(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Bing, Google

Fighting to Survive — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Anthem was as the edge of the border that lay between the Cove pack's territory and the no man's land. He stood standing in the exact spot that he had been accepted at. A small smile was on his face as he remembered it like it was yesterday. He had been accepted though it had been tense with Athena but he had still been aloud to join. Looking back he was grateful. Being in the Cove had seemed to open him up a little more each day. Sure he still had trouble submitting and he was sure that would follow him to his grave but he knew that he wasn't as cold or as uncaring as he had been before. Life alone had jaded him as well as the misfortunes that had happened along the way.

With @Vespertio as his friend and leader though it had changed something within him. He wasn't alone anymore. He had friends ones that he wasn't about to give up willingly. He had come here to remember and to remind himself that he had been offered the opportunity to have the role of Guardian. He hadn't accepted it then because he had been weaker, his days as a loner hurting him slowly. Now though he was thriving he felt stronger and he felt he could protect his friends should they need it. He felt that it was time to ask Vespertio to grant him the role.

Anthem tossed his head up and let his howl fill the air, calling the one that had first offered him a place in the home he now resided within. The call ending he let his head lower as he gazed at the area around him watching and waiting for his friend to arrive. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

The sun was shining brightly upon the lore today as the earthy toned man made his daily rounds. Lifting a leg here and a leg there to freshen the markers of his territory even though his queen, the silvery coated woman Namid, had already done so not too long ago. It was always better to keep them well marked then let the scent fade. A factor that would help deter unwanted visitors and possibly lure in those with valuable skills seeking the safety of a pack who had something to offer in return. Whether it be easier meals, a safe place to rest at night, company of others or a combination of them all. Everyone had their reasons for doing things.

Vespertio was in a mid trot towards the next location of his border markers when the call had rung out on the warmed spring air, a gentle breeze ruffling the shedding fur of his winter coat and even managing to remove some of the tuft of hair. Somersaulting like bundles of tumbleweed across the pine needle infested floor of his forest abode. Pausing his motions the points of his ears swiveled this way and that to catch each note of the summons from the larger male. Anthem was beckoning him to the borders. The reason behind his call unclear for the time being, but this did little to deter the patriarch from issuing his own howl. Returning that of Anthem's with a message that he was on his way.

Abandoning the duties at hand and with rapid movements the roughen pads of his paws from mountain living melted beneath him as soil and foliage alike disappeared under his gate. The earth being torn to bits by the sharp curves of his black tinted nails slashing at its surface. It didn't take long for the male to reach his destination, coming upon the storm coated man with a gleam behind his golden eyes and a grin settling on the ebony of his lips. Slowing his gate to a simple walk he closed the final distance between the two wolves, nodding his mighty crown in greeting. "Anthem. It's good to see you again. What can I do for you?" Vesper asks, the bottle brush shape of his tail lifting to wag in good spirits behind his creamy rear.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: Sorry for the crappy post.

The large man smiled when he heard his friends howl in return. So he was coming rather quickly then. Anthem wasn't in a hurry at all but he was going to be happy to see his friend once more. Then once this little meeting was over with he was going to go out hunting. There was never enough food around. It didn't long before he heard the sound of paws against the ground and he turned toward the noise. A grin crossed across his face as his tail wagged behind him in greeting. It was always like this smiles and friendly talk and to be honest the large man enjoyed every minute though he wouldn't say it aloud. He had missed it all in his days alone. He wasn't alone now though and he hoped that it would stay like that.

Vespertio. He said warmly in greeting before getting down to business Anthem began. I would like to be entrusted with the role that you once offered me as a Guardian. He said a little formally not sure exactly how to go about doing this but trying to make it look like he wasn't expecting that it would just be given to him. He hoped though that he would be but it was still Vespertio's choice whether or not if he felt that the larger man was worthy of the title. Anthem had let his head drop as he spoke to let the other know he wasn't asking Vespertio his friend but Vespertio his leader. 
(This post was last modified: May 07, 2015, 09:34 PM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
It's all good. My muse has been picky so I understand.

