(See All?) Announcements
699 Users Online
Bing

Indulgences ;; Exploring New Ground
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Malorie who has 3 posts.
Inactive
Jesear

Assertive golden hues indulged themselves as the exuberant male sauntered - delicate snow flakes clung to his ebony coat. Ominous clouds shadowed him overhead, rendering the sun's rays useless as they failed to penetrate them. Jesear's muscles rippled under his pelt as he padded along. His large paws sunk into the tiny, white devils that piled upon each other. Halting beneath a large Conifer, the Valley Wolf shook out his shaggy fleece. Dipping his bulky dome, he sniffed at the opposing ice coating the ground. A series of scents plagued his nose as he did so, picking up distinct scents that caused his ears to twitch. Allowing his dome to remain low, he stalked under the hundreds of Conifers that managed to offer him temporary shelter from the frigid weather. A raven's distinct call sounded above him, a warning for unprotected prey that may lurk near. Huffing into the snow, he sneezed at the particles inhaled by his action.

The Mountain of Dire was one that the young brute had yet to explore; even so, it seemed that the Mountain was that of a scared, undiscovered place. The landscape stretched well above his head, even as he was a rather exuberant wolf - standing taller than most his kind. Shaking out his pelt once more, he strained his harks to reach their maximum field of hearing. Only petty rushed movements of inferior mammals caught his attention, but soon he found himself ignoring them. Ruins of Wildwood was new. Jesear was eager to start anew, masking his past with the present. An opening in the forest ascended his dome upward, golden orbs taking in everything but giving away nothing. Scanning the clearing, he hesitated before descending forth.

(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2015, 07:36 PM by Jesear. Edit Reason: Formatting )
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
There was someone nearby. Well, nearby was a relative turn, Desideria decided, but a keen sense of smell could detect a great deal of things. At first, it was too far for the scout in training to depart from her self-assigned post, and she simply contented herself to patrol the borders claimed by the Fallen Tree Cove pack. But as time passed, the scent slowly got stronger. There was a stranger descending from the crown of Dire, slowly getting closer and closer to the staked land. Only a fool would cavort along a pack's borders, but perhaps her curiosity would be too strong to allow the male to get that close.

Picking up her paws, the female brushed along over hill and pine, departing her homeland as she pushed her nose into the wind. It was too far to track the loner by sound alone, but a wriggling snout was a fine leader indeed. Slowly, she descended the sparsely forested slop, often checking the air and recalibrating her direction as she sought ought the loner who trekked close to her home.

Eventually, the sound of paw pads crushing dried pine needles caught her ears, and the small female drew to a halt. Auds pressed forward, she billowed her cheeks in a few soft chuffs, alerting the other wolf as she dragged her flag high above her back. "Are you lost?" she questioned, August eyes seeking out the other wolf. "Not a lot of folks chose to actually cross the mountain, you know."

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive
Jesear

Adjusted bright golden orbs continued to take in everything around him as he padded farther away from his makeshift den. The Mountains were distanced at this point, looming shadows lurking in the night. Snorting once again, the overwhelming scent of his own kind soon invaded his olfactory sensors. Raising his dome to his looming height, curiosity and frustration of the unknowing overcame him. Jes desperately wished to know where he was, and if he was even welcome here. The wolven he expired from were vicious, cold-hearted beasts that he no longer wished to stomach.    

Well aware of the other's presence, the sweet stench merely grew stronger - Jesear's harks perked forward and his tail remained low. She was near, though he failed to see her. Abruptly, she appeared, alerting him with diminutive noises toward his direction. Slowing to a lumbering stop, he lowered his dome as he dipped his dome in gentlemen-like respects. His bright golden hues seemingly glowed through the atmosphere, regardless, it was merely an optical allusion. Harks forward, he began to take in her bodice. The fae was small, several centimeters smaller than he. Though, by the smell of it, she originated from a pack not far from here.

Foolish of him, wondering onto sacred, unknown lands without any knowledge of his endeavors. So, instead of appearing hostile, the young male was respectful, even for his mischievous age. "Apologies, madam, if I intrude." He paused, his voice a rich and deep baritone, "It seems that I am, indeed, lost. Or more so that I seek new lands. I come from over the Mountains, of a land far from here." Cracking a small, diminutive smile, he mused, "The Mountains were something of my caliber that I can effortlessly journey across, for I was raised upon one myself. Regardless, If you don't mind me asking, where am I?" Tilting his head slightly, the exuberant male studied her intently.

