With chances taken
Hope embraced
and have I told you?

I'm not going
cause I've been waiting for a miracle
And I'm not leaving
- Paramore, Miracle

DATED: 5/15 - Sunset
for @Miccah <3 others tagged to keep them in the loop, this should be wrapping up soon ^^

The water was clucking softly as it trickled through the creek, shimmering lightly in the last rays of the setting sun. By the bank, a slender figure was lounging, her fur creating the perfect camouflage with the fire and scarlet backdrop of the evening sky and sunlit water. She stretched her legs complacently, blinking against the reflecting light as she moved her head to drink from the, surprisingly cool, stream. The water helped sate her thirst, but it did nothing to soothe the churning thoughts  hiding beneath the calm facade. She had turned this over a thousand times, and she felt like she could add another thousand without getting any closer to a decision.

Ever since she'd returned from her unexpected journey, Aideen Smoke had felt different. She wasn't the same wolf she had been, before leaving on that faithful night; Before... Well, so many things had changed in her life, and she had become, not someone else, but not the same as before either. And the Secret Woodlands she had returned to had changed as well. No longer did the thickets ring with joy and unity, the borders, though still well kept offered a line separating the Woodlands from the outside world, but not a barrier of protection; they had become too uniform in their rounds, too monotonous in their scent, with so few left to maintain them. Many of the wolves that had become like family to the young medic, had left, struck out on their own, and Secret Woodlands had suffered for it. @Nina had suffered for it! There was no denying it, the matriarch had dwindled in the after math of her showdown with her former mate and his new love. How couldn't she? So much had affected the golden queen over her life, so many loses had she suffered, and yet this seemed like the hardest of all; So then, how could I POSSIBLY add another?!

The fiery lass sighed and turned over on the gravel, glancing up at the sky, where the most persistent stars were just starting to appear. They had been here for three days now, and she knew she couldn't drag it out much longer. Though they had found a place somewhat away from the fresh borders of Broken Timber Pines - a hollow beneath one of the fallen trees that had given name to Koda and @Iopah's new pack - the sensitive woman knew that her companion was running out of patience, being so close to these traitors that he despised. And Nina had given them a deadline, they would need to leave soon if they were to make it home in time; Or he will... The thought made it burn behind her eyes, could she ever choose to stay if it would mean saying goodbye to Miccah? She knew he would never agree to stay here with her, his loyalty was to Nina alone, and the apprentice still felt a strong connection to her mentor as well; So what should I do?! She shook her head in frustration. It was no use, no amount of thought could make this clear. What she wanted was the impossible, for the Woodlands to have never changed, for everything to be like it once was; But it never will!

'Everything changes little sister, it is the circle of life; Stagnation is the same as death' Just one of the many lessons Yami had taught her while she grew up; And when things change, you have to be able to adapt... So she needed to. Something had to give for the rest to keep going; So the question is just what?

Word count: 607

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

The dark guardian was running out of patience. No one would truly be able to see it, but since Aideen easily surpassed his every defense, he knew that she could read his true feelings. He did not feel comfortable here. To Miccah, they were still too close. Too close  to a danger he had no control over. He didn't know these lands like he knew the thickets. But he had kept himself busy, learning the layout of their temporary home as best he could in case something occurred. Was he being paranoid? Maybe, but he was not going to take Aideen's safety as a joke. As much as his patience was wearing thin, Miccah knew he couldn't push her. Aideen was facing a decision that whatever she chose would change her dramatically. Whatever she chose would change him dramatically. The burly man was not a man of many words, so he had not spoken of his feelings to her. But it was obvious in his touch, in how he trusted her enough to see the man behind the mask.

Miccah watched her from afar, her indecision and despair so easy to read. Once again, he couldn't help but marvel at how she showed her emotions so easily to the world. She wore her heart out for everyone to either cherish or destroy. He was a guardian. His very nature was to protect the ones he held close to his heart. He wanted to make this easier on her, but he could not make the decision for her. Walking slowly towards her, he gazed at her reflection in the water. No, he wouldn't push her. Miccah would just take advantage of the time he had left, whether it was this moment, or the next five years. Lifting his head, a gentle growl rumbled in his chest as his gaze softened, silently urging her step into his embrace.

speech
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Hngggg...... <3 @Miccah

She knew he was close by, he wouldn't stray far as long as they were in what he classified as enemy lands, she knew him well enough to realize that. Besides, she would feel it every time he left her side, suddenly cold and alone, even in the broad rays of the spring sun. But as long as his eyes were on her, she felt safe and warm, his quiet presence soothing her, even with her inner turmoil. He came closer, and she looked up to meet his gaze, an easy smile on her lips. His eyes drew her in, so inexplicably warm despite their cold hue, and though his lips were not smiling, she could see it in those eyes. The low, rumbling noise spoke to her more than words could, and she eagerly answered it, rising to a sitting position next to him and gently leaning into his chest; there was so much of him, she could easily disappear in all muscle and fur, a fiery streak in the blackness.

