help me fall
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Adopt who has 40 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pacem Hervok
@Nina

-Pacem Hervok-
vade in pacem

The young, sweet summer child was more than ready to return home to the lands he knew. The trouble was he had no idea where it was so he had wandered in the direction he thought was south based off of the location of the northern star. Things started to seem familiar but with the thick green colored mist, he was finding it hard to determine. His stomach rumbled with hunger as he was close to the fall. The young son had not had a good meal in a long time... farther back than he cared to remember. He was nearly a yearling which meant he should be able to help himself survive but without his family, he felt useless. In a desperate plea, he howled for his mother, praying that he was close enough for her to hear.

With one final breath, he fell to the ground. His breathing was still evident but the hunger had made him faint. He began to fade into a dark abyss, waiting for a savior to find him. He had no knowledge of what had happened back home. He had no idea that Koda and Iopah were gone or that Kite and Mirren had returned. He had little knowledge of the fact that Mirren was now leader and that Kite was his mate, whom was with child and how his mother seemed okay with the idea. He was so innocent... and then he wandered a bit too far and everything was destroyed. Pacem Hervok had returned home but he was only half alive. Could he be saved? For everyone's sake, he hoped so.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The mother still missed them horribly. Aideen and Pacem. Even though she had never given up hope, it was getting harder and harder to hang onto it every passing day. Ever since Koda and Iopah had left, taking Silentium with them, Nina had felt an even deeper sense of betrayal. Even her own son had left her, the son who followed law, not more than Unitas, surely, but followed it enough to surprise her. Had he meant to hurt her? Now her only remaining son was hardly near but the Hervok knew that he was there, he would never leave her. The made her heart clench painfully in her chest. The only positive thing that had come to her was the fact that Mirren and Kite had returned. And while Kite was with child, the Hervok knew that it had happened before they had returned home, and the woman could accept that. What she couldn't accept was making it clear what she wanted to happen and then having it thrown in her face when they did exactly what she had told them not to do. However, those actions were now in the past and the golden brown woman was doing her best to keep negative thoughts away. The pack, once again, needed her to be strong.

Lost in her thoughts, she almost lost the call made for her. Immediately, her heart raced, her ears knowing the voice's tone. There was no need for her to think as her body moved on its own accord towards her son's voice, her body taking its mind of its own and a speed she hadn't used since a hunt before Hollow had disappeared. She huffed and pushed herself harder, a slight ache in the back of her leg as she did so. It didn't matter though, all that mattered was Pacem and making sure that she could take care of her son. When the mother arrived on the scene, her body moved to hover over her unconscious son, his single eye wide. He was so thin and unhealthy. She hated it.

Having no choice but to move him on her own, the mother firmly wrapped her jaws around the nap of his neck and lifted him from the ground, his easy weight a reminder of how malnourished he was. The woman would be sure to fix that. While her pace was slower now, it didn't deter her determination to help her beloved son. She moved towards the herbal den in hopes of assessing his conditions thoroughly before getting some food into his stomach. When she arrived in the herbal den, she set him down before quickly running to retrieve a small hare from the cache. She returned quickly to the den, but left the kill outside of the den in order to keep the medicine off of it. Noticing that her son had yet to regain consciousness, Nina regretfully crushed a few leaves and gently nudged them towards her boy, her own nose wrinkling in disgust at the smell emitted from the herbs. Hopefully, they would be enough to rouse her son from his slumber.

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Pacem Hervok
@Nina
It's a long road to wisdom,
but a short one to being ignored

Pacem remained somewhat aware of what was happening but it all felt like a dream as his mother picked him up and carried him safely within the confines of the Secret Woodlands territory. To him, it was just a dream as he imagined his brothers running around with him and playing. Oh how he missed his mother and brothers dearly. He even missed Unitas! He missed Koda and Miccah and Iopah and Aideen. He would miss them all and if he should ever return, he was done with wandering away. It had caused this to happen. Sweet scents of home tricked his nose as herb scents flooded his nostrils. It was like being back in the medicine den again...

The young prince caught the scent of something bitter and horrid that made his nose cringe in disgust as his eyes slowly cracked open, his stomach rumbling from the fierce hunger that had plagued him for far too long. "M... Mum?" He would ask as he dared his eyes to further present this hallucination to him. Could it be that his family had heard his call? "Mum? I... I missed you so much." His words were pained like the aches that coursed through his body. "I'm so sorry." His words were sincere as he looked at the one-eyed queen that he was honored to call his mother. "I shouldn't have wandered." That was what had caused the entire issue was him and his wanderlust. He weakly raised his head, looking around for Silentium and Unitas, hoping they would be around. Would anyone else come and follow the scents?

The hunger that he felt overtook him as his mind snapped to one thing. "Do you have any food?" His voice had a desperate sound as he looked around the medicine den. How had he gotten here anyway?

(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2015, 09:51 PM by Pacem.)
[Image: Pacem-greysig01.png]
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

It did not take long for her son to regain consciousness, knowing that it was hard not to be aroused from the bitter herbs. She smiled slightly, allowing Pacem's senses to adjust to the area around them. While he condition was not ideal, the mother was more than pleased to have him returned to her. His journey through what had happened would teach him for the future and that was the only reason Nina was grateful that he had embarked on such a hard, painful journey. His voice was strained as he spoke to her, and she answered, cooing at him, "Do not apologize, my love. What happened has happened and now it is time for you to get better." To answer his inquiry, Nina was quick to retrieve the hare she had bothered picking up, her single emerald eye focusing on her son.

