(See All?) Announcements
525 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Trees — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Triell - that's perfectly alright, Drestig had been rendered speechless anyway <3 @Spieden we can fade here, or you can post an exit if you like.

This was not at all going the way he'd expected. When two dominant men came to heads, supposedly it would be expected for sparks to fly. Drestig had simply thought that they were better than that; Clearly we're not… Because, even in the heat of the argument, it was clear to the elder male that he was as much to blame as Triell. He could have done this better, hell he could have done it a whole lot better, but it was too late now. The Tainn's words cut like feline claws, both the icy ones, and those growled in red-hot anger. The younger man had a point, and it was things Drestig would have wanted to discuss at length, but at the moment none of them were cold-headed enough for that. And Drestig was on the defensive. "I never said I wouldn't!" He snarled under his breath. But it didn't matter, Triell had made up his mind, superiority in his voice.

Now it was the graying male's turn to shackle his anger and hold back from jumping the other. Deep within him, that feral part from his youth fought to be unleashed, to show the other man who was strongest here. But he choked it back, he knew what how that would turn out, and it wouldn't accomplish anything. Aren't we still friends? He knew he wanted them to be. And it seemed so did Triell, as there was kindness in his eyes when he spoke again. Drestig met that orange gaze, his own embers softening, swallowing hard before replying simply: "I know." He did. But he had no other choice, no other way. Running away. It was what he did, always. The only method of self-preservation he had. Was it cowardice? Absolutely. And he was a coward.

With that, the ebony brute took his leave, not waiting for any more response, and Drestig had no more to say either. Instead he turned now to Spieden, ears folded back in embarrassment. What a disaster he had called her here to witness, a row between two fighting cocks. But she did not appear hostile, her gaze not berating as it turned on him too. Rather it were more words of understanding that finally fell from her lips. This woman, whom he did not know intimately, was offering him a great support. Even if she didn't speak up for him, she was showing understanding beyond what Triell had. Perhaps because they weren't old friends, but he was grateful none the less. A soft smile curled the ebony lad's lips, gratitude in his voice as he replied quietly: "I know Spieden, but I have to try."

Word count: 444

”Speech” Thoughts

pride12