(See All?) Announcements
490 Users Online
Bing, Google

confident in my insecurity — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda

Surveying the territory was exhaustive work, Dezzy realized early one morning as she set out for another round. There was no one checking her progress, or even really training her, but she had no complaints. Namid was surely busy with her new puppies, and Vespertio had his paws full with his den-ridden mate to care for. With their children so young, she doubted either parent would travel far. It was good, she thought, that they had each other to rely on – she'd seen firsthand what raising a litter alone could do to a mother. In fact, she was the result of such a situation – a wolf not quite in tune with normal pack behavior, unable to cope within the law and a bit outside the social norm.

It was with a wry smile that she carried on into unfamiliar territory, exploring further beyond Fallen Tree Cove's actual boundaries in a mission to better understand the entire lay of the land surrounding the Lost Lake. Her studies had formed a map within her mind – slowly, but surely, she was beginning to fulfill Namid's request. How she would prove to the celestial queen she was worthy of obtaining a rank, she was still undecided, but she would train until that day came.

Pausing, the female realized she'd come across old, worn paths. A pack must have called this place home, once. It was clearly long abandoned – scent markers no longer remained anywhere nearby. She'd have to ask the alpha about it later. Did Vespertio replace the pack that once resided among the nightshade plants, she wondered? Curiously, she released a soft chuff, ears straining to detect any response. Was anyone still living here?

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The few days that he had spent at Turtleback Lake had been refreshing after his long journey.  It had been o long since he’d had a real rest that he’d almost forgotten what it was like to just stay in one place where he could meet all of his needs without having to travel far to do so.  He hadn’t really gotten too much figured out though as far as where he would go from there but there was something that had continued to tug at his thoughts each day. Des, she had him worried after her talk of challenging Primrose.

Though she didn’t strike him as a wolf that would do something rash he wasn’t sure what she would do if she was pushed into a bad situation.  Most importantly he didn’t want something to happen while he was away and she would get hurt because he had left so abruptly without giving her any help.  It was these constant thoughts that drove him to head south once more to his friend so that he could give her the tips that could help her for when she would need them.

Though he wasn’t quite ready to leave the lake he knew that he wouldn’t be able to fully rest until he knew that he had given his friend the help that she needed.  The trek was long and he took the familiar path that he had taken before through the forest to where he had always met Des.  However before he got to the lake he picked her scent up and followed through and area that had clearly ben inhabited with wolves at some point in the past.  It had to have been some time ago as any scent of wolves was gone from the place. Before she was in sight though he heard her familiar chuff and returned it with one of his own before slowly making his way through the nightshade plants that surrounded him to a place where he could finally see her, “You’ve had me very worried,” he stated as he stopped a few meters from her.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2015, 05:12 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Surprisingly, her call was answered. Desideria had not expected to find anyone on these well worn trails, much less a wolf she knew and cared for. Before the words even left the loner's mouth, she knew exactly who traveled just out of side. "Kajika!" she crowed merrily, crashing through the flora to find her friend. Her tail spun behind her, propelling her forward through the air. As he stepped into view, she all but skidded into his side, replicating their first encounter as she pressed against his side with a joyous wriggle. Her tail continued to wave furiously, weed whacking as she danced around him, administering playful nudges and nibbles.

Paws carelessly stamping the nightshade, she finally slowed to a halt, body still vibrating with glee as she reached out to lick his muzzle. "You're back," she rumbled happily, bright eyes sparkling like twin stars in a night sky. "Part of me worried you wouldn't come, you know? You like that Turtleback Lake so much – but I'm glad you're here!" In case that wasn't apparent in the way Des had scampered about like a care free puppy.

Stepping forward, she bumped up against his side again. "What are you doing out on this side of the lake? I was scouting – Namid told me if I kept training, I could earn the position. I'll know the Lost Lake like the back of my paw." Offering her companion a wink, she turned, trotting back towards one of the paths. "Are you going to stay awhile? Do you want to scout with me? Or, we could always go and fish. Or hunt birds! Or I think we mentioned training together, last time."

Anything that required spending time together, she wanted to do.

[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

His concerns of startling her were unfounded as she had recognized it was him immediately and greeted him as she had done before, maybe a little more enthusiastically.  His tail had begun to wave to and fro in quick succession as she pressed against his side, his nose buried in her ruff taking in her scent.  “It’s good to see you,” he said as he watched her dance around him.  Her nibbles and nudges were returned in his show of how happy he was to see her.  To see that she was okay and that it didn’t seem that she had done anything rash while he was away.

