matter the methods, she didn't add. That wasn't true for all groups, she knew, which was why she was currently on her own. It was about finding the right group – she had to find the right group. If she told herself that enough, it simply had to be true, right? "I want to find the right pack," she agreed. "I found several down south. Got run off the borders of one, near the peaks. The one near the lake, though – one of the females fed me. She was nice, I guess."

Admittedly, Namid had been the kindest pack wolf she'd met since entering the woods of Relic Lore, something she kept tucked in mind. "I just…wanted to see my options before I commit. See what kind of packs I could find up here, see if anyone was interested in me. Then I'll decide."

Des finished with a huff, looking back to the remains of her kill. "Suppose I ought to find a place to den down for the evening, pretty soon. It was good to meet you, Kajika. Wouldn't mind sharing a hunt with you again, for sure."

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

They'd had a successful day of hunting and were both now reaping the rewards of it.  The sounds of two content wolves fill the air around them, Kajika was glad that he wouldn't be settling down for the night on an empty stomach. When all that was left of their meals was scraps the conversation between the two resumed with her assuring him that his hunting abilities would be well appreciated in a pack, he gave her a nod of acknowledgment of what she had said.

"I'm sure you are right. Being able to help feed the pack is one of the most important things." He knew that he would be more than able to help provide for whatever pack he was accepted into.  Kajika was also curious about her plans for her future and as it turned out she was looking for the same thing. "That's important," he stated. Finding the pack that fit him was important to Kajika, he didn't want to join because he needed a pack. He wanted to know that the pack believed what he did. "Maybe you should speak to the female again find out more about the pack.  Since she fed you she must be kind and she had to learn that somewhere, right?"

It seemed that he and Des were on the same mission of checking out the packs in the area and seeing which was a good fit and which would accept them. "That's smart. You don't want to join unless your sure it's where you should be and also a place where you can feel safe and welcome." There were more packs that he needed to discover so that he could make a fair decision however their were more pressing matter ls to worry about.

Kajika ' s gaze lifted to Des's frame once more as she spoke about finding a den for the night. He glanced at the sky to see that it was getting late and rose to his feet. <b >"Yes, I should too. It was a pleasure to meet you as well and I would like to share a hunt with you again very much. Thank you for showing me how to hunt birds."

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
It seemed Kajika and Desideria were two birds of a feather. She might have laughed at her own little joke, if her thoughts didn't twinge a little at the idea of parting. Such good company was rarer than she wished to admit – and hunting was much easier when she had a competent partner. They might even be able to take down a fawn together – the younger wolf seemed keen on working together, rather than making sure he shown and got all the profit. Whomever had him as a pack mate should be grateful, she thought with a small sigh, gathering herself up.

"I think this is as far north as I'll go. I'm still - I'm still looking for my brothers, actually. I want to look a little more, and maybe then I'll go find her again. Her name was Namid, if you're looking for that sort of place. She said her pack was small, but caring. It was on a lake, if you like fish."

Her mouth twinged into a ghost of a smile. She certainly wouldn't mind seeing the large male again. "I'll see you again, yeah? Maybe we can hunt birds. If you find somewhere good to live, you tell me." Desideria winked before she began to move back to the area her pile of feathers stood. She paused for a moment, and glanced over her shoulder. "Good luck, yeah? Try not to miss me too much."

(Idly, she wondered just who that advice was really for.)

Bending down, she scooped up a few blue and green feathers in her mouth, hoping to use them later. Her prize in tow, she set off across the lowlands in search of a place to bed for a rest before setting off on her next adventure.

Exit.

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was glad to have had the chance to meet Des and he hoped that she would find what she was looking for just as he hoped that he would find what he was looking for as well.  He was glad that their meeting and hunting had gone so well and that they would be able to meet and hunt again.  Lastly he hoped that they would stay friends even if they both ended up in different packs.

“You too,” he stated when she offered him good luck and told him not to miss her too much.

Then she was heading off into the distance in search of a place to rest for the night and needed to as well.  He watched her a moment before he too turned and left the area they had spent the afternoon hunting.  He had a little while before darkness came and the time that he would need to be in his shelter for the night. 

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.