(See All?) Announcements
567 Users Online
Google, Bing

Can't Let Myself Regret — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Iopah @Miccah ready to wrap this up? One more from each of you perhaps? :)

Her ears flattened back, extended muzzle retracting when she saw Iopah's hesitancy. She understood, of course, after all that the expecting mother had been through, and with Miccah standing so close by, radiating hostility, despite his neutral demeanor, Aideen could see why her friend would want to be extra cautious. She forced her smile back and nodded lightly; I understand. She wouldn't intrude any further. Quickly, she lowered her nose to the ground, pushing forwards the little bundle at her paws; "I brought you something, to help." Copper eyes glanced back up, a kind smile offered to her golden friend; "This one is for pain, this to help with excessive bleeding, and this, you should take after the birth, to help you get back your strength and produce plenty of milk." She explained, pointing to the different herbs with her snout. Even though she couldn't examine the pregnant woman directly, at least this could help a bit.

Straightening up, Aideen met her friend's bright ambers, feeling a wave of intense emotion pass between them. Then Iopah moved to reassure her, the nudge to her jaw eagerly reciprocated. "I'm glad." The tri-colored medic whispered in response, smile growing sad, suddenly she felt melancholic, she had a distinct inkling of where this was going. The newly crowned timber queen spoke again, her tone indicating that she too was sensing the heaviness of the situation; I never wanted this either... Iopah's apology made the smaller female straighten up though, a glint appearing in her warm eyes. "Don't be." She said, voice strong now, almost commanding. A short glance was given to the ebony man by her side, her throat clenching a bit, but then she shot out her chin, determination clear on her face as she returned her attention to the pale wolf. "I understand." And in the tone was so much more than those two words, a weight of both forgiveness and recognition; OTHERS might not, but I do!

Then the attention of them both, shifted to the dark guardian, expectation and tension heating the air between them. Despite his carefully neutral face, Aideen could sense the brewing feelings within her dark knight, and again her heart ached; Why did this have to happen?! She longed for them all to be friends once more, for all this to be undone. But she knew her wish could not be granted. Miccah's answer was short and stiff, and the petite lass sighed internally, she knew her own questions would be answered soon enough, but she wished he would have given Iopah a better answer too. The former huntress cared deeply for Danica, Aideen knew that, and she thought she deserved to know about the unfortunate young girl. But she had no more information to give and had to simply shrug her shoulders lightly when she returned attention to her cream-pelted friend. The attentive healer noticed a quick glance of hurt in the golden eyes and again felt a need to comfort and reassure, to mend what had been broken. But there was nothing she could do.

Iopah regained her composure instantly too, and seemed to consider something, looking back and forth between her visitors. Then she finally extended an offer, and a lump formed in Aideen's throat. It was hardly a warm invitation, but she could see the reasoning. Glancing again at Miccah, she knew this option was the best for them, as little as Iopah wanted him on her territory, as little did he want to be there. The rusty girl swallowed hard, smile a bit shaky when she nodded at the timber queen; "Thank you, that will be perfect." But at the same time as she felt excitement trickle at the prospect of more time with Iopah, she could feel her stomach sink. This was no solution, and she finally realized that there was none. What had formerly been a last resort, had become entelechy; she would need to choose between them.

Word count: 660

"Speech" Thoughts
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

She wasn't sure what they would think of the offer. Iopah herself wasn't sure what she thought of the offer. A part of her wanted them to reject it, for how safe could an unclaimed forest really be? What if something happened again? She had just found Aideen... after months of fearing the worst. There was still wonder that the rusty woman was alive, that she still could count her as a friend. The other part wanted the distance of the Red Fern forest. She had searched ceaselessly all winter, only to completely miss the woman each time. The guilt was a heavy burden, far heavier than Miccah's quiet revulsion of her. The offer was a compromise that sat uneasily within her.

Her emotions were a wreck, the hormonal late-stage of her pregnancy the opposite of helping, when Aideen replied. There was no response from Miccah, leaving the pregnant woman to shift her disquieted gaze away. She could only fret over the consequences of Miccah knowing where her pups were to be born. Hadn't the point of travelling been to find somewhere safe from Nina and her followers? The pups in her belly squirmed with their mothers uncertainty. Her own smile was far more unsure than Aideen's. They both knew it was far from perfect, but it was all they had left now.

Iopah tried for an encouraging nudge, letting the gesture be the impetus to back away from the pair. They had to make the most of this. "Later..." -she glanced at the back of Miccah's head- "after you get settled, I could show you around?" It was tentatively worded, the longing blatant. She wanted to go with them, help them navigate and answer any questions, but she was heavily pregnant and clearly not welcomed by Miccah. Awkwardly, she shuffled even further backwards while an ear flicked forward hopefully. "I'll be nearby, just call for me." Her pregnant belly continued moving long after they vanished into the ferns and the expectant mother looked around for her pile of moss. It was gone, lost somewhere in her excited rush to see Aideen. He belly continued rolling. Iopah glanced once in the direction Aideen had gone in and sighed before starting another collection of grasses and mosses.