Red tinged audits pricked forward the man listened to the reasoning for his beckoning, nodding his mighty crown in response before mustering up a reply. "So you want to be a Guardian after all?" He questioned his friend with a raising of his tawny brows. Golden gaze scrutinizing the steely coated man to size him up before slowly beginning to circle him, head lowered and muscles tense for what was about to come. Vespertio believed the man was well fitted for the position after studying him since his joining and he would have loved to hand him the title. But there was a test blocking the stormy man from his goal. A test to see if he deserved the position. If he couldn't defend himself how could he be entrusted to protect an entire pack?

Pressing his ears flat against his skull as his head leveled with his spine and chin angled downward to protect his throat his entire weight was propelled forward. Muscles springing like coils to send him hurling for the other. Aiming straight for the larger man's shoulder in an attempt to knock him off balance. Lips pulled back to allow a snarling of words to filter past. "If you want the title, you must fight for it!" This would solely be a challenge between leader and subordinate. If Anthem really wanted to make himself the pack guardian then he would have to work for it. Nothing came free in life. If he wanted it he would need to fight for it. Fight him for it. 

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

The question that was asked had the large man nodding. He did want the title that's why he had called Vespertio in the first place. He wouldn't have called if he hadn't thought it over. If he hadn't made sure that he wanted it. Silently Anthem watched as his friend slowly began to circle him. What was he doing? A tingle went through his spine as his blue eyes tracked the motions his friend was making. Then his friends posture shifted to one that Anthem knew quite well. He himself had done it when he was preparing for a fight and he had seen it enough in others to know what it meant. A fight was brewing.

His thoughts stilled as Vespertio rushed at him the instincts in him reacting to the attack. Ears swept forward and his lips curled up into a feral snarl as he danced away the words filtering to him as if through mud. No time to think about words it was time to see if he could keep up with younger man. Letting his body drop some he growled the sound that mimicked thunder overhead. A warning. His muscles coiled under him as he launched himself towards Vespertio's left leg, his ears sweeping back with the motion. He intended to grab the appendage and pull while lifting in order to hopefully to throw his leader off balance enough that he went to the ground.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Gonna assume Anthem kinda stumbles like Vesper did with his miss and use that to get a blow in. Getting a ram to his ribs? If its not okay with you lemme know and I can change it!

Energy surged through the tawny man's veins as his full weight was sent forward toward his selected target, teeth unsheathed with the hope of grabbing a chunk of fur belonging to the larger man. The safely tucked eardrums of his ears briefly catching the thunderous snarl in warning as the stormy man revealed his own set of stained teeth before preparing for the onslaught, sidestepping his charge in the nick of time to avoid the snapping of teeth at his rear flank. Evidently sending the barreling patriarch into a cloud of dust as paws collected beneath his frame in a failed attempt at slowing his body, crashing into the rough bark of the nearest pine tree. A gruff groan escapes his lips from the collision, golden gaze focusing on the male that was now charging at him with the same intentions of knocking him off balance. Icy blue optics aimed at his left leg.  

So this was by no means going to be tipped in the younger man's favor. Then so be it. Given only a second to collect his breath, his rear limbs pushed against the ground to avoid the attack. Darting for the outer perimeter of the invisible fighting ring before swinging around to face his opponent, tail curled and bristled over his spine as his torso lowered towards the ground with front limbs sprawled slightly to allow his head to lower and better protect his vital throat. An intense fire burning behind his liquid gold eyes. If he wanted to get the upper hand of this fight he would need to play it smart. What weaknesses could he detect in the larger male? His size made him stronger compared to the shorter man. The extra mass he had on Vespertio giving him more muscle thus more power behind attacks. Being larger, though, it would have its draw back and luckily for the patriarch it would highlight his forte skill. Speed.

Circling the arena the ebony flesh of his lips vibrated with the force of the growl that bubbled in his defended throat, sizing up Anthem once more for the opportune place and moment to strike. Watching as the other took a stumble as a result from the failed attempt at landing a blow to the tawny man. Using this fault to his advantage before the second in command could regain his barrings a blur of fur rushed forward with muscles tensed for the blow they would likely receive in retaliation for what was to occur. A solid thud echoed on the air as the two bodies collided, his left shoulder finding purchase with the exposed right side of his opponent's rib cage as all ninety pounds shoved against the bulk of Anthem to once again attempt to knock him down.

