499 Users Online
Google, Bing

Waddle!
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

She was ridiculously big now. Despite only carrying two puppies, the Queen of the Mountain was bigger than she had ever been. Her babies were coming soon, leaving Amelie to begin setting up a whelping area. She was excited... and nervous. Her steps were short and heavy and very unlike her as she traveled back and forth from the den gathering supplies. When she was all tired out, she made her way to her whelping corner and laid down, getting a good feel for what it would be like when the time came. With a soft smile she then began to ponder... what would they look like? Would they be boys or girls? How many was she going to have? She could feel her heart pound a little faster with each oncoming thought. Well, whatever the outcome, she knew she would love her babies unconditionally.

Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
The time began to grow shorter, and Alexander got a bit more anxious each day. They'd be here soon, he was certain, and he didn't know if he'd be ready. How was one supposed to deal with pups? Or perhaps 'deal' was the wrong word. How did they work? He'd never had siblings, and his life had been relatively unlaced with small wolves that he was to directly interact with, so all of this was mostly lost on him. He wanted to be a good father, and he was frightened that he'd fail.

A hefty rabbit was held tightly in his jaws as he climbed back up the mountain to the dens. He'd gone a long way for this little beast, and he hoped that his mate would enjoy it. Alexander had gotten a bit skinny over the past couple of weeks, far too distracted by taking care of Amé to worry about himself. He got in the occasional meal, but they were rather far apart and in between for him to really remember when he'd last eaten. Hopefully the hunt would be soon, and all of that could be fixed. No more chasing down the fattest rabbits he could find until he ended up absurdly far away. They'd have a meal fit for the pack.

Nosing near the den, he poked an eye in, and noticed quite a significant change in the scenery. Obviously she'd been hard at work while he was out. <b style="color:#51b85f">"You've been busy," Alex laughed, dropping the rabbit onto the stone. <b style="color:#51b85f">"I brought you something." A smile spread across his muzzle, and he nosed the rabbit towards her. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amélie could feel eight tiny paws bumping against her tummy, and it brought a soft smile to her face. She was cozy and warm, snuggled up safely in the back of the den when her white knight came strolling in. Swiftly she lifted her head and attempted to roll onto her stomach. "Darling, if I get any bigger I may explode," she joked, referring to eating the rabbit. She laughed softly then and reached up to nuzzle Alexander. "Thank you so much. You're a wonderful mate, I could not have asked for anyone better. Lay here with me and eat some, too. Please..." Alexander's shift in weight had been a growing concern for her. He needed to stay strong in order to protect his lands, his pack, mate and children.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander hastened his movements towards her, hoping to stop her from moving too much. Perhaps he was a bit too worried about all of this, but from the look of what she'd created, she'd already done quite a bit of moving today. Then again, she looked just fine. His nostrils flared, taking in her scent as she nuzzled him, and he returned it, settling down on the cool stone before her. He couldn't help but eye the rabbit wearily. <b style="color:#51b85f">"Only if you promise to take a bite...We can save the rest for later, just in case." He feared that if she didn't eat now, she could be hungry later. Of course, he wouldn't hesitate to retrieve her something, but it seemed so much simpler to just save the leftover rabbit. Leaning forward, he tore a bit of the fur from the rabbit and took a bite. It wasn't particularly large, but he hoped it would please her. It was quite a delicious bite, though... <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

He was sweet. Silently she thought this as she watched him take a tiny bite. It was so like him to be this thoughtful. Still, she was not satisfied with how much he had eaten, so she would insist he would at least eat half of it. "I'm not overly hungry. Have half of it Alex, please." Amélie looked up at him expectantly, hoping he would oblige. "You haven't been eating and you're withering away. We need you strong." Perhaps this would serve as an awakening... he needed to take care of himself as well as he was taking care of her. Amélie began to eat away at the rabbit, but watched Alexander, waiting for him to lay down beside her and began to eat some of it as well.

(This post was last modified: May 04, 2011, 03:23 AM by Amélie.)
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
He chewed that small bite as over-dramatically as he could, as if it was the largest bit of rabbit he'd ever torn off. His eyes met hers, and the mere look in them almost drove him to demolish the entire rabbit, just because he was told to. And, unfortunately, her words rang quite true in his ears. Slowly, Alexander shook his head, finding himself unable to deny her, yet also unable to take it when he'd caught it solely for her. <b style="color:#51b85f">"I'll catch something else and we may eat side-by-side." He hoped his words could convince her as he backed his way out of the den, and ran off to find something to catch. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."