(See All?) Announcements
590 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley, Vanadis, Baidu

animal urges — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora
Partly Cloudy  | 68 ° F, 20 ° C | Borders of Broken Timber Pines | The plan has been for the Zamoras to join Koda/Iopah for a while so I assumed that Koda would have told Camio about the pack idea...lemme know if I need to change it

This morning had been different then the previous ones. Camio had slowly woken his daughter @Nalda and lover @Nova speaking about a home. A place for them to go and be safe. While the damp mossy forest would have kept them safe as along as the male roamed them he needed a true protection. An actual force of a pack was what he needed for his small family. The thought of @Koda and @Iopah had been pulling at him in the back of his mind, perhaps it was a sign that Camio should take. Moving his family to wolves he already knew, whom he had no ill ties with.

The two young parents had taken turns carrying Nalda through the trek. While Camio preferred to carry Nalda more, to give Nova a break from dealing with the youngin', it seemed Nalda wished to be held by both daddy and mommy. The trip had not been an easy one but it was a familiar one. It was at Secret Falls that the lovers had their special moment; the moment that had brought Nalda into the world. Looking at Nova with hopeful eyes he whispered softly. "You remember this place, don't you my love?"

Soon enough the scent of a pack's borders would come drifting in. With an eager heart Camio took Nalda from Nova with a soft whine. Carrying the squirming Nalda with a gentle grip on her scruff the male Zamora picked up speed a tad. Flicking his tail in hopes of getting Nova to pick up her speed. It wouldn't be too much longer now. The scents growing stronger and stronger. This had to be the place the need to go to. Coming close enough to practically see the borders Camio slowed his pace. Stopping a wolf length away from the borders. Setting down Nalda and exchanging glances with Nova. Licking his daughter on her forehead Camio spoke a bit more stern to her. "Be good, sweetie. This could be our new home." Lifting up his head to the sky he called out for the alphas of this pack.

"Speech."
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2015, 03:51 AM by Camio.)
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Camio @Nova @Iopah

Things had been quiet, and the pale male preferred it that way. Since the birth of his children the male had been on edge, and the urge to check and double check his borders had lead to a sort of exhaustion that had grown easy to conceal. It didn't take long then for the Reinier male to settle into a light sleep, he was content to sleep near the mouth of the den where inside his wife and two daughters slept peacefully, without a care in the world, safe from the dangers of the West. The wolves of Secret Woods had never left his mind, he thought of Nina almost everyday and the guilt of leaving behind his position was beginning to pull on him--had he been right to leave them like he did? He shifted his weight to gain a better view of his growing family, the small squeals of his fluffy girls brought a smile to his lips as they moved closer to their mother and he remembered why he had risked so much in the first place. Founding Broken Timber Pines had been worth it, and becoming a father once more had been the highlight of the year.

A sensation overcame him and his head turned toward the West, sniffing the air as it moved to ruffle his pale coat and within moments he heard the call of a familiar voice asking for his presence. He was reluctant, not wanting to leave his girls behind, but he had a responsibility to keep them safe and was quick to lift to all fours in preparation to move toward his borders--had Camio decided to join them finally? He approached the gathered wolves slowly, his tail flicking behind him in caution as his eyes lingered on the females that accompanied the tawny male, he had known of Nova but having finally seen her and the youth they brought into the world caused a smile to form on his lips. "I was hoping to see you three," he started, knowing that Iopah would have liked to be at this meeting despite her duty as mother. He looked toward Zalda, a sort of passion in his eyes. She was older then his girls and yet she reminded him of them, she was fragile and innocent, lingering on the protection and teachings of her parents--to them, she was their everything, and probably the reason they were here. "so what can I do for you?"
(This post was last modified: May 31, 2015, 03:43 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by PuppyThief who has 181 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nalda

She was not happy at all! Not only had she been woken from her peaceful sleep, but she had been pulled from the warm den and carried out into the cold world, way from the only home she knew. Her parents were gentle, they did their best to keep her comfortable during their journey, and explained to her that they were going to a new home. But Nalda didn't want a new home, she only wanted to curl back up next to her mother and go back to sleep. And since that wasn't an option, she decided to be difficult. Her father tried to carry her, but she blamed him for this unwelcome change, and fought against his hold, pushing her paws against his chest and squirming until he finally gave her back to his partner. But Nalda was no more satisfied in her mother's hold, though the presence of the more familiar of her parents was calming, she was still cold and upset, and it didn't take long for her to begin struggling again.

