Google, Bing, Adora, Baidu

To Behold the Change — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Backdated for 5/21/15
Word Count: 328

Angele beside the lake.  She found herself frequenting it more often and may find a place to tuck away on cold nights in the area.  It was a smart location; the fresh water and the source of fish was available almost year round.  She shifted restlessly.  The wound given her by the cougar had almost finished healing, and she was almost ready to make her move.  The only thing standing in her way now was her desire to discuss her plans with her brother and her alpha.  She knew that with the birth of the puppies coming any day, Vespertio would likely be reluctant to condone any... unrest... among his pack members, but she didn't want to wait.

Finally, she tipped her head back and called for @Anthem .  While she really ought to talk to Vespertio first, at this point in time she wanted to speak run her plan past her brother beforehand.  He had been a member far longer than she and would be honest with her: would Vespertio allow her to pursue her new-found ambition, or would he want her to wait?

She sat and waited, tail twitching impatiently.  She wasn't usually like this, but at the moment she was antsy.  She sincerely disliked puppies, but her female instincts were kicking in and she needed to be doing something.  She wasn't the type to babysit if she could avoid it, so using her strength to hunt for and protect her pack would be her best option.  And, to do that, she would start by placing herself as a buffer between the rest of the pack and her alpha female.  Namid was weakened by the birth of her pups, and Angele didn't know the other wolves.  Would one of them try to take her place as Queen?

No.  She couldn't allow that. She never had before.  So, this was a good idea.  It was best for the pack, in Angele's eyes.

And so she awaited her brother.
(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2015, 01:00 AM by Angele. Edit Reason: Fix backdate )
My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
It seemed that it was a time of stress to Anthem. The pups needed to be protected along with their mother and of course they had to keep her appetite sated as she had mouths she had to feed as well. Having left early enough that the sun had barely begun to peak over the horizon the beta had gone hunting. He hadn't wanted to bring anyone with him so that he could concentrate. He also had a faint urge to check on Phyrrus and see how she was doing, but it wasn't time to be slacking off so he had squashed the urge. 

Returning to the Cove he carried a rabbit in his jaws. It was plump with the spring plants to feed on so he was pleased. Anthem's paws slowed as he heard his sister's voice rise in the air and call for him. He considered if he should drop the rabbit off first or go to her. He shrugged before heading towards the lake. He would speak to @Angele first. 

Coming across Angele's form he stepped on a stick with deliberateness so that she would know he was their. He had no doubt that she probably heard his approach but he wanted to make sure. His tail wagged in greeting behind him as he stopped near her letting the rabbit drop to the ground. Her expression seemed rather...serious he decided. His tail stopped behind him and he gazed at her silently his gaze questioning. Had she called to tell him that she had decided that the pack wasn't for her? The thought made him stiffen but he would wait for her to speak before he jumped to conclusions. Though it seemed he already was.
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2015, 02:51 AM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 335

Angele let out a soft snort of amusement as she heard Anthem step on a stick.  She inwardly wondered if he'd done it on purpose or if he was just losing his touch.  His familiar scent met her nose before she could see him, but it didn't take him long to appear.  He carried a large rabbit with him, and she was slightly stung he hadn't invited her to go hunting with him.  If they were together, they could bring down larger prey and therefore be able to feed more wolves, as well as offering more food to the new mother and pups.

Even so, Angele knew he had to have a reason and decided to let it be - for now.  "I have something important to discuss with you." She told him, standing to sniff noses with him in greeting.  "Last week I met a young member of the pack by the name of Des.  During our conversation, she asked if I planned on trying to become Beta - like you."  She hesitated, watching him.  "While I hadn't been intending on doing so straight away, the question got me thinking.  I would like to pursue this position as soon as possible.  I don't care necessarily for the authority it might grant me, but the cushion it will give the Queen.  With me as her beta, she won't have to worry about the other wolves trying to overthrow her.  It would be the optimal position for me to be able to do my job and protect her." Angele paused, then added in a reluctant undertone, "And the pups."

She gauged Anthem's reaction, not sure what she expected.  "I wanted to talk to you about it because you know Vespertio.  When I approach him - since Namid is otherwise occupied - what do you think he will say? I understand now might not be the best time to shuffle pack ranks, but..."

