(See All?) Announcements
687 Users Online
Bing, Google

Glory In A Flower — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

The smile that adorned his lips couldn't be suppressed that glorious day as his golden gaze of adoration continued to absorb the sight of their children. Only pulling away when his chin was graced with a lick from his beloved. Audits twitching at Namid's soft, weary voice. "I couldn't expect any less with how perfect their mother is." Turning towards her the pink of his tongue protruded from between his lips to lick affectionately between her eyes. The smile continuing to grow in size with each passing moment. Not even the scent of deer was enough to draw his attention from the scene around him. Nothing could ruin this perfect moment. Who knew an event so miraculous as child birth could bring the Vuesain man such joy. Something he never would have considered to occur in his lifetime had you asked him years ago.

As the silver woman spoke once more his audits gave another small flick. Mulling over her words before concurring with this statement. Surely a feast was proper for an occasional such as this. "I'll send the best hunters we have to secure a feast of all feast for this occasion." Slowly rousing from behind his queen his creamy paws gingerly maneuvered out of the birthing den. Blinking his eyes to adjust to the change in lighting as he was met by more members that he had left when he first entered the den. Clearly the news had traveled fast. A quick scan revealing all but roughly two members had arrived. Thankfully the white devil was unaccounted for. Vespertio would be quick to drive her away should her ugly mug appear. Yet even that woman could no little to dampen the mood that was flooding around the area like a fire. The tawny man could feel the excitement bubbling within the members who gathered around.

Standing tall and regally like the proud father he was, he knew it was time to announce to the pack the joyous event that had occurred. "Your queen has given birth to three glorious cubs. I know the scent of deer is thick on the air and Namid and I have decided that a feast would be the perfect idea to celebrate this joyous occasion." Pausing his golden eyes swept over the plethora of faces present. Meeting each one with a wag of his tail. "I'd like the able bodied hunters we have to set out and bring back what they can." Letting his words fall silent he studied the wolves gathered. Waiting to see who would volunteer to hunt on behalf of the queen and the future heirs.

Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Word Count: 268

Tagg had been just about to reply to Desideria when Vespertio returned from inside the den.  At their King's announcement his tail began whipping back and forth so fast he almost knocked himself over.   When the alpha mentioned hunting his heart fell; he'd hoped to be able to go and bring the food back without being asked, but he quickly jumped on the opportunity to do something. His wound had healed most of the way, and he was confident in his physical ability.  Now would be a good time to show them how fast he could run!

"That's what Des and I were just talking about!" He exclaimed.  "I would love to help in bringing a feast to our Queen."  He said.

He glanced at Des and noticed her warily shooting looks and Anthem and a large white female near him.  He didn't recognize her, but she looked comfortable with the beta.  He wondered why Des might not like them.  Anthem had been nice enough to him, and didn't insist on any displays of submission.  He liked the male.

Even so, every wolf was entitled to their own opinion and for all he knew Des could be looking at something else.  

He hoped she would volunteer for the hunt as well; they'd only just met, but he decided he liked her.  She seemed friendly and closer to his own age than anyone else he'd met so far. 

He still didn't see Rift, which made him sad.  Had she left the pack for good, then?  He would have to ask Vespertio about it next time he had the chance.

"Speech"
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Pinn who has 15 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Asphodel

She waited as the alpha male exited the den, and made his announcement. It was a joyous occasion for the subordinates, a future to hold on to, but Asphodel saw their birth a little differently. Of course, she wished the tiny creatures no ill will, and had every intention of keeping them alive, but she already knew that she would not risk her life in the process. Their wails would not win any sympathy, their fluffy bodies no adoration. They simply weren't her cubs, and she hadn't the ability to love anything that wasn't undeniably her's. It was a sad truth. One that the tawny woman had yet to realize, but all things would come in time. 

