654 Users Online
Google, Chan, Bing, Aven

Tickle Me Elmo — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
OOC: Sorry for how late this is!

All at once the poor male's demeanor seemed to change. It was a development the woman had hardly been expecting – she'd hardly expected for him to take her so seriously, though she was grateful for it. Rae truly meant what she had said. Her face warped with concern as the deflated words spilled from his lips. Urien was not the intrepid argonaut he had first appeared to be. As soon as the man's depressed rumbling ceased he was falling; slumping down against the earth and revealing more about himself than she ever could have asked for. The empathy burned in her veins, and the woman would have cried out any number of comforting words had he not chosen to continue; it was plain on her masked face. Onward his tongue flickered; fully exposing the male's plight. Just like her, he was. Just like that winter...

When it seemed he was finished speaking, the woman's whole body had practically leaned in with attention. New light found her previously muted eyes. If anything could wake her up, give her purpose; it was providing for another. The words were all too ready to slip out. “But this pack- they would take you. They took me when I was weak and thin – and in the dead of winter while their children had been lost in a storm. I was nothing more than a burden then; anyone could see that. But they did it anyway. Weak as I was I promised to help them look, and that was all they needed from me.” Her tumbling words came to a halt; eyes searching his patterned face for understanding. “If you help them they will help you. Promise that and they won't turn you away, I swear.” It was a solemn vow; and despite her earlier apprehension she held his gaze. This was serious. Her neck craned down and forward; as if she was trying to convince a child. Raela just couldn't leave him out here alone – couldn't leave herself out here alone. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Ash who has 42 posts.
Inactive
Urien Castell
If Urien had been more a male wolf, and less a snake than what he actually was - perhaps he would have been moved. There was a tenderness about the female that reminded him of what he had used to spy on - believing that it was a requirement to be brought to the pass. His head seemed to tilt as he realized that he was being spoken to with the good intentions of a woman who had no idea what she was promising.

And he seized it, knowing that she would be the one to suffer. Her bad choices, not his, would be what would be her downfall and thus there was no missing the sharp shine in his eyes as he seemed to stare at her in shock. In a time of crisis, justice and crimson judgement is swift. It was an allowance, but he found it not to apply here - evidently, her pack was not in crisis at the moment. Does the breathless fool dare to hope? When he feels like things could not improve - it's not, no, such things should be not fallen upon the shoulders of a pack to build a man up when he's fallen so low...

While there was no mistaking that there was hesitation, he took the consideration quite seriously. This was a situation in which he thought it would be appropriate to blossom within, and his mouth watered with the excitement. Yes, it would be wise. It would be a choice not to be able to miss for even the briefest of moments. Ears swung on his head, and he took a few steps back, his eyes dropping toward the ground. A home... The words tipped off his lips, and he offered a whine.

Prayers never get answered in my world, for the sky's always burdened with too much... His confession was soft, but it was clear that his tail swished, and he nodded his head once. A sacrifice must be made to lay arms with the condemned...? Presents for the deceived, why, it seemed appropriate enough.
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

At first, the only evidence that the loner had heard and truly understood her words was a mere tilt of the head. But, as she went on, it evolved into a look of shock. He spoke; a never-ending waterfall of peculiar words and hard to reach meaning. Just as expected. Unexpected, was his slow retreat. Urien turned from her, choosing instead to stare thoughtfully into the ground. All the while she remained seated; searching for some indication toward his choice. The quiet murmur of the loner's voice, followed by a mournful whine, had the pack wolf's ears falling with concern. He probably hadn't been offered a home at all since leaving wherever he was from. More strange phrases left the man's mouth as another tundra breeze slid between them. 

When it seemed he was leaning against it, a simple wag of the agouti wolf's tail told otherwise. Her expression lifted, eyes coming to meet him as he turned. Raela's brows seemed to crease as she deciphered his last utterance. With an unsure tone, the subordinate answered. “Sacrifice?” Wierdo. “I hardly think we're condemned, but an offering would definitely put you in better standing with the Alphas.” A smile dared return to her face at the thought. Condemned? That's funny. What isn't funny about him though? Then another idea crossed the woman's mind, and she also rose to her feet. “If you'd like to go get your “sacrifice,” I'll go back to the pack and tell them you'll be coming.” A chuckle slipped through her grin at the word. What a strange encounter this had been. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2015, 08:38 PM by Raela.)
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Ash who has 42 posts.
Inactive
Urien Castell
Eyes seemed to be searching for a way to try and make the answers most sensible, but his lips would not curl around it. No, he would hardly be able to make sense of it - so he found his head bobbing as he graciously accepted the expectations that were laid out for him. It was a reasonable thing, and he blinked at the notion that she corrected him about a sacrifice. Concern clouded his eyes, unsure if she was serious or not on the matter - after all, he would happily bring another wolf's leg to show his ability to win.

Not that such would be easy, but he was willing to try!

When she rose, he visibly jumped. Ears never fell from their position, but he looked at her with a keen wariness. Was this a trap? Was what was being expected about to fall on his head and exhaust him in every way, shape and form? Such was not something he would have liked to give, and he lowered himself faintly to the ground as the warning stirred in his head. Be careful, be careful! For who knew where this was going to go.

But he seemed to make a decision, and his head nodded. He would follow her scent through the grasses, but his head swiveled around in a thoughtful gesture; Which way does fate beckon? It was no matter, but the notion that he had to settle for an offering. Perhaps he would bring some mice - mice were nice, sweet meat. He liked the way their brains squished out of -

Well, focus was probably more appropriate. If he engaged in play time, then there was a chance he would forget that he was being expected. Yipping, he bounced on his front legs, and took off, circling around her at wide open speeds three times, before crying, Quick, quick before it all burns to the ground! But the glee was evident, and he shot to go find what would be considered an appropriate offering.

Hopefully he did not get slaughtered himself before ever making it to the borders.

-