(See All?) Announcements
525 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley

Shiny Things — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ash who has 38 posts.
Inactive
Rico Barreda
ooc: Oh ho ho, jackpot word! Sister alert!

The struggle that was playing on his mind, but he found himself unable to stop the treasures that were batting at his brain. This was an interesting conversation, simply because he could not believe his luck. This was beyond what he would have craved, and he found himself feeling the allure of being able to talk to a female. They always, to face the facts, had more intelligence than a male. They were more insightful, and much better than Rico would have hoped over his own hulk, smash! way of dealing with the world around him.

Riveted, he watched the woman who seemed to have an age beyond understanding, and his tail swished from one side to the other. It was why there was a burn in his eyes, and he found himself unable to stop the pressures that were beckoning, and it not a moment was going to be missed. This was why he found himself unable to stop the pressure that was singing in his ears, and he took her advice to heart on the matter. Facing Nico's fears... why, a grand idea...

But... "I'm not sure how."

The admission was faint, and he shook his head again as he looked at his paws in morbid fascination. Evidently, the only thing he could think about was throwing them headlong into a pack, to start anew. Start taking what was most assuredly an unanswered craving. When had been the last time he had felt the thrill, when was the last time @Nico had taken the reins and gone creeping?

"But you must be right, if an Angele can promise the gateway to heaven..." He offered he a cheesy grin, his tail swishing once as he morphed back into serious quickly enough, "Then there must be a way to make it happen... somehow..." It was just about finding out what the answer would be. And as he let the words come off his tongue, well, he was not prepared for what next dropped out of Angele's mouth.Desideria. The name dropped off like a bomb and it shook him, never had he heard that name from another's lips. The truth on the matter was, it was the fact that he instantly denied. Southerners tended to find names of similar need, it was all but possible that he was was just hearing a name that was serious and to the point. It was why he found himself almost hopeless, and his eyes widened. Without a word, he found himself leaning to look beyond Angele, almost expecting her to appear.

"...Desideria... what's she look like? Maybe I'll look out for her..." Until he knew it was her, he would not give much away. When his orange eyes turned back, he offered another grin, sweet as can be. "I am enjoying you... your intelligence... flabbergasts me, it's been a while since someone has been thoughtful."

"This is speech."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: haha been waiting for an excuse to drop her name the entire conversation xD

Angele was taken aback. At first she wanted to snap and ask how she was supposed to know that, but duh she knew Des.  Of course she knew what she looked like.  She thought for a moment.  “She’s quite a bit smaller than me, and her fur is a sort of sandy, tan color with red hues.  She has kind of orangish eyes… and a small tear in her ear.” She paused.  “Do you know her?”

The way the boy had asked was suspicious.  She was suddenly set on alert.  “What did you say your name was? Ricardo Valdez?”  How would this boy know the pack scout in training?  “I can call for her if you’d like.”  She offered.  If they were friendly towards her, there would be no harm done.  But if they weren’t, and Des was hiding from them, Angele had just given away her position.  She would rather they met while back-up was close, just in case that were so.

Pricking her ears up again, Angele decided it would be best to keep listening for Ric’s brother, just in case.  She wasn’t sure why, but something felt… off.

As he spoke his thanks, Angele was again taken off guard.  He enjoys my intelligence? She hadn’t missed his stutter but chose to ignore it.  What was with this yearling?  No male in all her life had shown the remotest interest in her.  The only wolves she’d even had some semblance of a relationship with was her brothers.  Then here comes this young one just after her entire lifestyle changes.  She didn’t know if his flirting was genuine – or if it was flirting at all – but it was a first, none the less.

And she wasn’t sure what to do.

"Speech"  Thought

My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Inactive
Rico Barreda
Rico knew there was something to be said about giving away his position a little too easily, but his eyes were faintly widened with the name. Still it was dancing around in his head, and he had the damnedest notion to start barking up a racket and summon @Nico, but that would not have been wise. Such was why his ears pulled back, and he found himself almost making a sense of doubt cross his features. It was why there was no missing the stab of frustration that took over his features for a few moments.