“Of course I am,” he stated in response to her statement of him being back.  He also returned the licks she had placed on his muzzle with a few licks on hers.  “When will I get it through your head that you don’t have to worry about me not coming back,” he joked giving her cheek a nudge, “I do love Turtleback Lake but it doesn’t matter how far I travel or how long I am gone I’ll always return,” he added in assurance.  He wasn’t the type to abandon his friends, especially those that he cared for as much as he cared for Des.  “I’m glad to be here and to know that you are alright.”

She’d bumped his side once more before telling him all about what she was up to, he thought she sounded very happy about it.  That pleased him that things seemed to be working out for her and that she seemed to be finding a place within her pack.  “I was on my way to the lake when I caught your scent and thought I would surprise you.  It sounds like you’re doing very well since we last met,” he responded when she had finished.  He smiled when she winked at him and followed her towards one of the paths.  “I can stay awhile and we can do whatever you like while I am here but before I go I do want to make sure that we do get some training in.  That’s why I am here actually I have been so worried that something might happen and you wouldn’t be prepared that I had to come and make sure that you were okay and to help you in whatever way I can.”  He was glad to be back with her, to have someone in the forest that he cared for so much and cared for him as  much in return.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2015, 01:23 AM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"…before I go…"

As charmed as she was to see her friend, there was nothing like the notion that their time together was temporary to put a damper on her day. It gave the older wolf a moment's pause, expression searching as she looked her friend over. Kajika looked no different than he had last they met; there were no new scars, and he still looked well fed. Still, he looked to return to the north, and it was troubling to her that he wouldn't stay. Why not, she wanted to ask. Was she not good enough? Was there something better out there, that he couldn't just leave behind?

Turning about, she rubbed back against them as they stood upon the path. She'd had a few ideas of what they might do, given how much she'd enjoyed their previous hunts. There was larger game to be found not far from the shores of the Lost Lake, as well as waterfowl. If a pursuit was not something Kajika was in the mood for, the scout in training would be eager to show off her newfound fishing skills. The woman had been practicing since he left, not only fishing for herself, but the friend she'd found in her alpha as well.

What the loner had in mind, though, might prove to be a bit useful in future days. If she did take Primrose to challenge, it certainly couldn't hurt. Reaching up to nibble on her friend's shoulder, she gave a short nod. "Seems good enough to me," she hummed, content to press against his large bulk. "Do we need anything? I think we should stay out here – away from the pack. There are pups, and I don't want them to think we mean harm, you know? New parents, and all. But—" Des paused then, brow furrowed as she thought it over. "That's a secret, okay? We don't want some other pack trying to get them, or something, you know? Just you and me. I can trust you."

Her tail swished once, and she took a step backwards. "Where do we start?"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She had spoken of many things that they could do together during his visit and as much as he wanted to stay long enough to do all of them with her he knew that he couldn't. The truth of it was that every one of his visits were bittersweet, he hated the fact that they were.  He was also well aware that it was his fault, he was the one that left her every time and part of him wondered if he would ever tire of his leaving.  He also worried what would happen to her if something happened to him and he was unable to return to her.  As much as he hated the way things were he also knew that he couldn't stay till he was sure of where he should be because he didn't want to hurt her but he wondered if leaving her was hurting her more by leaving.

When they had reached the path she had rubbed against him once more, it was a comfort to him.  In that moment he took some time to just be grateful that she didn't turn him away knowing that he would eventually leave her.  He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead into the ruff of her neck.  He worried that she would one day turn him away unable to take his leaving her any longer and he would lose the one who was most important to him. Finally he took a step back to see what she was thinking about what they should do during this visit.

It seemed she was fine with the idea of training for whatever may happen in the future.  He bent his head to give her cheek a luck when he felt her nibble his shoulder.  "Good, and later we can do some scouting I would like to see how you're coming along with that." Scouting with her would give them some more time together and he wanted to see her doing something that was important to her.  He shook his head when she asked about needing anything,

"No, just us.  Here will be fine," he agreed when she told him about wanting to stay away from the pack because of the puppies. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone.  You're secrets are safe with me as I'm sure mine are with you."

She then wanted to know where they should start, "Right," he said backing up till he was a few steps away from her, "I think we should see your technique first and then we can make adjustments as needed," he explained with a nod, "Now come at me like you would a wolf you were going to fight."

