(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Google, Bing

you're just playing a part — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Borden had yet to fall back into his usual routine, despite having been back on Grizzly Hollow soil for nearly a week. His mind felt fuzzy, overwhelmed by how everything had played out since the founding of his pack. He forced himself to put all of his thoughts aside as he settled on the banks of the river, letting his half-lidded eyes fall onto the tranquil features that made up Jasper Rocks. The bits of piglet he had stomached made his gut grumble every so often. Not only did his coat show how worked up he had been, but now his internal clockwork was falling into some sort of disrepair. <i>Great</i>

He twitched his nose idly, sampling the air for any new scents that had wafted his way. <i>Nothing...</i> His efforts in meditating proved to be futile. It seemed that every time he closed his eyes, he lost himself to the events he greatly and fearfully anticipated - respectfully, the arrival of his children and encountering a wolf of the Mountain by pure chance. He felt unstable, like something within had reworked itself around the leader's current condition. It was driving him mad; it made him rethink his choices in leaving Midnight Plateau and wonder what could have been...

An abrupt shiver brought him to the present, where nothing but the sound of rushing water filled his ears... not the growls of threatening wolves or the sound of youths as they <span class='word'>vociferate</span> and wail for attention. The tips of Borden's ears trembled as he hoped for a distraction to draw his worrisome notions away.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 03, 2011, 03:33 PM by Corinna.)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Hours had gone by and she grew tired not physically, but mentally. The task was far too repetitive and Elettra found herself stopping from her digging in order to take a break. She, as a new member of the pack, was beginning work on her new den, cut out from the side of a small hill- nothing more as of yet then a small hole in the ground. At the moment, only her own body fit, and she had much more to do if she was going to use this place for injured wolves and herbal storage. She still had to gather pelt from old kills, mosses, feathers and grasses- and herbs, of course. She'd yet to prove herself, but if things went according to plan, she would be a legend in the making. Taking a moment to rest upon the large dirt mound which formed outside her den from the digging, she would then be off.
Already she walked the lands as they were her own, as though she truly belonged here (and with being a new member, she most certainly did). Her body was held high, ears perked forth and her tail high, just the same with her movements. She would help in marking the lands to ward off intruders by sliding her body along trunk and brush every so often as she moved along towards the river. She was the distraction for Borden, but ether a good one of a bad one, it was yet to be placed. Her swift movements had found herself upon him quickly, and without seconds did she exist the brush of the forest and ease along the side of the river bed just as he. They were yards apart, but she would take notice of him through her pale gray gaze, her body offering a shake, the light hinting off her touches of silver and gold amongst the low of gray and black. For the moment she would ignore him, as she did with anyone she just met if they proved to threat to her. She was no miss friendly and talkative and he was not near the lands enough to prove threat to her (granted she did not know him to be her leader). Finding herself wading in the waters, she began to take a paw, scratching at the wet earth below in order to scoop up lost shells and empty clam shells for holding water.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>The leader stared out to the water quietly, lost in his thoughts. It wasn't until he heard something scurry closer that he really began to pay attention to his surroundings. He blinked his vision back into focus and upon noticing a dark female enter the water. It seemed as though she paid no heed to him and she continued to mind her own business, digging and searching the riverbed for something. Borden studied her for a few moments before repositioning himself, sitting up before fully standing and shaking out his bedraggled coat. By the condition it was in, it looked as though he must have been through something grim... a vicious fight with another wolf, perhaps. Really, though, he was just having a hard time smoothing out his coat of the extra fur he had acquired for the winter months.

Despite his haggard appearance, there was nothing <span class='word'>scurrilous</span> about his tone or words. <b>"Salutations,"</b> he called out genially. Seeing as Jasper Rocks was just on the edge of their territory and he was in no mood to accuse or work himself up, he simply took a few steps toward her, offering a kind smile. <b>"Could I help you with something, miss?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He would lift then, standing to face and watch her. Her body stiffened, but to avoid looking threatened by his presence, she continued. She moved forward more, digging still, both front paws moving in a working motion, like an otter digging around in the mud for food. From the corner of her eye she could see his rough exterior and she wondered if he would make the mistake of picking a fight with her as well. Then he spoke. Yet another kind soul, willing to stop anything he was doing in order to help. She would offer him a single sniff, letting a moment of silence linger between them to allow herself to try and judge his character. He seemed true, if anything, though she did not drop her guard just yet. After all, if she was going to be carrying these shells home, it would be quite a time of time just carrying them back and forth. She could use any help she could gain and as a new comer, allies were always a strong point to have. She would give him the benefit of the doubt. "I'm in search for shells- any kind. They will do well for holding still water. I'm in the process of building a healing quarters. If you'd like, you may help me hunt for them- possibly carry them with me back." She paused, looking him over before continuing. She was speaking much, but if he was going to help she assumed he would like to know what for. "But my den is in the heart of Grizzly Hollow- and you may not cross." She warned now that if he was to help her back, he would not be permitted to cross their boarder, less things began to get ugly for the both of them. The leadess was getting larger by the day and without her King around (or so Elettra assumed by having not met him yet over the past few days) Elettra would be more weary and protective for the future of her new found home.
(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2011, 02:00 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Borden listened as she stated what she was looking for and why. <i>Shells... for holding still water... She was gathering supplies for her soon-to-be infirmary.</i> His head tilted curiously, rather impressed; aside from his Uncle Cutter, he had never met another Medic - at least one who was serious enough to gather unconventional supplies like water containers. He nodded and gave his tail a rather thrilled wag, more than happy to help out. <i>"But my den is in the heart of Grizzly Hollow,"</i> she informed him. <i>"...and you may not cross."</i>

