639 Users Online
Google, Bing

Where Do We Go From Here? — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Desideria

It was strange to not be outside the boundaries of Fallen Tree Cove calling for Des when he wanted to see her.  It was also foreign to him to be able to see her and spend time with her whenever he wanted. Though he was still getting used to staying in one place his worries were starting to lessen with each passing day.  The acknowledgment of that helped put him at ease but it also allowed other thoughts to creep in, ones that would determine his future in the pack.

It had been such a long time since he had been in a pack he was a little rusty on some things. Then there was the getting used to the differences in his new pack from his old.  Most of all he often had to remind himself that he didn't have just himself to think about anymore. He tried to make up for the times he had to remind himself by bring extra food back for the pack if he could manage it.

This particular day was a rather nice one with the sun out. While spending the afternoon in a nice patch of sun was appealing he was feeling restless and wanted to be on the move. He wanted to help the pack as well so he thought scouting with Des might help get off a little of his extra energy and help the pack as well. It didn't take him long to find Des, the sight of her causing his tail to swish the air behind him. "Here you are," he said in greeting as he approached, "I was wondering if you might be up for some scouting today?"

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2015, 03:01 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
In between morning and afternoon runs, Des found herself craving naps more and more often. This whole 'training yourself' thing turned out to be bloody exhausting! No longer was it only learning the lands of Fallen Tree Cove like the back of her paw, but it was understanding the lands around it, secret passes that the group may need, or points of vulnerability someone with ill intent may take advantage of to harm their pack. (An image of Noble flashed across her mind and the female cringed at the memory. That was the worst sort of situation imaginable, stuck on a road between two friends.) With studying the area came training her body, something that Vespertio had specifically requested she do. First, she started with running, sprinting up and down hills and in the deep sand. Finally, that was becoming easy.

The female was just starting to rouse from her sun nap when a familiar voice greeted her. Tail thumping against the ground, she greeted the male with a pleased rumble as she stood. Once she'd shaken the dust from her pelt, she approached him, leaning forward to lap at his lower jaw. "Hello yourself," she hummed, eyes sparkling. "Of course I'm up for scouting! I do that every day, you know. Well, not officially…but Namid asked me to learn the borders and so I follow them, every day. So I know if anything changes, yeah? And Vespertio, he told me I had to work on making myself fitter," she hummed, eying her friend speculatively.

Last time they tussled, she wasn't much of a match for the much larger wolf…but she certainly was stronger now! If not stronger, at least she had more stamina. Perhaps she'd be a little harder to knock off her feet. A smile spread across her lips and she gave him a nudge. "We could travel the borders…and then maybe go for a swim, yeah? Swimming's good exercise…plus, it's fun! Especially when it's warm out like this."

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When he found her Des seemed to be just waking from a nap in the sun.  He was glad that he hadn’t awoken her since he knew she probably needed the extra rest.  He also knew she worked hard in her training to be a scout and he was rather proud of her. After shaking the dust off herself, she was lapping at his chin in greeting which he returned with a lick to her cheek.  He was glad that she was up for scouting as he had suggested.  It would give her the chance to do some more training and for him to get more acquainted with the land that belongs to his new pack.  It would also give them the chance to talk since he did have something that he wanted to speak with her about.

Kajika listened as she spoke about what the alpha’s had told her to do in order to progress her training.  Hearing what they had done to guide her was one of the reasons that he knew he had made the right decision, he didn’t know of many alpha’s that would do such a thing.  “Great, maybe you can show me what you have been working on before I joined,” he said when she agreed to going scouting with him. “How do you think your training is going?” He asked her curiously, “You know if you ever need help with something I would be glad to help you,” he added hoping that she would know that he would support her in whatever way he could.

She suggested going swimming after they had done some scouting, he nodded as she said.  “I would like to travel the borders and I think swimming afterward is a great idea.  It will help to cool us off after our travels.”  A smile crossed him lips as he thought about the last time they had gone swimming, “At least I don’t smell as bad as the last time we went swimming,” he said a short laugh coming from his maw.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 14, 2015, 12:38 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
At least she could always count on Kajika to brighten her day. Things were a bit tumultuous, she felt, between herself and their female alpha. It was always her big mouth, it seemed. But things were simple, here. Easy to understand – with her friend, she always knew where she stood. There was no guessing, no nagging at the back of her mind. Things were good, and the very thought brightened her smile as she hummed, tail swishing behind her slowly. How did she ever meeting up with such a virtuous soul, anyways?

