282 Users Online
Google, Bing

Cat got your Tongue? — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: @Angele This is gonna be fun :D

Anthem had slipped away from the pack territory in order to hunt. Their caches had been going done and he had decided to fully throw himself into trying to bring back something that could help them. So with clouds hanging overhead he had made his way into what he had begun to consider as his own playground. Sure their was a pack that resided their as well but Anthem avoided them even though he had a friend among them. They had their area and he left them alone, simple as that. 

Moving through the foggy forest floor the large man seemed to glide forward as the fog hid his legs from those who would view him. The scent of feline was fresh as well of the scent of blood. Anthem wasn't stupid another predator was going to protect its food and here he was with the goal of taking it from them. He could end up with more scars but he knew the consequences even as he neared. Pausing he let the scent of cougar wash over him as well as the enticing scent of deer. A wolf alone didn't have a lot of luck hunting deer by itself a cougar though could climb into trees and ambush them, giving it an edge. Slipping closer Anthem peered through a bush his body low as he caught sight of the cat and its prey. 

It was a large male and it had scars along its pelt indicating that it was a prone fighter but the gray at his muzzle as well as who he looked around told Anthem two things. He was old and blind on his left side. It seemed luck was on the stormy man's side as well as the fact that he had experience dealing with the cat. The thought made his shoulder scar twinge briefly with phantom pain. He pushed it aside as he watched the cat silently. He was going to ambush the ambusher. But first he needed the cat to return to eating so that he could scare it even more. With his whole focus on the feline he waited. Patient. Ever so patient. 

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 251

Angele slid through the trees, listening for the sound of small animals that may be hiding in the mist that carpeted the forest floor.  She was hungry and tired after her journey over the mountain, and if she were any other wolf she might have given up.  The wolf who directed her this way was probably lying, but she couldn't give up.  She'd come all this way; she needed to follow through.  Maybe if she could find another wolf to direct her...

No.  She needed to do this on her own.

The scent of blood touched her nose, and Angele paused.  Her stomach stirred, but she didn't start forward.  The faint smell of a feline accompanied the food-scent, promising a fight should she attempt to take its food.  She was too weak to fight a cat; they were agile and had the advantage of their claws.  Shrugging, Angele began walking again, moving to go around the kill site.

Until she smelled him.

Her ears immediately swiveled forward and her posture changed from that of exhaustion to one of anxiety.  She had fought many battles since their puppyhood and gained many scars.  She was different.  He was likely different as well, and she had no way of telling.

But it was definitely him.  

Her paws began moving, carrying her forward with more excitement than she'd had in a very long time.  Her pads were nearly silent on the ground, but she was moving fast. She saw his silhouette in the mist. "Anthem?"

"Speech"
(This post was last modified: Apr 27, 2015, 05:48 PM by Angele. Edit Reason: Color )
My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Anthem's body was tense like a spring as he watched the cat scent the air. It's rounded ears twitched this way and that. Had it heard him sneak up on it? He hoped not but then the reactions would likely be different, more aggressive, if it had. The cat licked its chops as it gave the area one more look around before it turned to take another bite. While its jaws were above its kill Anthem felt himself steadying about to launch himself forward toward the unsuspecting cat. All he wanted to do was chase it away and get the kill away from it as fast as possible. He froze though when a voice straight from his past whispered to him. 

His head slowly turned, his eyes wide in disbelief. The form that was making its way towards him could only belong to his sister. Her fur edged in a cinnamon hue. Angele? He breathed out wondering if he had finally snapped. Had he finally lost it and here his mind was making his sister appear in front of him? No she would be with their birth-pack. With the family and Selena. She wouldn't be here. But as his sister approached and her scent became clearer to him he had to admit that it was her and that he wasn't dreaming.

Rising so that he could move towards her he sputtered out. Why are you here? He just couldn't seem to wrap his head around this development. His sister was here. Here with him and not with their birth-pack. Thoughts streamed through his head. Was she here to try and bring him back? Has she been sent to kill him? Had she left on her own accord? Why? The questions kept coming and all he could do was stare at her dumbfounded.  

I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: Kind of short; Sorry
Word Count: 211

Angele felt a warmth she hadn't felt in a long time spread through her body as her brother turned towards her, surprise filling his face. Her tail wagged in genuine pleasure as she danced over to him to sniff noses. Her mind recognized the scent as easily as it had the day he left. She could see the cougar's form in the mist behind him eating, and her stomach rumbled; but she was so grateful to find Anthem at long last she didn't care.

"I came to find you," She told him, voice bubbling with happiness. "I've been looking for you for a long time. You're looking well." She noted. "I can't believe I found you!"

She knew that she was being maudlin, but to her, Anthem was worth it. The only way this meeting could have been better would be if Nathaniel were there too. But for the first time, Angele didn't feel so alone. She almost felt like a puppy again, and the years fell away from her shoulders. She could almost forget everything that had happened since Anthem left, like everything was made new. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she felt like she could take on the world, as long as Anthem was by her side.

"Speech"
(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2015, 04:22 PM by Angele. Edit Reason: Color )

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

His tail began to wag behind him as he fully took in her scent. His ears twitched as he heard bones breaking in the cougars jaws but his focus was completely on his sister. As he listened to her speak his gaze turned to one of astonishment. He hadn't imagined that she might come looking for him. He hadn't seen any of their family since the day he had left and he had thought he wouldn't see them ever again. Maybe this was fate's way of trying to make it up to him for taking his loved ones from him. Here was his sister someone he trusted with his life and he hadn't seen her in years brought back to him.

