542 Users Online
Google, Bing

Hold your miracles glimmering through the rust. — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
@Yennifer

"Mmm.. I should not be here, should I?" Speaking to none other than herself, the rather dazzled medicine wolf surveyed her surroundings. 'I've never been here before, where am I again?' troubled, she momentarily attempted to retrace her thoughts. Why was she here? Had it something to do with Celandine? The whole fiasco that took place in her medicine den must of shook the beige-pelted yearling up pretty damn good. Her memories were beginning to fail her, as they always had when she underwent too much stress. "Tch, Damn it.."

Wandering only a touch further, Mahle found herself able to distinguish the faint perfume of another pack lingering not too far from where she stood. 'How troublesome.' She'd never been a fan of encountering other pack-wolves. In fact, the only one to ever do her any good was her dearest princess Celandine, and look where that brought her now! Wandering about like she actually knows what she's doing. 'All this damn stress is going to be the death of me.' pausing in thought, her purpose slowly crept back into memory. "Stress.. Ah! Black Hawthorn!" allowing a grin to surface her pale muzzle, the former-princess squealed in excitement. 'I need it! Because m'lady went bat-shit crazy on me and it could be due to stress! Or perhaps even poor circulation.. Of course!'

Filled with an immense amount of pride, Mahle began taking long quiet strides around the lake. She still didn't quite understand her current whereabouts, but with her goal back at hand she was sure to figure something out! "Bless thy deities for showing me guidance.."

Word count: 266

I play among the stars and then fall so low.

Mahle Psyxḗ
(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2015, 10:38 PM by Mahle.)
I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on.
Played by Buu who has 23 posts.
HAVE YOU ANY DREAMS YOU'D LIKE TO SELL?
The setting sun danced on the western horizon, making the surrounding foliage bright and orange tinted like it was set aflame. Underwater, the fiery beams shifted and gleamed on the surface giving a magnificent display of color only viewable to the creatures who called the waters home. Tiny fish darted about on the shallow lake shore intertwining with the young wolf's legs, whom had her face fully buried into the muddy lake bed. Her ritual was almost complete.

When Yennifer's tiny lungs clawed the inside of her chest for fresh air, only then did she jolt her head up and burst to the surface. Lake mud dripped and covered her wet face; amber eyes being the only distinguishable feature. Water rituals were her favorite as a young pup and one of the only ways she could clearly hear the spirits call out to her. Looking around, the only sounds to be heard were the gentle waves lapping the sandy shore while the crickets called out early for the night to return.

Squinting her one good eye, Yennifer took notice of a greyish figure on the distant shoreline making their way around the lake. Whoever it was seemed to be talking to themselves...which wasn't strange to the young female but even piqued her interest.

" Ay,

fille

, what seems to be the problem?
" Yennifer called out, trying her best to project her voice. Shaking the lose water from her fur, she started to make her way slowly to shore.

250 words

{ occ notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

translation text hover over

(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2015, 11:20 PM by Yennifer.)

CORVUS OCULUM CORVI NON ERUIT

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

If Mahle hadn't known to rely on her senses, she'd say a horrendous creature was approaching her from the lake. Luckily, the medicine wolf's nose was already in hyper-drive from the surrounding pack, and she was able to smell that the female shared her species. Though that didn't necessarily clear up the obscurity of the event, at least not completely. Why was this woman alone in the waters? Why was she drenched in mud? 'I'm about fed up with psychotic wolves. I swear on my Deities..' with a grumble, she slowed her pace down tremendously and headed in the strangers general direction. 'I'll at least hear her out.'

"Ahah. Nothing's wrong anymore, I lost my train of thought and ended up in a haze for a second." and thank the spirits for that. "Got it all cleared up though!" she smiled out of courtesy. Manners were important, even when dealing with the seemingly unstable. "However.. If you'd permit it, there's something I'd like to inquire about.." There was no way Mahle was leaving without at least getting the gist of what was going on. Maybe the situation wasn't as ludicrous at it seemed, maybe there was logic behind the sludge. Curiosity would eat at her if she made a retreat now, and she couldn't have that now could she?

'Wonder if there's some sort of healing property with mud that I'm not aware of. Or maybe she went swimming and.. tripped? I don't know. Can't be too quick to judge. I'm pretty weird myself, at least to some people.'

