(See All?) Announcements
387 Users Online
Google, Bing, Torianna

Blood is thicker — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
For @Skoll - no rush, just had ridiculous muse/need to get this up.

don't need reason
Morganna Archer
don't need rhyme

The nicks and bruises from her scuffle with the Thorben were slow to heal but she ached a whole lot less than she did the day after the fight. She should have severed his hamstring. Regardless of the alliance her mother held with his, he was now a marked wolf and she would make sure her brother knew just how deeply his betrayal ran.

While her first instinct was to seek out Renier’s gentle embrace there was a fire that was coursing through her veins that had to be dealt with first. The mounting evidence churned her gut and twisted her heart. From her very first breath, when even her mother had left her for short periods to eat and stretch her legs, Skoll had remained, and even now there was a niggling doubt at the back of her mind that she might cease to exist if he ever abandoned her the way Asriel had.

It was fortunate the sun was slowly sinking in the sky. She hung back in the shadows and watched as Piety entered her den for the night, a small smile daring to tug on the corner of her mouth as she watched Sven prancing at her heels. Two less potential interruptions to watch for at least, and she could only hope Elettra and Angier were doing the same.

Quick steps took her away from the thicket where her nephew rested. She could only assume Skoll was nearby and if she lurked for long enough he would find her. It didn’t take long for the hair along her spine to tingle. She could almost feel his cold grey eyes burning holes in her back. One ear tipped back as her head canted to allow better hearing to the front and behind her. “Is there sumthin’ yer want ter tell me?” She asked the slowly rising fog. Because I’ve got plenty to tell you… her tone implied.

template base by GREY | image by KYDNT
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

Now that it seemed as though Sven was growing older at an alarming rate, Skoll's sleeping habits had changed. He woke in the first hours of the evening, just moments after sunset, and slept well before the sun rose again the following morning. He was going to keep his promises - help Piety with cub-rearing, feed his little family, scavenge and hunt what he could while helping feed the rest of the pack, and keep in contact with his son on a regular basis (this typically meant that he, at the very least, "tucked" the boy in at night every couple of evenings or spent the late afternoon hours with him just before he had to usher the little prince back into the den). Tonight was one of those instances in which he simply lingered about, watching his mate and child from the comfort of some low-lying shrub before making the decision to emerge. Once his beloved's off-white tail had disappeared inside, he made his leave with steps as silent as nightfall itself.

He was just about ready to break into a run and carry himself as far away from the Ridge as he could - to hunt and feed - when Morganna's scent curled in his nostrils. His lips lifted to just reveal the tips of his canines as he turned to pinpoint where his sibling was loitering nearby. He knew by now the strange way in which her scent trails wound its way to and from and around Piety's outlying lair, but something this time around felt off...

Much like their younger brother, Greer, would, he lowered his head and allowed his quiet steps to fluidly navigate him towards his target. She was close - maybe too close for his liking - and when his colorless eyes came to fall upon his age-mate, he simply stared. No greeting, no wagging tail, no physical proclamations of dominance (he was at the bottom of the hierarchy, after all), or even some sort of pathetic whimper or sound that questioned her being there.

He saw her ear tip back and his head canted to one side as if he were genuinely interested in what she would do next. She didn't even look at him and, to this, he cracked a rather sly smile. Regardless of how truly different they were, there was no question about them figuratively being two sides of the same coin. They had come into this world together and there was no questioning that, even after all the time they had spent roving about in different circles, she would still know him best of all.

"I could tell you a number of things," he began, his voice even yet calculating as he weighed the possibilities of the situation at hand. As the pack's lowest-ranking member, he was obligated to do as his sister instructed, to please her and relieve her of whatever stress she might have while allowing her to assert dominance over him despite being a member of the opposite sex. "Miss Santoro tells me you visit every so often, my son speaks better than I did at his age... he calls me 'Dad.' Niles is scared of me... I caught him out of bed the other day and he jumped right back inside." He couldn't help but chortle at that last bit, "I can tell you that I don't think Asriel's ever coming back and that I really think this whole line of succession bit is deershit if you ask me..."

His pale eyes narrowed as he stared at Morganna's bristled nape, his voice becoming sweet again on the ears, "It just depends on what you want me to tell you."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
don't need reason
Morganna Archer
don't need rhyme

She couldn’t be certain he was at her back until he spoke, and the small breath she had been holding as every fibre strained for some give away was released. Her shoulders relaxed as she turned to face her sibling, her tail dropping to sit comfortably between her heels. There was no need to posture here, with little chance of prying eyes. Despite what her mother had declared he was still her brother and time had cooled her temper with regards to his little transgression. She favoured her left forelimb noticeably, pushing her own discomfort aside to close the space between them, so neither would have to raise their voice above a quiet murmur.