Deciding not to question her luck, she instead answered the other subordinate's queries. "Yeah, I know you would. I think I'll take you up on that later, yeah? I'm not…not good at it. There was a scuffle, not so long ago, and I could have…participated, I guess? But I just. Froze." The female sighed at the memory, certain that part of her inability had come from her reluctance to harm the wolf she considered a friend – but she couldn't blame anything on her friend. Some of it had definitely been fear, freezing her to the ground as the entire scene unfolded around her. If Noble had actually meant to do her harm, she'd have been an open target.

But fighting, even play fighting, was not something she particularly wanted to do today. Shaking the memory off, she nodded outwards. "But like I said. Later. Borders now, gotta check 'em often!" she chirped, and despite her better efforts, the image of the thief reappeared. Swinging her head a second time, she broke into an easy trot as she led the younger wolf across the pack territory towards the borders she'd long learned. "This way. We'll take a swim afterwards," she hummed, glancing backwards to make sure Kajika was following. "We could always find some trouble to get into, if you want. A bog, maybe. If you need a reason to swim~"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

For once they didn’t have to worry about how much time they would be able to spend together until he inevitably left.  He no longer had to leave and make up excuses as to why he had to leave.  Now they could scout until late at night or swim or even hunt if that was what they fancied to do and most importantly he was no longer responsible for the sadness in her voice.  For that he was happy because that was what he wanted for her and if he could help her to be happy then that was all the better.

He was glad to hear that she did know that he could help her, “Whenever you’re ready you know where to find me,” he stated.  He was also confused by her mention of a scuffle that she could have participated in.  “I’m not sure I follow.  Did something happen?  Would you like to talk about it?” He asked.  He didn’t understand why he would have frozen when she had done so well during their sparring match.  By the time they had finished that day she had seemed confident in her abilities and it worried them that she had frozen.

Then she made it clear that they needed to get moving, “Right, I’ll remember that,” he said with a chuckle when she told him that they needed to check the borders often.  He pushed his worry about her and the scuffle aside for the time being.  He didn’t want that to weight on him while they spent the afternoon checking the borders.  When she headed off toward the border he followed at a pace that would allow him to keep up with her. “It will be a nice treat after spending the day scouting for sure.”  They would at least have to stop for a drink but he could already imagine the cool water seeping into his pelt.  He laughed when she suggested finding a bog,“I’m not sure I ever want to smell like that again.  It was pretty horrible.  Though if you’re looking for trouble I am sure we can find it some other way.”

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2015, 02:26 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
The male's question went unanswered for several moments, the scout in training slowly made her way towards the well-loved trails. It was a peaceful thing, she'd come to think, trekking the same paths day in and day out. The pines around the hidden cove were becoming home to her – well known and understood. Once the question was almost forgotten, she glanced over her shoulder to make sure her companion was still following before she cleared her throat. "Well, see, the thing is…there was a thief, little while back. Not me, if that's what you're thinking. But she was a friend of mine."

Poor Noble. The woman sighed heavily as she reflected back on the encounter for what felt like the hundredth time – and every time, she wondered what she might have done differently, done better. If she'd been faster, or smarter, or- The list could go on forever. "She was gonna steal from Namid – I didn't help her, I listened to Namid, but when Noble tried to escape she charged right at me and I froze up. She was my friend, yanno? I didn't want to hurt her."

Another sigh escaped her as she shook her head and continued onwards, tipping sideways as she rounded a bend. After a moment, she realized she had probably better explain it to her newest packmate – how else was he to now? "The boundary comes along this way. Follow it down this way. We don't get all the woods, but that's probably okay. Too much to try to scout, I think. Any questions?"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Des had not answered him when he'd offered to listen to what'd happened.  He took that to mean that she either didn't want to talk about it or maybe she wasn't sure how to explain it.  Either way he would not push her tell him.  He knew well enough that she would tell him when she was ready.  So he settled into a steady pace behind her as she led the way to the border.  Some time had passed before she finally did speak telling him what had happened.  First he was a little disappointed that she felt she had to let him know she hadn't been the thief.  Secondly he was a little stunned by what had transpired. "Oh Des," he said shaking his head.  "I'm sorry that you had to be put in that position. Did your friend know that she was stealing from your pack?"