The russet masked girl liked her father too after all, in fact, maybe she liked him better. He was the one who came home with strange, interesting smells on his fur, and small pieces of wood or bone, or tufts f fur for her to play with. Yes, she would much rather be carried by him. So she was handed back to the agouti male, and spend a few moments happy, having gotten her will. Then she got uncomfortable again, and the whole thing started over. When they finally arrived at their destination, her parents were probably happy to be able to put down their difficult offspring, and Nalda too was happy, finally getting to stand on her own legs.

She was tired, and when Camio pleaded with her, she made a low, grumbling noise and sat down between his legs, staring at the place that was apparently to be her new home. The place was  clearing in the otherwise dense forest, pale green betraying the youth of the many plants that bathed in golden sunlight. In the distance, a constant, laud roar could be heard, and Nalda wondered what it might be, a spark of curiosity lighting up her otherwise sulky face. She didn't have time to investigate though, as a stranger suddenly appeared out of the chartreuse foliage.

He was huge, bigger than both her parents, and the young lass' eyes widened at the sight. Her tail instinctively slipped between her legs as she quickly stood and took a few steps backwards, hiding under her father. Feeling a little safer with his belly above her, Nalda pressed against his right front leg and glanced quickly up, a small whine leaving her. Then she turned her baby blue eyes back to the stranger. Her vision was still blurry, and while her nose was exceptional, she still lagged experience in using it properly. Her ears were her biggest asset - literally, they were the largest part of her - and she used them diligently, flicking them back and forth as she focused on the tone of voice of the stranger. He didn't sound angry or threatening, but Nalda still felt unsure, and she looked over at her mother, making another disconcerted sound. She did not like this, she wanted to go back home.

Word count: 558

”Speech”
Because of work, my activity will fluctuate every other week. For more information and OOC preferrences check out my profile
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
@Camio

Stability never seemed to last very long for Nova, and as such she wasn't necessarily excited about leaving. Nor was she particularly eager to be carting their cub across the whole of Relic Lore at such a young age. Nalda was growing by leaps and bounds, but still wasn't sturdy enough to walk for very long. But then, if they waited any longer Nalda would be both too big to carry, and still lack the needed stamina for the trek. Still, despite her apprehensions she knew it would be much safer for them all to live with a pack they could trust, and who better could they trust than with previously proven packmates? It had surprised her at first to hear from Camio that Koda and Iopah had also left for this side of the mountains.

Nova had underestimated just how much of a pawfull their little girl could be when she really wanted to. Luckily Camio was there to pass off to when the wriggly fuzzy bundle that was Nalda became just about too much for her neck to handle. The stop at the familiar falls was a welcomed respite, even though Nova felt her face flush at the memory. The rest of the trip was thankfully uneventful for the little family.

As the forest began to thin out, the scent of a pack became apparent. Nova stopped beside Camio with her flank touching his, black and tawny fur intermingling. Nalda's little grunts of discontent were poking holes in Nova's resolve about this whole plan. She didn't want their daughter to be miserable and resentful in what would be their new home. Whether or not Nalda would even be able to remember the move hadn't even occured to Nova, she was so wrapped up in her anxious worries about making sure Nalda was happy.

The borders were obviously well kept, and so Nova figured the wait wouldn't be long... But still, the few minutes it took couldn't have passed any slower for her. She wasn't really sure how Koda and Iopah would take them, especially with a child of their own in tow, and had to trust on Camio's assurances.

