(See All?) Announcements
599 Users Online
Bing, Google

politically correct
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Round ends <b>April 16th</b>. Please reply by then, or you will be removed from the ranks (unless an absence is posted).

It felt as if not much time had passed since the last meeting had been held. And perhaps that was a reason he was so cautious to hold another one. Not necessarily due to the factor of time, but due to the fact that he feared no one would show up. What if they had followed Borden to wherever he had gone? His heart pounded in his chest as he settled below the peak that he usually stood upon to address his pack. But today would be different. He didn't want craned necks.

Alexander merely sat, wanting to share the good news with everyone around him, but the fear was threatening to consume him. Something had to be done about this. He couldn't hover listlessly around the mountain anymore. His jaws parted slightly as a massive huff of air was released, pushing his cheeks out as it twisted for only a second into steam. It was getting warmer, if only by a few degrees. A calm wind blew across the stone, and Alexander allowed himself to smile. Today would be a good day. Today would be a new day. He'd just have to make it stick this time.

Stepped away from the wall of stone, he tipped his head back to the early afternoon sky, and howled, calling for those that followed him. There was news to be shared, and things that had to be taken care of. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
    we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

The copper female was chewing on the end tine of a fallen deer antler. It wasn't an easy task, nor fullfilling meal. Her teeth grazed along it's rough edge slowly chiseling away at the hard texture keeping her mind busy. The weather was entirely lovely, but it was pleasant. It was nice to feel the wind caress the thick threads of her coat. She hadn't had anything paticluar going for her, only waiting by chance to catch another Midnight Plateau wolf. She hadn't thought she liked conversations, but in her new home they were more interesting than any past ones she'd had. Licking the small flakes from her lips the riveting howl of the gray and white leader called for everyone to come to him. There was news.

Hallelujah, she thought. Picking up her prize she stashed it at the entrance of her den. Stepping backwards her triangle mask titled, while with open ears she learned he was nearby. Couldn't get luckier than that. Light smile on her white jowls she picked up speed and darted up the stone path. Another turn and she bound she walked on the lonely scene. She was the first to answer? Alright, well that was okay. Lowering her head, and the carriage of her shoulers with tail she walked to her leader's place. She planted a respectful lick to his pale chin and throat. Then the lass took the steps needed to sit on the sidelines. "Good day,"she said rather cheerfully for herself. She was happy to see he was doing well, and to meet the rest of the group.

Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Lyalls, in the past, have often been noted for being notoriously consumed in tasks. Angier, however, had been spending most of his morning keeping an eye out for Skylah or Makita rather than, say, patrolling the pack borders. The wolves of Midnight Plateau had been generous to take him in, but since he had not been given a specific task to "pull his own weight" in the pack, the male had been left to do whatever he saw fit. For the time being, he simply watched over the land, not wanting to waste any precious energy. Though, by the time the afternoon skies loomed over Relic Lore, the second-born found himself trotting about the base of the Mountain with a decent prize dangling from his jowls: a large, dappled snowshoe hare. Boredom had gotten the best of him and he finally decided to make himself at least somewhat useful. He was just thinking of where to deposit the creature when Alexander's howl met his ears. <i>Perfect...</i>

Clumsily clambering up onto the rocky path that would lead him first to the rock shelf he had claimed, he made his way towards the Plateau. Stepping past his usual perch, he continued climbing until the mountain evened out to reveal a slanted tree. He peered around it to discover that the russet female was already there, sitting before the ashen alpha. Fixing his posture into one that conveyed his respect, the subordinate crept just close enough to Alexander to graze the leader's ivory chin with the bridge of his tawny snout. Following his courteous gesture, he gently set the rabbit at the leader's feet, a meal for after the meeting or a token for his mate - if he had one - or his Second should he wish to share or regift it.

Careful to keep his ears folded and his large frame low to the ground, he made his way beside Skylah and settled down on his stomach. He smiled to Alex first before offering her his genial expression. Perhaps now was the time for him to prove to his pack that he could be more than just another soul on the Mountain.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2011, 11:11 PM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Kat who has 79 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
OOC: I'm sorta just gunna talk about her past. It's a pretty scattered post. Sorry.

