(See All?) Announcements
447 Users Online
Google, Bing

in the wee small hours of the morning — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Weaving through the charred trunks of trees in the dead of night was not Angier's idea of fun or entertainment, but for the time being, it was a godsend. Not only was the leisurely walk easy on his feet but it was helping him familiarize himself with the forest. The task was also helping him feel useful... It had taken him a few weeks to memorize the well-used paths up and down the mountain side and, now, he felt it was about time he got to know the territory that surrounded Mount Dire. Every so often, he lowered his nose into the soil, testing it for any unusual or interesting scents.

By the time he had circled around and found himself back where he had started, he wearily took a seat next to a fallen log and sighed. He had hoped the feeling of being accepted into a pack was enough. Finding that he still longed for something more - some newly-discovered purpose of sorts - left him somewhat hopeless. How was he supposed to carry himself about the land or what was he supposed to be doing in his spare time? He trusted Alexander would have a use for him, but for now, he doubted his decision in leaving Cedarwood Forest.</blockquote>

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
ooc: this looked lonely

we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

She had met some, but not all the wolves of the mountain. One thing was for certian they were all different, whether their coat color, size, or personality. She probably should have called a hunt together, but perhaps tomorrow. She wasn't sure who would really be able to participate, and didn't want to howl to have no one show up. She needed to recruit at least one other, if not more. She had a guess the leaders would be expecting puppies, and it would be important to keep plenty of food for Alex's mate. If it was one thing she knew it was what it took for a pack to ready for new arrivals having down it each year of her life. Though she wouldn't exactly want to volunteer to watch them, she would do her part to keep them healthy, and well fed. It would be a time till the snow decided to fly again, but summer and fall weren't really that long. She pushed these thoughts out of her head, feeling they were much to heavy of things for her to carry. She was off the mountain, and wanted to drop her guard, the role seh carried.

Somewhat hopeful she may run into Inkheart she walked amongst the blackened part of the Wildwood. It wasn't as sad as sight as it'd been, though the woods seemed more quiet in this part of the realm. Like maybe they'd taken a solem vowl to not tell. Gray peppered ears resting on her skull, she walked with long strides, her leathery nose working to breath the scent of the black wolf. There was no trace of him, and in irritation she twitched her long tale, a disgusted frown dragging down her black lips. Silent snort pressed threw her nostrils, she shifted her snout in another direction trotting along. Then she noticed there was the scent of the mountain mixed with a male. It was familiar to her, but she coudl not draw a face from her memory right away. He would be better than no company. Slowly she walked where he might have before she spied the large tawny wolf. "Bored out o' your skull?" She called, stopping just short of a foot across from him. Butterscotch eyes took in his light brown coat, and face she realized she had seen him at a meeting. What was his name? She did not know"I'm Skylah, and you are?"

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Angier's ears perked forward upon hearing someone - or something - draw near. Upon seeing the figure of another wolf, he eyed her quietly. A few deep breaths easily told him that she was not a trespasser nor a complete stranger. He had seen her before; as a matter of fact, he had actually {secretly} followed her up to the Plateau a few weeks ago when Weldering held a meeting to discuss and practice fighting techniques. She was the first to speak.

<i>"Bored out o' your skull?"</i> she asked. He shook his head silently before she added, <i>"I'm Skylah, and you are?"</i> Clearing his throat he replied, <b>"Angier... I... I couldn't sleep."</b> He glanced around, wondering for a second if she had brought anyone else with her on her own little walk. <b>"What're <i>you</i> doin' up this late?"</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank

The female tried to hold her mask still. It was late, but he seemed like he was guilty, or nervous about that fact. She hadn't really thought about it, but his slight hesitation had questions running in her head. Like was he up to something? Suddenly she recalled the day and how he had been nervous then too. Why? He looked like he could accomplish anything he wanted, but heck looks weren't as cracked up as they were made to be.

