540 Users Online
Google, Bing

Challenges of Life — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Desideria

In his search Kajika had traveled many places within Relic Lore. Though he still wasn't sure where he wanted to settle the life of a lone wolf was starting to take its toll on him.  He knew this day would come when he was starting to become weary from his travels but unfortunately he could not rest. He had to continue to hunt and seek shelter, most of all he needed to find a pack.  When he had first set out on his journey he had not expected it to be easy and in fact had prepared the best he could for it. It was much harder than he had imagined it would be and now the extra weight he had put on was gone and he was starting to grow thin due to having to eat small game. 

By the time he found the lake twilight had set in and he hadn't had anything to eat since the morning. Kajika wanted to get something in his stomach before he found shelter for the night.  As he made his way cautiously down the cliff towards the water he thought he might be able to find shelter within it once he had satisfied his hunger.

Finally he reached the water’s edge he walked right up to it and dipped his head towards the water so that he could lap up some of the cool liquid before setting about finding something to eat.

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2015, 01:19 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
It seemed Desderia had ascended all the way to the northernmost parts of the forest of Relic Lore, and she had not caught hide nor hair of any members of her family. Truth be told, she held out little hope of seeing her mother again. As much as she adored the woman, Desdemona was the flakey sort, and it was clear parenthood did not sit well with her. She wished for freedom as did the caged bird. She was the constrained office worker, wishing to defenestrate a computer out her window and make her grand escape into the world. With her children missing, she hardly thought her mother might actually seek them out.

It was her brothers that she was missing, her darling, troublesome boys. So eager to see them was she, she'd mistaken Mirren (who quite honestly was much larger and darker than either of the twins) for one of her siblings, much to her own embarrassment. With a heavy heart, she moved southward again, aware her stint as a lone wolf should come to an end sooner rather than later. Namid's offer had been a fair one, and the thief found herself heading towards the lake once more.

To her great surprise, there was a familiar form along the shoreline – not of the expectant mother, but the wolf whom which she'd shared a hunt in the lowlands. She'd since lost the feathers she'd gathered up upon her departure, so foolishly convinced Mirren was one of her brothers, but she still brightened upon realizing just who was sampling from the lake. Breaking into a lope with a joyful bark, she bounded up to Kajika's side, brushing up against his shoulder in a playful greeting. "Kajika! I hadn't thought I'd see you again so soon! What brings you down to this lake, my friend?"

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The area around the lake was quiet, serene.  The lake was sure to be filled with fish, everything he would need to survive.  These realizations had him considering staying by the lake for a few days until he could recuperate a little from his travels.  The night was a clear one which was good in case he couldn’t find a proper shelter for the night but that was a worry for later after he had eaten.  For now the water was cool in his throat as he lapped it from the lake.  It was refreshing after his long day of traveling southward through Relic lore.  Once he’d had his fill of water he looked a little further into the water a few steps from shore and saw what would stop the hunger in his stomach.  A small school of fish just waiting to be caught. 

Kajika was so caught up in watching the fish swimming to and fro that he was not aware of another wolf in the area until he heard a familiar bark. He lifted his head to look in the direction the bark had come from and found the familiar form of Des coming toward him.  A smile broke across his features his pleasure in seeing her clear on his face.  It was good to see a friendly face, one that he had thought he wouldn’t see for quite some time, she was a welcome intrusion into his evening plans.  She had finally reached him where he stood on the banks of the lake and had brushed against his shoulder in greeting.

“I thought it would be awhile yet till I saw you as well.  A long days travels and the search for food and water,” he explained when asked why he was at the lake, “I could ask you the same,” he said before playfully rubbing his muzzle along her cheek to return her greeting, “You are a sight for sore eyes,” he added glad to have his friend back in his presence once more, just when he needed her most. 

Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
The greeting she returned was just as enthusiastic, warming the hole in her heart memories of her brothers had left. It wasn't the same, she knew, but her new friend had been good company so far – there was something very gratifying about being welcomed by someone actually happy to see her. Her tongue flicked out once, brushing under his chin. He was a friend, she decided then, a real friend, not just a friendly acquaintance. In that moment, Desideria opted to explain the reason she'd traveled this far south again, glancing towards the lake's north shore.

