728 Users Online
Bing, Google

The boy who blocked his own shot. — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
I'm the worst.

The words felt strange coming out of Serach's mouth, and sounded even stranger to his ears. He spoke so seldom these days that he had forgotten what his voice actually sounded like. He couldn't remember the last time he had spoken so much, and certainly could not remember the last time he had talk about something so personal. He felt so distant from most of the members of the Bend these days that he was shocked with himself that he had even made the impromptu decision to share with Darrah a bit of his family history. Although, he mused as he watched his cousin try and digest the news, it was Darrah's family history as well. The black yearling might not even be here if it had not been for the tragedy that had befallen the Swift River wolves so many years ago. He nodded his head in silent response to Darrah's stammered thank you. It had been a lot to unload for Serach emotionally, and he had no doubts that it was a lot for his younger cousin to take in and process.

But the reason for the conversation was Drestig, and the younger boy was quick to return to Drestig's situation. Although he was only just now nearing full adulthood, Serach himself had experienced a lifetime's worth of tragedy. It was not an easy process of recovery, as evidenced by Serach's stubborn refusal to give up the hunt for his brother, but every day was a little bit better. "I think so," he answered with a gentle shrug of his shoulder. Was he certain? Absolutely not, but Drestig was strong and would no so easily give up his own will to live. "It definitely won't be easy. It's never easy to lose somebody you love," he continued, trying to muster more confidence in his voice than how he felt remembering his own losses. "But it's easier when you've got others who care about you. Drestig is lucky that he has you, even if all you can do is just sit with him. It makes a difference, I promise." That's what had gotten him through the death of his mother - the comforting presence of Triell and Jessie, even if their words could not make him feel any better.

Hoisting himself off his haunches, Serach shook himself, sending a few bits of debris flying. "Do you want to go find Drestig now? Together?" It seemed appropriate after their discussion, and it would help to take their minds off whatever they had each retreated to the Woods to think about.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Not only am I just as bad, if not worse.. But I also suck at ending threads!! I apologize for the wait! D:

A warm smile emerged from Darrah's raven-esque muzzle whilst listening to Serach talk. Somehow, the prince couldn't help but feel guilty for taking so long to interact with this specific family member, they could've really used each other during their emotional struggles. Nevertheless, here the two were now, and the Tainn promised he'd try hard in the future to form such a bond with the cream-ish figure. 'No point in sulking over the past..' maintaining his warm glow, the future heir began holding high hopes in regards to a slightly more positive fate for the cousins. 'Maybe it's the location, is the Bend under a curse?'

Listening to Serach talk of the pain that came along with losing a loved one sure brought him back to his own deprivations, and he wondered just how different he'd be now had someone taken the time to console him just a bit more. No harsh feelings were felt toward anyone individually, the prince knew all too well that everyone else suffered alongside of him, but the thought still piqued his curiosity. 'That's the very reason I have to talk to Drestig.. He was the only one who..' shuddering, the boy halted his train of thought. Going on would only make him more emotional; cause more influence to shed tears. He didn't want to cry in front of his cousin, not yet. "Thank you, It means a lot knowing that there's a way to..." bowing, the boy discontinued himself once more.

Serach's sudden movement startled the yearling, though was easily forgotten when he began  to speak again. "Of course!" he grinned, grateful for the offer. Having someone along side him to help, that would be just the boost of confidence he needed! Wasting no time, the Tainn launched himself up and began to lead the way. "Thank you.." he smiled, hoping that this act would effortlessly bring the pair closer. "Not just for accompanying me, but for taking the time to talk with me as well.."

Trotting along, the boy could imagine a bright new beginning for himself, and it involved his cousin too.

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.