(See All?) Announcements
553 Users Online
Isla, Bing

Goner — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 4 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
ghosts & silhouettes; they take a piece of me they want it all.

He was glad that she didn't clarify or insist that she know more about the ghosts he had encountered and made; truth be told, he hadn't even realized that he might not have answered her question in full. Their conversation continued and he gave her a rather smug smirk as she questioned him. His tail, held high over his back, waved. Though, at the mention of his half-brother Greer, it grew still again. Even if Greer was Angier's son, he held no ill-will or malice toward his look-alike brother whose fur was as dark as the midnight sky on a moonless night and ghost gray eyes were the same tint as Elettra's.

"Doesn't surprise me," he commented upon hearing that Hecate thought of him as "kind." If Angier had done anything right, he had done Relic Lore a favor in teaching his three eldest sons how to be nice and humble and kind. Up against Skoll, they were almost always more favorable - and, in his yearling months, he had always thought it was because they carried the "Lyall" surname. He had never been more wrong.

Jealousy thought to spring up in his rib cage as she continued to let him know that she recently sought to keep Greer company and that his yearling brother treated her well... that she thought of him as the sort to settle down with. Bitterness threatened to burn him alive from within. @Piety had thought the same thing of him once, but obviously that had all be some sort of ruse. In Skoll's head it had all been a lie.

A lump inched up into his throat as she looked up at him, relaying that she appreciated the thought of him asking and that she was available to court. In what could have been an odd sense of shyness, his head tilted bashfully to one side and he shot her a close-lipped smile. In a rather artful move, he leaned towards her, wondering if she might pick up on the fact that he was imitating her from only moments before, "Would you like to court me?" He braced himself on all four limbs, assuming just from her build alone that she was undoubtedly faster than him (perhaps not by much, but just enough to graze her teeth against his neck a good second before he instinctively pulled away). The cunning smile returned and his pointy ears turned to the sides in clear anticipation, "See where this takes us? I promise I won't tell Greer."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Poppin' who has 176 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
hecate liar
[Image: 2642bc9c-a66c-4008-a615-25eb546c0aec_zpsuctgsudq.png]

my own little stockholm syndrome

She didn't know how to read him yet. He acted big and small all at the same time. Her eyes overlooked her opponent, his sh-like smile and head turned. She wasn't... confused, just having difficulties with the problem at hand. He was acting charming, but she felt as though there was another layer to it. His intentional bend towards her, the strain in his front legs- as if he was ready to spring away. She did like him. He was uncharacteristically handsome, quite funny and he kept her on her toes. It was slowly churning in her mind, he was acting differently than before- only moments ago they were arguing and he was trying (and failing) to get on the upper hand. He asked politely, extending his neck ever so slightly.

Oh I see. She dug into the ground with her backs, hopefully the soft movement of the grains beneath her paws would not distract him. When she felt ready to spring, he struck a chord. Her brows furrowed gently, ouch. It felt good in a wrong way, her mind reeled for what seemed like ages- but was only a second. "Absolutely-" She sprung towards him, her mouth not fully open- she didn't want to actually hurt him. She expected him to pull away, her fronts extended to slow her speed. Had he not been so coiled, she might have only leaned in to give him a kiss in the exact place she was attacking.

he's pocket sized for my convenience
[/font]
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

Her agreement to the idea made a toothy grin reappear on his face, and she was sharp. She recognized exactly what he was getting at. He visibly flinched, both of his eyes squeezing shut, but what came instead of her teeth was a more blunt sort of feeling, a prod maybe if there were more force behind it. If anything was certain he was so sure that he felt her tongue lash out in... a kiss?

One of those silver-edged pupils cracked open before he stared openly at her. Well that was a surprise... His lips parted in what was unmistakable astonishment. He hadn't expected that, especially not after he had been so particularly nasty to her just moments before. His muscles relaxed as he continued to look at her, trying his best to recover himself. Figuratively, his silver crown might have just tumbled from his head and he was now fumbling to collect it again as it rolled well past her.

He cleared his throat as if it were the most casual thing to do to deal with the silence between them. "Very good," he complimented, even if he could feel his skin burn and tingle beneath his stark black fur. "Might need to work on your intimidation tactics some time. Hone them." Again, he folded himself into a sitting position. His ears had come back to resume their normal positions atop his skull.

"So, what else do you want to know, want to learn?"

