(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Google, Bing

Never Letting Go — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Adalae who has 75 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia flashed a kind and encouraging smile to the other wolf as he stepped aside and allowed her to pass. He was unlike a wolf she had met before, as he was shy and quiet and all the others she'd met had been outgoing and loud. Despite this, the she-wolf decided that Kenai's personality was already growing on her. It seemed quite silly as she thought about it. As the female wandered by and even further toward the ledge, she noticed he seemed quite uncomfortable in answering her questions. He hesitated and Adonia assumed he wasn't even planning on replying. Perhaps he was just nervous because of the cliff? It was possible, and the female wolf wouldn't hold it against him if that were the case. For now she would just avoid the subject, though. Adonia also noticed the change in subject, though didn't bring up that matter either, rather deciding to just go along with the conversation and see where it led. "I enjoy hunting in general," she responded to his question, as she gradually saw a footing to get down to the cliff and stepped onto it. "I'm pretty much into anything concerning that activity. Although I could say fishing isn't exactly my forte." She turned her golden eyes to Kenai's and gave a short chuckle. "Where I come from, fishing wasn't exactly the way to catch prey. Not that I knew much back then anyway." After that sentence, Adonia ceased to speak of her previous life. Though she already knew she felt trust in this wolf in front of her, he didn't exactly seem to prove himself yet. Only one wolf really had, and he was long gone by now.The she-wolf returned her gaze towards the trek below her. Her breathing became more labored as she concentrated heavily on getting to the lake's shore and gleaming waters alive and in one piece.. Hopefully Kenai would be able to make the same trip as she was now. Preferably he was right behind her, so she wouldn't have to retrace her steps. For a while she continued wandering in silence, not wanting to break it with anything that would put either of them in an awkward position. Clearly she didn't know her conversation boundaries yet, and she assumed Kenai hadn't yet realized hers.

When it seemed like the path to the bottom was now clear, Adonia realized something and it seemed like her stomach did a somersault. It was a dead end. She had been staring down at her paws and only what was in front of her at the moment, not what was ahead of her. There were no holds to continue now, and the lake still seemed to be a dizzying height from where she was standing. There was no graceful leap out of this mess! Adonia swore under her breath and, with searching eyes, desperately looked from another path. What would Kenai think if she failed him now?

Played by Leah who has 23 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
It was at times like these when Kenai really noticed how different he was from most wolves. He watched with uncertainties fluttering in his mind as she carefully made her way. There conversation took a turn for the silence, and he honestly didn't mind it. It was in fact, his turn to speak but he had been so distracted - watching his footing, watching hers, that he had simply forgotten the topic and figured it probably wasn't important anyway. And it didn't seem she was eager to continue on so he stuck to watching his footing with intense concentration.

She stopped, his ears went forward and his yellow eyes shone with curiosity. He halted himself quickly, causing a few pebbles to roll across the smooth surface of the cliff and fall off the edge. He swallowed hard trying not to look over. It wasn't long before he realized why she had stopped and he felt sick himself. <b>"M-maybe we should go back."</b> He looked over his shoulder with eager eyes. <b>"This isn't a good idea. You said yourself, not much of a fisher. Would it even be worth it if we got down there? I don't think I can catch many fish myself. What if there aren't any down there anyways? We would go all that way..."</b> For nothing. He wanted to say but caught himself before he could look any more pathetic. He had now made up his mind for sure and did not want to go any further he had a bad feeling about this. <b>"Fish don't even sound good anymore anyways. Let's go back."</b> He tried his hardest to suppress a throat whine, but it rang out anyways threading between his words elongating them as they came out.
Played by Adalae who has 75 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Her heart seemed to sink and she felt totally embarrassed as Kenai discovered what had happened to their beloved path. He immediately wanted to simply give up and walk away from the whole ordeal. <i>We can't do that, we've come this far and that lake looks really inviting!</i> She knew she was being extremely stubborn, but right now she did not care. On the other hand, kenai seemed to be extremely shaken up, which was cause for concern for Adonia. She didn't want someone she had just met to hate or, or get hurt! Finally, her conscience won and she replied, <b>"Yes, I suppose we should go back."</b> As she tip toed back to the top of the cliff, she gave a sigh of relief, realizing she had been holding her breath for the whole time. Kenai visibly relaxed as well, and Adonia gave him a smile. <b>"I'm sorry if I put you through anything uncomfortable, that was wrong of me."</b> she spoke steadily, but her gaze turned towards the ground.