Google, Bing, Neo, Enera

Whatever will be, will be — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
@Gent sorry for the wait ^-^
[---]

Mountains were mighty, harsh and rough. After the lost lake he had travelled further. Enjoying the sight of above a bit longer. Sleeping in the heights of the mountains, a bit further away from the ground and a bit closer to the stars. But even birds had to land on the earth, so did the Artic male as he made his way down to Secluded Springs.

The weathered had favored him with a bright sun and a beautiful sky. But his throat was dry after the high mountains and the lack of water. Rocks weren’t so kind towards the travelling animals that crossed its borders. The lake hidden within the mountains had lessened his thirst for several days but now it dried up again. Alphinaud licked his lips as he saw the greens approach and the grey of the rocks fade. Water was nearby and soon he would drink away the thirst and wash the dirt from his now slightly greyish pelt. His white coat was stunning bright but easily covered and darkened by dirt and other things. Phin shook his whole body, letting the dust particles shimmer in the sunlight. He looked at the ground. The dark prints in the ground reminded him of rabbits. The track seemed old and the smell was faint. But it might meant water nearby and Phin took a deep sniff of the air. Yes, it should be more west from him but he could walk that far. The day was still young after all.

Oh, sweet water. His pink tongue lapped the cold sweetness into his muzzle. This place was heaven. But only because his mind felt like exaggerating as the thirst had finally stopped whining in his head. The cool liquid dripped from his chin, rippled around his legs as he stood in the spring. He even saw some fish around here, which made his stomach growl in anticipation. Although fishing wasn’t particular his forte, his expertise had been rabbits and squirrels, it wouldn’t hurt to find lunch. The moose carcass shared with Miskwaa and Ziigwan had been a great help for several days. A few short hunts along the way had kept his stomach at ease. But the mountains hadn’t given him many hunt opportunities. Let alone scavenge for anything worthwhile. Maybe he should take a little break before he continued with his travels. This place felt welcoming.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
After conferring with Minka on several matters of Round Stone Crest's, Gent had discovered that Chulyin was now considered an enemy to him. Upon hearing his name, the newly-appointed king had made an attempt to argue for the man's character; only to discover that the crimes he'd been accused of were enough to cause a scowl of disgust and a permanent stain upon the memory of a wolf who had once been a role model to the Lieris heir. Gent could only agree that should Naira's brother ever come slinking near, he should be chased away for the safety of the pack.

Yet, being reminded of his past mentor, discovering how wicked he'd really been, had given Gent another nauseating bout of nostalgia to deal with. Thus, with a word to @Minka that he would be scouting Eastward for the day and a check-in with @Astraeus to ensure that the borders would be all the more vigilantly protected while he was absent, the alpha set out for the Secluded Spring.

Upon reaching the destination, the memories swam lazily in his head, passing in and out of his conscious and quite content to float around all day rather than leave him be. He remembered that incredibly harsh winter, when he had been flying Hollow Heart Keep's banner with the naive, selfish pride of his yearling days. How he and Chulyin would constantly strike out in search of food, bonding with each trip. The Nyanquet sibling had taught Gent quite a bit about survivalism, and as Gent's travel-worn paws stepped into the fresh-fed waters, he recalled the particular trip to this very place where Chulyin had given him lessons in fishing.

It wasn't necessarily missing his past comrades that had brought Gent here. Rather, the new knowledge of the evil that had slumbered within the Hollow Heart Keep guardian was causing the man to reflect on the differences between the Keep and the Crest, Naira and Minka, the children and Aponi, himself as a yearling opposed to where he stood now; past versus present. So much had turned so quickly, and while he had known Naira's pack to be the premier pack in which to hone his skills, it all might have been for a worse result. He wouldn't have @Raela, wouldn't have @Marianna and Kino and Draven. He would've stayed selfish, would've grew wrathful, would've been a violent king. While those things weren't entirely erased from his being, their blades had been dulled; swords into ploughs, if you will. Gent knew how to bend now, to be flexible and appreciate those around him. He knew that it took genuine heart to lead a pack, a successful pack, thanks to the loss of Hollow Heart Keep.