Word count: 259

Mahle Psyxḗ
Getting closer to shore, Yennifer's call seemed to have drawn the strangers attention. "

Just what I need, some new company!

" she thought, beaming a little at the chance to learn about the area. Taking the final slow steps out of the water, Yennifer gave her damp coat one last shake sending moisture flying in every direction.

" Ahah. Nothing's wrong anymore, I lost my train of thought and ended up in a haze for a second. Got it all cleared up though! "

Yennifer crinkled her nose a little, out of habit, as she digested the statement. Though she couldn't really tell too well, her company seemed a little taken back by her arrival. Why though? Two lovely ladies such as themselves would be the perfect company, compared to Yennifer's companions and acquaintances as of late. Not wanting to scare her away, the wolf put on her best charismatic front.

" Ah, I just be seein' you pacing the shore like you had a

cunja

! Now I know those are nothin' to be messin' around with so I was, uh, lookin' out for your well bein' and such.
" though that wasn't entirely true, she really was concerned.

" My name is Yennifer by the way, of the Delacroix family, maybe you've heard of us? " she paused, " ...though I guess it it doesn't matter. Inquire all you like fille! "

267 words

{ occ notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

The tawny female listened carefully to what her strange company had to say, and even began to slightly regret putting such harsh judgement on her right away. 'Awe, she sounds nice..' the yearling sighed, paying strict attention to the attributes and posture of her new company. The dark being didn't display any immediate signs of threat, which in Mahle's book was a pretty swell indication that she might be safe. She wouldn't be foolish enough yet to let her guard down, but there was no telling what the future held. At least, not without scrying of course.

"Hmmm, Forgive me. I'm not quite sure what this.. Cunja means.." she paused, waiting to see if she'd inflicted any unnecessary offence with the question before continuing. "You're words sound undoubtedly kind nonetheless, and I thank you for looking out for me." bowing her head in a slight matter of respect, she made point to absorb any information the lady spilled out like a sponge. Knowing who she was could come in handy.

"Yennifer Delacroix ey?" the name in itself was challenging to pronounce, though unique in it's own way. She was fond of it. "Can't say I have, though it's beautiful." letting a soft smile play across her lips, the medic found herself relaxing just a smidge. "You can call me Mahle, I'm of the Psyxḗ bloodline. A small pack quite far from here. An honor to meet you, miss Yennifer."

"With all due respect.." She hesitated, carefully playing through her head possible ways to keep the question civil. "To what purpose does all that mud serve..?"

Word count: 265

Mahle Psyxḗ
The further into the conversation she took them, the more her company seemed to settle. Yennifer beamed, so many times had she accidentally scared off potential friends and strangers just by looking at them. "

Probably rude as hell, and not my fixin' of company anyway.

" she concluded. Northern wolves, so far, came off as gentle and kind; what she liked the most.

" Hmmm, Forgive me. I'm not quite sure what this...Cunja means...you're words sound undoubtedly kind nonetheless, and I thank you for looking out for me. You can call me Mahle, I'm of the Psyxḗ bloodline. A small pack quite far from here. An honor to meet you, miss Yennifer "

" Well I do declare Miss Mahle, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. It seems that we are both a little too far away from home, but it nice to meet someone out in these unforgivin' lands. " Yennifer replied. It had been months since she had had any proper company but still spoke with a silver tongue like she had never left home. Easy conversation like this was one of the simpler joys in life the young wolf indulged in often.

" With all due respect..to what purpose does all that mud serve..? "

" Hmph, I reckoned you northerners would know the healin' properties of mud and such but I guess this ain't too suprisin'. You ain't a Delacroix so you got no need to appease the spirits much but the mud is a good natural remedy for wounds... " she shook her head, as if agreeing with herself, " It also a good way to cool down in the summer heat as well. "

Even though the sun was out of sight on the line of the horizon, the heat was still prominent in the air. The type of heat you'd find before a thunderstorm though no rain had dropped in the hours Yennifer had been there. The soft riverbed mud had dried and clumped on the face of the she-wolf, cracking and shifting with every expression she made.