"There was a woman who used to be in my life as a young pup named Desideria." It was not a lie, although he did not correct her with the rising suspicion. The fact of the matter was he was pretty sure Desideria would not be a name that only a single wolf ever would have; it meant there could be more than one in his life with the wave of a tail. It meant that giving himself away in the rush of a moment, well, it was not the wisest. "A flash flood took her from Nic and I, and I have not heard of an individual with a name like that since."

His eyes remained tracking her, bright orange promising that he was in a station of thought, and his tail swished from one side to the other with a source of irritation. Would he move forward, or not? His ears pulled back against his head, and he offered a sheepish laugh. "Even if I... I thought it was her, would she even remember me...? I've grown a fair bit since then," Impish grin was not as bright, but it appeared all the same.

"You may just have to fight me for her, Angele." Wiggling his nose, he oozed charm back into the moment, his intent was not about to be washed away as he stepped up again with an easy, nose trying to make sense of what might have been lingering; any scent of her. But it was hard to pinpoint what might have been an intention. "But no, I'll not burden her now... not without my twin. I do not speak as well, you see, as him."

"This is speech."

(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2015, 07:01 PM by Rico.)
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart

Conflicting emotions played over the boy’s face, and Angele simply watched, features neutral.  He quickly tried to recover, stepping back into his charm, but the suspicion was already planted.  Angele was used to being sweet-talked as a means to an end; it had been many a time when someone who failed to pass her judgement had resorted to flattery to try to escape.  She’d never paid heed to it before; she felt foolish to have given it a thought this time.

Perhaps it was her new position as a member of a pack making her soft.  Maybe it was the fact that the boy had started off with hokum before she’d decided whether or not he passed.  Either way, he’d caught her with her guard down, and she was mentally kicking herself for it.  She should have known better than to think that she was impervious to such wiles.  She may have been growing ever closer to being old, but she was still alive and somewhere inside of her she still longed for companionship.  That was something her brothers had always provided, though, and she’d never felt the need for anything more.

So what was it about this youngling that had her so drawn in?

“Hm.” She hummed as he finished.  If he was this smooth with words, and his brother was better… perhaps it was best that the other hadn’t made an appearance.  Angele wasn’t sure just how weak she had been before, but if this one had managed to worm past her defenses, what would his brother have done?  She offered a slight smile, trying to keep open. “He must speak well indeed, then, if he is as good as you say.  You have a very smooth tongue yourself.”

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive
Rico Barreda
Glamorous would have been a better explanation of what he had been trying to pull, and the male found himself unable to stop the disappointment that swelled within his chest. Lying was, well, what he did best. Sometimes there was guilt to be associated with that - and be damned if this was not one of those times. Angele had been nothing but tender and soft spoken, but there was no denying that there was a pain in his chest. Odd, it was not what he would have expected to just happen upon him, but he found himself unable to decipher it. There was no missing the fact that he felt a bitter taste in his mouth, wondering if he had last eaten something inappropriate.

As he studied the one before him, he struggled through his thoughts - while she had almost taken a step back, it was not in his nature to back off. His eyes twinkled with mirth, and he found himself offering a heavy sigh. "A wolf has to keep wary," The male grunted, amused with himself for even trying to keep the conversation going. "Secrets in our first meeting can't all be revealed, so perhaps you're only just seeing the tip of the iceberg of what I am capable of, Angele." Crooning, his tail finally lashed with a bit more ease, relaxing his shoulders.

It would be something to investigate, knowing that there was a reason that he had to keep his face well centered as he skimmed her eyes, but then he offered a daring and soft phrase; "Perhaps you have secrets too... and I would like the chance to explore them." It was still fairly pleasant to be polite on his tongue, even though he knew there was some risk to being generous with his words. Usually the quiet one, he barked a soft laugh.

"I hope I haven't chased you away, so easily, little angel." His words were a murmur, his ears swinging on his head - attempting to get a good reading on the female. There was a sincerity in which swept him up, but he found himself unable to pick sides. Would he want her to be scared off? There was a benefit, because then she might forget the oddness he presented.

