(See All?) Announcements
513 Users Online
Bing, Google

most only see the girl — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Her friend’s mood, thankfully, had changed back to its normal nature. She was glad for this, for she hated to see anyone in a truly foul mood. Especially if she were the one to put them in it. Almost immediately she saw the familiar curious glint in Des’s eyes and she knew a question was in store for her, which she loved to answer. "Are you a scout, too? Or-- Wait, no, you're the leader. Were you a scout before you became the alpha female?" she questioned, and Namid couldn’t help but chuckle. A shake was given from her silver crown before she answered, “No I was not a scout, though given my wanderlust I suppose that would have been a fitting role for me. I have always loved to travel. However, before I came here I was a teacher. Knowledge has always been the one thing that outshines my need to stretch my legs, perhaps the very thing that drives them. I enjoy spreading what I know and perhaps gaining some in the process.”

It seemed the question that she followed with, as the queen had feared, had shown not so pleasant a return. She had met some others it seemed, and the Star Dancer’s brows furrowed. It seemed those other meetings had not gone well. She hadn’t yet met the siblings but in a sighting, had met the wolf named Tagg that she had yet to formally meet, and as well met a new wolf that she had yet to meet or even hear about herself. The woman was surprised to hear that the stormy male had a sibling, and she wondered if they were like minded or perhaps what she even looked like. With a name such as Angele, surely her personality much be sweet? But alas, it didn’t seem to be such by her friend’s description. She would have to get herself up and moving to finish the business she had started before her pregnancy had truly taken a hold of her. A sigh left her maw, “I am sorry you have not had the best of time in these lands. I wish more than you know that I could change the outcome of your interactions, and perhaps it will take more than one encounter for the others to see what I see in you, my friend. Do not lose hope, please,” she said. A certain almost begging look could be seen within the depths of her mismatched gaze, a selfish worry that her only true friend within her borders would leave her alone once more. She would do whatever it took to ensure that she felt at home here, and that her other subordinated felt the same.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Namid was disappointed. The female's ears flattened out to the side, her chin rested against her forelimbs, trying to sink into the floor of the den. It wasn't as bad as the first time they'd discussed members of the pack – Primrose had been an unholy terror, and Anthem had been more than intimidating. She had no strong feelings towards Angele, the twins, or Tagg – if anything, she had a mildly positive inclination towards the latter. Making friends wasn't something the female did easily (or took lightly). Acquaintances were simple, but friends required trust, and the desert dancer found she only had so much of that to go around.

"It's not bad," she insisted weakly. "Like I said, Tagg seems pretty nice. And I really don't know anything about the healers. Maybe they're nice, too. Angele and Anthem are just…very intimidating. Besides, she wants to be beta and…"

Desideria trailed off, watching the queen carefully. To imply that she wanted to rise in rank would seem very forward, and it was not something she wanted to be given. It was something she wanted to earn, either by winning the role from Primrose herself, or completing a task to gain it. "I'm not…I haven't lost hope. I just wish Kajika wouldn't keep leaving. He's…well, he's a friend. I met him even before I met you, and after some…ugly wolves, it was very nice to meet him. I like him a lot," she huffed, ears out to the side. He was always heading off, for some reason or another. "I keep hinting he should join the pack…but he keeps wandering off."Damn boy.

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Once again her friend seemed to want to melt into the ground, and the queen was left wondering what on earth she had said that time. If she even had a clue what she was doing, she would do everything in her power to stop making her friend feel so…inferior or something like that. This was a conversation between the two of them, companion to companion. It was meant to be easy and relaxed and open, nothing like the business side that her matriarchal duties required of her. She stretched out her muzzle to place her nose beneath the chin of the tawny woman, gently applying pressure to lift her head from the ground. “Des, I am not here to judge you. I am your friend, not your leader right now. I am here to listen to you and try and help with what I can, and if you would rather me not say anything all you need do is ask.” she said, offering a bright smile toward the woman.