As he spoke a small smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. “I had noticed yer little accident was doin’ well.” she shot back with a smirk before adding as an afterthought ”I’ll have ter replace that ratty pinecone soon.” Although if he was anything like his father she very much doubted any old replacement would do.

But this was all small talk, she was sure that he knew it too. Even in the failing light it was clear to see she wasn’t at her most regal – sides sunken from missed meals and the scent of recent blood spilled would more than be enough to give her away if the way she was walking hadn’t been enough. “What I want yer to tell me is why @”Titan” stinks of that boy from th’ borders.” Her words were laced with enough venom to leave little doubt about just who she had run into. It was so unlike her sibling to leave loose ends. ”An’ I want ter know why he’s layin’ all th’ blame fer Xetor on you.” It could have been a bluff. It should have been a bluff - but in her heart she believed every word.

Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

“I had noticed yer little accident was doin’ well.” A rather defensive rumble rose up in his throat to counter her smirk. ”I’ll have ter replace that ratty pinecone soon.” He fell quiet, snorting once as he acknowledged just where that strange pine cone had come from. There were no evergreens within Willow Ridge; obviously someone had to have gotten it for Sven. It had just never occurred to him that his own sister would have been the one to look after the littlest Archer in that way. Surprise.

Before the topic could be changed into something that prodded him for more general information - that sort of small talk that was commonly exchanged between siblings in passing - it got heavy quick and Skoll had been pulled right into the thick of her suspicions.

"Boy?" he retorted with an offended scoff. He repeated the word in a more pointed tone, obviously aware that his sister was questioning him about Xetor. "Boy? Morganna, he is NOT a boy!" At this point it could have seemed as though he was defending Xetor, but it would very soon be clear that this was not the case. They were all grown at this point. If Skoll was not a boy in his mother's eyes, there was no excuse to consider Xetor or Titan as one either.

"He did it to himself," he hissed, the wrinkle in his muzzle revealing his disgust in the matter. But, of course, he'd lay the blame on me! An incredulous stare was shot at her, his narrowed eyes raking over the whole of her body to glean her attitude on the matter from her stance. It was apparent now that even she wasn't in the best of spirits or physical state. Perhaps it wouldn't come to a fight. Perhaps. He could only hope. Never in his life, would he ever think of laying a tooth or nail on her.

"Of course, he would. I killed that man in the pack to the north. I'm obviously capable of it... Who wouldn't say I did it?" His hackles had risen and his tail was now held out straight behind him. "Titan was healing Xetor's leg," he lent, already spinning up a lie to ensnare his sibling in return. "It wouldn't surprise me if he just had enough and just... snapped." He shrugged then, whipping his tail from one side to the other as if the motion alone would diffuse the tension that was building between them. "But, so what if it had been me? What?" He taunted her. He hadn't meant to, but truthfully, Skoll had had enough of talking about Xetor. Their cousin was gone, buried in the earth. Dead. "If I killed Xetor Archer, would you disclaim me, too, like Mother? Your own flesh and blood?"

(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2015, 09:25 PM by Rook.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
don't need reason
Morganna Archer
don't need rhyme

Titan had already confessed to treating Xetor’s leg so that bit of information came as no surprise. She tried to maintain a blank face as her brother continued but as he went on to question if she would disclaim him too, she physically flinched. Her shoulders drooped as her neck craned out towards her brother. “Never.” she whined, only wishing to close the distance that stretched between them like a mountain gorge to bury her nose in the fur of his chest and butt the top of her head against the underside of his chin. Her steps were tentative, her moves deliberate as the tip of her tail all but dragged on the ground in her slow approach. He would have plenty of time to pull away if that was what he wanted.

“He attacked me @Skoll.” she woefully lamented, “He said the Cedar pack were gonna pick us off one by one an’ he didn' even go home to check on anyone, he just went straight there. To them. she drew a shaky breath, distressed, exhausted and sore. Her mouth was pulled into a convincing frown and her brows were pulled down in worry. “I knew he was lyin’.” she promised. “You’re much too clever ter go leavin’ blabbermouth loose ends like tha’.” She practically cooed. For now she could forget about Piety and the way the woman had taken her brother from her. She could forget about his current predicament (she was certain he would recover and regain his position given time). Right here and right now, they were all that mattered.

Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
♫ Halsey - Control

"Never," she whimpered in response. Her voice had him wanting to curl himself around her, to swallow her whole in the depths of his own brand of darkness and never allow her to emerge or escape from it again. Skoll couldn't care less about the welfare of his half-siblings; frankly, it was Morganna that he wanted to keep close. Now and forever. If he hadn't been so taken with Piety, a part of him was almost certain that he could have gotten by with only having his sister to keep. The dark prince was much too self-seeking, however, and at this very moment he had to make certain that he had both in his favor.