The past several weeks that Makita had survived as a proud Midnight Plateau wolf (and a loner) had been rather interesting, containing some of Makita's most intreaguing conversations aside from the ones with her families. They had held much good, and much bad.

Her first encounter with Borden, which she remembered so well, had been held many weeks ago in the icy grip of winter. She remembered how well the meeting had went, how his soft words convinced her to journey with him back to the mountain, where she now proudly held her place as second. The yearling had eventually decided to journey with the wolf to join Midnight Plateau, after such a pleasant meeting. Along the way, Borden became her hero, her idol. She began to look up to him with her overtrusting personality. Until she became lost. It wasn't long until a bear snatched her up and attacked her. With her strong will, she had still made it to the mountain. But when she encountered Borden again, it was nothing like their first meeting. It was more of.. well, yelling and snarling. She was sure that if she wasn't so gol' dang injured, he would've attacked her then and there. This counted as a bad thing.

Makita had also met Vlarindara Windrunner, who became a sort of mother figure to the yearling. The large white wolf had been there when Makita was attacked and was actually the one to save her life. Vlar had dragged her to a den and cared for her until she was well enough to drag herself up to the mountain. Without a doubt, Makita was so very happy to have met Vlarindara, who had started out as an annoyance to the yearling. Now, Makita knew she could always count on Vlar, who had proven to be a truly great wolf.

Alexander had been another great wolf added to Makita's daily life. After Makita had dragged herself up to the mountain, the tall white wolf had been the one to find her. Instead of reuniting with her ex-idol Borden, she drew closer to Alexander, who had trusted her with the rank of second. When Borden and Makita had their battle, she preferred Alexander over Borden and had been looking up to the alpha more and more with each encounter.

Angier had also been a wolf which she drew close to. The brother of Borden had helped to scare the attacking bear away several weeks ago, then left without a trace. Makita thought nothing of the act at the time, as she was just about dead. Now that she finally got to meet him, she still thinks nothing of it; he made up for it by caring for her, becoming a friend. Makita did not yet know that he was Borden's brother, but she probably wouldn't care if he was, he's a friend and Makita likes that fact.

Perhaps the wolf that Makita had grown the closest to (in the shortest amount of time, too) was Kinis. The yearling had met the young Tainn on the mountain, just outside of the Midnight Plateau territory, while she was lounging and enjoying the sunny day. It wasn't immediately, but she eventually recognized him as the bystander of her bear attack. The fact that he just stood did not anger Makita and she learned to like the young one quite a lot. In fact, she didn't want him to leave the mountain and hoped that he could stay a while. He'd definitely be one that she wanted to run into some other time.

In a nutshell, her life the past couple months had been crazy. It had it's ups and downs, but overall it was thrilling to Makita, one of the reasons she kept on living, breathing, and laughing. Now, her 'beloved leader' as Borden had called him, Alexander's howl rang through the air. Makita was lounging comfortably just outside her den, enjoying the pleasurable weather. Alexander.. Must be a pack meeting! Makita thought, letting herself get very excited. The yearling hadn't been to a pack meeting in forever, not since her parents disappearance. Now, she was second of Midnight Plateau, and she planned to make a good impression on all the wolves that she hadn't met. Besides, she would take place leading after Alexander and Amelie, if she was to stay that long, so she might as well make friends instead of enemies.

Makita had been healing very well. By now, she could limp and move around a bit. Her wounds were scabbed over and, if she didn't mess with them, would be healing quickly. At this rate, she should be completely healed by late May, or at least able to do some regular activities. She needed to be active soon with Amelie's puppies on the way.

Makita happily pushed herself off the ground, though her body tilted a bit with her limp. Her fluffy brown tail raised and wagged excitedly as she took a few wobbly steps, then urging into a limp towards Alexander's howl. Anxious golden eyes scanned the area calmly until she finally saw the first cluster of wolves at the meeting. First she saw, of course, the large white body of Alexander. She could remember well the first day they met, how he carried her to her new den and covered himself in her blood, though he knew nothing about her. Carefully, Makita limped a bit towards him and let her smooth pink tongue slide gently across his chin, sending him a friendly golden wink, and then turned to see who else happened to show up. "Hello!" she greeted kindly to him.