For a long while they simply sat there in silence, the sound of his beating heart filling her ears and vibrating through her own body, her breathing slowing to try and match his. She couldn't imagine being without him, having to get through each day without his eyes on her, feeling forever scared and alone, without the safety of his closeness. Tears burned behind her eyes at the thought, and she turned heard head to bury her muzzle at his chest, trying to drown out the confusion; the reality. There was no denying it though, a decision had to be made, and it seemed the longer she waited, the harder it would get. Right now, she had everything, but she couldn't keep it, none of them were happy like this.

The vixen shewolf pulled back, leaning back her head to look up at her dark knight. Her smile quivered, nut she took a deep breath, steeling herself. With a fierce glint in her warm eyes, she swallowed hard and spoke, her voice a low croak; "I've taken long enough." She pulled further away, taking half a step back to free herself of his body, though it felt like tearing part of herself off. She felt the need to stand on her own while they talked, to show both him, and herself, that she was her own wolf and could handle standing alone. She didn't need him, she didn't need Iopah; I just want them..! Glancing out at the water, she took a moment to make sure she had all her thoughts collected, then she clenched her eyes shot for a second, breathing deeply.

She cleared her throat and looked back up at him, forcing a strong expression onto her face. She wanted him to understand, felt an urge to plead with him to see the things like she did, but she knew it wouldn't help. Still, she had to talk him through her reasoning, let him know exactly what she'd been turning over in her head this past few days. "This hasn't been easy for me," She began, looking to lock eyes with him, voice level and strong; "My life has changed so much over the past year, I feel like it's been a lifetime." A tiny, vulpine smile snuck onto her face; "I never imagined I'd come to feel so at home anywhere, even where I was born didn't mean as much to me as Secret Woodlands." Her eyes grew sad, smile fading; "But the Thicket has changed too Miccah, it's not the same as in the fall, so many have moved on, and the ones who are left... Well, they're not the same." She looked down for a moment, feeling frustrated that she couldn't properly explain what she was feeling; I want you so badly to understand!

Sighing heavily, she looked back up, copper eyes suddenly glowing with anger, an almost defiant tone in her voice; "Iopah will always be my friend Miccah, I want to share in her happiness, I cannot condemn her for it!" She jutted out her chin, staring at him in a way that almost asked him to argue back. He couldn't forgive Koda and Iopah for what they had done, would probably never see them as anything but despicable traitors. But she wanted him to know that she did, wanted to make it clear that, no matter her choice, she would never look at them with the hatred he and Nina did. The situation could have been handled better, by all parties in her opinion, and she wished there was a way to clear this up, but it seemed fruitless.

She sighed again, for a moment feeling weighed down by all the thoughts she had gone over so many times. She had realized something in her debating: that this was not just a choice between Miccah and Iopah, but between Koda and Nina, and the Thicket or these timber woods. Setting it up as a one wolf or the other situation wasn't right, it was deeper than that, she had debts and responsibilities in the Woodlands, she had Nina, who was still her close friend and teacher, leaving would be leaving that as well as Miccah. And, worst of all, it would mean exposing herself to that same hate and detest that they had put on Broken Timber Pines; Could I live with that? Looking into those kind, loving blue eyes, she couldn't bear the thought of seeing them change, of seeing him look at her like he had Iopah; she would not survive that.

