(See All?) Announcements
578 Users Online
Google, Bing

superman-in-training — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Triell's enjoyment filtered through to Kinis, who found himself thrilled by the act despite himself. It really was a different world, this swimming business, like finding yourself in thick air which requires you to learn a whole new set of basic skills, such as walking. It would take a lot of practise for him to reach Triell's steady expertise, but now that the fear had mostly subsided, he felt that he could do this again - and maybe, one day, without any supervision.

So focused was he on his gradual lap of the pool that Triell's question came quite out of the blue. It took Kinis a moment to even register it, and his bewilderment almost ruined his steady movements. Fortunately, his instincts and body had already clocked the right technique, and he was able to continue without fault. Still, he didn't fancy testing himself too much, and wanted to reserve talking for hard ground. As such, he didn't answer immediately, and the time it took him to paddle towards their starting location gave him plenty of contemplative time. The question itself was innocent enough, but the fact that Triell had asked it here, like this, so unexpectedly, implied that there was a little more behind it than an idle query. It pained Kinis to think that his brother missed him that much, for he could not bring himself to go back and genuinely enjoyed his brother's company and friendship.

His paws scraping on muddy ground, Kinis continued silently on, pulling himself out of the water and giving his pelt a heavy shake once he was free. Turning to watch Triell, the boy smiled softly, almost apologetically, and twitched his head in a small shrug. <b>"Yeah, a lot of the time,"</b> he admitted quietly, trying hard to be casual. <b>"I miss you guys, but - I don't know. It's difficult to explain. I don't think... I rightly know myself."</b> Approaching Triell with a wag of his tail, he offered the black pup a fond nuzzle and finished by touching their noses together. <b>"I... Indru and Ruiko's... <i>thing</i>, you know. It makes it hard. I can't betray Ruiko, he's all I had when, when you all..."</b></blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The young lad hadn't meant to throw his concentration off. A frown began to form on his lips, but Kinis quickly regained his strokes. He breathed a sigh of relief, and waited for Kinis to withdraw into his safe shell. It was deadly quiet to Triell, even though he and Kinis were treading water, and the roar of the falls evident in the background. The quiet held onto the air like a giant awkward pause. The ends of his ears were folded slightly as he followed Kinis out of the water and shook his own coat out. Triell was really fearing the worst, exactly why he hadn't spoken of it earlier. Why he felt like hitting himself for bringing it up now.Slowly his eyes skipped along the wetness of the shore and to Kinis' amber pair. He did not see what he thought he'd see, but he didn't smile yet.He sat on his haunches ready to listen.

Eyes shifted to his paws not wanting to stare Kinis down while he answered. If they were ever to move forward Triell figured he had to know, and his head bobbed once. He could understand Kinis' dilemma for not just once had their elder brothers parted, but twice. Clearly no one liked to pick sides. A smile flashed when noses met, and his tail wagged happily despite the small guilt clinging in his chest.

"I know what you mean. I figured you would....stay with Ruiko. But I just wondered if you know, you'd come visit? Let Indru know your okay?" He spoke trying to keep his voice from carrying any emotion. He didn't want to make Kinis guilty about not coming to Swift River, or the chance he may not visit. He just wanted him to know he could visit. Honestly Tri thought Indru would understand his choice to be with Ruiko. He smiled than, giving a soft nudge to the brown chin hoping this wasn't a tenterhooks moment.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<i>Wrap it up? :D Could have another thread soon if you want - I've got an Indru one planned for when Tara gets back, but if you want to do another (got any Go Wild challenges left?) I'm up for it!</i>

<blockquote>It was hard, feeling this much for Triell and yet unable to give him exactly what he wanted. His brother was so careful in his wording that it was obvious he was struggling despite his smiles and neutral tone. Still, what Triell asked for wasn't impossible, nor even unreasonable. He wasn't demanding something Kinis couldn't give. His concerns about disappointment had only ever been about Ruiko; now that all was well with that brother, his paranoia could easily transfer to Indru...

No, no, that wasn't the point. The point was that he should let his family know he was doing all right, like Triell said.

<b>"I could do that,"</b> he conceded quietly, smiling. And with that, he felt compelled to change the subject, because it was vaguely painful and he didn't want to cause Triell any grief. He would come and visit, hopefully soon, but he could make no promises to the latter. Swift River didn't <i>need</i> him, at any rate, and Triell could easily tell their big brother that Kinis was okay. The boy still had a few demons to dispel before braving the journey back to their old home.

With a sudden, mischevious grin, Kinis nipped at Triell's jaw and darted off, tail wagging and energy abounds. He could not deny that Triell lifted his spirits to no end.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
ooc:sure i was thinking we were getting to the end. i'd like to do another challenge. would you like to start? and let me know which character to join you?
The lad didn't want to tear them apart, but he really didn't think Kinis would be happy back at the river. He remembered the "lovely" relationship between Borlla and him so Triell didn't see things going to smoothly if he returned. He actually saw Kinis losing his new found confidence and Triell didn't want that. He wanted Kinis to be happy and if that meant he lived with Ruiko alright. He could live with that. It would only mean he had two good reasons to leave the territory. And Ruiko would take good care of him.

He saw Kinis thinking it over, and he clamped his teeth tight trying not to grind them. Upon his answer he held the sigh of relief that wanted to escape, and instead he smiled. "Good," he said letting his tail wag quickly behind him. The black lad was glad the subject was dropped, and knew Kinis would come visit when he was ready. That was all the boy had wanted. In a blink, Kinis nipped at his jaw and took off. Triell had not been ready for the playful invitation, but took quickly to catch his brother.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]