376 words

{ occ notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

(This post was last modified: Jun 25, 2015, 01:34 AM by Yennifer. Edit Reason: spelling omg )

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

Mahle's interest piqued by at least double what they were previously as her company mentioned of spirits. Could it at all be what she'd hoped? Had Yennifer shared the same spiritual path she herself followed? These spirits, were they the same that plagued her with their soft voices at night? The same that had granted her such miraculous power in dark, dire times? The medic had heard wolves touch on other religions before, but they always seemed to claim such different deities (ia 'the mother'), never spirits! Could there even be another religion using the mystic energies? "Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say spirits?"

She had far surpassed enthused. Further closing the distance remaining between the two, Mahle thought of more things she could quickly spit out of her eager muzzle. "You're speaking of your religious path right? I'm quite spiritual myself! In fact-" her eyes were dilated, and she couldn't help but to allow her tail to waggle in attempts to express current atmosphere. "Back home they call me a sacred guide!" Was that a term commonly used amongst spiritual faiths, or was that something her specific branch had claimed? Only one way to find out. "I-it's sort of like a priestess, I suppose." How thrilling.

Officially deciding that she'd talked far too much, Mahle fell to her haunches in a comfortable sitting position and waited for her new friend to continue speaking. 'Natural remedy for wounds, eh? I'll have to keep that in mind.'

Word count: 249

Mahle Psyxḗ
Yennifer cocked her head in confusion. Priestess? Sacred guide? There was no such words or even positions in the Delacroix family that the she-wolf could relate to that. Could she possibly be talking about a Queen? Was she herself a practitioner of Voodoo? Giving Mahle a look up, and then down, Yen concluded that there was no way the spirits could be talking through such a ... strange northerner. Though something tinged on the edge or her senses, like a stubborn sneeze that couldn't come out, perhaps this was her gift that refused to appear?

" Well Miss Mahle, " her tone now turning into a matter-of-factly, " I'm not sure about all this priestess business you be babblin' on about but back where I come from in the backwater swamps the only wolf able to speak directly to the spirits was our Voodun Queen. You beginin' to tell me you can speak to them and such, do you have visions too? "

Yen didn't expect a complicated answer. It took years of teaching and practice to master the rituals, spells and beliefs that was their own Voodoo like religion. Never in all her years since she left home did the she-wolf come across someone else touched in the ways of the spirits; a servant of those above them. Realizing what this meant, the conversation suddenly sped up; Yen unable to control her excitement.

" Ya'll mean you serve the spirits, just like me, there's otha' wolves out here with my practices? " she continued without pause, " Words can not describe how excited I am miss Mahle,

fuh shore

. You must take me to these otha' wolves, or better yet explain how you've come so far out here. I was told as a youngin' that my family was thee only practitioners to knowledge.
"

322 words

{ occ notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

Comparing Yennifer's words to her own, Male was beginning to feel like perhaps they weren't of the same faith. 'Voodun queen? Wha...' the phrase was unmistakably new to her brain. It was frustrating, knowing that she was in fact solitary in her worship. Though there was still no way to know if her conclusion was completely precise. It was often that a creed shared multiple sectors; couldn't that be the case now? It was a possibility, however the medic wouldn't hold her breathe.

"Oh, uhh.." Mahle had become so self absorbed in her own minuscule world that she'd almost completely drowned out her company's words. "Visions? Like, scrying? Only in water.." that's what she meant, right? "I'm also an amateur aura reader, has you're faith anything like that?" Although she'd only just begun working at that skill, improvement was being made at quite an impressive rate! "The spirits talk to me, but only when convenient to themselves.. Finicky little devil's..." she'd pay a price for talking down to them later, it was something they didn't appreciate, she learned that through trial and error. 'Not like I'm wrong.'

"Well, not where I currently reside.. Back with my blood relatives, they practice.." there was no taking Yennifer there even if she wanted to. Mahle had no idea how to get back to her kinsfolk, she'd lost her way months ago. "The spirits brought me here. My apprenticeship was up, they requested my presence be brought abroad." The act sounded quite silly to her now, but at the time it was of most importance. "And you.. Why are you here?" The medic risked her life to live in Silent moon plateau, but why? Was she a fool to put trust in these deities? She could only hope that they were kinder to her acquaintance, and brought her here under better circumstances. Hopefully ones that made sense.

Word count: 313

Mahle Psyxḗ