Softly, she instructed him, "Do not eat too quickly...it will make you sick.  You are safe now." The moppet had returned home. While she was glad that he had returned, her heart once again evened itself out before he had left, Silentium long gone, with the traitors that thought they deserved the title of family. The thought made her glum, but she would not allow it to affect the joy she felt, knowing that Pacem was alive and had survived the harsh winter away from home. If anything, it was time for mother and son to reconnect and understand what had happened during the winter.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Pacem Hervok
It's a long road to wisdom,
but a short one to being ignored

His mother would give him food and he would take no time to devour the entire thing. He would have swallowed it whole has his mother warned him not to eat it too fast and make him sick. He had so desperately craved some type of food for who knew how long now, barely sustaining himself on what he could find and scavenge. When he finished gnawing the hare to the bone, he looked up at his mother. He would offer her an apologetic look. “I heard Miccah’s voice calling me and I thought I was following it. But… the storm picked up and I wasn’t sure which direction I was heading.” He started to explain what had happened to him during the winter. He was eager to share his experiences with her because while he had nearly died, he had had quiet the adventure.

“But when the storm died I found myself in this HUGE ravine and there was another pup there that was lost too. I helped her find food and all but then we parted ways. I ran into another pup too, but he was mean. After that, I kinda wandered and was harder to find food. Then… well… I turned up here.” His words gave him a small shudder as he educed all that had happened. "What happened here while I was gone?" The boy wondered what had happened. He wondered when he would be able to see Miccah and Koda and Iopah again. He wondered when he could see his brothers again as well, even Unitas. They were family and Pacem now was proud to admit he understood the importance of family.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She was glad to see that her son had an appetite, a sign that showed that he truly had not been completely starved and had gotten use to not having anything to eat. It would have caused a problem in and of itself, trying to get his body to adjust to meat again. His story did not make much sense to Nina, but she nodded her encouragement, knowing that it must be difficult for him to completely gather his thoughts at the time being. However, his next question stroke uncertainty within the woman, her singular eye dimming in comparison to the joy she had felt for finding her son. Uncomfortably, she cleared her throat, unsure of how to proceed with his question. She had taught all three of her children that the pack law always came first, no matter what, and as it turned out, her most loyal son had ended up turning his back on her. She figured the best thing she could do, was tell the truth. He deserved that and whatever decision he made after would be up to him, and she would accept that.

Her voice was soothingly soft as she answered, not wanting to cause unwanted panic, "A little while after you left, there was tension within the pack. Koda approached me, asking if it would be alright if he and Iopah had children together come spring. As you know, the law says that only pack leaders breed…so I told him no. He went against my wishes and did so. I told them to leave…and in the end…Silentium went with them." She was silent for a moment, her voice taking on painful tones when speaking of Silentium, a reminder that all of her children had left the nest… How horrible of a mother was she? Sighing, she continued, "I had quite literally lost my mind…Mirren and Kite came back…and Mirren is helping me regain my sanity once more. He truly is the saint in all of this… He is basically a brother to you, Pacem." Mirren was practically her son, she had raised him to the best of her ability and had watched over him and his siblings before they were even born. Hollow’s sons were lucky to have such an inspiring man to look up to. Silently, she waited for his response, he pelt itching in anticipation.

Inactive No Rank
Pacem Hervok

The young boy listened carefully to his mother's words as he tried to wrap his head around what she had just told him. Koda. Iopah. Si. They were all gone? How could this be? How could Koda and Iopah be traitors? The grief and disbelief were present on his face as he looked to his mom. "Why did they do it mum? I thought they were our friends... and how could Si do this to you... to us?" He was so completely confused as he hoped his mum would have answers for him. She told him of this saint who was like a brother to him. I've always wanted an older brother. The words hit him as he realized he hadn't know Ashton or Tacoma. "Can I meet him, mum? Him and Kite? The boy wanted to get back into pack life as fast as he could. He had missed it so much.

He thought about what to say. "What about everyone else, mum? How is Tas and Aideen and Miccah?" He asked with his usual curiosity. His mind was shutting down the fact that the three of them were gone by going into a state of denial where he could distract from the subject that caused him pain. He looked to her, eager to tell her, in more detail, about the adventures he had been on. There had been Noble and Kova, whom he may or may not have known were in the enemy pack whom had almost threatened war on them.

Drinking from a paper cup, you won't remember this

PACEM HERVOK

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The alpha did not know how to answer her son’s questions. In truth, she did not know the answers to the question herself. She still felt torn on the inside, knowing that her former mate and best friend, along with her son, had left her. So she remained silent, her single emerald eye staring almost lifelessly at her son. Her son, seemingly ready to move onto another topic, switched over to Kite and Mirren. She was grateful for this topic change, much preferring to talk about the ones who mattered more now. At the mention of Mirren and Kite, a ghost of a smile appeared on the Hervok’s lips. She was pleased with how far Mirren had come from being a pup and now he was as soon to be father. Of how many, Nina did not know, but it slightly scared her to realize that even though he was her adoptive son, she was going to be a grandmother. The mother had taken Kite in as much as she had once raised Mirren. Softly, Nina spoke, "Of course you can meet them! You just need to regain your strength first." Her tail wagged behind her, happy that her son was safely within pack lands again. She clung onto the hope that Unitas and Pacem would remain with her, even if she knew that if she had to, she would let them go. Nina would never stand in the way of their happiness.

His next question brought a sadness of its own. A reminder that Aideen still was not back from wherever she had disappeared from. With a sigh, she answered her son’s question, "Aideen is still missing, but Miccah is still searching for her. He is well, as is your brother. I believe they are a bit shaken up over what has happened, but hopefully soon, everyone will be able to regain their footing." A kind smile was the only thing the mother could muster as she watched her child. There would be a long road ahead for all of them, but if they stuck together and continued to be honest with one another, they would endure. All they had to do was cling to hope and the love that they could offer one another. Any kind of betrayal would not be tolerated.