keep the goddess on my side — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 347 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
Paging @Mahle for her priestess powers!
Partly cloudy, 78F, early evening.

It hurt.  Everything hurt.

After aggravating the sprain in his left hind hock while challenging Karpos (a poorly thought out plan at best), it had become increasingly obvious to the dragon that he must have done something to offend his Mother, Overseer of All.  She had not been favoring him at all, recently.  While a particularly proud wolf, even he could acknowledge there was a distinct possibility that his deity was punishing him for a sin he hadn't realized he'd committed.  Perhaps worse, his attempts at reconciliation clearly hadn't produced the results he wished for.  Karina might become his dragon priestess as she grew into the gifts she'd been given, but he'd yet to really begin their training, and it seemed unfair to ask of her something she may not be yet ready to attempt.  (There was no use turning Mother's ire on her as well.)

Kjors knew he must seek out the only other divine he'd met since entering the forests of Relic Lore – Mahle.  They'd met what seemed like ages ago, he was still roaming on his own then (he was still under the illusion he might make things work with his badger woman, then).  He'd fed the woman for the promise of a future favor, a very particular sort of favor, and it was time for him to call that in.  Of course, that meant he had to find the female…which may be another task all in itself.

At best, he had to move south.  It may take a while, but matters of the Mother and the spiritual were indiscernibly important.  If his immortal being was at risk, what did the state of his physical form matter?  After traveling about a day, the male was forced to retire for a break, slinking down towards the water for a drink.  The injuries made his travels much slower – if he wished to find the woman he met but once, he would have to pace himself, and make sure he had the fuel to make it.

Played by Maeby who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
This is me assuming his scent has changed drastically since joining a pack, though I'm not 100% sure that's how it works so please forgive me xD

The medic needed more reservoir for her den. She'd yet to travel far north since her acceptance into the plateau, and with nothing planned for the day what better a time? Unfortunately, she'd been oblivious to the fact that what resided north was little to nothing of importance. "I've squandered my time; how do I explain this to Celandine?" It would seem that as of recent all of the yearlings acts felt as if they'd need a decent explanation. Why was that? "There's nothing I'd bring back. Not even as a souvenir." with an unpleasant groan, she wondered about aimlessly. 'I've got to find something. Anything.'

Just about to throw the towel and call it a day, Mahle got a whiff of a rather distinctive, yet unfamiliar scent. The perfume belonged to someone of her species, and whoever it was, they were alone. Given any other circumstances the yearling would of blown off the stranger and made way toward home, today that wouldn't be the case. She needed an excuse for Celandine as to why she'd been away for so long. Perhaps, with some luck, she'd be able to pull another recruit in. 'If I'd just stop deviating away from the pack, I'd not have to worry about this anymore.'

The aroma grew much stronger as she approached, and she made sure to raise essential defenses. Fighting would never be in the plan, but there was no telling what this wolf would be like. "H-hello?" stuttering, she realized just how uneasy she felt being alone so far from home. 'Strange, I've never encountered this feeling before..'

Word count: 266

I play among the stars and then fall so low.

Mahle Psyxḗ
(This post was last modified: Jun 28, 2015, 02:48 AM by Mahle.)
I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
He generally carries a very faint smell of his pack, but probably doesn't smell quite the same anymore. XD I like your table a lot, by the way! Very cute!
"'lo."

He recognized that voice, though the one-eyed dragon could not place it immediately. While plagued by his recent injuries and apparently lack of connection with his dearest Mother, he was not so far gone that he could not realized he'd previously categorized that tone. After drinking his fill, the lone male slithered forth, clearly not in any great hurry. The shake in the fair voice was not one of anger or potential attack, and did not spur him onwards at any great speed.

Perhaps it should have, the timbre falling very suddenly into place as soon as he had a face to match it to. The subordinate stood up a bit higher, forcing his hind limb to bear his weight as he acknowledged his acquaintance with a short bark. "Yer lookin' a bit healthier there, Mahle. Got a safe place now, huh?" he rumbled, halting when he left a few paces between them. While their last meeting had been resolved peacefully, he did not want to assume anything of her now. It was a bit queer, he decided, that this wolf he sought was the first he stumbled across in his slow journey back towards the cherry trees under which he'd met the femme before. This could only be a sign from his Mother, he thought, that he did indeed need the help of a priestess to right whatever had gone wrong in his relationship with the deity.