"I met the alpha here, I told you about her before? Namid. She fed me a fish. At the time, I had wanted to go north, to keep looking for my brothers – that's where I met you, actually. I didn't…didn't find them, so…" The small woman trailed off with a shrug, dragging her gaze back to the other wolf. There was the western half of the forest, she knew, but it was a long ways to travel there, and with absolutely no sign or scent of them, Des was beginning to travel they'd traveled to Relic Lore at all.

Shrugging off her disappointment, she moved towards the water. "Do you plan to stay around here?" she asked. "I can wait to join – wouldn't mind romping around, yeah? You got plans? You got a pack, yet?" Only then did she paused long enough for Kajika to answer. Realizing she was thirsty, she leaned down, lapping at the surface to have her fill. It had been a long journey, all around the forest, and to no avail.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika couldn’t believe his luck in running into Des, it was like she showed up at those moments when he needed a friend.  That was what she was or at least that was what he considered her to be.  Though the beginning of their last meeting had started out a little rough by the time they had finished their hunt he was sure that they were friends.  He made sure to let her know how pleased he was to see her and she seemed just as happy to see him and in that moment it was good to know that he did have a friend in this place even if they were separated by space at times.

She went on to tell him why she had found herself at the lake, again, the wolf that had fed her before. “I remember you telling me,” he stated before a frown crossed his features at the news that she had not found her brothers, “I’m sorry that you haven’t found them,” he added before giving her what he hoped to be a comforting brush against her cheek.  He could tell that it upset her to have not found them.

Suddenly Des was full of questions as he watched her move toward the water. “I was considering it for a few days at least,” he told her before he was taken back a little by her seeming to imply that she would stay with him, “I would like the company he told her if you’re sure that you can wait.”  Though he had planned to rest perhaps what he needed was the company of a friend, “Wait, have you decided to join the alpha?” he asked her curiously.  As for her question about finding a pack he shook his head, “No not yet but I am hoping to maybe run into sound pack wolves around here to maybe talk to some of them and see what their packs are like.”  Kajika waited for her to finish drinking from the lake before he asked her, “I was getting ready to catch some dinner would you like to join me?” in response to her question about plans.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"…thanks. I'm sorry, too. Was a fool's hope, but…" But I'm a fool, the woman sighed mentally, leaning into the comforting touch. She allowed herself to indulge for a moment, appreciating the fact that her new friend was willing to offer it so freely. The packs she'd taken part of in the past had been less than caring, in that regard. If the twins weren't around, it wasn't their problem – and it had been left with that. Desideria was aware her previous choices had been made out of desperation, all of them, the ones that led her to joining a cantankerous alpha, to stealing from her own pack, to running with her tail between her legs to this forest here. She hadn't stolen since, but it was only a period of time, she knew.

Kajika's pause gave her concern. Was this another choice of desperation? Would she regret this decision too, as she had the others?

The questions weighed heavy on her mind as she turned, studying her friend. "I-- I was thinking about it? She was nice to me. Fed me. She said her pack would help look for my brothers, too." It was probably that offer, more than anything, that had hooked the lonely female. If a few more sets of eyes, a couple more noses were set to the sky, it increased her chances of finding the wolves she missed so dearly. Uncertainty settled into the depth of her chest as she watched Kajika's eyes, ears shirting backwards by fractions. "Do you think she would lie about something like that?"

His invitation was a welcome distraction, and the timber wolf nodded eagerly. Anything was better than this constant doubt. She wanted security, a full belly, and companionship. It was no more than any normal wolf wanted, she told herself, her tipped her head. "What did you want to hunt, friend?"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“No Des, it’s not foolish to hope that you will someday find your brothers,” he told her.  Kajika knew how much his family had meant to him and how much he missed them and if it were possible for him to change the way they had he would be there with them.  However that was not something that he could do and he hoped that he would never have to make the same choice again. He thought that she shouldn’t ever stop looking for her brothers as long as she had hope that she would find them, no matter what the outcome of it might be. 