It seemed that Namid was there and he didn't think that boded very well for Des. Even if it had been awhile back when this had happened he word that the Alpha would be angry with Des for not doing something when the thief had tried to steal.  "Was Namid angry with you?" He asked concern clear in his tone.  Kajika did smile slightly at her admission of not wanting to hurt her friend, he did not think that she had a mean bone in her body.  "I know that you didn't want to hurt your friend it's not how you are," he said understanding her point of view and why she had frozen.  He did not feel that Namid would be happy about it. "Perhaps I should have showed you how to get your point across without hurting your target."  They had come to a bend in the trail, Kajika kept close as she explained about the boundary and which way to follow it.  She also told him that they didn't get all of the woods, "You might be right about that," the part of it being too much to scout. As for if he had any questions, "How long did it take for you to learn all of this?" He asked curiously.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 22, 2015, 10:11 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"No…I don't think Noble knew. I hope she didn’t know, at least. She acted startled but…who knows?" Desideria rolled her shoulder as well as she could, trying to shrug off the thought of an intentional theft. Well, of course the almost crime had been intentional, but if she'd known that Des was there, would it have changed things? The woman almost didn't want the answer to that question, and left it there instead. Responding to her friend's questions were much easier than trying to solve her own problems. "Oh, yeah," she sighed. "I think @Namid was mad. Haven't spoken to her much since, yanno? Not sure I wanted to. It was bad, just bad, all the way around."

But she left the conversation at that point, only consenting to the male's suggestion with a small hum. Generally, she imagined that hurting her opponent wasn't going to be a problem. She assumed fighting meant she was cornered, or hurt, or being wronged – but perhaps that had been naïve of her. Noble had proven that even a friend could threaten to do harm. It was an ugly truth, she supposed, but one that she was going to have to live with.

Scouting, though, that was easier. That was something she understood. Ducking under a branch, she continued to pace the well-known lot, pausing when she found an area where the scent markers had begun to fade. "Uhm, a bit. Namid and Vespertio both told me what they wanted – so I come out here every day. I figure, sooner or later, I'll know it with my eyes closed, you know? And that sounds like a good scout to me." Pausing for a moment, she marked the spot, waiting for Kajika to do the same and establish himself as a new member before she picked up the pace again. "Vespertio had some good points though, about stamina, and speed, and what he needed. If you want a job, he's a pretty good wolf to ask…probably because he's the one deciding, heh. Do you? Want a job, that is?"

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“I hope that she didn’t know either,” he agreed.  He knew that he didn’t have any place to judge the situation though he worried about what kind of friend would steal from another friends pack.  He did not see the situation going very well at all. Des’s confirmation that Namid as in fact there when everything went down he was worried what kind of trouble his friend might be in might be in with their alpha.  “I’m not sure that I would not want to either.”  Though he had never seen Namid angry he wasn’t sure that he wanted to be on the receiving end of it, “I’m sure it was bad.  I can’t imagine how you must have felt,” he stated.

He followed Des as they continued to make their way along the border.  The news about what had happened with Noble gave him concern for Des.  Still he hoped that Namid wasn’t too angry with Des but most importantly he hoped that Des wasn’t forced into the same position that Noble had put her in again.  He also hoped that he was never forced to put her in such a situation either, where she would have to choose between her pack and her friend.  It was something that had been on his mind for a long time.

She told him about what she had done in order to start working toward her goal as scout.  He had already known that he would have to speak with Namid. He had yet to meet Vespertio and had been curious about him, about what their male alpha was like. “I think that would be the definition of a good scout,” he agreed, “Knowing our pack lands like the back of you paw could be very important if something were to occur.”  When Des marked a spot where the scent markers didn’t seem so strong he took her cue and did the same before they returned to the conversation at hand.  “I suppose that I should try to meet him once I have have figured out exactly what I want to do.  Of course I do I’m just not sure about what I would be good at that would help the pack.  I ran into a friend shortly after joining and he made the comment that I would make a good advisor but I was wondering what your opinion might be?”

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2015, 11:26 PM by Kajika.)