(See All?) Announcements
529 Users Online
Google, Bing

return the equipment in one piece — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Had they been human, Veho might have gathered the other man up in his arms as a sigh of relief fell from his lips. For a moment he had thought-- He had feared he’d ruined everything between them in a moment of ignorance. One feeble wag was met with another, the older wolf fallen into silence as he allowed his companion to slowly dig up the words to explain whatever he felt. The chill of dread gave way to a blossoming warmth in the center of his ribcage and all at once, the larger male surged forward, pressing his crown to Rook’s masked face. Could he pull his heart out and offer it right on the spot, he might have done just that.

“Oh, Rook,” the man sighed, fragile wave in his tail slowing growing into a much power hearty show of emotion. “Oh, Rook. I want you. I want us. I want this more than life, Veho promised, voice shaking under the weight of his confession. What he wouldn’t give, to remain faithful by the young lord’s side. Anything on this mortal earth paled in comparison to even the gift of his presence, much less the bond shared between the pair, tying them through space and time. There was no going back now, the medic knew – even if Rook had been ashamed, had cast him out, had wished to see him no more, the man knew himself to be ruined for anyone else on this living plane. His heart, no, his soul was no longer his to keep.

And Veho was okay with that.

No, he was more than okay. Rook was not scandalized – he was simply selfish, wishing to horde the silvery male away for himself. Crude as it was, Veho found himself beaming at the idea of being wanted. He was treasured, and who else had ever valued you so greatly? His devotion was requited, at least to some degree, and he wished for all the world he could gather the other wolf in a mighty embrace. The could not get close enough. All the same, the healer slid forward, brushing past the alpha’s shoulder to wrap his muzzle over the man’s shoulders. One forelimb was wrapped around Rook’s front leg – it was the best he could do, the closest Veho could get, and it still was not enough. It would never be enough.

“I am surprised you told her,” he whispered softly, his own words suddenly too loud on his own ears. “But I am happy to know it. You have all of me, love. I would catch you the moon and lay it at your paws if I could. This, us, this is more I ever dreamt of finding in this life. I could not even imagine letting go, now that I have met you.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Almost immediate Rook was pulled into Veho's embrace. As the paler man draped himself over him, the Lyall tucked himself up against him, pressing his face to his chest and closing his eyes. He let the medic's voice wash over him, humming and reverberating in the ear that was held flat against that pale torso. He could listen to these words over and over, he was sure; they would never grow old or be overused or wear out over time the longer they remained together.

"It just tumbled out," he admitted, hiding his face now against Veho's white fur. "I couldn't help it. It just felt so right. I had to let her know. She came to visit some time ago and I let her know that I would take good care of her brother, that you were doing well and... happy. She also said that we were welcome to visit any time we'd like, if we're able... Meet her husband and the rest of her little family." He was about to mention that they lived on the mountainside by a lake but withheld it; he didn't like the idea of picturing Veho scaling the rocky heights, just doing all he could to avoid that one misstep and tumble down into the foothills some meters down. No, Rook wanted to keep Veho close or, if he could manage it, on flat, unchallenging lands not far from the Hollow where Rook wouldn't have to worry about him vanishing into sinkholes or sinking down in bottomless lakes or being pulled into deep ponds or being too exposed on open terrain.

He heavily exhaled at the thought as he slowly lowered his rump to the ground. His tail went limp, resting in a half-circle not far from the near-forgotten bouquet of fireweed. "Could I stay with you tonight?" he asked, still whispering under his breath. If anything, perhaps this was the best he could do to take comfort in having Veho on pack ground for one night. "I promise I won't make too much noise." Won't take up too much space or make you too warm if I could help it... "I've just missed you."

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Husband,” Veho groused, the reminder that his sister now had a mate and children a seriously troubling notion. He’d never met this man, and while he was certain his niece and nephews were wonderful by default, it concerned him that he’d no idea anything about the wolf that had claimed and impregnated the only sister he had. “We will certainly have to go sometime,” he agreed, thinking little of the ‘we’ instead of ‘I’. Of course he’d take Rook, provided the man could take a day or two away from his duties as lord. When that time came, he could interrogate @Vespertio properly – and the medic had every intention to.

But that was neither here nor there, not at this particular moment, and it wouldn’t do to ruin the peace and tranquility that had settled over the pair with aggravation over the life @Namid led in his absence.

He had driven her away in the first place, after all. It would behoove him to control his nosiness. Not that any of this would stop him, of course, but he could at least delay his instincts as the oldest of the Macieo siblings.

As Rook began to melt into the earth, the older male followed suit without a thought, settling first on his rump and then on his pale underside. “Of course you may stay,” he murmured, patting the ground with his paw. Veho shimmied to one side, offering his belly and shoulder to lean against. As the larger wolf, he clearly expected to be the larger spoon. Crooning softly, he motioned for his alpha the second time. “Come, I relish these moments. I have no where I’d rather be.”

Let me have you for the night.

Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

"Of course you may stay," Veho obliged. The breath Rook had been holding came out in a relieved sigh. He watched as the medic sprawled out on his side. "Come, I relish these moments. I have no where I’d rather be." To any outsider, perhaps even to the prying burrowing owl whose eyes were still glued to the pair of grey wolves, it could have been nothing out of the ordinary - an assumed act of submission on the ashen male's part before his younger superior and, maybe, the acceptance of such humility and unconditional support.

The Lyall easily followed suit but, first, he gathered the bits of fireweed and placed them somewhere just within the den before jumping back into Veho's personal space. Like a domesticated dog or cat, he turned in a circle once before laying down, cuddling up to what could have been miles of soft, warm underbelly. The side of his face found the hollow of his forearm before he wriggled forward to press his forehead gently against Veho's throat. Once comfortable he exhaled again as he closed his mismatched eyes, waiting for his companion to settle and shift in turn.

It always made him wonder why it always felt like this whenever they were together, though he never really thought to seek out the answers or theories. Whether it had something to do with personality types, auras, mannerisms, or birth order, he didn't care. All he knew was that he never wanted it - this idealized sense of having a piece of heaven - to go away; and, if fate proved itself to be kind, perhaps he would possess it for a long while yet.

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

It took Rook a moment or two to find the perfect spot, earning a soft smile from his partner. The older wolf waiting patiently, the picture of comfort as he steadied himself on his side. Once the younger male settled down, the grey wolf rolled slightly, slinging one forearm across the smaller wolf’s shoulder blade as his spine pressed into the healer’s soft, creamy belly. His tail thumped once, twice, in lazy satisfaction, and eventually, the male finally dropped his head, a hearty sigh escaping him.

Were there any moments better than the ones like these?

It was peace, it was happiness, it was being fulfilled and knowing well you loved, and you were loved in return.

A wet nose was pressed behind one of Rook’s ears in a tender display before the larger wolf finally settled himself down, comfortable against the cool earth. Pale eyes slowly slipped shut as his breathing began to even out – the pair of wolves were as one, a piece of each other, and a piece of the larger earth around them. Whatever life threw at them now, Veho knew in his heart nothing would ever be as magical as this. No matter what came his way, he would do his very best to keep Rook happy and healthy.

This was love.

Fade.