What did you expect me to crawl in hole and die somewhere? He teased one of his rare smiles on his face. You of all people should know better than that. He scolded her lightly his voice warm. Moving so that he could curl his head around the back of her neck like a hug he muttered. I'm glad you came after me though. Pulling back a little he glanced over to the cat and then at his sister. He had heard her stomach rumble and what better way for them to talk than over a meal. First they would have to deal with the cougar though. So tell me Angele are you up for some fun? He asked indicating the cat behind them a grin on his face. 

Him trying to take on the cat would have been dangerous but with Angele here their was no doubt in his mind that the two of them could chase it away. That is if his sister was up for it.

(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2015, 11:38 PM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: Sorry, short again! Really trying not to power play here :)

Angele rubbed her head against her brother's shoulder and returned his hug. He's glad to see me too! She thought in pleasure. She was so excited to see her brother again... she felt home.

Anthem stepped back, a gleam in his eye, and asked, "So tell me Angele, are you up for some fun?".

She grinned. "As if you have to ask!" she snorted, tail swishing. She was tired and hungry, but with Anthem beside her and the adrenaline from their reunion still coursing through her, she could take on anything. She laid her ears back and playfully nipped at her brother's shoulder as she passed him, stalking toward the large cat in the fading morning mist. "Let me show you how it's done." She whispered before bounding forward.

The large cat yowled in surprise as her fangs ripped savagely at its shoulder before she was out of its reach again. It whirled on her, and she danced backwards, keeping out of range of its terrible claws while she distracted it so Anthem might be able to attack from behind.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: Now it's my turn for the short response.

Laughing softly at his sister's exuberance Anthem took a step back. Then by all means go ahead. He told her motioning her forward, though she hardly needed it. Already she had joined the surprised cat and was tearing at its shoulder. He had to admire her willingness to go into the fight. He always had. Rushing to join her a snarl rolling in his throat. He sank his teeth into the cat's tail and gave a hard pull. The cat yowled in pain and twisted so that it could try and swipe at his face. Quickly dropping his grip Anthem pulled back avoiding the sharp claws that slashed through the air. They were deadly those claws as well as the fangs but the claws decorated all of the felines paws and were a little more noteworthy.

Light on his feet he sprang forward to snap his jaws at the tan cougar. The sound making its ears go back while it hissed baring its own sharp deadly fangs. Anthem kept the cat occupied so that Angele could make her own move. Even though his hackles were raised and his lips curled up to bare his fangs, his tail was waving back and forth above his back. He couldn't help the excitement he was feeling. He was with his sister for crying out loud and even as moved forward to keep the cat's focus on him he knew that he would try his best to make sure that they weren't separated again. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: Do we want to kill it or just chase it off? Either way we should probably conclude the battle in the next post or so :) You may have the honors.
Word Count: 252

Pleased to note that she and Anthem still answered to their invisible signals, Angele shot forward once again to attack the cat. She sank her fangs into the feline's rear end and ripped, opening a deep wound across its haunches. The cat yowled, stopping mid-swipe to turn against Angele once more. She ducked the blow and ambitiously targeted its other paw, teeth raking over the top of if its before jumping from harm's way. The cat shrieked and lifted it's wounded paw off the ground, spitting and hissing at both wolves as it stood over it's prey.

Her ears swiveled, double-checking the surrounding area for anyone else that might decide they want a piece of the action and a shot at the almost-free meal. She heard nothing but the faint sound of a babbling brook and the heavy breathing of her companions. The thrill of the battle coursed through Angele's veins, and she was pleased to be fighting beside her brother once again. She'd forgotten how much she missed his support; how had she survived so long without it? Every battle she'd fought, every wolf she'd killed in the name of justice, had been achieved alone. But it didn't have to be; not any more. She was with Anthem again.

Angele shot a glance at him, ears erect and aimed at their quarry. Together? Her eyes asked as her mouth dropped open into a panting grin. This she could do. This was her calling. Side by side, Angele and Anthem were invincible.

"Speech" Thought Signal

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: Kill it. Though i'll let you do it.

Anthem growled as the cat went to swipe at Angele. If the cat hit her it was definitively going to wind up dead. He was pleased to see that she wasn't harmed and instead attacked it's other paw. The cat cry of pain filled his ears and they swept back along his skull at the sound. He knew all about his sister's fangs they had been on him more than once in their spars. While the cat glared at them both and his sister checked the area around them Anthem circled so that he was behind the cat once more. It's neck twisted to watch him eyes narrowed in fear and anger.

He snarled at it and it growled right back. He had to admire the cat at least a little. Here it was facing two wolves who could obviously kill it and it was still trying to protect its meal and chase them away. Anthem doubted with the paw it now had that it would be able to last much longer. It wouldn't be able to walk as good and therefore its hunting would decline. Which with its current age the stormy pelted man didn't think the feline would last much longer after their fight. Their was also the fact the pups of his leaders could end up being an easy meal for it and that just wouldn't do.

His gaze caught Angele's and he gave her a grin. Together. With the cat's attention on him Anthem launched himself forward so that his jaws closed over the muzzle of the cat's. Lifting his paws so that they were on the cat's shoulder he proceeded to use his weight so the cat and him ended up on the forest floor. The cat writhed in desperation as it's stomach and throat were exposed to the Angele and it's jaws were trapped by Anthem. Blood smeared the ground as it struggled.
(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2015, 03:41 PM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,