Skylah, of course. The older she - wolf had never really been Makita's favorite. Something about her just didn't make Makita like her, even with her bubbly, overtrusting personality. You haven't gotten to know her! she mentally scolded herself. With a little nod of her head to the female, her golden eyes trailed over to see the third wolf.

Angier! A smile lit her dark features, wrinkling the sides of her muzzle. The wolf she had come to know as a friend was settled on his stomach next to Skylah. Of all wolves he had to sit by Skylah. Ah well. Makita told herself happily, and she limped over to take a seat by Angier. {i}"Hi, Angier!"[/b] she greeted a bit more silently, smiling happily. Turning her head to look out, she waited for her other alpha, Amelie, and the other members of Midnight Plateau. A cute little smile was plastered on her muzzle, and she truly meant her happiness.

Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
<s>Next round ends <b>April 23rd</b>.</s> If you didn't post (due to absence, which is everyone that didn't post) feel free to post late. I'd honestly like everyone to show up, since this is a rather important meeting. <i>no post order.</i> <b><i>I'm extending the deadline to the 26th</i></b> since we're still missing two people.

As the last traces of his howl was carried away, he sat in silence, patiently. His eyes flicked in the direction of his den, where he assume Amélie was still sleeping. He wouldn't bother her right now, and if she slept through his noise, then it was for the better. He could make the announcement on his own. Closing his eyes, he took a breath, keeping them shut until he heard the faint sound of claw against stone, and opened them again.

Skylah was the first to arrive. Alexander smiled as she approached him respectably. He hadn't spoken to her since they had actually come here...It was a rather depressing thought that he wanted to rectify. But he was glad, at least, that she seemed happy. Hopefully he would be able to keep it that way. Angier was next, and brought with him a gift. Alexander stared at the male for a moment as he retreated beside Skylah, then down at the rabbit, which he lifted in his teeth to move off to his side. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Thank you," Alexander broke his silence, and did not let his smile falter.

And last, it seemed, was Makita. She seemed to be doing better. Though a limp seemed to be rather prominent, at least she wasn't bleeding anymore. His pale brows rose as she winked at him, and his tail swept over the stone as he fell into silence again. Three wolves sat before him. He was curious as to where Weldering was, but could only assume he was out-of-range, if such a thing was even possible. He let time tick on for a few more minutes before rising to all fours.

<b style="color:#51b85f">"I am glad to see most of you here today. There are important things to discuss, and I only hope that any stragglers may arrive here quickly." Alexander glanced past the three before him, and gave a pause, as if he was hoping that seconds could make them arrive faster. <b style="color:#51b85f">"The first reason I've called you here is to announce that my mate, Amélie, and I are expecting. I hope you all will look forward to assisting us with these little bundles." Looking over them all, Alexander seemed to brighten in sharing this news, and certain hoped that they all would as well. Waiting another moment, in case any questions or mutterings should arise, he then went on. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Secondly, I feel..." The great gray male sighed, as if this was the last thing he wanted to say, but he felt it was his own duty to step up to his shortcomings.

<b style="color:#51b85f">"I feel I've been too slack as a leader, and this will change right now." He straightened himself up as he sat down again, and his tail swept around to cover his paws. <b style="color:#51b85f">"You will all be assigned a duty. I hope it will suit you well, or else, please, speak up. I wouldn't want a fisher to be doing a hunter's job." His pale eyes shifted to Skylah first, and he went on, already knowing what he wished to assign each of them. <b style="color:#51b85f">"You will hunt. I hope you are still willing to lead our pack hunt, but I will leave the timing up to you." Nodding his head, he went on to Angier, <b style="color:#51b85f">"You will scout. But not just the mountain. I'd like you to collect any information on the surrounding packs that you deem important. I'm not asking you to spy, but to merely bring me news, as well as keep our borders safe." Finally, he looked over Makita, and let out a small sigh, <b style="color:#51b85f">"I'd like you to keep Amélie company, as a guardian of sorts, I suppose, at least until you have completely healed. At that time, you will be reassigned."

