Bing, Khalon

i need another story — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris
@Phineas

Holding on a rope

The sun's light began to fade in the west, but it did not give a plain fair well. The sky was streaked with brilliant hues of pink,purple, and orange. If it was determined to leave a lasting impression for its followers, and the tawny girl pondered why it did not light up the world like that all the time. Only when it left them to the night. Surely there must be some kind of meaning. What she did not know. So like a statue the young lady sat, eyes upon the sunset scene, a quiet picture. Inside, she was not. Hypatia waited with a slight anxious heart. Any time her father's figure should come by this way. Why it couldn't be said he came this way every day back to the Plateau, it seemed this spot was his usual route since it was part of their border, and she hoped today he had taken it.

If not she supposed she would directly call for him. It had been too long already since they had time together.  She did not want to make a noisy request for his presence unless she absolutely had to. For there was no danger, just a want to speak with him, have him to herself for a change, and see how he was doing, his thoughts on things. It had seemed like such long time when they had had a quiet moment together under the light of the sun as simply father and daughter.

(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2015, 11:43 AM by Phineas.)
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
The moment he had found out, he had felt sick to his stomach. Drifting away from those he loves most, Phineas had become a ghost to his pack mates – haunting the borders, and making only rare apparitions. This day was no different.. and as each day passed, he knew Aponi would give birth soon. When the puppies came, how else would they explain it? He could not back away from his responsibility – nor could he prolong the news for much longer. Waiting to deliver the news much longer would only make it far worse, and it would seem as if fate was ready to slap him in the face for his actions.

His trudge back to the Plateau was met by the sight of Hypatia. He eyed her with hidden resistance, his chest tightening at how beautiful she looked with the sunset painted sky. The entire reason to move their pack to Silent Moon Plateau had been to protect his children.. to offer them a new life, so that their tainted memories would not be resurfaced at Magnolia Glen. Now, he had tainted their new home, and with Aponi’s own determination, he did not believe her so willing to not try for the crown of lead female.

A crown that he would die for to have placed upon the crown of one of his own children – this was their kingdom. It belonged to the Argyris clan – and a moment of weakness on his part could have swept this all away.

“Hypatia,” he greeted, as he came closer to her. Leaning down, the regal brushed his nose to the top of her forehead, exhaling sharply as he pulled back. “We need to discuss a few things.”

Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris
Holding on a rope

The bright white of his frame caught her eye, and with no trouble a smile lifted her face. Hyp tried not to hide herself from him as she may have others. Immediately, she could tell there was something he wanted to tell her as well before he had said the word. Respectfully, and with affection her muzzle pressed to the underside of his chin. A step back she surveyed him in a bright manner, for she couldn't be certain of what he was going to say. It could very well be something good or something bad. It seemed all news was given in the same air. When they had moved here, it had not exactly been happy or tragic.

"Alright. You first or me?" Lightly she teased, trying to settle the small pit of anxiety that twisted in her stomach. If something was dreadfully wrong she trusted he would have told her straight away, that he would have told the pack. So her sisters and brother had to be okay. The pack in general had to be the same. Had he noticed how restless she was? Even though her own withdrawn behavior was nothing new. Losing Kyros and Borlla had done its part in changing her, aging her. Long lashes slipped over her eyes, and when they opened came somberness. "Dad?" The yearling murmured after a silent moment, all ears.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

Her embrace anchored him -- Hypatia had seen the ugliness of the world, and thus far, had not been scared from his side. She had survived the death of her brother when winter had stolen his life, and had even remained strong for her two parents who had very well collapsed beneath the grief. She had stepped forward and became a mother to her youngest siblings when their own had decided she would not stay -- Hypatia was the solid rock that made up Silent Moon Plateau.

And yet he could only determine the news he was about to tell her would crack her very foundations.

"Me," he pushed, his own muzzle grazing her cheek with affection and holding dear, as if after he told her the news she would never be near him again. The possibility was very real, and he exhaled a shaky breath. Normally, he would allow her the floor first to speak of her mind.. but this could not wait.

"Aponi is pregnant," he stated, his eyes carefully studying her as he felt true shame and guilt course along his very spine.. paralyzing him to the spot. "And it's possible that I am the father." As if these words were not enough to stir her anger and uncertainty, he also offered the true reason of his fear -- "I will not live forever, Hypatia.. and the crown of this land is meant to fall upon you or your siblings. Do not let Aponi or Aesire threaten that." he fell to silence after that -- uncertain to what her reaction would be, and yet trying to force everything on his mind out before she could speak.. lest she turn away from him forever.

(This post was last modified: May 09, 2015, 03:09 PM by Phineas.)

Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris
Holding on a rope

With all they had been through she tried not to think less of him. With time she came to realize he wasn't without imperfections. It was easy to look past those knowing no one was, and how much he dearly loved each one of them. It was with a half smile, she attempted to meet his eyes wondering what scared him so. She would disown him? Hardly. Why she had entertained ideas of leaving, it wasn't necessarily because of him.

There it was. Something else she had not realized bothered him so. The future. No, she couldn't imagine it without him. Suddenly, seeing a deeper part of him, ultimately know what bothered him deep down....

"I know dad," She dare admit in a rather quiet voice, resting her eyes partly behind narrowed lids, staring into the woods. With a steady swallow, she moved forward. "But I do feel better hearing it from you. I..I wasn't sure if I should believe Aponi...if I wanted to." The news had already done it's damage, and she had made certain to take time out to collect her head. In the end he had found her to tell her. It hadn't been as bad as she thought. There could be worse than Aponi, and the silver wolfess had seemed different in her pregnant state. Hyp had wanted her father to move on, but she couldn't help feel that hadn't exactly been his intention. Especially, when he mentioned her name with Aesire's.

Boldly with a wry grin, she straightened. "I do not know if I will take a crown, but I would see to it should Cel, Takis, or Evy decide to." This she meant, as Silent Moon Plateau should be her father's legacy, and she would not see it out of his blood. "But dad, do you love her at all? Dare I trust Aponi?"

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

He swallowed hard as she spoke -- telling him she knew of his misdeed. Shame had never burned so hot in his chest, and his muzzle gave a heavy swing back and forth as he tried to clear his mind. His darling Hypatia.. ever so gentle, and kind. She was perhaps too soft to take the crown -- but if she ever did.. he knew she would make a queen that all would love.. and no matter her path, she would leave the world in awe of her nature.

"Do not trust her.." He murmured the words, feeling his brows furrow. "I do not know what her intentions are yet. But do not shun her. Just keep your head," he reminded her gently, releasing a soft sigh. Takis and Celandine were least likely to follow those words, and he was still uncertain of how to tell them the news. Would any of them accept the pups Aponi bore as their family? Would he? The questions strung along in the air, but he held no answers.. instead, he felt weakened.. drowning in a world of regret and misjudgement.

"Ace and Aesire bring another complication. They bred this year without even telling me of their intentions until after it was done. It is seen as a direct challenge to my authority-- especially from Ace. And now.. once they hear of Aponi, it will be a direct challenge upon Aesire's own crown. Silent Moon Plateau is going to be divided," he offered, curious to what she felt about this.