This bit of information caught Borden by surprise. His pale gold eyes examined her cautiously as he slowly approached towards the water's edge. She knew of the Hollow and specifically stated that he, as an assumed stranger, was not permitted to trespass. Her tone seemed to imply that she would not allow it. <i>That was something he was glad to hear...</i> <b>"Are you new to the pack?"</b> he asked, stepping into the stream. Another question was about to escape his mouth but he held it back; he didn't want to intimidate her, especially if she was just starting to settle down. The pack - and specifically Jayse - could and would very well benefit from her expertise.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He would wag then, nodding, and she found herself side stepping and dipping her chin downwards in allowance for him then to come close so he may search along the area with her. Yet as he paused- she did, assessing the small look of surprise upon his features. However still he came towards the water's edge, and although still tense, she still allowed it just the same. Her tail level, her shoulders slightly rolling forward for protection of her neck, but she covered this act of defense by continuously massaging the mud underfoot. "I am." She turned to him more so then, strange pale gaze upon his features. A single ear turned back, she she let a single front paw kick up hard, suddenly then diving her blacken muzzle into the water and pulling out a well sized scallop shell colored in bronze and brown. With a flick of her skull she tossed the shell over her shoulder and onto the river bank. "Any shell rounded off may work- scallop, oyster, clam..." Unfortunately, the fresh water kind was much smaller then that of the sea, so she figured a decent collection would be needed. She spoke of the shells, in order to perhaps change the subject, unwilling to spill too much information on the pack.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>O O C | Apologies for it being short; seemingly got shortchanged by my muse there...</i>

<i>"I am,"</i> she answered, eyeing him before retrieving a shell from the water. He scraped his right paw along the silt and smooth river stones, watching her toss her discovery onto the shore before she added, <i>"Any shell rounded off may work - scallop, oyster, clam..."</i> <b>"I'm Borden,"</b> he offered, realizing that she had been wise to not share too much information about their pack. <b>"Jaysyek's mate... and, you are?"</b> He lightly dipped his snout into the water but came back up after being unsuccessful in grabbing the shell he had unearthed between his forepaws. He also didn't want to miss his companion's answer.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
[ perfectly fine by me. ]

Her black maw opened, about to speak her name, her chest already puffed, head already high as though she could not control the pride. Perhaps for too long she sat upon council as royalty amongst the ranks. It would have been to anyone's wonder why she left- a secret locked away to herself. She had never revealed much of herself, and often locked her past away within her mind even from herself. She was a wolf to move forward- never look back. He had caught her off guard, however, when he spoke the name of her new silver and white leadess, stating that he was her mate. Her Alpha. "My name is Elettra Archer- your new subordinate." The title felt odd on her tongue- so natural, so common. Yet she figured this was better then gladiator, doxy or slave. She felt like the lost war driven wolf, finally settling into a good, nice home, to do right in the world before a new path.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Respectfully, she offered her name. <i>Elettra Archer.</i> Borden smiled at how proper she was, <b>"Pleased to meet you, Elettra. We're glad to have you as part of our pack."</b> He shuffled his front paws again, feeling around for something rough unlike a rock or exposed tree root. The steady current had swept his first half-shell downstream. <i>Ah well...</i>

Diligently he submerged his head, thinking he had found a much larger shell than the one he had dug up earlier. He sucked in a fresh breath of air as he lifted his moderately-sized treasure out of the water. He wasn't able to see that it had a crack running through the center through it. <b>"Will this one work?"</b> he questioned, careful to not drop it as he spoke.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She smiled, though did not answer, only nodding lightly, offering a delicate smile before it swept away, going once more back to work. She would eye his front limbs, watching as he dug around the water, her own darkly gray limbs shifting quickly without hesitation through much practice. Her mother had made her spend hours at her side doing such a task before as a child, when all Elettra wanted to do was spar. The thought crossed her mind now, as her head dipped, taking another shell into her jaws, but instantly feeling the deformity with her tongue and knowing the half-shell would not do, she tossed it aside, allowing the current to take it away. It was upon this moment that Borden revealed his own catch, and turning to examine, could not muffle the small laugh, nor the smirk pressed on her black and white mug. "No, sir." She huffed, choking back another laugh at her leader, innocent enough. "It's horribly cracked." She paused for a moment for his reaction before continuing to shift her limbs. She did this as she spoke, her black tail flicking up above the water. "Learn to feel for cracks with your tongue- don't stroke. I've done it before, and although the cuts are small, if you get one they sting and are hard to heal. Learn to just press your tongue to the shell, in order to try and feel for them." She tried to teach her lord, should the time arise when she would no longer be with them and he would like to teach this to further students of the healing arts. She waited, wondering if he might try with the shell he might already have, though continued with her own search.
(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2011, 12:04 AM by Elettra.)