Clearing his throat softly, he tipped his head to one side. "Don' suppose yer still a practicin' priestess, huh?"

[Image: honeybadgerace.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
Thank you! :D!!

"K-kjors?" the medic stuttered. How hadn't she realized sooner? The scent, wasn't it a bit off? <b"Y-yeah.."</b> embarrassed, the tawny female didn't quite know what else to say. "Soon after we parted ways, I believe.." Their encounter felt like centuries ago, though it could only of been a month or two. She'd definitely fattened up since then, though in no way near a bad way. "You have a new smell to you, probably found a new home yourself ey?" The question needed no answer, she was already pretty certain he had. The Psyxḗ couldn't help but wonder if he had a hard time settling in, with his religion and all. She sure as hell had.

The male's words allowed Mahle to recall a specific favor she owed, one she never thought she'd actually end up going through with. Kjors' brought the girl food when she needed it most, but it came with a price. Obviously he was looking to collect payment, and the medic would quickly have to learn how to summon his 'Mother's blessings' through her prayers.'Ought to be interesting..' she gulped.

The sandy yearling was positive in her power, though messing around with a different faith would be completely foreign to her. Not impossible, just difficult. "Why, Yes. I am." She smiled lightly. "Have you found yourself in a bit of a rough spot as of recent?" Another question needing no answer, she'd already been studying his sprain since it promptly limped in her direction. 'What happened..?'

Word count: 250

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
"Suppose Ah have, a' th' behest of a princess," he grumbled, raising his single brow. Were it not for his @Karina the thought may have never crossed the man's mind, content enough in his burrow away from the world. Things might have changed with the badger woman's abandonment, but even the dragon had a hard time imagining himself picking up to move without true motivation. "She ain' why Ah'm here, though."

Mahle was quick enough to pick up on that herself, he suspected. Her wit was sharp upon their last meeting – she was little more than skin and bones, and still had the wherewithal to negotiate a meal with him. Unable to mask the hitch in his step completely, the swarthy male gave up the deception all together, allowing himself to favor his left hind once more. "Aye, suppose Ah have. Bit a' poor decision makin'," the one-eyed beast admitted, expression unreadable as he stared straight ahead. Unpleasant as he found it, a matter of faith had little room for pride – earning his place back among the Mother's favor was far more vital than whatever impression the yearling may have of him.

"A rash a' bad luck. 'cept Ah put lil' faith in luck, an' much more in th' Mother, aye? An' Ah suspect Ah am in need of…a priestess t' help me…repair wha'ever's gone awry. Had set out wi' th' thought a' findin' ya, even, and here y' are. If tha' ain' a sign th' Mother wan's me t' repent an' repair, Ah dunno wha' is."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
I'M SO SORRY. I've had so much going on, I really didn't mean to be gone for so long!!!

The tawny female couldn't help but to smile as her company spoke. Kjors hadn't struck her as the type of wolf to settle down within pack boundaries, though perhaps that was because she hadn't known him all too well. 'Princess, eh?' Mahle had joined the plateau under similar circumstances, could it be the man found himself a Celandine? Maybe they had more in common than she'd first expected. 'Well. I'll go ahead and assume that at the very least he's happy with them..' her tail gently wagged as she imagined the man with a hardened exterior living amongst others, a peculiar sight she'd say.

The medicine wolf's brows raised as Kjors gave her a vague, yet seemingly serious, concept of what had been happening to him as of late. It was strange that they had coincidentally met up when he'd been intentionally seeking her out, so perhaps the situation wasn't as dire as he'd thought it out to be. "Could you maybe elaborate on that a tad bit more?" she paused for a moment, feeling a bit bad for digging into his personal affairs. "Of course I'm willing to return the favor.." If it were possible, of course. This faith wasn't her own, the whole fiasco was shaking up her nerves. "But, essentially, It sounds like I'm making an apology on your behalf. Best to know exactly what I'm apologizing for.." Or at least that's how it'd go if it were her own spirituality at hand. She couldn't be too far off, right?

She hadn't realized it yet, but her tail has long since stopped it's casual sway. Mahle was terrified she'd screw something up.