What was she doing out at the witching hour? Really she didn't sleep either, or not very much. She napped in the warmness of the day when darkness came she may catch an hour or two, she often was wide awake. Interesting things could happen at night, and it was an old habit. To escape her parents she often pretended to go to bed, and than would sneak away to do whatever she pleased. "Old habits die hard, and time is a bitch to kill," she replied without much pause while she shrugged her heavy shoulders. She sat down on the cold ground and curled her tail round her thick haunches, where else had she to go? What else did she have to do?"Well and don't you know it's more likely for anything to happen at such an hour?" She stated, a hint of a grin on the corner of her lips. Besides it wasn't like her vision was impaired by the dark, it was only a different array of colors.

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2011, 05:09 AM by Skylah.)
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>He observed as she sat down, studying how she composed herself from the way she positioned herself and wrapped her tail around her figure. His eyes dropped to the ground as he realized he was staring. Her comment about old habits made him smile softly. <b>"Y-yeah, I s'pose."</b> Her next statement caught him by surprise. <i>"Well, and don't you know it's more likely for anything to happen at such an hour?"</i> His eyes widened before narrowing as his brows furrowed.

<b>"L-like what?"</b> he asked, absolutely unsure of what she meant. Sure, she probably meant to say that there were nocturnal creatures lurking about or other vigilant wolves around, but for some reason, he had to question her. <b>"<i>'Anything'</i> as in...?"</b> It crossed his mind that she might have been flirting with him; he was quick to catch the inkling of a grin on her face. Either way, though, just spicing up the conversation or imply that she would like to get to know his true character, he didn't mind; the words had just caught him by surprise.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2011, 07:56 AM by Angier.)

Inactive No Rank

She was starting to wonder how old this wolf was. He definately wasn't a pup, but was he only a yearling? Brows lifted, and the grin became more apparent. She was already having him questioning her, and a laugh burst out of her lips. He was serious, or maybe wondered what she was inclining right now. Pink tongue curled round her canines, and she let out a audible sound of air. "Haven't you heard of ghosts? Or seen the eyes of a wildcat on you from the treetops? Or ran into an insomniac stranger? Or snuck up on a prey in the moonlight?" Her brows raised, and her tone was clearly lost wondering what he did for fun. It did occur to the girl everyone had a different upbringing, maybe they weren't all prisoners in the daylight. But there was something about the night that appealed to her. The dark cloak of mystery, how it was more dangerous, putting her in tenterhooks at times.

"The dark is more appealing to me because my parents ran ever minute of my day. So why is it you can't sleep?" The first time she hinted small details of her past life, but managed to throw a question back at him. Tone was not exactly warm and sweet, but the tease wasn't as strong. They were official packmates and other than Alexander she didn't "know" anyone. Yes, she had it in her head to figure this boy out.

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Allowing Skylah to hang him on <span class='word'>tenterhooks</span> was something Angier was eager to prevent. His ears folded and his muzzle wrinkled in mild disarray before he, too, raised his brows when she laughed. <i>What was so funny?!</i> He tilted his head as she grinned, answering, <i>"Haven't you heard of ghosts? Or seen the eyes of wildcat on your from the treetops? Or ran into an insomniac stranger? Or snuck up on a prey in the moonlight?"</i> He was about to shake his head again, but he had heard of ghosts... Well, his mother preferred the supernatural beings to be called "spirits," but still...

<b>"Yeahhh,"</b> he slowly replied. <b>"Course I 'ave. Pfff, who hasn't?"</b> <i>Okay, that might've been too bold on his behalf.</i> Truthfully, he had never paid any mind to night-driven creatures - ghosts, canines, felines, or otherwise. She added, <i>"The dark is more appealing to me because my parents ran every minute of my day. So why is it you can't sleep?"</i> <b>"Oh,"</b> he said quietly. <b>"My parents were the opposite. I, um... I have nightmares."</b> Had he been human, he probably would have turned red from embarrassment; being a young adult with a childhood problem just seemed ridiculous. At four years old, he had expected to grow out of them, but when he continued to suffer night after night, he was almost at a loss about what to do. Adapting, or <i>giving in to</i>, insomnia seemed to be the best solution. <b>"I dream of drowning or falling to my death. Some nights I'll bleed to death while the victor of the fight, a dark-masked male, looms over me."</b> He awkwardly tried to smile, despite recalling the memory of his brother to mind; he just wanted to express that he didn't mean for their conversation to take a grim turn. <b>"I haven't had 'em for a while, though, I'm used to just waiting for the night to pass. It's easier for me to sleep before the sun rises... 's it the same for you? S-sleeping during the day and such?"</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank

