(See All?) Announcements
607 Users Online
Google, Bing

A Promise Kept — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Squishing her paws into the sand, she worried her claws across the fine grit. The lowlands were nice – she knew where they were, at least. Hunting for birds had been fun. Still, it seemed like a ways away, and Desideria was unable to school all the disappointment off her face. "Noble goals," she hummed, glancing down at their reflection in the water. Her companion had bushed off into deeper water – she remained rooted where she was. And that was how it was going to be, wasn't it? Kajika would take off with freedom under his wings, able to enjoy the bucolic splendor such open prairielands would offer him.

Desideria would be stuck by the lake, chained by a decision she hadn’t entirely thought through. The sound of her friend's voice dragged her from her melancholy, fixing her amber eyes upon him as he wandered through the water to wash the stench from his pelt. "It's…okay," she replied slowly. " Namid is a nice alpha, at least. I life her better than the other ones I've met. Haven't met all the other wolves, really, mostly keep to myself. You know, want to check things out, scout out the territory, all that sort of stuff. The other wolves haven't been openly…friendly, exactly. Which is fine."

Except it wasn't fine. She rolled her shoulder in a shrug, ears rolling back as she stared back into the water. "I mean, I've definitely had worse. And open access to food and water is great. Never hungry. And a safe place to sleep is good, too." Dezzy glanced back up, studying her companion as he paddled. "Could do with a friend, though."

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When he told her the answer’s the questions that she’d asked he hoped that she would understand why he was doing what he was doing.  The two words that she said after made him think that she did in some way, he really did want her to understand.  “I don’t want to live in the same sort of pack that I was living in before,” he added, “I made the mistake of staying too long and I don’t want to be in that situation again.”  It was a long overdue explanation that he felt it was time she heard.  He had finally swam out to the deeper part of the water to allow the flow of the water to clean the mud and smell off of him, at least he hoped it would.  It was nice paddling a few lazy circles with his tail floating behind him acting as a rudder and not having any plans in mind besides spending time with his friend.

His question about how she liked her new pack life was not met with an answer that he was expecting. This disappointed him because he wanted her to have what he was searching for, he wanted her to be happy. Kajika swam back to her, “I’m glad that Namid is a nice alpha, nice alphas are good alphas.  I think that you should take your time to get to know them and maybe you will find some friends among the ones you haven’t met that will make it more than okay.” Kajika really wanted things to go better for her and he wished there was something that he could do for her.

She went on about the good things and they were good but she needed more than a safe place to sleep and access to a good supply of food and water.  She needed a place to feel like she belonged. “Those are all good things that every wolf wants.  I think that you should give it a little more time for you all to grow accustomed to each other,” he said hoping that would raise her spirits some. The last thing she said about having a friend tore at him more than he would like to admit.  “I know, when I am out traveling I wish you were by my side and I wish more than anything I could stay here with you but I can’t make a decision that could hurt you in the end, I care about you too much,” he said before rubbing his muzzle against hers.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: May 18, 2015, 08:22 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
He had sweet words – and truthfully, Desideria had no reason to disbelieve him. His advice had been sound when he instructed her on catching fish. These days, she was actually able to do that herself. Kajika had been good on his word when he sealed himself to his word to see her again. Here he was, after all, enjoying the cool waters of the lake as they discussed heavy topics. While it was not the answer she wanted, the timber wolf reached over to return the gesture all the same.

"I do like Namid," she admitted, gaze drifting back towards the pack territory. Soon enough, the young female would be a mother – Des only hoped she would be allowed to watch the puppies on some occasion. Of course, she didn't know their father, Namid's mate, and that meeting would probably determine whether or not she'd be allowed to assist in some degree. But she was getting ahead of herself.

Deciding that Kajika smelled cleaned enough, Des turned, slowly padding her way back to shore. The sand had been warmed by the sun – a perfect place to dry off. Flopping on the beach, she tipped her head, and waited for her friend to join her before continuing. "Yeah – I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Just not the same as being on the road. Not the same as the other packs, either. But I don't think anything can make me like Primrose. As long as I don't actually have to run into her again, suppose it will be good." She paused, regarding the male thoughtfully. "Will you tell me, if you join a different pack up north? I don't wanna-- You know, keep waiting if you're staying up there."

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika wanted her to understand why he couldn’t settle in this place with her, not yet anyway.  He also realized that by continuing to leave her that was probably hurting too but at least he could always come back to her this way.  He was mostly afraid that if he joined her pack and things didn’t work out that he would be forced to leave not only the pack but her as well.  He was glad that he could be there with her and that he was able to come and see her when he pleased, he hoped that wouldn’t change when he did finally join a pack but he knew that the possibility was there.

