(See All?) Announcements
666 Users Online
Google, Bing

oh, look WHOOO it is... — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cinder Attaya

As he spoke, Cinder could see the exact reasons as to why her sister had chosen him. The two were cut from the same cloth, and while she could respect him for it, she would give a delicate shake of her muzzle. He had mentioned missing parents – siblings.. home. Perhaps, during one of his heart to hearts with Quil, she had offered her own heartfelt topics of the matter. She held no doubt that her sister desired nothing more than to be reunited with the Attaya’s.

Cinder, however, did not. “You see, that’s the thing, Rook,” she murmured, her eyes flashing. Straight forward and to the point, this very conversation would set the relationship she had with the wolf before her now.. but Cinder had always ever been nothing but honest, even if it meant hurting others. “I don’t miss my parents or my siblings. They all left without a second thought to us.” She paused then, her eyes grazing his cheek – her instincts spurring her not to outright stare at him. “Except for Quil. Quil is my home. She is what I would do anything for.”

She did not spell out the fact that she did not trust Grizzly Hollow, or the ‘home’ he was attempting to set up for them. She had already spoke volumes on her thoughts regarding the mess they were in. She did not even speak of how he had best not hurt her – because if he hadn’t learned yet, he very well soon would..

The Attaya girls were victims to no one – not even circumstance. And may the heavens above protect whoever tried to hurt the one soul she cared about in this world.. because she was not convinced her sister was safe here.

like a black widow, baby
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

ROOK LYALL

Cinder shook her head and Rook's body language changed, crestfallen and dispirited from the words that followed. He had to respect her point of view. He needed to. Perhaps it was the only way for the both of them to both simultaneously exist in this circle, the one that revolved around her sister, Quil. "Of course," he lent, understanding now the depths of her devotion to her sister. It sorely reminded him of his own sister, even if she was long gone by now.

He struggled to procure further sentiments in regards to Cinder not missing her parents or the brothers she and Quil had lost. Truthfully, he was having trouble comprehending what she had said when they had left. He had been under the impression that the whole family had nearly drowned, swept away in different currents and different directions as the storm made the whole of Darkwater Rapids swell and churn. They, namely Kade and Ava, did not seem like the type of wolves to do that to their children, their first litter. He had known from his father's stories that Kade had remained within Grizzly Hollow, even when things got thick in the face of Borden's accidental leave. Kade might have abandoned these old stomping grounds but he did not abandon Jaysyek or the pack that Borden and the rest of the Lyall family had left behind.

Internally, he had drawn to the edge of panic, anxious for words yet afraid to say the wrong thing. "I will take care of it, Cinder," he murmured back, "and I will take care of Quil as I will take care of you." It was a deep promise to make, but if he was going to put his foot in it, he might as well put in all four; become the captain of the ship and, if the time ever came, go down with it in the face of adversity. Failing the Attaya's was the last thing he wanted to do.

"Would you like to help me dig?" he offered, uncertainty in his voice as he invited his sister-in-law to stay. "I'm making a new den. For- for Quil. It was supposed to be a surprise, but she's seen it already." His eyes swept over her, half-convinced that she might explode in his face after misunderstanding the tunnel-like hole in the ground to be some sort of grave rather than a burrow. The smile that came thereafter was nervous and hopeful, but he quickly made a point that he wouldn't be upset if she just excused herself from it all. But, maybe, if she stayed, they could use the opportunity to not just lavish their loved one with a gift but see for themselves just how well they could work together if at all. He added quietly, wanting to make it clear that she wasn't obligated at all to stay if she felt that she had better things to do, "But, if you'd rather not, that's okay, too. I don't mind." A swivel of one of his bear-like ears and a small nod, conveyed his confidence in what he had offered, willing to accept whatever she would like to do.

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2015, 09:28 PM by Rook.)

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Rachel who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cinder Attaya

Her newfound brother-in-law seemed to have come to a certain understanding – whether Rook was simply at the point of nodding, smiling and repeating ‘yes dear,’ or if he actually heard her concerns with clarity, she did not know. Either way, the swarthy girl allowed her passion to ebb away for the moment, and as the tawny wolf nodded to the den-in-making, she gave a small nod in return.

If it was for Quil, she would make an effort – including trying to make friends with Quil’s beloved. Sidling up beside him, Cinder nosed at the beginning of the den, and without further word, began to scoop her well kept paws to the ground, looking to sift out dirt and create a space for her littermate.. her family. Maksim and the forests ghosts slowly drifted from her mind as the two worked away, and by the end of it, Quil’s black pelt was speckled with bits of mud and clay – frosted with brown. She would excuse herself after the den was dug out, her eyes only drifting to the owlet that refused to leave the side of Rook with bemusement as she walked past. Her bright eyes lingered on Rook for only a captured moment, perhaps for a stolen second seeing exactly what her sister did see in the wolf before her – he was a good man.. he might have simply stepped in to a role that none of them were ready for.

Giving him a nod before departing, Cinder left their union at that. Her slender figure would sashay to the nearest stream, so that she could bathe the gunk from her pelt. Such an appearance was not fitting for an Attaya.

like a black widow, baby
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

ROOK LYALL

It would seem as though she agreed and after watching her jump right in, using her paws to scoop away the soft earth, he began to clear away some of the debris. With as much strength as he could muster with his average build, he tugged the fallen branches away from the den site and pushed his paws through the dirt pile behind Cinder. Eventually, he was flattening the excess earth, using most of his shoulder and arm strength to pack it down. Once firmly apart of the ground once more, he gathered a mouthful of pine needles and covered it back up as though it had always been that way. Soon enough, the owlet was back, it's interest renewed after seeing the two wolves at work to build a suitable "nest."

The owlet hopped away to find some other piece to offer up to his 'buddy' and Rook chuckled once before deciding to trade-off with Cinder. For a while he was back at constructing the underground tunnel before she joined him again. Muddied paws, both black and off-white, alternated as the den came into being, the hollowed space becoming large enough to house at least a wolf and a half. He backed away and let her gauge the coziness of the main area, returning to the surface to address the soil that he accumulated at the entrance. With a mouth full of pine and twigs, he began again with smoothing the dirt out.

At that certain point where the Attaya caught that side of him that, up until now, Quil had only seen, Rook had smiled to the little bird, who was still offering bits of forest debris to him. He craned his head down to gently take the small twig from the owlet's beak and placed it atop the bare earth he had finished stamping into somewhat even surface. The fledgling chirped and the boy sniffed back, playfully nudging the owl in the side. It toppled over, rolling about until it was able to right itself and hop back to Rook with another piece of pine need branch.

He just happened to look over his shoulder to meet Cinder's gaze. A wave of heat flashed over his face and warmed the very tips of his ears. Had she seen that gentle, paternal sort of gesture? Noticed how considerate he was of the bothersome owl? He would never know, but when she gave him a nod, he returned it and watched her leave. The owl chick called after her but Rook made it clear by gesture alone that the two of them could continue without her. If this was a sign that she was capable of trusting him, he appreciated it; and, it was in this sort of confidence that he allowed himself to finally believe that everything would be all right. For as long as he could keep the Attaya sisters together and safe from harm, he would continue with his work in building and maintaining his relationship with his newly rebuilt family.

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.