Google, Bing, Viorel

no turning back — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
@Veho :D

ok seriously last Bella thread until some of them finish, damn

Bella strained her head upwards, trying to glimpse the sky. The ground beneath her paws sloped sharply upwards in front of her to form what was almost a sheer cliff face. She knew there was a waterfall somewhere north of here, and could imagine its splendor pouring from the top of the lip she could just about see. It was a very abrupt transition from forest into mountain, one she had not expected. Of course she would not even attempt to ascend here, that would be foolish. A few minutes' travel south would provide a much more reasonable incline, well-trodden paths, a softer gradient from the forest floor into the mountain's heights. The trees would accompany them for several hours worth of climb, and then it would be mostly rock and dust and the cool, fresh air of a great height and clear sky. She could feel it, yearned for it, ached for it, but had to deny it yet.

Glancing sideways, she looked at her son, who sat sullenly with his rear pressed against the rock. Quietly she tutted, but her patience was wearing thin, her unyielding love tested by his constant - and increasing! - hostility. He was even managing to taint this beautiful moment for her, ruin a reunion she had not even yet experienced. Did she dare try to get through to him again? Could she cope with another non-committal grunt or, worst of all, complete silence?

She was not a quitter. Especially not on her children. "I'm just going to head down the way for a few minutes, maybe see if I can find you something to eat. The river is nearby if you're thirsty. Don't go too far. I love you."

She didn't wait for a reaction before turning away, because it was easier to tell herself that he was going to say something than linger and have his lack of acknowledgement confirmed. The tawny mother sucked in her breaths, maintaining her composure, and kept the mountain to her left as she walked, hoping for some small distraction. How badly she wanted to turn left and then up, up, up until she was level with the clouds, until the world was laid beneath her again. She closed her eyes and could see it, could see the green stretching for miles and the blue, her blue, the stillness and quiet and her heart was pounding so hard in her chest she felt it might burst out.

But she did not cry out. Lifting her head, she continued onwards, counting the seconds, counting to a hundred. Maybe she would give herself until two hundred before turning back. Two hundred seconds of more silence.

"Fifty... fifty one... fifty two..."

Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
His new association with Gaheris had left the young healer swamped with emotion he had not dealt with in eons – or had not dealt with, period.  It gave the wanderer a lot to think about, something he often did best when left to the peace and quiet of his own headspace.  While he felt it was not best to leave his new friend just yet, surely the other wolf could understand if the drifter needed a few hours to himself.  He would return with a sample of florae found where he landed as recompense, perhaps partake in any novel plant life if @Rook felt so inclined.  It was the loner's prerogative, after all, to test anything he planned on using to heal others on himself first, that he might well understand possible experiences and a small subset of potential side effects first hand.

After most a day's travel, he found himself settled at the Sacred Grove.  While he did not know the name of the place, he understood the general ecology, and set his nose towards a specific prize.  This day he sought the psilocybin mushroom not for experimentation, but to seek the consul of his Ancestors.  The grove was a powerful place, and perhaps the most appropriate place to confer with the wisdom of the ages.  With the assistance of the mushroom, it was must easier to seek their presence (and his own piece of mind).

Once satisfied, several hours later, the wolf lifted himself to finish his fathering and return back to the cedarwoods when a soft voice caught his attention.  It seemed shaky, he decided – perhaps in return for their kindness, his predecessors wished him to assist someone else.  Approaching the other animal quietly, he chuffed to announce himself.  "Hello," he rumbled, expression open, "why are we counting?"

(This post was last modified: Jun 28, 2015, 12:29 AM by Veho.)
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor

"Hello. Why are we counting?"

She stopped with a gasp, her counting forgotten. Why was it that she was caught when most vulnerable? What was it with wolves here and knowing the exact moments when Duck was hurting her most? But it was not indignation or frustration with which she wondered this, but gratitude. As if she needed more reason to love this land. It knew when she bled, and provided care. Bella softened as she regarded this grey creature, another one sent to appease her heart. Her love for this place was being repaid, as if she needed more reason to believe in karma. Wolesh's fate had opened her eyes to that.

"Until I turn around," she said softly, finding the company of these angels easy, even before they had exchanged names or indeed any personal information at all. "It keeps my mind off... everything."

Her ears pushing forward in curiosity, her dull gold eyes on his gentle silver ones, Bella decided that this was a much better diversion. She also decided that this would not be the same as last time, when she had allowed her own problems to swallow the conversation for too long. To be the type to wallow in her own sorrow was one thing... to drag others into it was entirely another, and she felt entirely ashamed for doing so. "What are you doing out here?"

[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
"Ah~ I suppose numbers may offer such a service, if it is the silence of thoughts you speak. I seek my Ancestors, myself, but I will be among the first to admit that it can be a great many voices that greet you across the veil."