Raising his eyes, the blue black mammoth was pulled from his thoughts when he realized that he was not alone. Across the way, on the opposing side of the large collection of water, stood a man of opposing colors. Glacial eyes studied him in silence, taking in stature and any possible hints toward his personality that could be gleaned from posture, movement and expression. Once he felt that this wolf did not currently pose a threat to him, Gent let out a single bark. The sound skipped across the water's surface to land in Alphinaud's ears, a very simple and noncommittal 'hello.'
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
The heat in his throat cooled down, he could feel the liquid run down through his body and streams of water over the fur around his chest and muzzle. It felt amazing to feel such refreshment after a few days he couldn’t describe it in words. Like starving for a good three days and a half when you suddenly stumble upon a carcass with only birds to chase away. Alphinaud always thought it were the little things in life that made him treasure this life so much. Little moments of happiness and long moments of fighting yourself and the world. But in the end that made it so great, because he was still alive.

It was a black figure that that made Alphinaud roll out of his moment of happiness with a single bark. Amber eyes crossed the spring to meet another stranger, one who looked in every aspect different from his previous meetings. His pelt black as the night sky but eyes lighter than de sky. To put it bluntly it was a stunning sight to see. The contrast in those two elements made his fur even blacker and his eyes brighter. Larger by nature the black stranger could be a possible danger for him. The Artic wolf took a cautious step back, just in case. Even though he thought it unlikely for the stranger to immediately charge for his throat, he did not take chances. He had met only a few wolves till now, most of them friendly or at least tolerating his passing. However, he did not doubt the fact that he might not be as lucky. Then again, this guy had dropped down out of nowhere with a greeting in advance. Sort of advance.

Phin let a short bark out in return, remaining to observe the black male in his turn. The smells he could pick out from his distance were very different from the wolves he had met till now. There was more, there was variety. Different from @Miskwaa and @Ziigwan who had only their scents in their pelt. Their home scent lessened with time. His own scent was the only thing that had remained after months that Phin had left home. For all he could assume this stranger seemed to be more confident in his position. More familiar with where he was. While Alphinaud still felt like a stranger wherever he put his paws. It was exciting, it was new but the feeling of belonging had yet to descent on him. ‘I didn’t expect a visit today.’ He said nonchalant as he dipped his head in a nod of acknowledgement. ‘Hopefully it will be a pleasant one?’’
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
His eyes never lowered, instead continuously monitoring the other even after the white male acknowledged him. Gent waited, curious as to whether this other wolf would continue their interaction or leave things be. Either scenario would be acceptable to him, given his mood on this day. When he those white jaws open, the words traveling lazily across the spring, Gent's ears flicked forward and the alpha rose to his full, towering height. Little inflection passed over his features, and a moment of still silence overtook the duo before the Round Stone leader decided to move.

Wordlessly, he walked the perimeter of the water's shore to make his way to this stranger. There was nothing aggressive in his stride, though he also made no effort to lessen the any natural harshness that might be woven into his appearance. His crown remained as high as any king deserved to hold it, and his tail swayed loosely behind him, rather than pinned between his hocks. Once close enough conversation, Gent halted and eased into a reclined position.

It seemed his company felt the same as his, willing to speak or move along however the dice were rolled. Therefor, he had made the decision. Gent wanted to pursue a conversation, to allow someone to pull him from the less tasteful reverie his mind had fallen into. Dwelling on the past would do him no good. Perhaps speaking with a fresh face could. Hell, perhaps he could even make a friend. It seemed to be a thing of his now, something he was quite unused to.

"Depends. Are you a pleasant wolf?"
(This post was last modified: Jun 29, 2015, 05:54 PM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
There was something in the black stranger that made him different. It was the way he walked, something about the feeling his whole body seemed to emit was different from what Alphinaud had experienced in this land. The white male regarded him with curious amber as the stranger approached. Maybe it was a high ranked wolf from a pack, as it would explain the several scents of wolf in his pelt. But there was no way he would know for sure. But that was what made the curiosity in him grow. The black body held no aggressive signs, it did ease his senses. He was not a negative thinking guy but he was a realistic wolf and knew when an opponent would have the upper-hand.