When the alpha male called upon the hunters, she knew that neither Hemlock, nor herself would be included in the hunting party. Namid's care was more important than any feast, or at least she hoped that Vesperito would see it as such. Cementing her ability to remain within the borders, Asphodel let her own voice penetrate the air. "I've brought something to help the new mother's recovery along." Sweet, and soft-spoken the words tumbled from her throat. Lifting her jowls slightly, while keeping muddled ears cemented to her crown, the youth tried to show him the herbs. He wouldn't likely know of their usage, but their treatments had helped the lead female thus far, so he would just have to trust in them.

Glancing away from the dark hued male briefly, she let her bright eyes roam over the small crowd. She didn't have much time to look, but she would have noticed his coat before any other. Disappointed, the tawny fae turned her attention frontward once more. It would seem that Hemlock was still missing, a fact that sent her heart falling straight into her stomach. They had been apart for hours now, and she wasn't sure if she could take the horribly exposed feeling she had for much longer.

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Anthem ears went forward and a grin spread across his face. Three pups! His tail thumped the ground with pleasure as he continued to listen to his friend speak. The scent of deer was indeed tainting the air and it had been making him hungry but he hadn't wanted to go when he had wanted to hear what news Vespertio might tell them. But still three pups he wondered when he would meet them but then shook his head smiling. Everyone would get to see them at some point or another he just would need to be patient. He didn't need new scars on his pelt for being too curious. 

He opened his mouth to speak but fell silent when Tagg's voice broke the air. Blue eyes went to the smaller male and Anthem nodded his head in approval at the other's eagerness. He should be willing to help out especially when it was such a joyous occasion. Another voice came soft and sweet and Anthem found himself looking at a younger female who seemed to have something for Namid. It seemed that they had gained some more healers in their ranks which was a good thing. Looking back to his friend Anthem spoke. I'll join Tagg and Des. He said Des's name a little unsure seeing as how she hadn't voiced her opinion yet. Looking to his sister he raised a brow his voice holding a smile. I am assuming that you're going to be joining us. 

Even though they hadn't even started the hunt yet Anthem felt that he would let Tagg take the lead if he chose to take it. Anthem wanted to see what the other could do and he figured that this would be a good chance for him to do so. Of course if Des chose to step up that was fine as well. They would have to figure out who was going to lead he was going to watch and see what they could do. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 263

Angele's ears twitched in frustration. Though having a member of the pack with such enthusiasm would prove to be beneficial, the young male that eagerly volunteered irritated Angele.  She glanced at Anthem as he spoke and nodded.  Though she didn't desire to attend a pack hunt, she might as well.   Honestly, she was worried somebody might try to take advantage of the Queen while she was weak.  A glance at Vespertio informed her he would not be leaving his mate's side, which gave her some comfort at least.

It wouldn't hurt to evaluate the other members, either.  Her meeting with Des had been... interesting, to say the least, but she didn't feel like the female held any ill will towards her.  She swiped her tail over the ground, eyeing the young pair sitting together.  She would have to ask Anthem about him.  She was fairly sure he'd introduced himself to Des as Tagg, though she couldn't be sure.  

She glanced at the healer that spoke up and narrowed her eyes.  Of course she would be allowed access to the Queen, which put Angele on edge.  Something sat uncomfortably in the pit of her stomach.

You're still just not used to trusting others. She told herself.  I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. 

She turned back to her brother, watching him for any clues he might give to the character of the other pack members.  He seemed amused by Tagg, which she supposed was a good sign.  She leaned closer to him to attempt to keep her words private.  "Who is he?" She whispered.

"Speech"  Thought
My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Desideria waited with baited breath, her tail sweeping behind her as she waited for the lord to make his call. As much as she liked Tagg's idea, it seemed something that needed the man's blessing. Fortunately for the pack of Fallen Tree Cove, it seemed Vespertio was just as pleased with the idea. Her new acquaintance was quick to volunteer for the task, and the woman bobbed her head. Finally, she got to her feet, feeling she'd shown the appropriate amount of respect for the pair of alphas and their newborn children. Tail hung low, she kept her head level as well, offering the king a short bob of her skull before Anthem addressed her.