Kajika smiled when she told him that she was thinking about joining the alpha that had fed her and as it turned out would also help Des in the search for her brothers.  “That’s great, you should find a place that you can call home and if the alpha and her pack are willing to help you out I think that you should take it.”  He felt that if she was going to join the pack then she would have plenty of opportunity to pay them back for their help in the search for her brothers.  Though what she said next did worry him some nut he shook his head, “I think that if she is kind enough to offer you food without a second thought that she has a good heart and doesn’t seem to be the type to go back on her word,” he told her, “But I do think that you should still be cautious till you are sure.”  After all that was how they as lone wolves survived every day.

He was pleased by her response to his offer.  He had enjoyed the time that he had spent with her last time and did not see that it would be any different this time.  Also with the news that she was thinking of joining a pack he did not know when he would see her next.  Her question brought him from those thoughts back to the present.  This time a mischievous smile crossed his face, “Well I thought that this time we could go for a much different sort of prey,” he said in a teasing sort of way as his gaze drifted toward the water. “How do you feel about trout?” he asked his gaze going back to her.

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2015, 03:32 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
It was nice, she realized, to have another wolf to talk to.  As doubts swirled and bubbled up from his chest, Kajika managed to dampen some of them right back to the dark pit they had risen from.  Generous as Namid's offer had been, the other lone wolf had a good point.  The fish was given out of the goodness of her heart – the timber wolf hadn't asked, threatened, or bartered.  In fact, she was expecting children and, upon seeing a hungry wolf, had shared her prize.  "I think you're right," she hummed after a moment, her ears rolling forward once more.  "I'll be wary but…but I'm definitely going to keep her in mind.  No one else has ever made me such a nice offer."

And, the tiny voice in the back of her mind whispered, there will be puppies soon.  You love puppies.

Her mouth tipped upwards as she tried to such her mind.  There was no denying that fact.  She adored puppies, even ones she held no relation to.  This she could weigh on later, however, when she was alone.  It wouldn't do to waste time with a friend, especially if he wasn't planning on staying in the area for too long.

Tipping her head towards the lake, her grin grew, tail beginning to wag behind her.  "I like fish," Desideria informed her friend, gazing out into the crystal clear water.  "Not very good at catching them, though.  Sometimes I find a dead one, and eat that.  I've sto--  Uh.  I've had some, yeah."  Her expression was sheepish as her ears rolled backwards, realizing she'd almost admitted what she used to do.  Shrinking a bit, she cleared her throat.  "You good at fish?"

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2015, 06:12 PM by Desideria.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika truly was happy for Des at her chance to join a pack, he felt it would be good for her especially with what the alpha had offered.  Though he worried what would happen after she had joined and further more after he had finally found a pack as well.  Would they be able to stay friends or would they never see each other again, he didn’t want to let these thoughts run through his mind then.  Des was there now and it was important to not dwell on things that had yet to happen.  He nodded when she told him that she thought he was right.  Though he hadn’t had as long a life as others he had seen how a pack could change from good to bad, “I think it’s smart to stay wary but open, this could be a great opportunity for you. I don’t think that offers like that come around very often so when they do I don’t think they should be dismissed.”

Kajika had hoped that he hadn’t scared her off from wanting to find the alpha before but now he felt that she had set her mind on at least trying.  That was important because he only wanted the best for her and for her to be happy.  If he could help her to make the best decision to ensure that happened for her then he would do what it took.

As for satisfying both of their hunger it seemed that fish would be on the menu for the evening.  He was glad that Des liked fish though he tilted his head to one side when she said that she had eaten dead ones, “Well maybe tonight we can improve your fishing skills and you can have a fresh one for once.  Then after you will hopefully be able to catch them for yourself if you need to.”  He had noticed the sudden change in direction of her sentence but he chose to ignore it.  Instead he went on to say, “I do pretty well when it comes to fish though having a partner help will make catching them a lot easier.  So what do you say we get started?”

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2015, 06:47 PM by Kajika.)