(This post was last modified: May 21, 2015, 03:17 AM by Vespertio.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: Go ahead and just post I think we can try and go off the fight thread. You'll just have to patient with me.

It seemed that Anthem had moved in time to avoid having teeth dig into his pelt. His movement though led to Vespertio hitting a tree. The sound seemed to reverberate through the air but the large man ignored it ,he had run into a tree every once in a while himself in a fight. He felt no pity for the younger man. None at all even as he groaned out on impact. Anthem's own teeth searched for fur and flesh but he felt and heard them snapping empty air. He hadn't expected his opponent to be able to move so fast after hitting a tree so even as he turned to face Vespertio he knew it was too late to avoid the blow that was coming. 

Luckily it was only a hard shove and not teeth closing on him. The blow had him stumbling had him grunting as he was hit full force. Losing his balance enough to have him falling to the ground he lashed out with his legs in order to keep the younger man from getting in close to his vulnerable spots while he was down. A snarl echoed from his snapping jaws. He knew that once he was down he would have the disadvantage but he would make the most of it. Even vulnerable spots could be used to gain something. He was just hoping that this time he would be able to do so. He tuley didn't want to have this little spar end so quickly. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

The attack had been a success as the larger of the two was sent into the dirt below, a dust cloud rising as a result of the impact. Snarls and snapping of teeth echoing on the electrified air with each fluid motion made by each male. Vespertio attempting to go in for the vulnerable spots left exposed due to Anthem's changed position. The dark man countering with the flailing and twisting of his limbs to block these attempts. Protecting the vital areas that could bring this fight to a swift end with one wrong move on his part. A continual stalemate now presented.

If the tawny man kept this up neither would win the battle. Despite being dealt the upper hand having managed to overthrow the balance of his opponent, Anthem was just as skilled on his back as on his feet. A snap towards his neck deflected by a roll of his shoulder. A claw for his stomach met with a swift kick of his hind legs. There was no clear opening and it was just as clear that Anthem wasn't about to surrender. Emitting a thunderous growl in the depths of his chest Vespertio made a quick decision to jab one of his legs into the hide hip of Anthem. Hoping the action would create enough force to make him roll to one side leaving his neck exposed on the side. It was foolish to try and put it all on one move, but exhaustion was beginning to set into his muscles. The strength that once pumped within his veins beginning to deplete.

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Flailing his legs about and pushing the smaller man away was rather annoying. Anthem didn't like his position because if @Vespertio did manage to get a hold on him their wasn't much he could do other than try and push him away. This is were his longer legs came in handy but using his legs like this was getting tiring. He was just waiting for the moment when the others teeth clamped onto his paw, possibly breaking it or using it as leverage to get a more of an advantage. It seemed though that Vespertio wasn't to intent on them though as he made moves towards the larger man's throat and stomach. Vulnerable spots if one could get to them. It seemed thought that Anthem was lucky in the fact that he could keep his opponent off him...for the time being.

At the growl that filled the air Anthem felt his own echo up his throat in answer. Then he felt the sudden pressure on his hind end and he felt himself beggining to roll. He wasn't going to fight the motion as he pulled his legs in to go with the force. He knew that he was going to leave his back and neck exposed as his position changed, but they weren't getting anywhere really with what they were doing. Maybe if he had staid as he was he could have tired his opponent out to the point were it wasn't worth continuing. He felt that it would be cheating though. What was the point of giving someone the title Guardian if all they were able to do was flail and keep the other wolf off them until the wore out. A guardian had to be able to dish out damage not just avoid taking it.

Trying to roll himself quickly to his feet Anthem snapped his teeth were he assumed the next attack would be going, his neck. He didn't know if he would hit his mark or just be snapping empty air but he felt that this fight was getting to the ending point.
I am the Anthem we sing,