Amber eyes shifted sideways, and she studied the large male with a neutral gaze. Their last encounter hadn't ended on pleasant terms, and she'd been a bit wary the stormy male might have held it against her. Ears flicking forward, she nodded again. The beta was not anyone she wanted to start problems with. "Yes," she murmured quietly, aware the pups and their mother may still be sensitive to outside sounds. "Yes, I'll join you. I want to help."

Carefully, she took a step back before nodding towards Tagg. She expected the young male would lead the hunt, considering he had suggested it in the first place. The woman was fine with the notion, her expertise laid in hunting birds (and recently her skills expanded to fishing, as well), not hunting ungulates. "I'll meet you in the forest," she rumbled, turning to leave. If they wished to find the family of deer, it was best they moved quickly. Assuming Anthem and Tagg would come along soon, she moved quickly, and silently. There was work to be done.

Exit Des.

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Everyone following this is welcome to post an exit, as it seems the birthing thread is complete! Thank you for participating in the coming of the new tiny fluff balls! Following this thread, someone should create a hunt thread and be sure to tag all who will be participating in it!

Her love seemed to agree with her, for a feast to celebrate their children as something that was a must not simply a question. It would allow them all a full belly and strength to get them through, and perhaps a bonding experience as well. She felt happy that her family had grown by three, and now the rest could go and have their fun. He exited the den to go and inform their pack mates of the birth, as well as instruct them to take whomever they needed to go and hunt down a beast for their meal. She could faintly hear some ecstatic agreements that made her heart swell in her chest, and it was that moment that she could see Asphodel trying to wriggle her way toward Namid to give her the herbs that it occurred to her that she would likely need.

“Asphodel, please come it,” she called, an though tired her voice still held the strength in it that the leader would need to naturally possess. Having given birth or not, she still needed to show a level of strength to her members to show them that she was well and that she was strong enough to make it through this. Likely few of them knew about her struggle while having been pregnant with their brood, and she preferred to keep it that way. She gratefully took the herbs from the young herbalist, taking them as she was instructed before allowing a grateful but knowing and strained look to the yearling. She was without her siblings, which was likely taking a toll on the poor girl’s spirit. The look told her to go as she pleased, for the queen wanted to be alone with her cubs and her love again. It wasn’t without gratitude and she offered the girl as dip of her head in thanks before she left.

As her love entered she gave him a tired kiss to the shoulder, leaning back against him before returning her attention to the happily suckling children. “What shall we name them…we had so many options…” she murmured. Her thoughts turned back to the day that Vespertio had returned to their kingdom, the little squabble that they had had before they had eventually went out to search and find this exact den. Looking at their brood, her gaze went to their single princess and as her pale coat showed a stark contrast to her siblings, she knew the answer. “Our princess…I would like to call her Neha.” She expressed, and while her tone was gentle it seemed to hold little room for argument. This would be her little girl while her husband would have his two sons to act as a father should, and she would also act as a respectful memory of Namid’s beloved sister. Whatever else Vespertio selected for the boys she would undoubtedly agree with due to their prior conversation, but she was content with her choice. A tired nod was given in response to his suggestions that she saw fit, before her mismatched gaze began to droop. It had been a tiring day for her, and sleep was calling. A yawn gaped her maw as she laid her silver crowned cranium upon the ground, curving her neck to allow her to pull her young closer to her side and cocoon them in her warmth. “I love you,” She managed to whisper out before her gaze finally fell closed and she was deaf to the world as unconsciousness took her to dream of the future she had.

Exit Namid.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Vespertio's words were met with a positive enthusiasm from a majority of the members gathered. Some even going so far as to quickly offer themselves up for the opportunity ahead of them. The agouti king would no be joining them on this hunt to protect his priceless treasures inside the den, but his emotions raged like a fire behind the liquid gold pools of his eyes. Pride shining predominantly behind his irises. Tagg and Des were the first to volunteer for the hunt, nodding to each in turn before giving the same gesture to the others that decided to join in the festivities. The more able bodies they had hunting the bigger the target they could pursue. With a wave of his banner, he spoke once more. "I'm glad to have such readily to serve members under my paws. Tagg I'd like you to lead the hunting expedition with help from Anthem in my place while I hang back with the yearling attending to Namid."