The comment caught him totally off guard though. Phin blinked for a second before he barked out a laugh. He definitely had not expected such a reaction. ‘I like to think I’m a pleasant wolf.’ He said with a grin. ‘Of course that is just a personal opinion, but hopefully you will agree with me.’ It was never wrong to have multiple friends in Alphinauds mind. After all, for a rogue like him it was never bad to be on someone’s good list. You never knew when you needed the help or when someone could get you out of trouble. And being a rogue could be rather lonely too. He wondered if the black male would be in for a pleasant conversation, because he wouldn’t fail on his part.

255 words

{ ooc notesSorry short post T-T
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The other man humored him with a heartfelt laugh, the sound skipping about on the water to resound in his ears for a brief moment. Gent returned this amusement his companion expressed by broadening his small smile ever so slightly. Yes, it seemed this was just another run of the mill traveler, out and about for personal reasons that may or may not have consumed him but nonetheless had not sickened his mind toward hysteria nor ill temper. More and more, Gent felt comfortable and visibly relaxed. His mind turned away from the negative, persistent thoughts of his long past mentor and instead focused itself even further on this stranger before him. Questions began to swim their way to the top, pushing down those concerning Chulyin which had previously been so dominant. While they were here, while the air was warm and clean and the water ebbed at the banks peacefully, Gent decided he may as well get to know this wolf.

"What's your name, then? How long've you been wanderin' out here?" he asked him, the first of all foremost questions. There was a moment's pause here, before the king remembered his manners and swiftly offered, "I'm Gent."

(This post was last modified: Jul 13, 2015, 10:15 PM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
It seemed his opposite knew what humor is, Alphinaud thought as he saw the smile growing on the black face. It was certainly a better sight than possible danger. He hoped the black male would give him more witty surprises. In the past it used to be his sister who possessed the quick wit, the sharp tongue. While he used to be more passive, actually still is. He liked to say he was more subtle and mannered than his sister. No he could settle for a good talk and acquaint himself with this stranger.  ‘I’m Alphinaud Lothaire.’ He said with a proud puff of his chest. He might not be royalty in his home but he wore the name of his mother with pride.  ‘I’ve been here about a moon long, slightly longer.’ He tilted his head in thought, yes a moon had already passed. Time surely went fast when you were busy. He felt like he had seen so much, from the flowerbeds in Fireweed Rise to the sudden appearance of the Lost Lake. Everything in his body said there was so much left to explore, so many wolves too meet. If this was only a moons time he could imagine him spending years in these lands, without getting bored.

‘A pleasure to meet you Gent.’ He said with a nod but with a sincere smile. ‘I’m probably not the first new passerby you meet here. I’ve met several kinds of wolves. Some are just like me, passing through or finding a home. Or they follow a pack like the Willow Ridge pack, if I remember correctly.’ The glint in his eyes twinkled with excitement as he remembered the spar with @Enoki. It was surely a different experience in fighting so far. Then again the woman had several years of life experience ahead of him.  ‘If you don’t mind asking me, what kind of wolf are you?’

318 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The man immediately supplied his calling, a name that was long, sophisticated - perhaps even obnoxiously so. It made him all the more curious, wondering if the wolf before him came from a long line of royals or perhaps just a pauper who wished such things. It didn't matter all that much, truly, just as the man had explained to Chemical when first meeting the boy at the palisades. Once you came to the Lore, once you escaped the shield of your family, your name didn't mean shit if it wasn't already established in one of the packs here. Still, he wondered, for every detail better pieced together this stranger.

Gent regarded the man with a smile, tucking away the reference to this unknown alliance Willow Ridge for further questioning later while he focused on the inquiry asked of him. What kind of wolf was he?

"The king sort," he introduced, unable to thoroughly disguise his pride. Why should he? He'd earned the right to wave that banner so young, and was doing a damn good job of keeping it all aloft. "I lead a pack to the north. I was here just to... dwell on some thoughts."