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2015, 08:02 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"As you wish," she replied easily, content to show off her progress as a scout. The woman trusted her friend to be honest with her – after all, when she failed at her fishing attempts, he didn't coddle her. While he wasn't cruel, he continued his instructions. If he spotted an issue with her reconnaissance techniques, she was certain Kajika would speak her mind and help her improve. Wishing to impress Namid, it was key that she demonstrate her abilities without faltering, and once the queen was comfortable enough to allow her children out of the den and into the pack, it would be even more vital to protect the borders of Fallen Tree Cove.

It was with this in mind that Des shifted her attention back to the dark-pelted loner, bobbing her head once. Her friend could trust her with anything. She'd guard his secrets more closely than she'd keep her own. But now was not the time for whispering in each other's ears like a couple of puppies suck away from the den, but actual training. His request was met with mild confusion – " I've…I've never actually tried to fight another wolf," she muttered, ears sweeping back as she dipped her head. All the scrabbles she'd been involved been hadn't been her idea to begin with, and hadn't involved much attacking on her behalf.

Swallowing hard, she pressed her ears back against her head (lest she lose the rest of her right one) and dipped her head further. Setting her shoulders, she charged right at the sturdy male. At the last moment, she darted to the right, lowering her shoulder and using it like a battering ram, aimed right at her friend's chest.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was curious about what she had been up to during his absence and one way for him to see that was for him to go scouting with her.  He was glad that she was finding a place in the pack and something that she wants to do to contribute to her pack.  He also thought that would be a good time for them to do some catching up.  First things first though, he wanted to leave her confident that she would be able to take care of herself if something should happen.  “It will be fun,” he told her with a smile.  More importantly they would have that much longer to spend time together.

She had also mentioned that her pack now had pups that she was concerned about other packs finding out about.  He assured her that he would not share that secret with anyone, it wasn’t his secret to tell.  Once they had that cleared up it was time for them to get started on their training session and he had given her instructions for how they would get started.  When she spoke about having not tried to fight any wolves before she seemed a little embarrassed by that fact.  He closed the distance and used his muzzle to lift her head, “That’s not necessarily a bad thing,” he told her before returning to his previous position, “Come at me how you might if you were going to fight me,” he rephrased his previous instruction.  He thought that she might have some idea since fighting was part of being a wolf and whether she had been in a fight before or not she must have some idea of how it all worked.

He waited for her to make her move.  She came at him much differently than she had in the past and at first he thought that she might hit him higher on his body.  At the last minute though she changed direction on him and hit him in his chest near his oxter.  The force of her body caused him to stumble slightly but he recovered quickly.  “That was good,” he told her, “Hitting low is a good move that way you can try to get your opponent off their feet and then you will have the advantage.  Now I will come at you and you have to dodge my attack,” he told her as he moved away from her slightly.  Once he was in position he charged toward her going for her hind leg in order to get her feet out from under her.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2015, 12:10 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Kajika stumbled backwards, but the smaller wolf seemed to suffer just as much. She all but ricocheted off his muck larger bulk, staggering sideways with a small amount of shock. It made the woman glad she'd used a shoulder as a battering ram instead of her head – if she'd knocked her skull against such bulk, it would definitely have rung her bell. Tucking that away for future fights, she turned about to her friend with a wry expression. "Don't know I'd call that good," she was in the middle of muttering, only to realize the darker wolf was about to retaliate.

Apparently, he was taking his tutoring very seriously.

Amber eyes like saucers, the scout in training's ears swept back instinctively. Her tail curled underneath her soft, tender belly, and Desideria shrunk down, trying to make herself as small as possible. As small, sturdy target was harder to hit. Unfortunately, the loner was more experienced in the art of war than she was, and he hit her with entirely more force. Frozen like a deer in the headlights, it seemed she'd forgotten entirely the male's earlier instruction about dodging. Instead, she seemed to simply wait for her fate, a yelp escaping her as her friend's bulk contacted her hind leg.

The female went toppling onto her opposite side, paws over her middle. In a flurry of limbs, she quickly scrambled to her feet. Some of her sense was knocked back into her skull, and she knew being on her back was the worst possible position. Righting herself, she took a much more defensive position, lowering herself as she studied Kajika. "I'm not sure hitting stuff is gonna work for me. I'm tiny, you know? Some of the wolves around here are huge!"