Eyes drifting back to the water, the petite healer felt the tears burn again, and this time she couldn't hold them back. With a look of desperate longing on her face, a single tear running down her creamy white cheek, she voiced the biggest of her concerns, voice now weaker, hoarse with her emotion; "I'm afraid Miccah. I think of the future, what will happen in the next year? To us. All this time, I haven't been able to escape this one thought," She looked back up at him, pain and love glowing in her teary eyes; "What if it had been us?! If I hadn't been so stupid to go out that night, if I hadn't gotten lost in the snowstorm and spend all spring finding my way back home, then what would have happened? If we'd had all that time to be together instead, find out what this is?!" She looked at him desperately, drowning herself in those impossibly deep blue eyes, straining to make him understand her thoughts. "The reason I feel so much with Iopah is... I can imagine myself in her position, I... I've fallen in love too. I love you Miccah!" Her voice cracked, throat closed up with all her emotion. She wanted to say more, but she couldn't, her voice was gone. So she stared at him, helpless, all her fears and feelings bared, completely at his mercy. She had said the thing that had caused her the most pain, the one thought that had made this the hardest for her. Now she just hoped he'd understood.

Word count: 1,198

Thoughts ”Speech”
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

She came to him with a smile, but silence lingered between them as both of them were wrapped in thought. Had she made her decision? Would she join Iopah, or choose to stay with him in the Woodlands? The wait was ebbing at his dwindling patience, but he would wait fo her to speak though the silence among them, for once, was too much to bear. Aideen looked up at him, her fiery gaze brewing with so much indecision. She was torn, and he knew that a storm of words would soon come. She pulled away from him, and he wanted to take a step forward and pull her back into his embrace, but he understood that she had to do this on her own. She had to finally say what was on her mind. He listened to her, his gaze never wavering from her. She was right about the Woodlands changing, for none of them were the same wolves Aideen had left knowing when she got lost. Nina grew into a fragile shell of herself, Miccah grew colder and Koda and Iopah...had betrayed them.

She spoke of not condemning her friend, and though he disagreed, he understood. Aideen was not as lawful as he - emotion ruled her every decision while duty ruled his.  It wasn't until that she spoke of them, of how this all could've been Aideen and Miccah that a flash of anger appeared in his deep blue gaze. Miccah knew he should've felt joy at her news, for didn't he love her too? But the words that she spoke kept running through his head.

The dark guardian looked away from her, his maw tense. Trying to arrange his thoughts, Miccah turned his attention back to the woman he loved. "It would not have been us." Forcing himself to relax his tense muscles, the man continued. Koda's duty was to keep the pack strong and he failed. I would never put my own selfish desires above my duty to the pack." He understood where she was coming from, now he had to make her understand. His duty was his life. He could never betray Nina and Mirren in the way she was suggesting. If we were wanting to create our own pack, our own family, I would have waited for the Woodlands to become strong again. Once I knew we were on stable ground, I would have approached Nina and Mirren and ask for their blessing to move and form our own family. Ask for them to be our ally." The man shook his head in a frustrated manner. "We would have done it right." He never wanted her to compare them to those traitors ever again.

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Jul 01, 2015, 03:15 PM by Miccah.)
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

Though his face hardly twitched, she saw the anger flare in his eyes; those eyes that so often were the only window into his soul. It was not the first time she had managed to stir those feelings within the otherwise so stoic giant, the very last time she had spoken her thoughts about Iopah and Koda's actions, he had shown this same rage, making his own position clear. Still, something about this reaction scared her, the flash of fear in her heart finding its way to her eyes. Never before had she been scared of him, even back then, when he had growled his words of loyalty to Nina, she had felt safe enough to focus more on nature of his relationship with the golden queen than on his outrage. Now of course she realized that his devotion was to the Woodlands, and the law and land Nina represented, not to her specifically, she held only his respect, not his heart. But did she then? Aideen had hoped, had thought... She had seen it in his eyes, felt it in his touch; Did I imagine?!

His muscles tensed, he turned his eyes away. He fear intensified, though most of it was for his words, not his actions. And then they fell, and her heart shattered. He caught her gaze again, and she was powerless within it, unable to look away, as if keeping her focus on those sapphire orbs would undo this moment, make his words unsaid. Or perhaps, she could truly drown herself in those deep blues, like she had thought about so many times, end her life, because if he was really saying what she had heard, then she did not want to go on living. His body relaxed, but she did not notice, the words reaching her perked ears all her brain was able to process; 'I would never put my selfish desires above my duty'... She was fighting back tears now. If she could have, she would have turned on the spot and run away, but her legs were frozen to the spot; It would not have been us... NEVER! She was lost in darkness. How? How could she have misinterpreted him so badly; How could I have thought...