She had to still her tail, which was twitching nervously.  What would he say? 

"Speech"

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Silently Anthem watched his sister as she began to speak. His ears pricked with interest as he listened to her. She was thinking no, going to become a beta? He knew without a doubt that she would achieve her goal she always achieved what she set out to do. That was just the way she worked. Sitting he considered her words. Would now be a good time to go after the rank? The pups and Namid would need all the protection that they could get. Waiting and having someone else challenge her now would not be good. He didn't think it was a bad idea at all. Currently that white woman held the female beta position and she was not a wolf that you wanted to have in power. 

He heard the tone when she spoke about the pups but he put it aside. Pups could be annoying and irritating at times but hadn't they all been. But even with that he didn't think she would go after a pup and if he thought that she would Anthem would be warning her away from the den that they resided in. Which he didn't believe was going to happen.

First off I think that it is a good idea. The timing could be a little better but the safety of Namid and the pups need to come first. Plus the wolf that is currently the female beta isn't someone who I think should stay in that position. His lips curled up in a brief display of displeasure and anger before he continued. Second thing i'm almost one-hundred percent sure that Vespertio won't just give you the role. Your probably going to need to fight for it but I think that he will be for your plan. He finished with a small smile. He had faith that she would be able to do it and he was all for it. He just wasn't going to be able to help her at all with it. She was going to have to earn the rank and he would have to sit on the sidelines wishing her luck. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 310

Angele rolled her eyes.  "Of course I'll have to fight for it.  Nothing worth having is simply given." She scoffed, playfully nudging him.  She was pleased to hear that Vespertio would likely approve of her plan.  "I just didn't want to start any trouble without clearing it with him first."  She explained.

She thought back to the young wolf who'd sparked the idea.  "Des said she'd met you before.  What do you think of her?"  It was an honest question; Angele thought she was unruly and it would be well to keep an eye on her but she was honest - a trait Angele always liked in others.  Still, she wanted to hear her brother's side of things.  She was here to be with him, and was eager to get back to the old ways of life - as much as they could, anyway.  She knew things could never be the same, and, frankly, she wasn't sure she wanted them to be.  But she wanted to be able to trust him, and she wanted him to trust her.  She liked having someone to discuss things with.

While she awaited his reply, she thought again about her alpha and decided to call him then.  Before she could, however, the sound of breaking wood and crumpling leaves drew her attention.  The smell of panic drove up her sensitive nose, and she almost smiled.  Those were the signs of a young deer separated from the herd. Easy prey - especially for the two of them.  If it was small, taking it down shouldn't be a problem...  

She stood, gesturing for her brother to be quiet as she listened, ears pointed towards the sound to not only pick up more information but direct his attention to it as well.  She shot a sideways glance at him, eyes sly.

"Care for a hunt?" She whispered.

"Speech"

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Anthem chuckled as his sister nudged him and her words floated to him. He had been foolish to think that she thought that she would get a free route to the top. He should have known better but he had spoken as if she had thought their was a free pass waiting for her. Sitting back more comfortably on his haunches he gazed at her. There's always going to be trouble, so it's better to be prepared for it. It might not come from within but if our ranks are weak then we are going to hurt even more. He told her his voice thoughtful. He didn't think that any of the other packs had it in for them so there wasn't much chance that they would be attacked. But there was always a chance of something happening and the only thing that they could do was be prepared as best as they could. 

His ears flattened against his skull as he thought back to his meeting with Des and the white woman. She's has a bold mouth on her and it's going to get her in trouble. He said his voice holding a slightly ashamed tone. Letting out a sigh he decided to explian to Angele seeing as how she would likely hear it in his voice. Our first meeting didn't quite go so well, another wolf showed up and the two of them started to get into it and I lost my temper when the white woman seemed to be making fun of the Cove. So I corrected them both. He told her blue eyes on her. He wondered what she would think about it and if she would tell him that he had done the wrong thing. 