(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2015, 09:49 PM by Jesear.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Fortunately, her warning was not used against her. As the scout in training slipped forth from the slender pines, the young male stopped and greeted her with a small nod. It might still be a dangerous situation yet – who knew if the loner was trustworthy? Who knew if he was healthy, or if he was simply playing a trick? Desideria held her ground – and thankfully, this did not involve any sort of physical confrontation.

"What? Madam? No, no, you got me all wrong! I ain't an alpha or anything – just a scout…'er, a scout in training, I guess," she corrected herself – it would be awful if Namid heard down the grapevine her subordinate was claiming a position that wasn't rightfully hers. "I, uh, yeah – anyways, I'm Des, of Fallen Tree Cove. The pack's lands are a bit further down the slope – we live in the pine forests and along the lake's shore. My alphas wouldn't like intrusion, I don't think."

With a new family bumbling about, a rogue loner within their held grounds would certainly rub them the wrong way. Vespertio was an impressive individual – but hell hath no fury like a mother separated from her cubs. As much as she adored the Star Dancer, Des could only imagine what her friend might become if her new children were put in harm's way. "But this is the Mountain of Dire. There's another pack on the other side of the mountain – alpha's real mean, though, I don't think I'd go that way if I were you. What's your name? What're you looking for? Maybe I can help you out."

Hey! Is there any chance you could use a lighter color for your font? I just have a really hard time seeing the maroon against the black background... Sorry! D:
Inactive
Jesear

The welcoming smile creasing his lips did not falter as she began to speak, harks swiveling completely toward the mistress as she carried on talking. It wasn't like Jesear minded her explanations, for it was information he pried for rather than small talk. Lowering himself onto his haunches, his exuberant and muscular form sat politely before her. Cocking his dome to the side, he appeared confused for the way he treated any lady was by compliment and kindness. "I apologize, for I am confused. I call all ladies Madam, Alpha or not. I would be rude if I didn't."

Jesear squared his shoulders and puffed out his chest, raising his head high before dipping it; he held his paw to his ebony chest as he bowed before Desideria. "I am Jesear, descending from the Mountain of Dusk - though I am not sure if you would know of such a sacred land." Yawning, he abruptly stood to his large paws, noticeable muscles rippling, "Oh, if I need to take my leave, I will do so. If you insist on assisting me, however. I left Dusk due to the fact rebellion struck and pack members fled - I being one. Though I'm not sure how you could help, for all I am looking for is a place I can.. call home." Jesear's voice was rich with sorrow, though it lacked a more lackadaisical tone. The brute stood tall and assertive once again, though not overly so it would seem he was overbearing.

Hello! ;w; I fixed it, I hope it is more presentable now and that you can read it better! Thank you for telling me. c:
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"I…oh. Really? No one's ever called me 'madam' before. It's usually 'hey you' or 'One Ear' or, if I'm really lucky, they'll call me by my name, you know? But the place I grew up was crueler than this. More opportunity in the woods of Relic Lore than in the Desert Expanse," she hummed, following Jesear's lead as she sat. Her slender tail wrapped around her haunches, the female sitting at attention as the younger wolf puffed himself up. No older than Kajika, she thought with a small smile, wondering if it was perhaps the time of year adult males began to disperse from their natal packs.

His bow was met with a sunny smile and a short dip of her own crown, the tip of her tail wriggling in excitement. "You have very nice manners, for a loner," she noted with a twinkle in her eye, remaining in her relaxed position even as the large, muscled male stood. "I'm afraid I've never heard of that mountain, though. You must be far from here – haven't see mountains in a long, long time…and none by that name."

What was living on a mountain like, she often wondered. After all, the lake wolves lived in the shadow of a giant, much less hospitable than the water source they gathered around. The vagrant must be a skilled survivalist indeed, to grow to such an impressive size with the odds stacked against him.

Humming softly, she grinned again – it seemed many loners sought this. Perhaps it really was the summer sun that prompted them to seek new places of refuge. "You don't need to go, not yet. I'm just a scout in training – wouldn't look good if I let loners just wander in, right? But, I'll help you if I can! The pack south of here, the wolves on the plateau – they're very aggressive, mean. Wouldn't go down that way if I were you. Honestly? I quite like my pack – my alphas are very fair, and just, and kind if the situation calls for it. I'm in training, like I said, but that's my own choice. Never been made to do something I didn't want…can't say the packs I lived in before weren't like that."

Des paused for a breath, and then tipped her head to one side. "But, suppose I could help more if I knew what you wanted out of a home?"

Ahhh, thank you so much! That's so much easier to read. ;w; <333
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health