“That’s important, to like your leader and to believe in them and what they do.” He said when she told him that like Namid.  Kajika had loved his father and still did even though if he’d done things the dark male did not agree with and had chosen to leave.  It was the fact that he stopped believing that his father was right in his actions and that he did not believe in the work that his father was doing any longer. Now he was in search of a leader that he could like and believe in.

He followed Des out of the water to a place that she had chosen for them to dry out, a nice sunbathed area that would be warm after being in the cool water.  Kajika laid in the sand next to her with his side against hers. “No it’s not the same as being on the road and I am sure after so much time being on the road by yourself it will take some time to adjust to pack life but if it doesn’t work out I wouldn’t mind having a friend wherever I end up.  I just want you to give this an honest try,” he explained hoping that would help her in some way.  “Who’s Primrose?” he asked curiously.  She wanted to know if he would tell her if he ended up joining a pack which was a question that he didn’t think she should have to ask but he answered her anyway, “Of course I would come to tell you and I hope to visit as often as I can should I ended up in a pack in the North,” he said, “Either way I hope to come back soon for a visit, I can’t just leave my friend up here all by herself now can I?” he said nudging her muzzle playfully with his.p>

~Table by Ace
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"You better," Desideria grumbled under her breath, adjusting herself. Wriggling a bit closer, she pressed against her friend's damp side. Her tail wrapped around herself, pressing against the male. After a moment, she rested her chin on his forelimbs. "I spend enough of my time looking for missing wolves. Don't need to add you to that list, you know?" Her mother, she'd written off as a lost cause. Desdemona didn't much care for the maternal instincts, anyways. The twins – oh, her baby brothers, what she wouldn't give to see those boys again. Were they still identical, she wondered?

Her tail thumped once, and she had to retrace the conversation back to Primrose. Primrose. Pretty name for such an ugly wolf. "She's this little white wolf, smaller than me, even, if you can believe that. Got a real nasty temper, though. I was out, looking at the falling stars. Apparently I was 'too loud' and she got all up in my face. Even Namid said she was a pain – not just me. Still, didn't like her at all."

With a huff, she pushed the white witch from her mind. There was no need to ruin a perfectly nice evening otherwise with thoughts of the wicked temper and the fight that was almost started. The fact that Namid didn't care for Primrose either gave her heart. Deciding to trust her friend with her newest secret, she nudged at his chest. "I…you know, I was thinking about challenging her. For rank. She's second – terrible second, a freeloader. And I…actually like Namid, and wouldn't mind being her friend, you know? I'd be much better at it. I'm just…not actually sure I could fight such an angry wolf. If you haven't guessed, I've had bad luck in fights in the past, heh."

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika couldn’t help the small chuckle the passed across his lips at her grumbling. She spoke of not adding him to a list of missing wolves, their past conversations allowed him to know exactly what she was talking about.  It did sadden him that she still couldn’t find her brothers and Kajika hoped that he would never put her in a position to have to worry about him like that but he could not tell the future so therefore he could not promise anything so far into it that he could end up breaking a promise to her but he could reassure her.  “I know and hopefully one day that list will shorted but for now you don’t have to worry about me.  I don’t have any plans to go missing and I will try to keep the time between our visits as short as possible so that you might not worry too much.” Though he figured she would still worry some just as he did about her but he didn’t want her worry to be so great that it could cause harm to her.

Des had mentioned a wolf by the name of Primrose which Kajika had grown curious about.  The way that His friend described her she sounded rather dreadful, “Well if it helps I don’t think that you could ever be like her.  If Namid thinks she’s a pain then it sounds like she is the way she was with you with everyone?,I wouldn’t take her personally.” With so many different personalities in a pack Kajika figured there would be one that not everyone would get along with.

He laid his head lightly on hers as he listened to her voice her thoughts about challenging Primrose.  He thought that it was good that Des seemed to want to gain a higher rank in the pack and that she thought that she would be better than the wolf that currently held that position.  Though he did have one reservation, “I think that if you feel you can do a better job than her you should challenge her but I think you should be cautious about it.  I don’t want you to get hurt too badly nor do I want to see you jeopardize your place in the pack.”  He didn’t want to see her get kicked out after she might have a really good chance to find her brothers. “As for your fighting all you need is a little practice.”  He was confident that she would be able to improve her fighting skills after all she was a rather determined wolf when she set her mind to something.  He had seen it when he taught her to fish.p>

~Table by Ace
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Yeah. You're right. I don't want to get my ass kicked yet," Desideria sighed, making herself comfortable against her friend's side. She was still a new member of the pack – it probably wasn't the time to be throwing down the gauntlet towards high ranking members. Primrose might not have been in good graces with the Queen, but she'd yet to make the King. The lord of the land might have a very different opinion of the white witch, and challenging her could land the dusty female in a world of trouble.