With the hunting organized for the most part he turned to stand guard at the entrance of the den while the yearling girl Asphodel slunk inside to administer the new mother her herbs. Mentally wishing the den was large enough to fit the three of them so he could keep a close eye on the girl. Helping his beloved or not, the first time father was wary of anyone who stepped within any given space of his newborn brood. Once the girl took her leave he took her place as hi wiggled inside. Maneuvering himself to cradle the exhausted mother with his weight to allow her the ability to relax while she could after returning her affection kiss with one of his own to her crown. A smile adorning his inky lips at the suggested name for his little girl, his little princess. Keeping his voice hushed so not to disturb the feeding cubs, he rested his head upon her shoulder. "Neha is a perfect name, my love. Cernan for the bigger boy seems fitting and how about Aleister for my twin?" He mused, the smile on his face only growing wider by Namid's undoubting agreement to their children's names.

Names now decided the queen had succumbed to her exhaustion. "Rest my love. We love you too." Vesper crooned in her ear as his gaze watched sleep overtake her and lead her away to dreamland, turning his attention to the suckling children at her abdomen. Taking in every little noise they made from the sucking of her teet to the whines of a sibling pushing the other. It was sight to behold and it left him speechless. This was their gift to the world. Sighing contently he closed his eyes. Not sleeping, but enjoying the moment around him.

Exit.

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
His gaze was on their leader who was watching them when Anthem heard his sister's voice asking about a wolf he could only assume was Tagg. Dipping his head he told her his voice a little bit softer. That's Tagg he's been here for a bit and seems to be a good guy. Maybe a little enthusiastic though. He spoke his voice holding amusement at the last part before noticing that he was being eyed up by Des. His face instantly went neutral. They hadn't gotten off on a good start and he didn't want to make any more issues with her. At some point they would have to talk. Just not yet. 

Vespertio's voice filled the air and the beta's gave went to him. It seemed their leader had already decided who was to lead the hunt making it easier for them all. Good thing to because it looked like was time for them starting to the hunt while the parents and the healer dealt with the pups.. Standing Anthem gave his pelt a brief shake before he looked at Tagg to give him a small smile before he began to follow Des who had already disappeared into the trees. He hung back though so that he wouldn't catch up to her right away glancing over his shoulder to see if Tagg was coming or not. Letting out an amused snort he moved away his form vanished from sight.

-Exit-
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Played by Pinn who has 15 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Asphodel

The youth did not hesitate when her alpha's beckon echoed forth. Gliding toward the den, persona in-tact, Asphodel slipped right past the crowd, past stranger's she knew by scent alone, past Vesperito himself. Somehow she had been able to gain the trust of her alphas, or at least that's how the young healer saw it. Allowing a subordinate to enter the birthing den, one who was too young to actually take on the role of a medicine wolf was almost unheard of. Some wolves would rather wither away in their birthing den's, depriving their children of the nutrients that any strong mother needed, than admit another into the safe hideaway. After months of treatment for that horrid case of morning sickness, the yearling was sure that they had been deemed worthy. Maybe they would actually take on the role's come next spring if no news from Naira took them further away.

Her mass took up more room than it once had, with three new lives sprawled out next to Namid. A safe bet, considering the fact that only one adult might fit through the entrance. The cubs certainly tempted her, their newborn wails so close, but her eyes stayed fixated on the silver woman's chest. Asphodel would meet them soon enough, and on her current Queen's terms, unless there was any cause for concern, which was unlikely considering the strength of their lungs. 

Setting the sweet grass within the new mother's reach, Asphodel spoke, hoping to keep it short, and sweet. Namid would be tired after all. "This is for you. If you have any concerns, you may send for me. I won't roam far until they are old enough to leave the den." She assured. 

"My queen" She said, offering a nod, and backing out of the den.