(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla

Not to Fail, Not to Fall — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
For @Zera, @Darrah and @Hotei - no posting order, but assumed they've walked in a group and are all there.

DATED: 1/25 - immediately after the dark is taking over

The black man shifted into a light trot, experienced wanderer's legs carrying him swiftly over the snow covered grass towards a clear part of the meadow around the old Oak. After sitting still throughout the meeting, his muscles were itching to get back in use, and he found himself looking forwards to a refreshing little spar; Even if it's just with the kids... To him they would always be that, the kids, his 'niece' and 'nephew' who had gone through way too much pain and fear in this their first year of life. But he would make sure they got strong, he would teach them to stand their own as he had once taught himself, and they would come out victorious.

After having put some distance between them and the dissolving group, he stopped, turning on the spot and sitting down again - though he was dying to get started, he felt the need to act with calm authority, at least to start off - and he watched the two youngsters with firm, ember eyes. He waited for Hotei to take a seat beside him, as official guardian it seemed appropriate that the large man take charge of the training, but at the same time, Drestig was his superior, and from what he knew of the scarred male, he preferred to let others speak.

So the Avalon took the word, looking strictly at his new pupils; "We will teach you to fight." He began simply; "It is a good skill to have for any wolf, some of the techniques you'll learn can be used when hunting, or chasing scavengers and rivals off. With the situation we are in, it's more important than ever..." Dark brows wrinkled at the words, eyes softening a little with the fear he felt for his family's safety. "like @Triell said, even though you won't -" He put extra stress on the word, looking especially at Zera; "- get to take part in any fight if we can help it, you need to learn to defend yourselves." Then he paused, looking to Hotei to see if the man had anything to add before they started the training; Have I forgotten anything..? He didn't think so, but better be sure; maybe the experienced guardian knew something he didn't, or maybe he just had something else he wanted to say to their two students.

Word count: 396

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2015, 03:28 PM by Drestig.)

pride12
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Sorry if this seems a little sloppy, big storm at my house. Wanted to get it done fast in case of power outage X-X

Darrah nervously trailed behind Drestig, not leaving much distance between the two. It was his idea to start the sparring group, though he hadn't really took into consideration what that might actually mean. The Prince had never physically been into the whole fighting thing, words were always his weapon of choice. Trying his best to steady his shaking paws, he thought of everything positive that could come from the experience.  

'It's a bit nerve wrecking.. being with this specific group of wolves.' he might of been over-thinking a bit, but the prince still couldn't help but feel out of place with his pack mates. "I'm not as close with Zera as I had been in the past.  Hotei.. He's my uncle but.. have I ever actually talked to him before?' he was most certain he hadn't. 'At least Drestig's here...' His faux uncle was the only wolf in Oak Tree Bend he felt completely comfortable around. Darrah knew that even if he were to screw up a bit, Drestig would understand.'I suppose I should just be grateful.'

A sigh of relief left the prince's body as the words "won't take part in fight" left his 'uncle's' muzzle. It's not that he wouldn't fight if it came down to it, he simply just didn't want to if not absolutely necessary. 'Defense is an absolute needed skill if I ever want to lead this pack, I better pay close attention from here on out' Darrah watched as Drestig exchanged a glance with his uncle, and waited patiently for something important to come of it.

(This post was last modified: May 14, 2015, 11:15 PM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Tay who has 46 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Zera Tainn
Sorry this took so long! Everything got kinda crazy around graduation!

Zera was a fighter from the start. The war drum wailed from the get-go, and ever since the young Tainn felt especially driven to defend and serve the Bend. When Nayeli went missing, the pup took matters into her own paws, raking the Spectral Woods at their deepest twists, scouring for everything that little girl was worth. But now, a young woman emerged from the trees with honor and glory riding high on her year-old shoulders. She felt a rage-like passion surge through her pulse at the thought of war, and the idea of her mother's captors. With nail, tooth, and claw Zera promised herself to victory. She felt unknown in her potential, and sometimes thought she was the only one that could see it. Darrah already had his name written across the Bend's high throne - and that very fact, assumption, that he could possibly be more passionate about his family than she was brought great defeat out in her. It was almost a crying shame to be presumed second in line next to him.

All of this was why she had to be the very best she could be. Zera already knew she was inevitably better than him, but somehow she feared the idea of her firstborn brother beating her out of the lead role. It weighed so heavily upon her that she rivaled herself, wondering if she'd ever be loud enough for her parents to hear. She knew that they were the ones that made the call, that could see everything in the past and present. She could only hope they saw the future that she did.

And with that, Zera marched along with her blood pressure sky high, teeth clenched for the precise moment to prove herself. She was nervous deep down in her determined gut, but tried to swallow it as they made their way to the practice grounds. She could only hope she would be able to show these seasoned wolves how much more she was driven, how much more she wanted to be revolutionary. Surely, Darrah was clueless, ambling along behind Drestig like a headless chicken. Psh, I've got this in the bag.

zera tainn