Thoughts that grew more and more irrelevant with every passing moment, he was glad to recognize. "I used to be new to the Lore as well, and yes, I've seen many come and go in my time. It's quite the hub for travelers, and I've learned not to assume. What's keeping you from settling down with a home?"
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
The black Gent referred to himself as a King, causing Alphinaud to have his eyes widen in surprise. The man obviously felt pride in his status and Phin could understand why if Gent was truly a King. Even with his new knowledge he couldn’t feel much different about Gent. The man was good company and anything but awkward to converse with, even if he was a King he didn’t seem to throw his title to everybody and anybody. Amber eyes moved to look north, past Gent’s shoulder as if he could see the pack from this distance. He wondered what kind pack it would be, there were quite some packs scattered over the place. Even more than he possibly imagined when he stepped into this realm. His eyes moved back to meet the lighter pair of eyes. ‘I didn’t intrude on your moment of silence, I hope?’ The white male tilted his head questioningly. He knew the feeling to exclude yourself to be alone with your thoughts. Sometimes you needed time alone, be alone and think things through without any distractions. Whatever good intentions it might be, sometimes they couldn’t help with the thoughts that would float in your mind.

A short chuckle rumbled from his white throat. ‘This is a rather beautiful place to visit, would be a shame to pass by.’ Since the moment he had stepped into the Lore Alphinaud had seen more and less than everything on his journey. There was so much variety, so many places. He sincerely believed he could spend here till the day he died and still not know every secret this realm offered. And that said something, he was still a young male after all. A light smile graced his features. ‘I’m a rather committed wolf, if I settle down I intend to have it last forever. So far I have been a bit distracted by all the new things around here to look into a good home.’  And so far he hadn’t found anything comfortable enough to ease his walking feet. He was not an Argonaut by heart, he liked order and routine but he would wander until he found his new home. Stay there until the day he would puff out his last breath. That was what he intended to do, if life would let him live such a peaceful life was still up for discussion.

391 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Alphinaud's gentlemanly concern of Gent's solitary wishes brought a very small smile upon his maw. How different this wolf was from the men known in his past. The king found that he very much enjoyed such company, and shook his head once at the inquiry.

"Nah," he answered dismissively. "I'm actually quite grateful for the interference. They're thoughts best forgotten."

It was all he would expand upon the matter, but still allowing that much to pass by his lips was a subtle extension of trust to this other man. Feeling relaxed and assured around him, Gent felt there was nothing sneaking under the skin of the pale pelted wolf before him to mistrust. In other words, the shield always placed between himself and strangers was already beginning to grow smaller as their conversation casually carried on.

His ears swiveled about, talking a break from their discourse to quickly scan the surroundings. Waterborne marmots and airborne fowl alike created a subtle soundtrack, the day unmarred in its peace and, as his company commented, the beauty of their surroundings completely undisturbed. Satisfied that they were still safe to carry on without vigilance, Gent took into consideration Alphinaud's answer. It was a sentiment that he very much supported, as the king felt the same way in nearly every aspect of his life. Only once had he failed to be so diligent, when in the throes of loss he had appealed to Minka, swearing himself to Black Thorn Downs without a hint of knowledge about them. Luckily for the leviathan, things had worked out beautifully regardless.

"I respect that," he answered. "Allegiances aren't trivial, and sure as hell aren't supposed to be temporary. Few wolves remember that nowadays, unfortunately. Makes for quite a pain, sorting out the genuine from those who'll turn their backs on you in a moment's notice."

There was a moment of thoughtful silence then, during which Gent's eyes turned to the sky to track the sun's progress. Unfortunately, it would seem he had spent too much time here at the water's edge. Determining that it was best to depart now to be able to tuck the little ones in for the night, he hoisted himself up onto his solid limbs.

"I believe you're the former," he admitted then, glaciers once more pinned upon the other man's features. "It's time for me to go; I'd like to see my children before they fall asleep. When you've had your fill of wandering, perhaps I could offer the home you're looking for. Our pack is north of here, amongst the timbered mountains. You're welcome to come by for another talk anytime."
(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2015, 07:00 PM by Gent.)