At that point, he fell silent, giving them time to state their feelings on these matters. He hoped there would be no quarrel, but if there was, he would meet it head on. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2011, 01:52 PM by Alexander.)
Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

This was her first pregnancy and thus far, the journey had not been bad. She was on day thirty now, and she had a big stomach to prove it. It actually made her quite lazy and constantly hungry... two things that did not go well together, so poor Alexander had to do all the work. Getting used to waddling, however, was a bit annoying... almost as annoying as it was to see yourself truly fat for the first time ever. Despite this, Alexander always made her feel beautiful, and thus she had begun to see her transformation with motherly eyes... she was not 'fat', she was pregnant, and carried a beautiful glow.

Amélie had been sleeping when Alexander called his pack. She awoke a little later later due to a kick in the ribs, and almost immediately, she remembered about the meeting. Swiftly (or as swiftly as she could) she stood up and waddled over to where the pack was united.

She could see three members along side Alexander and one only was notably missing. After taking her place beside her mate as regally as she could and giving him a lick to the chin, Amélie greeted the rest of her pack mates. "I'm sorry for arriving so late," she apologized to all of them and sunk in comfortably in place beside her mate.

Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
    we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

The copper brushed girl remained silent, not staring at Alexander but the area around, curious who might else show up. Angier was next and came with a beautiful rabbit for the white and gray leader. Butterscotch stare followed met the gold pair of Angier as he took up seat beside her. She offered him a bleak smile, before her ears one forward and the other back listened to Alexander and the approach of another. It was the brindle brown female Makita who had suffered some serious wounds. She wasn't really sure wath she felt about the girl. So Skylah did well not to change face. She glimsped to the younger girl and to Angier who she seemed much more to like. Skylah could picture the girl having a crush on him, and had to supress a grin. Head titled to the side, as she looked at the texture of the pale rock letting it take her concentration. She figured there had to be more wolves on the way, but after some passing time there was none. A little troubling, a slight wrinkle to her brow. It left as soon as it came and her eyes fell upon Alexander as the meeting started.

A dim smile lit her features, and there was a short wagging of tail when the news of pups was shared. Skylah was delighted, and slightly worried what would be expected of her when the little ones came. She would do what was asked of her she decided, putting her worries to rest. Alexander seemed happy by the news, and she expected it to be his first litter of pups. Of coarse her eyes couldn't help but look for the expecting mother, but she must be resting. Skull titled slightly, she wanted to disagree with his words. She hadn't seen a lot of him around, but she was sure he had been busy with his new family on the way: like any leader should have been. She remained silently as his eyes addressed her. She flashed a confident smile, and nodded her head. She had no problem with the role, and decided she would arrange a hunt soon to feed the growing pack. The others were listed, and once quiet settled a white wolf came forth. Stomach was evident with small life, but she strikingly pretty, and made her way to Alexander's side. Cream ears shifted at the ladie's words. They were faintly familiar, the accent. Skylah had to think where she'd heard it. The lady had appoligized for being late. "No worries, it's good to see you doing well." Skylah stated with a friendly tone. The lead lady looked to be donig alright, and Skylah hoped her eyes did not decieve her. Attention switched to Alex, If I arrange a hunt, is mountain goat alright or would it be better to try for elk?" She had no problem getting a goat, especially if Angier would be all to help her. Elk might be better if they had more, but it would be getting the meat up here that would be the chore.

Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
<blockquote>Angier gave a slight smile to Makita, remaining quiet as she took a seat. She seemed to be healing just fine and it made him quite glad to see her in good spirits. As Alexander began to speak, he listened intently, nodding every so often to show that he was paying attention. <i>The leader had a mate, Amélie, and they were expecting...</i> Images of what the leader's mate might have looked like sprung into his head, but they were all dull in comparison to the alpha female who appeared. The Lyall bowed his head in respect, more than glad now to have at least laid eyes on her. Before the meeting she could have been anyone and he wouldn't have known her by any sort of identification... Name, appearance, or scent.