Deciding her companion's advice was sound, she settled on it. Instead, she reached to nibble on the bottom of his muzzle, content to remain curled up with the large wolf as they basked in the sand and dried out their pelts. It was a shame she couldn't bring him to the little nest she'd made herself under the pines, but even she knew better than to bring a lone wolf into the territory while the alpha was so heavy with child. That was asking for trouble – the kind of trouble she definitely did not want.

"You a good fighter, Kaj? Maybe next time you come visit, you could teach me a thing or two. The only thing I ever learned was how to run – and that was after I didn't get away quick enough the first time." She twitched her torn ear, still wearing the declarations of past foolishness across her face. Pausing, she only moved enough to lift her head. "You gonna stick around for the evening…?"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was relieved when it seemed that Des would be holding off on any challenges towards the wolf called Primrose.  He didn’t want her hurt and he didn’t want her run out of the pack before she was sure it was a place she could call home.  “I think that’s best, wait a couple of months and then decide if that’s what you want to do.”  He thought that in a few months she would have a better idea about the pack and would have made a true home with them if that was where she truly wanted to stay.  “Stay safe while I’m gone, okay,” he added with worry heavy in his tone.  He did worry about her a lot even though she had the protection of her new pack he knew anything could happen.

It was these fleeting moments that he spent with her, his friend that he enjoyed most and wished they were more frequent.  He closed his eyes when she started to nibble the bottom of his muzzle wanting to commit it to memory for the long journey ahead.  He knew that he could make these moments between them more frequent and last longer than just one night at a time.  Still he wasn’t completely sure that it was the right thing to do for them.  He wanted to stay there much longer than just the night or a few hours but it would have to do for now till he was certain.

He opened his eyes when she spoke asking him about his fighting skills, “I think I can hold my own,” he told her, “Would like that very much and hopefully when we finish you will know a few more things than to run.”  At least if he taught her a few things then he could hope that she would do well in any fights that she might get caught up in though he still hoped that she wouldn’t fight unless she was left with no choice.  Kajika touched the tip of his muzzle to her torn ear, “I don’t want something like this to happen to you again,” He stated quietly.  She also wanted to know if he would stay the night, “I will if it’s okay for you to stay with me?”

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2015, 12:00 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Of course it's okay," Desideria groused, one ear rotating back at the ridiculousness of the question.  They still weren't on pack land – even she wasn't foolhardy enough to bring her good friend with her into the territory.  As much as she liked Namid, the woman was pregnant, and every new mother was territorial.  Her own mother had chased her away from the birthing den when her dam had given life to the twins, even if she was the only source of food Desdemona had.  "We have a nice little sand nest here.  This is our sand nest.  We can do whatever we want."

The female gave a soft snort as if to emphasize her point, pushing her snout into Kajika's thick ruff.  No matter how much she liked the queen of Fallen Tree Cove, none of the other members were terribly endearing.  She loved the coast and the water, the scent of the pine and the nests she could make with their fallen needles.  She did care for Namid, and wished the best for the silvery female, but if she were forced to chose between the law of the lake wolves and her friendship with this single lone wolf, she already knew exactly how she would chose.

Nothing could dislodge her from Kajika's side until it was time for him to depart, and resume his journey northward.  Wrapping her tail tightly around his rump, she eventually rested her chin against his forelimbs, exhaling softly as she relaxed.  "We can stay here.  Yeah?  We can talk about fights and challenges next I see you – give you a reason to show back up.  For now…well, we can just enjoy now, for what it is."

Fade.

(This post was last modified: May 25, 2015, 01:14 AM by Desideria.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was worried when she’d asked him to stay that he might put her in danger with her pack and that was something he did not want to do.  He was well aware of his place as a lone wolf and he did not want her to be in the same position that his presence had put Raela in.  He didn’t want Des to have to choose between him and her pack so he was grateful that it was okay for her to stay with him.  “Good, I’m not ready to leave yet,” he told her.  She was right about them having a nice sand nest, a place where they could rest together for the night, “Your right, its quiet here, a nice place to enjoy the company of a good friend and that is exactly what I want to do.” He didn’t want to think about the fact that this might be the last time he would see her for a while.

Even with her reassurance he still did worry that they may be stumbled upon by one of her pack mates that might not take her fraternizing with him very well. Though it hadn’t ever happened in the past didn’t mean that it couldn’t happen now.  He did his best to push those fears away though still in the back of his mind he stayed alert for any new presence in the forest around him.  He supposed by now living on his own for as long as he had he was always aware of his surroundings consciously or not. That was how he stayed safe and that was how he would keep her safe while he was with her.

He was glad that they had decided to stay there for the night, it was much too soon to part then since they had only had a few hours together.  When she laid her head across his forelegs he rested his head across her shoulders.  “Yes, and while I am away I can put together all of the advice that I want to share with you for my return but for now I want to be in this moment with you.”

-Fade-

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: May 25, 2015, 03:12 AM by Kajika.)