(See All?) Announcements
563 Users Online
Google, Bing

Pieces of the Puzzle — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 56 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila

Leotie's question was a very good one, at least as far as the vagrant thought.  His star didn't hurt anyone – maybe Datura was jealous he had such a nice, shiny thing, but that was hardly reason to rip it off in a fit of rage.  There was no sense in the matter, only that his father hated it so and had nearly broken his neck in the efforts to remove it.  Gilligan did not wish to dwell on the matter, and, fortunately, it seemed his new friend wasn't terribly interested in it, either.  Talking of her collar was easier, helping her find her home – that was the sort of thing the ginger had always wanted to try.  His father would be so proud.

But that was neither here nor there.

He had another word for the whitewalkers – humans.  Humans, who'd also given the female a collar, and taken it away again.  His tail swished once and he tipped his head, mouth squishing together as he tried to think.  "Well…I could try to take you back to the place I came from, you know?  But our collars were always on.  I dunno any other place where they gave the wolves collars, yo.  I ain't seen anyone else with one.  I dun even know who we could ask," he sighed, getting the sinking feeling that he might not be able to help Leotie after all.  One ear flipped out to the side and he shook his head.  Where else could he take her?  "Um.  I dunno if I  can help, yo.  'less you remember anything else?"

#R28-9
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie was filled with so much excitement at the thought that she might get to go home at last.  She could already smell her humans and their den but then she was brought back to the current time.  Gil had told her about what his father had done to him just because of the collar that he wore.  She didn’t really understand the big deal about why his father wouldn’t want him to wear it but she didn’t think that it was very fair in how his father reacted to the collar and how he had tried to take it off the young male.  Still she knew that she hadn’t been there and didn’t even understand why the star would be so important to the young male so she didn’t think that she could offer him too much beside, “Perhaps you should try and make up with him,” she offered cautiously not wanting to make the only wolf in this place that seemed to be able to help her angry with her.

When he had asked about here humans and what they were like she was rather surprised that he knew about them too.  So far everyone that she had met in this place didn’t seem to know anything and if she were honest it was a bit of a relief that she wasn’t the only one. “Well the least that we can do it try,” she said even though the place that he was from didn’t sound anything like the place she was from. “Maybe there is someone out there that can help us,” she suggested though at this point she was just grabbing at straws.  She really wanted to find her way home but now that he had said that he didn’t seem so sure she was starting to worry that her chance was slowly evaporating.  She let her gaze fall on him once more when he asked if she could remember anything else, “Well they live in very large dens,” she told him, “and they don’t sit on the ground like us in these dens.  They sit on things that are like rocks but not,” she added thought she wasn’t  sure that would help

(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2015, 09:46 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila

Gilligan did not know where the humans that had given him his collar lived, and the loner's description of their dens did little to help him think of anything he'd seen, either in the forests of Relic Lore, or while he and @Datura had been traveling away from the White Goat pack.  The boy twisted his mouth and shook his head, ears starting to rotate backwards as he realized that, as much as he wanted to, he had little to offer one of the only wolves that had been friendly to him since his arrival.  He tucked his tail subconsciously as he shook his head, a low whine in his throat.

"I don't know of any places like that, yo," he admitted with a grimace, knowing well that was not the answer Leotie was hoping to hear.  If there was anyone else in the forest who knew, it was Datura.  Or, possibly @Iopah – given how she reacted when he described the humans, the boy felt it safe to assume she'd met them before – he hadn't a death wish, and didn't want to send his new friend to death's door searching the witch out, either.  That left only his father, and he gave a determined nod.

This was how he would help.  "I think my dad my know, though.  He knows everything," which was a bit of an exaggeration, but the golden giant certainly knew more than Gil did.  His tail began to swing again, excited by his own genius as he continued to explain his new idea.  "I should find him again anyways, and I'll ask him, and then I'll find you, okay?  I don't…think I should bring you along, because he's fucking weird, but I'll ask, and then I'll find you, and then I'll fucking help you, yeah?  I promise."

Because we're friends, he decided silently to himself, even if Leotie had no such say in the matter.  She was nice to him, and that was well beyond what anyone else had done for him.

Maybe another reply and we can end it?  He can't much help her in this thread, but if we do another one, since he's settled in a pack now, he could help her try to look some more?

#R28-9
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie was doing her best to give the male as much information about her home as she could so that he could help her to find her way back but as she watched him after the things she’d told him she worried that perhaps it wasn’t enough.  It was starting to look like she might not be able to go back home and that both saddened her and worried her, what would her humans do without her?  Soon the body language that he gave told her before he even said anything that he would not be able to help her.

When he confirmed her suspicion’s she nodded, “It’s alright, you tried and that is what’s important.” She was starting to think it might be best if got used to this place.  It’d been awhile that she’d been gone anyway.  Though she was sad that he could not help her she thought that perhaps her humans didn’t think that she would be coming back anyway so perhaps her staying in this place wasn’t completely bad as long as she could learn to live in it.

Gil suddenly mentioned his father and thought that he might know where to find her home.  “You really think that he could help?” She asked letting her renewed excitement get the better of her.  Just when she thought that all was lost Gil had come up with another way to help her even though she was a stranger to him she couldn’t believe her luck in finding him, someone so willing to help her.  She listened carefully to what he was suggesting and nodded, “I don’t think that I will be traveling far from here, I don’t want to get lost after all,” she said with a small laugh, “Thank you for trying so hard it’s a different experience then I’ve had in this place so far.”

It felt like it had been forever since she had someone be so nice to her and willing to help and though she didn’t have many friends back home she finally didn’t feel all alone in this new world that she found herself in.  Still she couldn’t help but wonder if her journey was over or just beginning.

That sounds fine.
(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2015, 01:20 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive IV. Yearling
Gilligan Aquila

“Good.  Good.  Great!” Gilligan breathed, his eyes sparkling as a weight was lifted from his shoulders.  Helping others was rarely on the boy’s mind, but perhaps it was different because this loner was kind to him.  Or perhaps it was simply because he was getting older, and she was of like age – hormones were stirring, and the fairer sex were leaps and bounds more interesting than they’d been even months ago.  He no longer considered them ibidem as he did males his age – females had become a mystery, a thriller, a story entirely different and like nothing he’d ever been told.

Wagging his tail, he gave a firm nod, their plan settled.  He would go back and talk to Datura, no matter how much it wounded his pride to do so.  He’d do it for Leotie, because he needed help, and for the first time in his short life, the loner was in the position to actually be the wolf offering assistance.  It made him proud – it made him an adult, as much as his collar did!

“Alright, well, I better be off, then.  I haven’t seen him in a few days and it might…take me a while to find him again, yo.  He’s sneaky…surprisingly, for a wolf as big as he is.  Anyways!” Gil chirped, realizing he was probably babbling on again.  “Anyways, I’m gonna go find him, and I’ll come back, I promise I’ll come back, and I’ll find you right here.  And then we’ll find your home.”

With that, the wolf nodded and got on his way, finally set on reuniting with his father.

Exit.

#R28-9