On the other hand, the roguish male never liked to be forgotten. Not for a moment.

"This is speech."

Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart
OOC: I feel like this is winding down, so I'm going to Exit Angele. If you've got anything to say to her, though, go ahead and say it :)

A Wolf has got to keep wary, hm? Yes, I suppose a wolf does. She mused, watching the boy continue to struggle to regain his footing.  She’d really set him off by mentioning Desideria; though she couldn’t feel bad.  She considered it getting him back for setting her off balance with his incessant flirting.  Even so, she agreed with his words. She was always on her toes, though it seemed she was more inclined to let down her guard now that she was a member of a pack. 

It seemed the conversation had taken an atrabilious turn.  Ric seemed inclined to continue the conversation for some reason.  Angele wasn’t really in a hurry to end it, though she doubted she’d go out of her way to prolong it.  All chats must come to an end at some point, though she didn’t see why they couldn’t be resumed again.

Angele’s ears flattened against her head and she tensed slightly at his next sentence.  It almost sounded like a threat. What I’m capable of’…  What is he getting at? She wondered.

And, once again, he caught her off guard.  Her ears pricked slightly again, and her stance relaxed. Yet another coquet. She thought.  She couldn’t help but wonder if he actually meant it or if he was just one of those wolves who was used to charming all those he met.  He immediately followed his tease with another one, and Angele allowed herself a small grin of amusement.  She had never allowed herself to be chased from a target once she was locked on.  Not that he was a target; just a mild interest, at the moment.

She smiled at him.  “It takes more than a small lapse in character to frighten me, Ric.  I don’t often venture from the pack borders these days, but perhaps we will meet again.  I’ll be sure to tell Desideria to keep an eye out for you; I’m sure anyone that might be somebody from her past would hold her intrigue.”  She glanced at the mountains from which he said he’d come.  “You best watch yourself up there, particularly during storms.  They tend to be worse up higher.  I hope your brother gets better.  If you ever find yourself with the need for aid, our alphas, Vespertio and Namid, tend to be kindly towards those in need, especially if they’re as young and smoothly-spoken as yourself.”

She twitched her nose at him, intent on remembering his scent so she could find him again should she desire.  She wondered if he would remember her or let her slip out of his mind like a tendril of mist.

“Farewell for now, Ricardo.” 

"Speech" Thought

EXIT

Inactive
Rico Barreda
Rico was... lonely.

That was evident enough on the fact that he would have stayed facing her for hours, he would have spoken and told her a dozen different things that were supposed to be telling him what to feel. As his ears seemed to swing on his head, he was confident that her words would make an impact. The reassurance was not what he had expected, but be damned if it had not been what he had been hoping for, out of everything. Such was why his head bobbed, and he roused himself into a head bow.

Swallowing, there was no missing the fact that he was clearly delighted. Things had come out in his favor, so those moments were enough to give him reassurance. "Then be ready, miss Angele. This will not be the last you see of me." Words were trickling out of his mouth, content on the notion that was taking his mind. Yes, he was going to see her again - and next time, he would be sure to bring Nico along. There was very few things he did not like sharing with his brother, after all.

His head bobbed though, taking on a more serious note. For a moment, he stared at her; voice was softer, "I mean no harm to her, hers, or yours." It was a fierce vow on his tongue, but that was why he could stop the brief shake of his head. It was why his paws seemed to shift on the ground, and the notion was absolutely sweeping him up. It was why his tail lashed, but he found himself unable to stop the influence that seemed to be taking his attention.

But then it was time for him to go,he could feel her making the first move to bring it to a close. He agreed to it wisely, the half smile gracing his face, confidence in his tone. "Until I find you again, Angele." His husky voice purred at her, but he was confident that she had heard him - he meant no harm. Whether or not that was to believed, well, time would tell. For now he turned, knowing Nico needed to hear the news - to prepare, to hope.

To make a next move.

"This is speech."