Veho would not usually so willingly share such spiritual experiences with a woman he'd met only seconds before, but the moment had left him soft and open. There was nothing to fear in the forelimbs of those that came before. Even if the dialogue had ended, the very last tendrils of his mushroom consumption still lingered in his bones, slowly fading from his system as he moved. Before him stood a loner who gave off a soft aura, one of calm and peace, but also lingering hurt and confusions. It was not his place to ask or dig if she was not interested in healing these things, but it was his duty to at least make himself known that she'd have the options in her paws.

Tail swishing behind him idly, he gave a short nod as his smile grew. "In truth? I suspect much the same reason as you. I find my circumstances have changed greatly all in the span of a few days, and I sought to keep my mind from racing. Had you come across me but a few moments before, you'd have found me deep in conference with all those who came before me. I may not always understand the advice I receive – I may not always receive the attention I wish, but I find returning to a spiritual place allows me to return with a clearer mind and an open heart."

Veho cleared his throat, shaking his head. "But I am rambling! Where are my manners? My name is Veho, Veho Macieo, and I am at your service," he introduced himself with a lavish bow, perhaps a bit less inhibited than usual.

Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor

She watched him closely, drawn to him, absorbing every softly spoken word. Spirituality, while something Bella was aware of, had never been a large presence in her life - perhaps surprisingly, given her attitudes. Her connection with life was more basic, a simple, pure appreciation of the places she called home, of the landscapes and features which made her heart pound with love. Can't you see it? she had once asked her brother, as he had stared out over the world with blank eyes, as though he looked through a fog. They had never truly comprehended each other.

While she did not share this man's beliefs, indeed knew little to nothing of them, she recognised in his tone and eyes a mutual understanding, some common ground. In that moment she did not doubt that her mountain was sending her a message, was watching over her even as she had stood here, feeling so lost and alone.

This was reinforced as he spoke, talking of quick change and struggles to understand messages laid before them. She fell into his every word as though he were the first breath of air after nearly drowning. "Bella," she returned, amused and charmed in equal measure. Her normal introduction was forgotten, the offering of her full name hardly a priority. She took another step towards him, fascinated, closing the distance between them, somehow knowing that it would not be ill received. "Did they answer your questions? Did you find your peace?"

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
"Bella. It is my pleasure," the medic exhaled, a low moonlit glow tracing her movements. When the female decided to close the space between them, he made no attempt to dissuade her. Instead, Veho settled his haunches upon the earth, wrapping his thick tail around his hip as he settled in for a conversation. Be it a couple minutes or a few hours, there was no need not to get comfortable and invite his partner to do the same. A nod was given, but everything else was left in the wanderer's paws. If she wanted to stand – let her remain standing!

Reflecting back to his summons, his grin scrolled across his muzzle as he chuckled softly. "They were more cryptic than usual today," the medicine man admitted, shaking his head from side-to-side. "It is usually much easier to decipher their intentions when they seek you to do something for someone else – when it comes to matter of self, there is so much more doubt involved, isn't there? It's so easy to tell someone what to do, it's so difficult to truly understand when they speak to me. But I find peace in it, all the same. They are my Ancestors. They will guide me to do the best for the world, even if there is a small sacrifice on my behalf. I can go back with a quiet mind and easy heart."

There was a peace in that, the grey wolf thought, knowing that even if he must suffer, it was for a purpose greater for himself. Sacrifice was so much easier that way – perhaps that was the entire point behind it, perhaps that was the gift the Ancestors gave him when he must shoulder hard times, the knowledge and wherewithal to get through it in one piece. "Do you ever speak with those that came before you?"

Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor

She hummed quietly in her throat, trilling like a bird at his gentlemanly attitude. He sat down, evidently as comfortable as she was, and Bella copied him, settling her haunches down. She shouldn't be resting, not really, but if she had still been counting she would not have been beyond one hundred yet... so she could indulge herself for a little longer.

Hanging on to his every word, she nodded along, understanding completely the difficulty with acting selfishly when it was so much easier to put others' needs first. This trip was not just for her, it was for all of them, Duck included. Did it make her selfish if he didn't realise that? Was this selfish just because it was somewhere she loved? If she had fled to any other place, would that have kept her intentions pure? Bella wished that she could feel as secure in her decisions as this Veho made it sound, that she had guardians to help guide her to the correct path. Would her life be different if she had encountered this man and his faith years ago? Would she have made the same mistakes?

The question took her by surprise. Ears flicking back for a moment, she averted her gaze as she digested the matter, but her gold eyes soon fixed on his again. "No," she confessed, humble. "In truth I don't know those who came before me in blood, I - I've never felt connected to them. My family is those who have come... come after me. Though... I have spoken to the wind, often. Perhaps they heard me then, and I just didn't realise it." She smiled, laid bare before this angel. "How can you tell if they are listening?"