She looked at him threw narrowed eyes, because there was hesitance to believe. At the same time she was trying to solve the puzzle he was. She didn't have all the pieces though, and would never see the whole picture. So whether he really had done those things or not it didn't matter, not really she decided. "Huhh," she manged to answer. Glad for the change of subject. His answer was far from what she would have guessed. Heck, she hadn't thought he'd share. Just give a lame excuse, make something up. This time his words held more grain of truth, and she stared at him with a different light in her eyes. Nightmares it was, and with their describing made it more geniune. She never had much nightmares. When she was a child perhaps, the usual monsters and worries. Now she couldn't remember her dreams, or ever needed to wake up to avoid them. Or in his case wait to sleep. It was reasonable she supposed, at first it was odd to think a grown wolf fearing something as silly as nightmares. His sounded down right creepy.

A weak smile showed in return, but it was just that weak and fell into a frown. "Doesn't sound fun, did you live in a battle zone or something?"Eyelids fluttered as her body leaned closer to his position without thinking. And her butterscotch eyes held his gold pair with a hint of concern. -maybe any way. She caught herself, and sat up more tall. "Me? I take naps in the day if I get sleepy. And at night it just depends. Right now I'm not tired, I was hoping to find something to do really..." Her words dropped off, and her dappled muzzle titled up to the branches of the trees, unsure where she'd been going with that.

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2011, 11:04 PM by Skylah.)
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>"Battle zone" she had said. He could have said yes if he exaggerated the way his father allowed Borden to run, or mess up, the place... their home... but he answered truthfully. <b>"No; I would have said that I wish I had, but, no... I-I think it would have just made things much, much worse."</b> He averted his gaze, not noticing that she began to lean towards him.

When he returned his gaze to her, she was sitting just as she had been before. <b>"Ah,"</b> he sounded. <b>"I'm not tired either. I've been holding night vigils for the past few weeks. I jus' got bored of it, I guess. I see now why the pack chose to settle or remain on a mountain; not many wolves would bother to climb it. The geography leaves little to be done around the land though aside from keeping the territory free of rogues."</b> He studied her as she glanced up to the trees. <b>"Ever consider counting stars or daydreaming about what your life would be like if you'd ended up in a different place from here?"</b></blockquote>

Inactive No Rank

She had to strangle a cough in her throat. What would make him wish he had? Was someone simply out to get him? Was he suicidal? Maybe she shouldn't pry, maybe she didn't want to know. She was clearly disturbed by that response. Of coarse she couldn't bite her tongue, she couldn't hold back the images in her head. Stupid, stupid."What the hell could be make you wish for a battle field? Sorry I eh didn't exactly live in one, but are pack acted like it. Someone out to get you or something?" Light brow inclined, and nervous chuckle followed her question happy he hadn't noticed she'd moved.

Peppered ears relaxed somewhat listening close to his words. She had to agree with that, but wondered if his vigils were as religous as they sounded. She did not want to ask on the subject remembering the religous nut she'd helped out of the pool. Once she was staring off she really did not want to laugh at his question, she wasn't mocking him but a humored laugh burst forth, and rang out agains the quiet. It hurt her stomach a bit, and she took a deep breath to kill it off before it got to far out of hand. Shaking her head, a couple breaths passed from her lips. "Me? I wish! Honestly I have tried to do those things, but well is it sad to say I can't? Least not very long. I think my parents de-programed me from "wasting time" so to speak. My mind starts to wander and it snaps to something I should be worrying about all automaticly." A low growled tickled her throat, and she held her mouth shut tight in bitterness. She shoved it back to it's closet not wanting to get onery. "Do you? Think about what your life could be?" She asked, a little hesitant, almost like it was a dirty secret or something.