She settled herself once more, auds moving forward to catch the words that escaped her subordinates maw. She listened to her descriptions, what she thought of the other members. They weren’t really bad descriptions, more or less just iffy ones at best. She could see that she was very borderline on her feelings with them, and perhaps she was just overthinking the incidents like Namid herself had a tendency to do. She just needed to take a moment and breath, though this thought she kept to herself. Her head seemed to lift in surprise, her brows rising as she mentioned that their newest member already had ambitions on becoming her beta. She wasn’t sure how she felt about that, someone she barely knew suddenly becoming her second-in-command. It was an important job, something that gave the holder power and if it fell into the wrong paws as it was now there was no telling what could happen. She mentally sighed to herself, trying to sort through the thoughts that flew through her mind while keeping a calm and intent composure on the outside.

Her attention was brought back by the words that Desideria continued with, once again speaking of the man that she had become friends with outside of her borders. It seemed that he kept evading the tawny woman’s questions in joining, and Namid could understand his reasoning. There was much to see in the world, and if one wasn’t careful when they joined the right group things could become stick. She made a mental note to meet this man once she was able, which wouldn’t be too far away. “I would love to meet your friend, if he should be so interested. If you happen by him one day, please call for me and I will come out to greet you. He sounds like a wonderful man, and a wise one too to see what a good woman you are,” she said with a grin.

Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
If she could have blushed, Namid's tease probably would have brought color to the older woman's face. It was easy to talk about her future as a scout, the things she needed to do and learn. That excited the slender creature, and she was eager to prove her worth to a wolf she held in such high esteem. Discussing the puppies was no great hardship either – who wouldn't want to talk about such wonderful bundles of joy? Oh, yes, they hadn't been born from her womb, nor did they held her feisty Barreda blood, but those three little ones held the entire future of Fallen Tree Cove in their tiny paws. As this pack was a part of her, so were the Veusains' precious babies, and so they too were considered a vital part of Desderia's family, tiny little treasures to revere and watch over.

As a subordinate, she was aware she'd probably never be allowed to have her own – so she would take the joy that came with children where she could get it.

"I-- Well, I'm not sure I'd call me a 'good woman', exactly, but I like to think I'm not half bad," she replied sheepishly, ducking her head at the lavish compliment. "But he is a good wolf, and a good friend, and I think he would be a loyal and hard-working packmate. Maybe he could be a teacher, once he gets accustomed and earns his place. He taught me to fish, you know? He's just…a really good guy. I hope I can talk him into coming to stay."

Her tail began to wag behind despite herself, feeling silly that she was gushing to Namid about the lone wolf she often looked for upon the horizon. But perhaps this was what friends were supposed to do. It felt good. If it felt good, it couldn't be wrong, could it?

"What was it like, when you met Vespertio?"

Oops, Des got away from me again. . _ . This two are a total brotp for me, tbh. I have no idea how this happened, Des just ADORES Namid.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Vesper might have some competition here c; lmao

As almost expected by the Star Dancer, Desideria denied her ability to be a good wolf. That admission in itself proved her thoughts, for anyone selfish or conceited would have admonished on the fact. Neither of those words came close to fitting the tawny friend Namid had made in her, and a slight frown marred her maw as she realized that she didn’t know herself to be as great as she really was. Hope seemed to fill her voice as her subordinate spoke of the man, a curious affection there that she wasn’t sure the small woman realized herself. A tilt of her head was given before she moved to nudge Aleister into a more comfortable position by his siblings, for he had begun to squirm. Her attention was drawn back to her friend as she thought over her words. They did need a teacher, and until they filled that role Namid had planned to fill it on top of her duties. If he were interested in the position, he would be training under Namid herself which would give her plenty of time to know whether or not he would be fit for the job. Of course, she was getting ahead of herself for neither of them really knew whether or not he wanted to be a part of their growing family.