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
EEEEEK <3

hecate liar

She got him back, visibly. He didn't jump away like she had expected, still- she got the message across. She had snuck a little peck into her swoop, his eyes registering what had just happened. A raspy chuckle escaped her, a pink tongue sliding over her grinning teeth. She bet nobody had out done him like that before- but the game wasn't over, he had time. She sat back up straight again, giving a few shakes to her soft fur to rid them on water and other particles. If she were a human, she would have taken the opportune moment to light a LuckyStrike.

He praised her, a bright smile and a courteous nod would suffice from Hecate. Then he offered a lesson about intimidation. Everybody handled their intimidation skills differently, and she was sure hers worked on him. But, she would follow through with learning his- he might have some good points. He waited for a lull to ask what she wanted to know. Her green eyes met her paws quickly before bringing them to his. "I need t'learn how t'bring someone down. Quick an' easy- I already know what follows after that." She said evenly, embracing the little twist in her stomach for a split second. A smile tugged at her lips, a brow raised with mischief. "Perhaps some sparring would do Mr. Archer?"

[/font]
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

It was almost tough to keep his tail still; it twitched and swept across the ground as he continued to watch her. The electricity between them could have crackled and snapped if it were audible. A part of him liked how she made him feel, just sensing those emerald eyes size him up and look him over as if she were expecting something. Maybe he could have some control here, if he always kept her waiting...

His eyes narrowed to meet her devilish grin. "Perhaps," he echoed, his ego already purring from the way she had addressed him on top of all the excitement she had sparked up. "But not tonight." He probably sat down too soon; already he was trying to relieve himself of the tension that was beginning to build up between them. "Maybe some other time." He half-expected her to pitch a suggestion for when they should meet again. "Preferably at sundown."

He made a move to suggest he was going to head back the way he had come. The gentle sway of his tail implied that she was not invited to come along; he was going to check on Sven before he went to hunt on his own. It had been a good two weeks since he had had something proper to eat and his stomach being empty did not make for any sound decisions. He wanted to be careful with Hecate if he could help it. "I'll see you then?"

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
hecate liar

Her engine roared, toes digging deep into the soil. They were on to something, walking along train tracks to something unknown. She nodded, it would be too much if they were to practice; her legs were sore and her head was aching. She expeted this to be a regular thing between them, like a class every other day. He was struggling to find stableness, his replies a little exasperated. She offered a curl to her lips, giving him a break between sentences. "Yeah, I'm thinkin' a day from tomorrow? I gotta talk t'some folks." She added, a her tail twitching at her side.

He made a slight movement of goodbye, ensuring that they would meet again soon. "Goodnight, lover boy." She cackled lightly, propping herself onto all fours. A thought washed from her mind to her mouth, a slight concern poisoning the air. "An' Skoll? Please don't tell yer boy bout' this, it fucks kids up." A flicker of pleading in her eyes. "I know." Hecate whispered, wholeheartedly. She was worried about the kid, his mother had disappeared and then daddy just happened to find another one? No. In Liar's book, that was the definition of bullshit. This needed to be secure before any information was given to him- out of sheer respect for someone who had gone through the same thing she did.

[/font]
(This post was last modified: Oct 21, 2015, 06:50 PM by Hecate.)
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

"A day from tomorrow," he agreed, a small dip of his muzzle becoming the confirmation. His own head was a-buzz from her presence by now. Her movements, her eyes, her voice, her choice of words... His eyes honed in on her tail before his gaze came back to her face with a rather enamored smile. "Good night, Miss Hecate." The words felt different on his tongue, it was almost strange-sounding. He had never told Piety such a thing, thinking it too formal before; but, perhaps, formal was what he needed.

He took two steps away from her when she called for his attention again, "An' Skoll?" The large man reared his head as he glanced over his raven shoulder at her. He actually liked that he didn't have to prompt her for her reason for stopping him; she just let it all slide out without a breath even wasted. His brow furrowed and he nodded again. If Skoll could have been depended on for anything, he could keep a secret and withhold it from the world. What with his master word-smithing, he was even capable of covering up the truth in it and twisting it into something very, very different.

Quietly, he took his leave, slipping past a curtain of willow branches and melting into the darkness beyond their little meeting place. Chills racked his moderate frame as he went, his feet following a well-memorized path that circled about towards the thicket where he was sure either his sister or his son were waiting for him to return from his patrol about the territory.

(Exit)

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man