Word count: 275

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
Ugh, she would press, wouldn't she? He couldn't recall Mahle as a particularly nosy animal – needy, maybe, but not prying. Alas, he couldn't argue with her logic. She was beseeching the Mother on his behalf, and if this was to work, she'd need to get it right. (A botched attempt would only make it worse. Might even spread the ire from his mortal form to the wolf who spoke to Her on his personal interest – and this was the very reason he did not seek @Karina out on this particular issue. Her faith was only just blossoming, it seemed a shame to poison it so soon with his own mistakes.)

Sighing heavily, gaze drifting as he sought where to begin. What should he explain? What wasn't needed? His personal affairs were just that, strictly personal, but – well, he was a wolf caught between a rock and a hard place now, wasn't he? "Fer m' stupidity," he finally decided on, his expression utterly flat. "Fer m' arrogance. Overreached myself, got involved in fights Ah couldn' win. That's naw…naw wha' She wants, a waste like tha'. It was a waste. Served no purpose. Shouldn' a' let me temper git th' best of me. An' now, now She's mad. Naw tha' I blame her, 'er 'nythin'. Jes' wan' it fixed."

That was that, wasn't it? That was all she needed, unless she wanted the gruesome details of his scuffle, but he hardly saw how that affected anything. Kjors had lost, miserably, and had clearly fallen out of Her favor. "Should be easy 'nough, yeah?"

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
All of the chaos is gone, and I promise you we can finish this at a decent pace now. Once again, I apologize :(.

Mahle allowed a soft smile to escape her lips. "Stupidity, ey?" she could relate. In fact, the first time they had met she'd been suffering from similar circumstances. Repenting is all a spiritual wolf can really do in times like those. "Should be easy enough.." the priestess distanced herself from Kjors a bit, wandering toward the first sight of fresh water. Though not necessary, she'd been using a lot of the element in her practices as of recent. "Feel free to follow.." her voice retained a rather soft composure as she spoke. Her client needed to feel as comfortable as possible.

The honey-coated yearling wanted to ensure her company knew he was right in confiding in her, perhaps that's why she couldn't seem to shake the feeling of uneasiness from within her. Nonetheless, she couldn't procrastinate much longer. The time had came for them to act, unfortunately. "Hey.. I've learned quite the trick since we've last encountered one-another, and I do believe it'd make for a lovely bonus, if you'd be interested.." She spoke of scrying, of course. Mahle had only used her new magic on a wolf other than herself once before, and deeply yearned for more practice in the art. "After I'm done granting your forgiveness of course.. Are you familiar with divination?" she grinned. "It'd be a sure way to lead you onto the right track." another unnecessary tool for Kjors' request, though it would be beneficial.  

"Just think about it, if you have the time." she bowed before dipping her paws into the icy comforts of the glacial water.

Word count:263

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
The male froze for a moment, single eye trailing after Mahle as the woman began an unexpected wandering. Briefly, he thought she might have sought privacy – there were no priestesses in his pack, not specifically, and if there were secrets to their craft they did not share with the average wolf, he would not know. As if she read his thoughts, the yearling soon beckoned him forth – grunting softly, the River wolf trailed after her, opting to settle a length or two away. Private practice or not, it was clear the dragon did not wish to impeded the process.

Mention of another occult application had Kjors' ears swiveling to attention. His single eye sized up the priestess for a moment or two, and then he graced her with a curt nod. "No," he answered simply. "Naw familiar. But Ah'd like t' be." Unnecessary or not, all knowledge was information to be catalogued today. Just because he could not foresee an immediate use for the study of divination did not mean there would be no opportunity for it in the future.

Silence fell over the pair – it was a holy sort of thing, the presence extending beyond the two mortal souls. The dragon studied Mahle as she entered the water, allowing her to do whatever she needed without any interruption. She was speaking to the Mother on his behalf, after all, and any effort he expended to earn Her forgiveness would be for naught if he buggered up the female's communication with his impatience. Only was he was certain that the procedure was complete did he clear his throat, wishing to draw her attention back.

She was going to teach him something. And as long as they were on the topic of information—

"So, lass. Wha' pack y'end up with, 'nyways? They feedin' ya alright?"

No worries! Also sorry to PP a bit - just figured Kjors would remain silent/patient while Mahle did whatever she needed to do to 'speak' with his goddess, but feel free to message me if it's a problem!