(See All?) Announcements
508 Users Online
Bing, Google

You Called — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

She did her best not to squirm under her queen's piercing gaze. Suddenly she felt guilty, like she had done something wrong or shady, but she pushed the emotion aside, she had nothing to be ashamed about. Still, she stood silently tremulous in front of Nina, waiting for her reaction. When it finally came, the petite medic breathed a sigh of relief, a slightly nervous but happy smile spreading on her face. Though it hadn't been clear to her beforehand, she realized she had ached for her mentor's approval. Nothing would change her love for Miccah, or her decision about being with him, but the matriarch's words still meant the world to her pupil.

The slight hesitation wasn't lost on her though, even as she chose to accept Nina's words at face value. Considering what had befallen the Woodland alphess in the past months, it wasn't so strange that she should be apprehensive, and yet Aideen was completely unprepared for the question to follow. Copper eyes widened, surprise clear on her face; Problems? Of course, she immediately knew what kind of problems Nina was referring to, yet it honestly shocked her that she would say it. There was one simple reason for Miccah asking her to be his mate, and her saying yes, they loved each other, and they wanted to commit, to truly, officially belong to one another. And more than that, they wanted everyone else to know. But the idea that they, that Miccah especially would ever betray the Woodlands... How?!

Silence stretched, as Aideen stood for several moments, speechless. Her mind reeled as she tried to gather a proper response. As the first shock wore off, she began to think more clearly, and she understood why Nina would have asked that question; I can't blame her... She honestly couldn't. While she might not fully agree with how the queen had handled the situation with Koda and Iopah, she could sympathies with her position; But I would never... Swallowing hard, the reddish girl pushed aside her slightly bruised feelings, meeting the older woman's one eyed gaze. "I'll be honest Nina," She began, voice, to her own surprise, firm and confident; "I'm in love, I want to spend my life with Miccah. And yes, I want children, someday..." She paused to lick her lips, unable to hold back a smile at the subject, despite the severe situation. An ear waved at the alphess, eyes blinking slowly. Then she sighed lightly and smiled openly at her mentor; "But I'm not busy." She forced her mouth into a serious line, looking straight into the strong emerald eye; "Miccah and I love each other, but we love the Woodlands more. We would never do anything that wasn't in the best interest of the pack. We both found a home and a family here when we were otherwise lost, and you have helped us through things we could never have handled alone." She smiled palely, feeling heat rise in her cheeks as she realized she was giving a speech. But she powered through: "Secret Woodlands is our life, and we have both devoted ourselves to it above all else. Whatever happens, we would never betray you, this is our home."

Her breathing had quickened as she finished, ears awkwardly bend to the sides, but she dared to hold her leader's gaze. She had meant every words, and she wanted to make it clear to Nina, that she accepted this responsibility with all that it held. Who knew what the future would bring, what might happen over the winter, or next year, or the one after? All that was important now, was that they all wanted the best for Secret Woodlands.

Word count: 617

Thoughts ”Speech”

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Quietly, Nina listened for Aideen’s answer, her heart tightening slightly in her chest. Iopah had been one of her most lawful, trustworthy friends and even while Aideen denied ever having the idea of betraying Secret Woodlands, the seed of doubt had already been planted and grown. She remained silent, nodding her head in acceptance to Aideen’s words. Of course, she would keep an eye on the couple in the future, but for the time being, the Hervok woman had more faith in Miccah than she did in her female companion. She felt like her soul was cheating herself. Koda had once been the love of her life and even he had betrayed the very thing that he had always kept close to his heart. She had lost her train of thought once again and was simply staring at the woman in front of her. Oh, how badly she wanted to believe in her, but as it was, this meeting was only becoming harder for Nina. She was becoming tired and she was sure that it showed in the dimming of her single eye.

With a kind smile to her pupil, glad that she had gotten that meeting out of the way, she spoke softly, "As always, it has been a pleasure to speak with you, my dear Aideen. However, I believe it’s time for both of us to get some rest, yes?" Nodding her head at the woman in front of her, Nina turned and made her way back towards the pack den, a limp that had only plagued her back when she had first been injured made itself obvious. With an arrogant grunt, Nina slowed down, her single emerald eye trained in front of her. She was getting old and she knew it. It would only be a matter of time before she needed someone to step up and take her place.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

Looking into her leader's sharp, emerald eye, the medic could see the struggle there. It hurt her a little, that Nina seemed to find it hard to trust her, but she had her reasons, Aideen couldn't blame her for that. All she could do was prove to the older woman that she was loyal and truly put the Woodlands above all else; Then hopefully, in time... The vixen lass sighed lightly, turning her eyes to the ground in front of them, instinctively noting every plant they passed, adding its location to her mental map. Nina had taught her this, had given her so much, not just a craft, but a home and a family; How could I ever betray that?

They halted again, and Aideen looked up to meet her mentor's eye once more, instantly seeing her exhaustion. This conversation hadn't been easy for her, that was certain, but the younger wolf could only hope that she'd pleased her superior. In any case, the talk had surely left both of them with a lot to think over, and as Nina dismissed her, her second smiled back, nodding lightly; "Thank you, you too." She offered a small, caring nip at the woman's chin, and then they turned their separate ways. Though as she began trotting back through the thicket, Aideen glanced over her shoulder, eyes blank as they watched Nina's slow, labored walk; I'll do my best...

Word count: 236

Thoughts ”Speech”