The next bits of information his mind processed was that he was to collect any information... beyond the Mountain... about the surrounding packs. He was to report to Alexander any important findings and, upon his return, continue to keep the edges of the pack's territory well-guarded. He made a mental note to start southwest, to catch up with Vlarindara and her pack in Cedarwood, then go from there. Surely, the other neighboring packs weren't too far away from them, then he'd make his way back to Mount Dire.

His golden eyes seemed to be distant, as though his attention had dropped off somewhere, but at the sound of Skylah's question, he came about and looked to her before returning his gaze to the pair of ashen wolves.</blockquote>

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Adalae who has 75 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia had been unusually busy these days, with hunting and patrolling, not much time was left for simply socializing. Therefore, the sound of Alexander's howl was most certainly welcome. Immediately abandoning her post, she made her way towards the source of the haunting call. When she reached there, she immediately saw all the familiar faces. Alexander, in all of the leader's glory, Amelie, with her belly bulging. Just the thought of new family members and friends brought a smile to her face. Next came Skylah, whom she did not know much about, though hopefully that would change soon. After that came Angier, and she flashed the humorous male a smile before turning her gaze, finally, to Makita. Despite the fact that the only time she really had met the female was during a breakdown, Adonia felt a sense of connection with the wolf, as crazy as it sounded. Hopefully the feeling was mutual between the two.

Realizing that Alexander had already begun to speak, she sat in the back and quietly listened, with a slightly embarrassing feeling. The she wolf hoped that she hadn't put things on hold or brought attention to herself. If she did, it seemed like something she would hate to bear for the rest of the day. Feelings of embarrassment always returned when she reminisced on the experiences, and they always made her want to scream and bang her head against the tree.

Either way, she returned to the present and quietly listened to the male leader speak.
Played by Kat who has 79 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
OOC: Sorry for taking so long! xD

Makita's fluffy tawny tail curled around her paws next to Angier, her smile as wide as it could spread. Her large brown ears swiveled towards her large white alpha, listening carefully to his words. "The first reason I've called you here is to announce that my mate, Amélie, and I are expecting. I hope you all will look forward to assisting us with these little bundles." Puppies! Makita wanted to jump up and down with excitement. She had always wanted to have puppies someday, even if she was really old and wrinkly. They were so cute! "Congradulations!" she blurted, and immediately closed her mouth when she didn't hear anyone else speaking. Only slightly guilty and hoping she didn't interrupt Alexander, she let her head fall, her ears perked and listening for the next words.

It was when Alexander spoke of slacking as a leader that made Makita frown slightly. He hadn't been lacking. He'd been caring for her, his mate and the unborn pups, and the pack all at once. The alpha was doing well. But her smile returned without hesitation when he mentioned giving out duties. She already had the rank of second (which she'd been terrible slacking at), but she hadn't been given a duty. At that moment, she thought a bit of what her duty could possibly be. Watching over the pack? No, that was Alexander's job, and she wasn't completely healed anyway. She prayed to whoever would listen that it wouldn't be to simply take care of herself. When Alexander told her to watch over Amélie, her face lit up.

A bit after that moment, the beautiful other alpha appeared. She was gorgeous. Makita's eyes scanned around the pack to see their faces and reactions. At the woman's apolagy, Skylah simply said it was alright and Makita kept herself from frowning. Something about that girl made Makita unhappy. Hopefully she wasn't just being judgemental. Angier bowed his head and stared, obviously awed. Makita gave a smile to the woman, who she was now a guardian of, and gave a simple, "Hello!"

Makita took in a breath and a firmiliar scent filled her nose. Adonia! Her head swiveled around to see the pale girl. "Hey!" she murmured quietly to Andonia, who Makita considered a friend, and then let her tawny head swing back to the two brilliantly white alphas.