Nova's tail swished low in reserved anticipation as she saw Koda's familiar form making his way towards them through the forest. She hadn't been sure what to expect, and smiled back at his warm greeting. Nova's snout dipped slightly as she addressed him, "I'm sure you might have guessed... We're looking for a new place to call home... If you'll have us, that is."
Played by Becca who has 106 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Camio Zamora

While Koda was quick to show a friendly face, @Nalda hid beneath Camio's sturdy form causing Camio to growl softly. "Little Nalda this is our friend @Koda, he's here to help us." He looked up to Koda with soft eyes. "I hope you don't mind her, Koda. She's just a bit nervous." Bending down enough to plant a kiss on the child's head he listened to Koda's words. Before Camio could even stifle out a reply @Nova was speaking for them. A smile graced his lips. That was his woman. Taking charge when it needed to be taken.

"Yes, what Nova spoke is true. I believe you're already familiar that we can pull our weight. And I promise that little Nalda won't be any trouble. We can have her taken care of." Camio didn't want to feel like he was pressuring Koda into taking them. He was sure that the male had his own family to take care of not to mention being alpha of a fairly new pack seemed rather overwhelming. Camio was just making sure that his friend understood he'd be able to provide for his own little family while taking care of he pack as a whole. It was a strange situation to say the least. Certainly one he didn't see himself being in.

Looking around Camio wondered where @Iopah was. "I trust you have been treating your own family here well? Maybe even a child or two of your own this season?" His lips curled upwards in a smile. Camio could only imagine the legacy of Koda living on in little fluff balls. That had been what happened with himself actually. In fact Nova and his own legacy was standing under him, hiding with nervousness.

"Speech."
and all the love lost was the love that i kept
in coffins and boxes, a museum of the dead
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
No sooner did Camio speak did his eyes move to little Nalda, the young girl seemed tired and ready for the adventure to end and he could rightly understand why she was considering how long they had traveled to seek acceptance into he pack. The young girl looked like the perfect mix of both of her parents and the burly male couldn't help feeling his heart lurch in his chest at the sight of her--she reminded him of the mewing little girls he had back home. His eyes traveled then to Nova, her young mother and he wondered how hard she had worked to help keep her daughter alive, he knew that the young woman was still suckling and needed her mother more then her father, without her the young pup would not survive. His heart strings were tugged in every direction with them at their doorstep, he knew that with them into their pack the pack could survive but there was something that bothered him. "I know that you and Nova are hard working wolves, and trustworthy, but I must know, what made you two leave Secret Woodlands?" he had to know, especially since they had left without his notice while he was leader.

Their answer wouldn't necessarily sway his decision and he knew that he wanted these wolves into his ranks, he simply wanted to know what had caused them to desert the pack when he had accepted them into it in the first place. "And I see no reason not to let you guys join us, but I'm just curious, I need to know." he thought then about Nalda, and though they promised to take care of her by hunting and watching her themselves, he wondered how the girl would interact with his daughters, and what she would teach them as they age. {b}"I'm sure Iopah would like to meet with you two as well, she's just given birth to our children. Nalda should fit in just fine with our daughters." and he smiled, having finally admitted that he had conceived children with Iopah.
[/b]
(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2015, 03:13 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by PuppyThief who has 181 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nalda

Words still had little meaning to the baby girl, but she noticed the anxious tone in her mother's voice when she addressed the pale giant, and it only added to her own uneasiness. Her father spoke with more confidence though, the low rumble deep in his chest resounding through his bones and transferring into her own body through the leg she was still leaning against. Feeling his strength helped ease her some, and when he leaned down towards he, she lifted her tiny head to meet his caress. The warmth of the touch was comforting, but when Camio's tongue left a wet trail trough her fur, she shook her head, a small, sneeze-like noise escaping her. The dark pup licked her nose with a tiny, pink tongue, and looked upwards to see if she still had her father's attention. But the agouti male's eyes had shifted back to the stranger, his voice once again ringing out as he spoke with the same, steady certainty as before.