At first, she did not hear him when he started to speak again, her thoughts so caught up in her despair. But then she realized what he was saying, and the tears started streaming down her cheeks, her heartbeat speeding up, as if trying to make up for the moments it had just passed unmoving in her chest. She looked at him with half open maw, eyes wide and circle round, desperation and hope shining through the tears; We would have done it right! We WOULD have... We could..? For a moment she was speechless, staring at him, unable to move her tongue. Then she swallowed, forcing forth a hoarse whisper; "But we would..? You..." She cleared her throat, shaking her head in frustration, much like he had just done. Her eyes fell closed as she took a moment, breathing deeply, then swallowing again to abolish the forming lump in her throat. She blinked to clear away the tears, only partially successful, then met his eyes, a fragile light deep in her warm coppers. "You mean perhaps, one day... We could? Do you..." It was almost impossible for her to pass the question over her lips, the fear of his rejection making more tears well up in her eyes. Her voice was barely a whisper when she finally forced out the words, hoping she was right, wishing with all her heart that all those looks and every touch had not just been a figment of her imagination; But she needed his confirmation. "Do you love me too?"

Word count: 631

Thoughts ”Speech”
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

Her tears confused him, while at the same time, pained him. Why was she crying? He wanted to comfort her, wanted to fix whatever was wrong, but he couldn't fix the problem when he didn't know what it was. He took a step forward to her, now probably invading her personal space, but all that mattered were her tears. Concern showed in his eyes, until he watched her begin to speak. His brows furrowed in confusion as she struggled to say what she wanted. It was rare that Aideen was at a loss for words, and the constant tears were not lessening his concern one bit. But when she finally managed to force out the words, it was impossible to stop the slight widening of his orbs as he stood, staring at her in shock. Was that why the healer had been crying? She wasn't sure if he loved her? It only took seconds for Miccah to regain his composure, but he stared down at the woman who held such fragile hope in her gaze.

He shook his head in silent disbelief. The dark guardian bent his head, enough that his muzzle barley brushed against hers and she could read the sole emotion he was projecting through his deep blue gaze. Opening his maw, the man spoke in his rumbling baritone. "My love for you, Aideen Smoke, shall never be doubted," he stated simply, his intense gaze never wavering from her copper orbs. Miccah loved her, it showed in his every touch and every time he let his guard down. Did she not see what was clearly in front of her?

”Speech”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

He stepped closer, and she looked up at him through her tears, swallowing hard as she waited, every millisecond an unbearable eternity. She saw his eyes widening, her heart clenching in response, longing to close the distance between them. But she waited, needed to hear him say it, even if she could not be more sure, as she stared into those dark eyes. The light shake of his head, pared with an expression of shocked wonder on his normally neutral face, set her chest aflutter with tiny butterflies; ...Yes? It seemed so obvious, how could this be anything other than love? But still a part of her feared, a small, dark part telling her it was too good to be true.

At his touch, just the lightest brush of ebony hairs against bright fires, she closed her eyes, sighing lowly. Mentally, she leaned into his caress, every nerve in her being focused on those few inches touching him. She wanted to dwell in that moment, such intimate connection between them that it felt like nothing else existed, but at the same time she ached for it to pass, for him to finally speak. And so he did, the very first ringing of that deep, resonating voice making her eyes fly open. She gazed back into his gorgeous ceruleans, her every fiber aglow with hope.

A little gasp escaped her as his declaration reached her ears, fresh tears once more welling up in her eyes and streaming down her soaked cheeks. She stared up at him with an expression of wonder, breath stopped as she dared not move a single hair. She blinked a few times, clearing the last moisture from her lashes, a smile slowly spreading across her features. At the end all her teeth were showing in a broad grin, her now dry eyes sparkling with joy. Then she moved, stretching forwards to close the last distance between their bodies, pressing her head into his fluffy chest, nuzzling him lightly. A deep sigh escaped her, eyes closing for a moment as she leaned all her weight into him, filling her nose with his scent, safe now in the knowledge that it would not be the last time.

Finally, she turned her head, stretching up her lithe muzzle towards his chin. "Then let's go home!" She whispered, salmon tongue slipping out to lightly touch the corner of his muzzle. For now she knew for sure, she could not leave him.

Word count: 410

Thoughts ”Speech”
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

Her tears did not pain him now, for he knew they were tears of happiness. Her smile, her glorious smile, dazzled the stoic man. She moved into his embrace and Miccah leaned into her touch. Love was in his heart, and it was an unfamiliar emotion. It had been so long since he had felt it. But nevertheless, the man embraced it just as he embraced the woman that held such power over him and she probably didn't even realize it. He felt the soft touch of her tongue, and for a moment, the guardian stiffened. He was still not used to her affectionate touch, but Miccah forced himself to relax and return it with a gentle kiss of his own at the edge of her muzzle as he lowered his head. Gazing into her fiery orbs, such happiness shining in them, the truth hit him square in his chest. This woman that saw underneath his stoic facade and brought light to his darkness, was the woman he would protect with his life. The woman he wished to officially call his.

