(See All?) Announcements
830 Users Online
Google

One Last Score — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

He was getting bigger, his speech was getting better and one day he hoped to be big and strong like his father. He also wanted to have that gift his father had for always knowing the right thing to do. In the moment though the agouti cub was having trouble getting a good hold on the stick he was chewing on. It had slipped more than once already and he was just about to give it up when he caught sight of movement among the trees.

Looking up he watched the place and saw that it was Nauja, he wondered what she was doing. Maybe she would let him come along, it would be much better than unsuccessfully chewing his stick. Picking himself him he ran after her, “Jaja,” he called still having trouble saying her name. Elyan continued running after her until he had caught up since she was only walking it wasn't too hard for the Myrddin boy to close the distance. “What are you doing?” He asked once he was level with her hock.

Played by Kai who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

It had not been a fruitful day of hunting for the sea wolf. It seemed that each time she had come close to her prey something had happened to allow it to escape her grasp. She was a little more than disappointed but she supposed she should be glad that the reason she hadn't caught anything wasn't because there wasn't anything to catch. The nights were getting cooler and strong sign that winter was coming and Nauja was worried how the notch would fair. She was trying to do her part to stock the caches and make sure things were well taken care of to prepare.

The sea wolf had decided that she'd take a break from hunting and get herself something to eat before heading back out. Maybe that was all she needed but she wasn't expecting to hear the boys voice not far from where she had passed. So lost in running the events of her hunts and worries over winter she hadn't realized she'd passed right by the child's den. He'd called her by a nickname she hadn't heard in a long time and before she could respond to him she soon found him next to her. “I was on my way to get something to eat before going back out hunting again,” she told as she continued slowing her pace so the pup could keep up.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

The grey boy liked to he doing things and not just laying about the den. Now that he was bigger he sometimes followed his mother or his father. A lot of time he spent following Arwyn but he didn't think she knew. He knew about her slipping away from the territory, he would often stay near the border waiting for her return and there had been one or two times he’d followed her outside the territory. Seeing Nauja was just another opportunity for him to see what she was up to or working on. He knew she could often be found doing something or other for the pack but he wasn't sure what it was that she did.

He was glad to have caught up with her and fell into step with her as best he could with his much shorter legs. The dark female explained the things that she was about to do and hunting had been mentioned. “Do you mind if I come along I still need to work on my hunting?” He asked bouncing as they walked. Practicing his hunting would be a lot more fun than sitting and chewing on a stick all day.

Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

The sea wolf's stomach grumbled just as Elyan caught up with her, she internally groan at the thought he might have heard it. She didn't mind his company though, Nauja had come to love all of the pups and rather enjoyed their company. Being so hungry as she just realized how hungry she was the dark woman wasn't willing to stop long enough to have a conversation with the boy.  They would have to do it as they made their way to the nearest cache and she had a snack. He didn't seem to mind though as he fell instep next to her the best he could. She still couldn't get over how quickly all three pups had grown.

“No, I hope I am able to teach you something,” she told him with a glance in his direction. “I'm sure your mother and father have told you how important it is for you to become good at hunting. I'm glad to show you anything you would like to see.” She didn't know what ye still needed to work on but she hoped that she could help him in some way.  She did enjoy teaching the children all that she could, “We will get a snack first before we start. An important lesson Elyan is that you must feed the pack before you feed yourself but you also shouldn't hunt on an empty stomach,” she explained with a small laugh.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

The young Myrddin did his best to keep step with his older packmate. She had always been kind to him and his sister so he hadn't expected her to say no to his request. She was also going to go hunting and he thought that maybe watching her could help him to learn something that maybe his mother or father didn't know. He had learned quickly that it was good to learn from different teachers. His mother had taught him things his father hadn't and the other way around so Elyan had to wonder what Nauja could teach him.

“Really? I can go?” He nearly squealed as he jumped up and down next to her as they made their way through the forest. When he'd finally settled she spoke about what she thought his parents had told him about hunting. “My father said something to me about it,” he affirmed for her. She then went on to tell him about feeding the pack first and then himself and also to not go hunting on an empty stomach. This he thought was a little weird but thought it did make sense but he wanted to make sure his thinking was correct, “Why don't you?” He asked looking up into her dark features.

Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

The seawolf kept them.moving through the forest to the cache as she agreed to Elyan coming with her when she set back out. Nauja was determined to catch something this time and she hoped to do it before dark. With the pup coming with her she doubted Jynx or Emrys for that matter would like it very much if she kept their sun out past dark. She was a little surprised by the excitement the boy had shown when she said yes could come with her. She had learned a lot about hunting the land animals since coming to the lore and felt she could impart those lessons on Elyan who seemed very eager to learn.

The seawolf scented the cache so knew they were close and as they closed the distance she'd also given him a couple of things to think about. “It doesn't surprise me your father said something about it,” she said with a chuckle. The pale leader seemed to think of everything most of the time. She also wasn't surprised when he questioned what she had meant when she had said to not hunt on an empty stomach. “Well because it can keep you from fulfilling your duty to the pack. You might be more tempted to eat your catch before you get it back to a cache." Speaking of which they had finally reached the one Nauja had been looking for. She quickly unearthed half a rabbit that she set to work on.