His ears caught the faint sound of hooves on the grass and the scent that filled his nose made his mouth water. He knew that they could catch the deer but was his sister going to try and put off speaking to Vespertio then? He didn't know but he nodded as he stood picking up the rabbit and putting it next to a tree where it would wait for their return. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: Feel free to take the lead :)  And I did power play a little bit (again, sorry) so if you want me to change anything I would be more than happy to!
Word Count: 259

She nodded as her brother stashed his rabbit, and Angele kept her focus on the location of the deer, crawling towards it on her belly until she could see it over the bushes.  She glanced at Anthem.  "One of us should go around it." She whispered.  "Then the other can drive it towards the hiding place."

This was the way they'd hunted as youngsters and it had usually worked - though they usually had Nathaniel with them to organize the hunt before hand.  But doing things on the fly was always fun.  It helped keep their brains active and working.  They didn't want to become complacent, now did they?

Angele closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of their prey.  The soft, thready pulse of the creature's panicked heart throbbed against her ears.  Every shift of the mammal's limbs filled her nose with the fresh smell, making her mouth water.  She breathed slowly, calming her spirit and trying to match it to the vibes she was getting off her brother.  If they were of one mind, then they would be of one body.  The deer's influence charged her body and readied it for the hunt.

She opened her eyes.  This is how it's done. She thought with satisfaction.  No more will I be taking unnecessary chances if I want large prey.  No more will I have to watch my back when I eat.  I'm not alone.  And maybe this would be worth living in the pack.

She waited on Anthem's command, relying on his to guide her.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
@Angele

Slipping behind Angele's slightly larger form Anthem followed his sister towards the scent of deer. It filled his nostrils and made his mouth water. As they made their way closer they paused by some bushes and he peered around them to see the brown forms of their prey. He looked them over nodding slightly in agreement. I'll go around and direct them this way. He told her trying to figure out if there was one that they should specifically be going for. His eyes found an aged doe one that was almost done with its years. We can try for that older doe. He muttered before giving his sister a friendly nudge on the shoulder and then slipping away. 

He was careful as he made his way around watching the deer so that he didn't startle them too early and chase them in the wrong direction. His paws found a path that led to the other side of the deer. The deer had slowly made their way through the trees and he wondered why they had chosen to come into a territory were wolves obviously lived. It wasn't like the scent of them was faint. Finally he found a spot that he was happy with and he settled down to watch for a bit to make sure that the deer weren't expecting anything. Then he slipped from his hiding spot and he found Angele's place with his eyes and waved his tail a bit. Let's do this.

Then he was lunging forward startling the deer who raised their heads in quickly before taking off. Some of them didn't even look to see what was chasing them others paused to see before taking off. Anthem's form divided between their bodies as he snapped his jaws chasing their intended target as well as a few others toward were his sister waited. Snarling he tried to scares it even more so that when the time comes it won't have a chance to see the wolf hiding in the bushes.
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
Word Count: 290

Angele tensed as her brother slipped away.  She shifted her paws on the ground, finding a better grip.  It would be best if she didn't slip when making her moved.  Her muscles coiled for the spring when Anthem launched himself from the bushes to target their prey.  The deer panicked, bolting away in different directions as the ball of fury dove among their ranks.  The elderly doe they were going for did exactly as they wanted, running away from Anthem -

-and straight to her.  Angele pushed off from the ground, shoulder slamming the deer's to try and knock it off balance.  Is screamed in fear as it tottered - but didn't fall - and dashed away.  Angele wasn't far behind it.  She nipped at it's legs, trying to turn it back towards her brother.  She couldn't let it get going in a straight line or they would lose it.  She jumped at it, but her teeth missed their mark.  The deer, however, distracted by its fear, caught it's hoof on a root and went down.  Angele jumped at it but was unable to get a hold because of the flailing hooves.  If one hit her skull it would be over.  She didn't dare try to navigate the dangerous weapons and instead sat snarling at it as it regained its feet.  As soon as it had she struck, fangs taking a chunk of skin from its lower back leg.

She jumped sideways to avoid the kick that came in reply to her small victory.  "Anthem!" She cried, unsure of his location.  He needed to get around in front of it before it got the chance to run again.  she probably wouldn't be able to catch it again if it did.