“He attacked me Skoll,” his age mate continued and he let another growl left his chest, it softened but grew louder again at the mention of Titan ducked for cover in the west where the cedar trees rose up in a terrible bastion of claustrophobic glades and sharp pine needles. As Morganna went on to tell him that she had known that Titan was lying and that her brother was much too clever for the likes of Titan and Xetor, the dark royal drew close to her. He pressed his side to hers, long enough for them to both feel the body heat radiate against one another, then craned his head in such a way so that he could affectionately nestle his temple against hers. Even his slender tail curved her way, tempted to drape over hers if he could manage it as they stood side by side.

"Oh, Morganna," he practically pleaded. "It's okay." There was a gentle shake of his head, the furrowing of his brows in utter vexation over Titan injuring his beloved sister. "I'm sorry he hurt you. So sorry." He made a sound that made it seem like he had wanted to hush her further, "I will never let that happen again." A short whine emitted from him to sympathize over her unfortunate encounter; a soft flick of his tongue finding her cheek in a small kiss. "Trust you me... After I get Rook Lyall, I will get @Titan, too. For you."

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2015, 02:18 AM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
don't need reason
Morganna Archer
don't need rhyme

As @Skoll moved along side she leaned into his embrace, allowing her eyes to fall closed for just a moment. Her frown melted away with his soft words, a heavy sigh leaving her chest with his promise to get Titan for her. She wasn’t so concerned about the wolves of Grizzly Hollow that she needed to risk her sibling, “I’m sure mother will deal with both of them once I let her know what happened.” she replied quietly, her own tongue passing over the now healed scars across his muzzle, a small look of worry pulling at the corners of her eyes.

Their mothers harsh response to his transgression had changed her sibling, at least outwardly, and she wasn’t quite sure she liked this new brother as much as the old. Leaning back into his side, resting her head in the hollow between his neck and his throat she finally dared to ask. “When are you going to challenge @Nicolò?” it seemed the only logical course to her, he couldn’t stay all the way out here forever. If he was successful then Renier would be next in the firing line but she didn't bother to dwell on that just yet.

He had done as he had promised, and this was no way for her nephew to be raised. “I don’t like having to travel so far to see my nephew, and there could be bears or wolverines or anything out this far.” she finally confessed, and while it suited her just fine for Piety to be so far out, she wished they had chosen to settle somewhere a bit more protected by the rest of the pack.

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2015, 11:51 PM by Morganna.)
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

His gesture was returned in kind and, for the first time in what seemed like ages, a welcome sort of warmth radiated over him. For the first time in what might have just been a goddamned century, he felt loved. He shared her view, affirming such a thing with a briefly hummed note. Perhaps Mother would take care of it all, but only if he didn't do it all first. Morganna shifted and he felt her head find the nook beneath his jaw and throat. He, too, sighed and closed his eyes. He didn't realize until now just how terribly he had needed this... needed his sister.

“When are you going to challenge Nicolò?” she asked then. Sköll's eyes fluttered open to regard the day's last light. Her question was not unfounded. When it came to Archers and their positions of power, it could only be expected. Within Willow Ridge it had always come to the standpoint of "rule or be ruled."

His mouth drew downward, "I don't know. Maybe soon... Maybe never." Frankly, Sköll rather liked not having any other responsibility but, inside, he knew just how weak he seemed being at the bottom of the hierarchy. For his sister's sake, he did his best to assure her, "Maybe as soon as I get rid of Angier... We will have to see. I don't think it will be easy to prove to Mother that I'm not suited for the predicament of the lowest-ranking pack member."

He lowered his head slightly as if to press his sibling's head closer to the patch of white on his chest, "I'll be moving @Sven closer to the den soon enough. I'm sure he'll benefit from befriending or bullying our younger siblings."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
don't need reason
Morganna Archer
don't need rhyme

The prospect of her brother maintaining his lowly position forever was almost too much for her to bear. @Renier had been restless of late, speaking of his family and the place they had settled away from Relic Lore. Deep down she knew there was a chance he would be leaving her soon, and while anxiety clawed at her throat she managed to keep the panic at bay by reminding herself her brother would always be here. If Renier did leave, and failed to return – then who would step up beside her when the time came? The thought of her reclusive uncle stepping up in any capacity was laughable.

Before she had a chance to air her dissidence he continued. While she had managed to find her own peace with Angier, her brother had not, but she couldn’t help but wonder just what or whom had swayed their mother when it came to her brother’s little accident. “Per’aps he’s more use to yer than yer think.” she countered. If there was anyone’s opinion their mother valued above all others it was his. Surely @Skoll could see that?

“I think Renier might be goin’ away fer a while soon, ‘e keeps talkin’ about home. Tha’ll leave Nicoló an’ Greer if anythin’ were ter ‘appen.” She paused for a moment to let her words sink in. “Jus’ think about it.” she finished with a ghost of a smile, planting a kiss on her brothers cheek. Everything was within their reach, they simply had to seize it.

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2015, 05:43 AM by Morganna.)