(See All?) Announcements
628 Users Online
Google, Bing

regal — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

He offered his own tired smile to Kisla. He was fast approaching his sixth spring in this realm, and age was starting to show in the slight greying around his coal-coloured lips. Two girls, she had told him, and the River lord's heart soared. Still, he could not help but think of those two lifeless bodies their loyal scout had stolen away ... this had been his fault. His inability to protect their last home had led to their lives being lost. It left his mouth bitter with self disappointment; how could he have been so weak, so unable to defend his land and his family?

He cooed softly at his daughter as he shuffled out of her way. Names would have to wait then, wouldn't they? "My sweetling." He nuzzled her behind the ear as he took to sitting on his haunches, allowing Karina to deliver the herbs to the fatigued mother. He cast a glance to his son, sauntering over to sit beside him with a warm smile. "You'll meet them soon, Orren." He nodded in an attempt to reassure the lad that was his second son. "You have to protect your siblings when they're so young and weak, you know. I hope you're willing to patrol the borders at least a little." The king knew of Orren's tendency to procrastinate. The father had never pressured the adolescent, though. No, he had allowed him to bloom at his own pace.

Maksim offered his son a wink. "I remember when you were that small," he teased with a rumbling chuckle. When Kisla was ready to call him back, he would come ... for now, he sat beside the second of his boys.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Alace who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski

Maksim stepped aside to allow Karina entry, nuzzling her behind her ear to encourage her forward. Stepping into the mouth of the den, the child hesitated, confidence faltering as she realized she would be the only one inside the den with her patient, who was also her alpha and mother. Karina turned to glance back at Lachesis, just to be sure he was there in case she needed him. She turned forward once more, periwinkle eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness within. Her father murmured lovingly to her, and Karina would have returned his affection with licks to his face had she not had her mouth full with the herb bundle. She heard Orren collapse to the ground and sigh; a reminder that he was not allowed into the den and she was. Knowing she was squandering her unique opportunity lingering out here, the girl took a few tentative steps into the den.

Karina stood for a long moment while she assessed the scene with wide eyes.  Her vision had never been very helpful to her even in the best of lighting, and in the dimness it took her a few extra moments to get a feel for the situation. She could hear and smell the newborns suckling, and when Kisla spoke her voice was calm and even. There was no sign that she was in distress or pain. Everything seemed to have gone off without a hitch. In any other situation the budding healer, eager for practice, might have been a little disappointed, but in this case Karina was overwhelmed with relief that Kisla was safe.

She left the pineapple weed and the sweetgrass, and just a little pine bark in case she was in any pain. The yarrow and thistle she held back, as obviously there was no need for either. Kisla thanked her for the herbs and then laid her head upon her paw, looking so tired that Karina wanted to snuggle up next to her for a nap, just as she used to do. But Kisla had new puppies for snuggling now, and Karina knew better than to get too close to a new mother, even if it was her own mother. “You did great, Mom..” Karina whispered, unsure of what else to say.  

”Two beautiful daughters,” Kisla imparted, and Karina smiled weakly. The girl began to tremble from emotion: relief and happiness, but also worry and jealousy as the weight of the situation settled upon her. There were officially more princesses than princes in their family now, and Karina had been overshadowed enough as it was already. Not knowing what else to do or say, she scrambled out of the den. Her eyes were welling with tears as she brushed quickly past her father.  She slowed down only to spit the thistle and yarrow out at Lachesis’s feet and blurted, “She’s fine. They’re all healthy.” Despite her effort to remain in control, a tear fell from one large, periwinkle eye. The eldest princess turned from her tutor and dashed away.  She could not let her family see her cry on this day that was supposed to be happy, but Kjors... Kjors would understand.  She had to find Kjors.

[Image: KjorinaB.png]   
 [Image: JeWBS4.png]
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Exhaustion pulled at the golden mother, though her tired eyes remained focused upon Karina. She studied the offering, a slow smile pulling at her lips as she tipped her muzzle up, requesting a kiss from her beloved daughter. Maksim was just outside the den with Orren and the others, and she exhaled gently.. grateful for the pups to be born, and for their travels to finally be over. Hearthwood River held a certain pull to it -- and she was not sure she was regretful that they had to leave Cut Rock River behind to find it.

She did not notice the upset that seemed to brim from her daughter, nor the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. Karina left then -- Kisla's own assumption that her daughter was making room to allow her father back in once more, and as her pale daughter left, Kisla allowed a few stolen moments to pass, her muzzle drifting up to brush over both of her newborns. She had yet to realize how distraught her eldest daughter was of their existence, and so, beautifully oblivious, Kisla finally uttered a low bark for Maksim to come back in once more. They had two little ones to name -- and then she would need him to seek out Naia and determine where she had buried the two that had not made it. Her gaze was wistful for a moment, grateful that two had survived despite the stress they had forgone. Never again would she be removed from her home -- and never again would her children know what it felt like to lose their home. Of that, she was certain.

When her mate entered once more, the two would place names upon their new beautiful newborns. Shortly after, Kisla would fall asleep while Maksim laid watch just outside of the den.

(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2015, 03:10 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by PuppyThief who has 157 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Orren Baranski

Orren Baranski
I wanna feel like I’m somewhere I belong

-

Without raising his head, the young prince watched as his sister was allowed into the den, no small amount of jealousy brewing in his chest. Like his mother, he had no clue how Karina felt about the situation, assuming she, like himself, was filled with excitement and curiosity, and the only dread in her heart was for their mother and the newborn's well being.

Orren would have continued to pout while his sister tended to their dam, but as his eyes drifted upwards, they were suddenly met  by a pair of sharp, chartreuse greens. Maksim addressed his son, walking over to sit beside him, and the copper tinted boy looked up at his father with a pale smile, the worst of his envy fading under the attention. Though the audacious yearling often clashed with his sire's rigorous nature, he held a deep respect for him, and there were few things he wanted more than his father's approval. So when Maksim asked for his help, Orren' face grew serious, his mouth tightening into a thin line. He nodded slowly, meeting his father's unwavering gaze; "Yes dad." He said in a solemn voice, straightening his neck; "I'll protect 'em. I'll do everything to keep 'em safe, to keep everyone safe!"

The uprooting from his first home had pushed the young man towards adulthood, no matter how much he had fought it. And now, with a new land to defend, and new sisters to protect, the otherwise so mischievous lad was beginning to feel like a responsible member of the pack, a grown-up. Yes, he would watch over his mother and the new princesses; I'll make sure nothing happens to ANY of them! His attention was caught as Karina came rushing out of the den, ears flicking forwards while his eyes followed her through the clearing. For a moment he felt fear clench his heart, then he heard her quick comment to Lachesis, and his shoulders relaxed a bit. A quick smile was flashed up at his father, then Kisla's voice sounded again from within the den, and Orren waved his tail contently, eyes returning to the clearing, watching over everything and keeping guard while Maksim went to inspect and name his new daughters. I think I'm gonna like being a big brother... He thought, smiling to himself; I just hope I can do a good job.

"Speech" Thoughts