"What was it like, when you met Vespertio?" she asked, and Namid couldn’t help but quirk a brow. Maybe she did see how she spoke of the man, and if she did feel an affection for him the queen couldn’t be more excited. But, she also couldn’t help but feel worried. He wasn’t of their pack and no doubt a relationship that split would be hard to up hold, and if he did join there was no telling how things would turn out come the next spring. She was afraid that the similar instincts she saw within Desideria that she had herself when looking at her children would pull her away from her side and betray her. But so far she had shown no interest in having her own, and if he did join and they found to have admitted feelings the pale woman would have to pull herself up to explain to them the rules as gently as she could. Her expression turned thoughtful as she remembered how it had been to meet the man that had practically saved her life. “We met in a most…different way. I had been wandering alone and starving from the winter, perhaps not a few weeks away from not sitting here before you today. Snow had covered the ground from the many blizzards, and it was difficult to distinguish anything around you. I stepped on an overhanging snow drift and plummeted down the mountain side down to the ground by the lake and badly sprained my paw. I could not walk and had feared that I would be taken by the elements soon because of it. However, along came running Vespertio like a knight. He knew nothing of me and saw my injury, but took me with him any how to take refuge in the Cove. I was not intended to stay here, only until I had healed. But…it seemed fate had more in mind. We spoke often and grew to know one another in just a few weeks, our minds working on a similar pattern and conversation came easily. It was and is just…easy with him I suppose. He brings out a side of me that I did not know, and I assume I do in him. This family is perhaps what sealed our fate, and I knew that I would want no other than him.” she spoke, realizing that it perhaps sounded utterly romantic to others when to her it had come as if breathing. Her affections for him had snuck up on her like a huntress its prey, and she hadn’t stood a chance.

Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Huh. Wasn't like that, for my mum, you know. I don't…actually even know who my sire is." Desideria did not look troubled by the fact, only rolling a shoulder to indicate it was but a curiosity, not a tragedy. "She was a loner, always. I assume he was, too. But she gave me her last name, and practically named me after herself, so I'd be hard pressed to figure it out. He might not even know he has a daughter somewhere. Damn, my mother might not have even known! She was that sort."

For that, her daughter didn't judge, nor did she blame her. Sure, she might have grown up small and the childhood might have been a bit harsh, but she'd learned how to survive and she wasn't terribly miserable while doing it. Desdemona just did the best with what she knew – anger at her now would cause nothing but pain. "I did know the wolf that sired my brothers. I thought he was a good one but…he left, too. Couldn't take being a parent, I guess. Why loners probably shouldn't breed. But me and mum, we raised 'em up. They're good boys."

Not 'they were', because the woman couldn't imagine a world that had stolen life from those precious sons.

Huffing softly, she tipped her head. "Talking to Kajika is very easy. Much easier than anyone else…'cept maybe you. But I think it's a little different, with a female, yeah? You aren't ever gonna…" And Desideria trailed off, suddenly and horribly embarrassed with what she was about to imply. No, her spring hormones would certainly not attract another bitch and vice versa, but what a thing to say to your alpha! Blinking once, the woman shook her head. "Erm…think maybe I should go, yeah? Your pups are getting restless, I think. But I'll be back soon, with more to eat. Maybe tomorrow?"

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

As soon as she’d spoken her friend was off like a rocket, her mouth moving a mile a minute bringing a grin to the pale queen’s maw. She seemed to be always smiling she’d come to realize, a serene look that had always been placed there. It was just in her nature, a lover by heart and fighter last. She listened carefully as she spoke of her heritage, expressing that she didn’t know who her father was. This made her want to frown, for her father had been the most important wolf in her life as a youngster. He had been the one to mold her into the wolf that she was, giving her the knowledge that she so desperately craved and showing her how to use it. He had been the one she’d had the most difficulty parting with mentally, her heart aching for him more than her family as a whole. The thought that someone should grow up without that made her quite simply flabbergasted.

She seemed to think for a moment, pausing in her speaking to really consider what she was going to say. Namid’s head mimicked her own in its tilt as she watched her calmly, wondering what was going through the mind of hers. "Talking to Kajika is very easy. Much easier than anyone else…'cept maybe you. But I think it's a little different, with a female, yeah? You aren't ever gonna…" she expressed, trailing off at the end. She knew what she meant, she wasn’t going to suddenly up and confess her undying love for the woman one moment. Try to seduce her into a bed or anything of the sort, though she had heard stories of wolves who preferred the same gender. That simply wasn’t her, however, as was obvious by the affection she held for her mate. Seemingly startled and uncomfortable about how she had ended their conversation, her friend stood up hastily and excused herself with a promise to be back tomorrow. Truthfully, while she was happy for the company she was still very tired and would appreciate the chance for a nap while the children were still asleep. She gave a nod and a smile, ”Of course, I look forward to it. If you need anything else you know where to find me,” she said, a yawn gaping her jaws before she moved to lay her head on her paws. Her friend’s footsteps echoed out of her mind as she slid off into sleep quickly, a show of just how tired she actually was.

Exit Namid.

(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2015, 04:29 AM by Namid.)