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
Ah, he hadn't meant to shame her! It was a question only of curiosity, of a desire to know, of a desire to learn from those not like he and those he'd grown with. Reaching out, he carefully touched his leathery nose to her forelimb in a gentle display, wishing nothing but kindness towards the woman as she eventually met his gaze once more. "You do not have to know the Ancestors, not personally. My parents have not left this earth, and I did not have the opportunity to meet their parents. I do not know the Ancestors in the sense that I had met them prior to their crossing the veil," he explained, wishing to clarify, but also dearly wishing to ease some of the abashment he seemed to have caused in his new acquaintance.

"The Ancestors…the Ancestors are all around us. They belong to all of us – they are the parents of all the wolves. I am sure they heard you, I think they are always listening. We just forget to lend out ear, and listen in turn when they reply. They don't speak so much as we do, but in signs and small actions visible to those who truly see, aware of the world they live in. And that is what they seek, I think, an awareness of the entire world and not just themselves or their closest ties. It is important to remember who we are, and pass on what we have to the next generations – in better condition than what we received, if we can."

It didn't occur to the medicine man that he had begun to ramble. The Ancestors was a topic he was most passionate about, eager to discuss with anyone who seemed even remotely interested in listening. They were the center of his life, after all, the director of all the forces in his being, and he felt he owed them great fealty. "They are always listening, I think. But if I want to connect, I feel that I must clear my mind and make a most earnest effort, focus my attention best I can. If I wish them to listen, I must first make myself open, yes?"

Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor

His nose lightly brushed against her, a gentle movement of reassurance; it turned the corners of her lips up and took a little more weight from her shoulders. She had been so close to feeling utterly alone, and her mountain was saving her. Or was that her Ancestors?His clarifications did soothe her some, but she was still unsure; it wasn't merely a matter of having never met Naira and Rhysis' forebears, but more that she felt such a tenuous connection with those who had birthed her and thus with those who had come before.

As he continued, though, she wondered if that mattered at all. He made them seem eternal, and for all, so perhaps they had watched over a lost young girl despite her fractured family, not caring for names or blood ties. The thought comforted her.

So much passion spilled from his lips, so much pure faith, that she felt entranced. It was too much to take in all at once, so much detail, so Bella did not try, instead merely relishing the sentiment and the information she could absorb. Whether or not she would actively seek council with her Ancestors - her Ancestors! The mere thought made her chest flutter - was unknown, for Bella held a private faith all of her own which had borne her well enough throughout her years, but, yearning for somebody to understand her, she devoured Veho's passion like she was starving.

"Yes," she agreed eagerly, valuing these traits highly, valuing openness and honesty and love almost above all else. And then she stared at him, partly in awe, her woes temporarily forgotten. If he had been sent to find her and soothe her, then the angel had succeeded. Quietly, in the back of her mind, her practical side was processing her situation with Duck, benefiting from her calm state. The Bella who returned to him would not be the Bella who had left, counting desperately empty seconds.

Realising she was staring, Bella did not turn her head and blush, but instead smiled deeply at him, finding silence comfortable with this man. How could she not, when he was sent by those who watched over her, whether they were wolfish in spirit or not? "Do others here share your faith? Is the mountain home to those like you?" Oh, to think that she had left her lake broken, abandoning dark and sad creatures, and could be returning to it transformed in such a beautiful way...

A small, sad part of her wished that Datura was here to see it.

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
Do others share your faith?

What a curious question, the man thought, tipping his head to one side. Certainly, he learned this from somewhere – he wasn't born seeking the advice of his Ancestors. Quite the contrary, as a pup, Veho thought he knew it all and took it upon himself to advise his sisters in all manners of life. It took a great loss for him to realize how very small he was in the grand scheme of things, and it was around that time he sought his purpose, and was instructed in the methods of seeking contact with those across the veil.

"Yes," he answered carefully, turning moonlit eyes back to his companion. "My parents taught me. If my siblings seeks the Ancestors, I do not know, I haven't seen them in many seasons." More so, it seemed he'd taken Neha's death more personally than either his brother or surviving sister, and perhaps he was the only one who sought answers from those that came before them.

However, he wasn't entirely sure if that was the question Bella was actually posing. "I haven't met others who seek their Ancestors in the way I do since entering the forest of Relic Lore," he clarified, studying her expression. "I haven't been here long myself – this is my first time visiting the mountain. Its grace inspired me, I suppose, and the local florae aided my ambitious further. I could teach you, if you want. How to…breath, I suppose, and focus yourself. Contacting the Ancestors is an entirely personal experience, and I could not presume to tell you how to do it or what you should hear. It's different for everyone."

Veho offered the female a small, bashful smile. "But I think that's the beauty of it."