494 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Bing

The Higher You Climb — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 247

Angele watched as the smaller woman hungrily tore into the meal, gratefully nodding her head as she did.  It wasn't until she had finished that Angele finally moved to the kill and swallowed a few bites.  It would be good to keep her energy up, even if she wasn't too hungry at the moment.  One never knew when her next meal was.

Angele flicked her ears in acknowledgement of her companion's reply to the directions, continuing eating.  The meat was a little stringy, but nutritious all the same.  

She shrugged at the woman's apology, swallowing her bite before replying.  "I understand your displeasure."  She returned to eating, determined not to leave too much of the meat to scavengers.  The last thing they needed was a bear taking to either of their trails in the hopes of easy food. 

Angele heard footsteps as the woman set off, a new vigor to her step. She snorted in amusement.  So her name is Aideen Smoke. She thought.  Secret Woodlands.  A pack, perhaps?  It would certainly make sense.  Aideen quickly vanished into the trees, and Angele hoped she wouldn't get lost.  A thought struck her.

"If you can't see the mountains, look at the sun.  As long as it rises to your left and sets to your right, you're going the right direction."  She called.  That should keep her on the right track.  There was one more thing.  "Could you direct me to Fallen Tree Cove? I'm looking for my brother."

"Speech"  Thought
My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

Brisk steps carried her quickly away from the helpful stranger, the usual determination back in her movements; home was within her grasp, she could feel it. Still, she remained within earshot long enough to hear the grey woman's last call of advice, pausing for a minute and smiling to herself. Copper eyes drifted to the slivers of dark, cloud covered sky above, blinking against the sharp, but diffuse light; The sun, yes... Oh how she missed the sun. But she appreciated the attempt at help, and her tail wagged vigorously behind her, for now she was still optimistic, full stomach helping her keep her eyes on the price.

She was sad, when she heard the last question reaching her from behind; she would have loved to be able to offer her own help in return to her ochre dusted savior. But the name was entirely unfamiliar to her, whether it was a pack or a land she didn't know, it would have to lie beyond the mountains, or far south, but she had never even heard of it. Raising her muscle again, she howled back a single, apologetic note, trusting that the perceptive, pale lady would understand; "Sorry!" Then she lowered her head again, nose hanging right above the forest floor as she continued onward, knowing, for now at least, that she was headed home.

EXIT

Word count: 225

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: Sorry, this is all I could think of :/

Angele couldn't help the disappointment that rose in her. She had hoped she was close enough for Aideen to have knowledge of this 'Fallen Tree Cove' her source had told her about.  She herself didn't know if Fallen Tree Cove was indeed a pack or if it was a location.  She huffed a sigh and watched the female vanish into the trees, a light spring now in her step that hadn't been there before.

At least I did a good deed.

Angele sighed again, finished eating, and continued on her way towards the mountains.  Don't worry, Anthem.  She thought.  I'm coming.

"Speech"  Thought
My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]