(See All?) Announcements
447 Users Online
Google, Bing

all we wanna do — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

The rustle of movement at the edge of her peripheral vision caught her attention, dark amber gaze dropping momentarily from the rounded agouti woman to rest on the filth riddled boy. A silent 'huh' resonating in her mind at the sight of his tail wavering in a relaxed manor to signify his lifted mood. A factor that it was clearly evident that Enoki's presence was hardly comforting to the young male who was finding himself drawn more to the experienced mother than the marred face loner. A reaction completely opposite to the one she had received and one that slightly jabbed at her pride. Others had enjoyed her company before. Had the new addition to her muzzle alone truly made her that...unpleasant?  

Enoki couldn't give it any more thought, though, as another set of motion caught her attention. Eyes drifting back to the expectant mother as a smile graced her lips and the once raised tail at the base of her spine fell to neutral position. Doing little to soothe the wariness that flowed in her veins. Anyone could fake a smile and show they meant no ill-will. Relaxing her muscles only slightly she kept just enough tension built up in them to make a quick get away if events called for it, nodding her ebony crown in response to the introduction Minka gave. 'Minka Lagina. Round Stone Crest. I'll make sure to inform Elettra of this pack if she hasn't received information about them already.' The two toned woman had no recollection of hearing about this pack before nor knowing how new it was. Either way it would make a good bit of news to bring to the regal queen and consider as efforts of her wanderlust journey.

Minka's attention was soon quick to turn away from the fellow female, returning to her sole interest. The young lad. As the matriarch spoke Enoki couldn't help but feel that the scenario had turned into a one way conversation. An A B conversation leaving herself as the odd man out. The C if you will. A shift in the breeze and her nose was sent to twitching as the scent of prey lofted on the air. Teasing her nostrils and stomach with the tantalizing aroma of fresh rabbit near by. If her presence was no longer required(nor was it really since the beginning) perhaps she could entertain herself with a snack. Alas she thought better of it and focused back on the exchange of words between the others, not wanting to be rude for just up and leaving mid conversation. Ears pricking with mild interest, but saying nothing. A silent spectator.

Played by Sarah who has 35 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Octavius Percival Lyall Aquila
@Minka @Enoki. Probably going to be my last post? Octavius can be pp'd by Minka leaving or something. OR if things get juicy or something we can keep going xD

check the cupboard for your daddy’s gun

The Lord’s gonna come for your first born son

You mean it?” He blurted out suddenly, his shyness and silly pride slipping from his expression. “Help” and a place to live were two very different things. Octavius had thought she might have just meant something like a rabbit or some directions to Grizzly Hollow. While he did need these things, there was a desire to have them accomplished on his own. But a pack was something different, something he certainly needed if he intended to survive much longer. And here she was, a leader.

Thoughtlessly, he threw himself against the ground before the matriarch. “I—I accept. Let me join. I’ll do anything.” His boyishness might have been considered charming. He was everything his golden father could never be: sincere, organic, innocent. His voice was not a drawl and his heart was on his sleeve. In this moment, he seemed much more of his mother’s child than his father. Octavius knew the trappings of pack life, and he had some ideas about the things that were expected of him and a yearning to learn the things he did not. He also could not help the thought of getting to spend more time with this woman, who was probably a mother. Maybe there were others his age in her pack. Would she introduce them? Could they be friends?

Cautiously, he cast a glance in the direction of the stoic dark wolf. Did the offer extend to her, too? Would the stranger care if it did not? He gulped. But her interest in their conversation seemed tenuous, and her attention was on the breeze.”Are you gonna come too, Enoki m’am?” His eyes jumped back and forth between Minka and Enoki.
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2015, 02:01 AM by Octavius.)
Posting availability
9pm - 10:30pm EST weekdays
Weekends sporadically. 
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
so sorry this took forever! Once Enoki exits we can archive :)

Minka watched as the piebald woman relaxed slightly though took note of the tension that was still present in her frame. The alpha didn't trust her, constant tension and wariness usually came with baggage and far too many hidden truths. Still her focus of this chance happening was not on the tense woman but on the poor child that she had stumbled upon. His whole expression changed in an instant and the expectant mother couldn't help but chuckle, "Of course I mean it, it would be cruel of me to offer such a thing as a joke wouldn't it?" Then her soft laughter ceased, perhaps all Datura had seen of the world had been cruelty and hardship, not all children had easy lives. Her own daughter was missing, possibly even long deceased and that was with a loving pack and parents to look after her.

The golden eyes softened even farther as the boy threw himself upon the ground, adding even more dirt into his filthy pelt. Was this what @Noble looked like now? Malnourished and filthy, begging at the paws of another? Slowly Minka bent down so she could attempt to press her muzzle against the boys shoulder in comfort, "You don't need to do anything, except choose which pack role you're most interested in learning. All of the yearlings in the Crest choose a specialty and are assigned a personal mentor, you'll spend the next year learning from them everything you need to know about that role." She smiled again towards the boy in encouragement, though he had time to make this decision, their pack meeting wouldn't be until after the pups were born.

It was Datura's words that brought Enoki back to her attention and the golden eyes lifted once more before she straightened her form. The other woman seemed more interested in the scent of rabbit that floated on the breeze and less in the fact that they were discussing pack happenings. Thinking for a moment she offered, "If you do wish to come seeking acceptance our pack lays west of here, you can call for me at the borders." Waiting for a moment for some kind of acknowledgement, either verbally or silently before she turned away once more. Smiling at the newest member of the Crest she murmured, "Come Datura, it's time to return to our borders, I'd like to show you around your new home." Perhaps she had been unable to bring her daughter home with her, but she was saving some other mother's child and for now that was enough. Minka could only hope that someone was doing the same for her own daughter.

Heading back to the west with the golden boy by her side Minka did her best to explain to him about the pack. About @Kova her own son who was bout his age, her mate @Tokino who was out on a trip searching for their daughter, about @Raela and @Cessair and @Gent. Hopefully someday the boy would be comforted enough to call them his family, but they would take it one day at a time.

EXIT MINKA AND OCTAVIUS

Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

At the mentioning of her name, swarthy colored crown and deep amber eyes honed in on the lad whom now was as level with the earth as one could be. More filth collecting on the mud clad strands of hair framing his body in a form of submission to his new queen. Expressing his eagerness to follow wherever she led him. Would she join them too? Thoughts rambled in her mind on the idea and her promise to Elettra that one day she would return to her kingdom under the willows. A promise was not something Enoki liked to break. Rounded ears shifted once again as Minka chimed in before the piebald wolf could speak a yay or nay. Speaking of the pack's location should she decided to join.

The choice of wording was off putting and did little to reshape her already lackadaisical attitude of the situation. There was no straight go away or please come with us and her tone may not have entirely suggested it, but the agouti woman didn't seem exactly thrilled on the idea of recruiting the uniquely coated individual. "The offer is appreciated, but I've made a promise to someone already to return to them. I don't break my promises." With that being said it was clear the conversation had come to a swift end. Mink ushering the boy away with a prod to his shoulder. Enoki rising to her feet to take her own leave. Perhaps she would cross their paths again in the future. Perhaps not. Nodding to each in a silent goodbye her dark silhouette returned to the shadows of the forest. Paws set on traveling onward before eventually circling back to start the trek back home. What an eventful day.  

Exit.