The conversation itself was lost on the young child, but she noticed whenever the attention shifted to her, creeping further backwards under her father's belly when the massive stranger looked at her again; His expression was kind, but that didn't matter much, Nalda had never seen other wolves before, so since her parent always looked on her with kindness (mostly) that was simply the standard, it didn't change the fact that this colossal man was completely unknown to her. She did feel safer underneath her sire though, and gazed up at this pale wolf with curious eyes, wondering how he had managed to grow so big. She noticed her name in the stream of sounds her father emitted, it was one of the few word-noises she had learned to recognize, and answered with a small yip, stretching forwards between Camio's legs to peek up at him. The she once again remembered the stranger's closeness, and quickly retreated back to the soothing shelter of her father's body; but she continued to watch what she could and listen carefully, ears twitching at the shifting tones and voices.

Word count: 351

”Speech”
Because of work, my activity will fluctuate every other week. For more information and OOC preferrences check out my profile
Played by Kydnt who has 158 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nova
@Camio

Nova's attention turned towards Camio as he spoke up. Her heart melted with how gentle he was with their daughter. She glanced down, curious, when Nalda emitted a small squeak. Just how much could she understand?

Nova's broad brows rose with pleasant surprise when Koda revealed that Iopah had cubs. She realized it shouldn't have been that surprising, given the natural proclivities of two pack leaders. She was happy for Iopah and Koda though, and hoped that Nalda would enjoy the opportunity to have playmates. It seemed such a lonely life to not have any siblings or friends her age to play with, having to depend on only her parents. Though Nova had to admit she could have done without her own sister.

Nova cleared her throat, jumping in to answer first again. "Nina wouldn't let us start our family within the pack... So we left before the season." Nova answered simply at first. Her tongue flashed out, nervously smoothing over her whiskers and retreating back into her mouth just as swiftly. She didn't want Koda to think they were lawbreakers of any sort, and realized that perhaps she should clarify before allowing any assumptions to run wild. "I... Didn't realize you didn't know. Camio had talked with Nina, tried to clear it through her first, but since she wouldn't allow it he told her we'd be leaving come spring..." Nova's round eyes blinked, lips pulling as she thought. Had Nina not told Koda? Things had always seemed tense between the two leaders, but Nova never knew just how tense.

(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2015, 03:19 AM by Nova.)
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
I made it (finally!)... @Camio @Koda @Nalda @Nova

The quietness was appreciated by Iopah as well. It gave the new mother time to bond with her young daughters and the chance for instinctive fear to ebb away. They were pushing and nuzzling against her now, and Iopah followed every quiet movement they made. It was a curious feeling and made them seem as new as the night they'd been born. She did not like leaving them, but every uneventful day let her spend more and more time listening to and watching the outside world.

She was dozing when Camio called and roused in time to hear Koda leave. A pup stirred in the dark, awoken by her mother's shifting and the sound of a strange voice. It was only a matter of moments before both were whining at the disturbance and searching for comfort. A pale muzzle passed over them to give a reassuring hum and push them closer to her side. They nursed and her muzzle turned back to the entrance of the den, ears perked with interest. Within seconds their complaints faded and tiny bodies grew sleepy and full. Soon they were drifting to sleep again, but Iopah continued listening to the outside. By the time she slipped outside they were sound asleep again. The female alpha followed the sound of distant conversation, swiftly at first till she finally placed the familiarity. Her tongue lolled out in a relieved gesture. There was no danger here. Iopah spoke no word of announcement, but did not bother to hide the unhurried sound of her approach.

She arrived too late to catch Koda's question. Nova had just started to speak as Iopah brushed casually against her mate, sparing a moment to nudge his shoulder, before turning to the dark woman. She had assumed this is why the pair had left. Her voice was low and rough as she entered the conversation, thinking of the woman who had turned away three subordinates and an equal to keep her barren throne. "Obviously she decided we didn't need to know." For a split-second she wondered what else had been kept from them. She knew nothing of Mirren and Kite's exemption, and believed both to be deserters or belly up in a ditch somewhere (or both). A dismissive snort caught in her throat as the newly-made mother caught sight of Nalda and her voice came out much softer. "There will be rules here, but they protect the whole pack, not just one wolf." That was the way it should work; the stability of the pack was more important than the status of any one. They would figure out next spring when it came, Iopah was not about to turn away wolves that she knew would be loyal and hard-working.