The thought almost caused him to jolt. Not even to the woman he had loved since childhood had he felt this way towards. Ashanti had been his first crush, his first love. She had been special, and always would be. But Aideen...the love he held for her was different. Deeper, somehow. The man barely knew how to explain it to himself, for he was not an emotional man at heart. His eyes closed as he slowly trailed his muzzle across Aideen's own and further to trail down her neck. Miccah had never touched her this intimately before, so he made sure to be slow and gentle in his actions to not scare her. His muzzle trailed upwards again, until he reached her ear. The dark man opened his maw, but then hesitated, and shut it. This was no time to act like a shy yearling professing his love to his first crush. He was a man, and so he needed to act like one. Miccah could faintly hear his father telling him to buck up, for he did not raise a coward. Placing a small kiss near her ear, the man pulled away. Connecting his blue gaze with her fiery one, Miccah plucked up all the courage he possessed. He could face war and not even flinch, but asking the woman he loved to spend the rest of her life with him was a different story. "I want you to be my mate, Aideen," he rumbled. But that was not all he wished. With a hint of vulnerability in his deep blue gaze, he stated,"...Take my name." There would be no question to anyone that she was his and his alone, and if anyone tried to correct that fact, they would face the guardian's vicious wrath.

Miccah wished Aideen to be his wife, the mother of his children that may or may not come, and the woman he could easily turn to when he needed to let his guard down, embracing his weakness when he could show it to no one else.

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Jul 22, 2015, 01:25 AM by Miccah.)
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

She sensed the change in him, felt him tense up, and for one, breathless moment, everything was still. Then he lowered his head to return her kiss, dark eyes meeting with her warm browns as his tongue gently touched her cheek. She blinked once, feeling her skin start to tinkle where he had licked it, a strange lightheadedness overtaking her. Tentatively, he began sliding his nose across her fur, following the line of her jaw to the crook of her neck, and then further down. A soft sigh escaped her, and she leaned her head back, feeling nothing but his touch, relishing every second. Somewhere deep inside her, she felt a warm, buzzing sensation, her pulse rushing in her ears, every heartbeat resonating through her entire body. If there had been any tears left in her, she would have cried, simply to get a relief from these intense feelings, but all she could do was sigh again, leaning into his caress. She felt his breath in her ear, the catch in it making her skin tinkle even more.

When he pulled back, it was like he took her breath away with him. Their eyes met, and she was powerless under his gaze, the rest of the world empty while she looked into the azure depths; straight into the man she loved. If anyone had asked her to describe what she felt for Miccah, she wouldn't have been able to answer. She loved him, but it was such a different love from what she had experienced before. With Coal, everything had been head over heels, swept away at first glance and never stopping to think until suddenly, he was gone. This was so much more than that, this had blossomed out of a friendship, slowly building inside her till there was no more room. She loved him more than anyone in her life, more than her family; he was her family.

As he got ready to speak, she could see him steeling himself, noticing every twitch of his muscles, every quiver on his muzzle. She knew what he was about to say was hard for him, that it was something coming from the depths of his heart; a place he only, extremely rarely exposed. Yet she could never have expected the words that finally fell from his dark lips, never would she have guessed that this evening's conversation would turn this way. Her eyes widened, mouth opening a little in a quietly breathed: "Oh!" Her dark knight was looking at her with such exposed hope, an openness she could not recall having ever before seen on his face. Take my name, he said, in three words offering everything she ever wanted. To be his lover, his mate, mother of his children; HIS! And she looked into his eyes, not knowing what to say. How could she tell him what this meant, express the brimming feeling in her heart?

In the end she shook her head lightly, a subtle smile curving her lips. "Yes." She sighed simply, trusting in her body to convey what her words could not. The fire pelted woman leaned forwards, once more pressing herself against the ebony man, running her muzzle through his fur, all the way up along his throat, stretching to reach his ear. "Yes!" She whispered, voice filled with all her love, breaking slightly with emotion; I'll be yours forever!

Word count: 565

Thoughts ”Speech”