(See All?) Announcements
470 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chan, Apollo

she lit a fire — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Leotie @____________@ hi. anyone else is welcome/encouraged to join! 
afternoon, freezing fog, 4 ° F, -16 ° C 
wasn't super sure what freezing fog looked like so picture: click

Something strange had happened to her forest. The normal look of the shadowy forest, dulled and colored blue by mist had faded away as the leaves had fallen. It was as if someone had turned the lights on after living in darkness. The sky did more than just peep through the occasional branch, it was a vast expanse of pale grey that overpowered the naked twigs that had sheltered her since she was born. She felt exposed, but these changes left her rapt with wonder. The trees and bushes and rocks twinkled like a river, coated by the frozen fog droplets. The fog was white rather than blue, it looked like the plumes that rose from her nose. All at once the world was soft with this haze and sparkling with the diamond frost. Her jaw hung open.

The land had been getting colder, too. The adults had regarded this with frowns and more silent unhappiness, but that seemed to be how they greeted all sorts of change in their lives. But this time, perhaps, they seemed a little warier. Sahalie figured it had something to do with the cache size, as there had been a distinct shortage of prey in the area lately. She wondered when the birds would return. Their song had been strangely absent.
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie still was surprised that she had actually been accepted into the pack, though she didn’t have much to offer currently she had made a promise that she would do her best. She had some basics though and she hoped that would be enough to get her by until she could improve her skills and maybe one day she would be able to gain one of the roles that Cornelia had spoken about . Now that she had a new home Leotie thought that it might be a good idea to become acquainted with it and as she had left the den it seemed much colder than it had been and part of her was glad that she had made the decision that she had to join the pack. Taking a deep breath of the cold air she took in the sights that greeted her which were something that she had the vaguest memory of from her puppy hood. She sniffed a nearby leaf that was coated in small ice crystals and felt them melt against her nose.

To her it seemed that the clouds had descended on the forest that she now called her home making it somewhat difficult to decide which way to start but finally she just headed out into the grey expanse in front of her. Through the day she had used her nose for the most part to make sure that she didn’t cross out of her packs lands but she also marveled in the fog spread out on all sides of her. Leotie couldn’t ever remember a sight such as this back home in her yard and for the first time since she had left that life she didn’t hate the way things were now so much. With the fog it had been difficult to tell not only which direction she had been traveling but also the time of day but just as she really started to worry she thought she had glimpsed a figure ahead though it was hard to tell through the fog. She felt the best way to find out was to go and see for herself so she slowly made her way toward the figure and when she felt she was close enough she called out, “Hello, Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?”

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2015, 01:24 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Sahalie had been under the impression that she was alone — as this was most often the case. It was hard to be around others, honestly, in the aftermath of Anneliese's death and the arrival of the squealers. No one had time to talk about their feelings, everyone was on edge. Sahalie wanted to reach out to her family, knowing with certainty that such a thing was the right thing. But for the first time in her life she found herself behaving like she were in their paws rather than her own: she did not want to talk to anyone. She felt irreparably confused by her own emotions. She saw Anna's face in the shadow of every snowdrift, the woman's expression so plain and thoughtful that it made her and ache with a kind of bittersweetness she had not expected to feel. She wanted Anna to come back, the real Anna. She wanted to fix things. Her frustration was more powerful than her grief, and though she knew instinctively that it was wrong she blamed Anna for causing her small family more pain. Anna should have known not to die. Having these feelings was what made talking to the others so impossible: it felt wrong to be so mad, so detached from grief, to still be capable of wonder and excitement at the changes taking place in nature.

She was barely half a year old. How could she contain these things?

At any rate, the voice came as a surprise to the girl. Its unfamiliarity caused her to jump slightly. "Eh?" Squinting as she turned about in the fog, she thought she could discern some shape of another wolf. They were asking for directions. Her nose tested the air, but the amount of moisture in the atmosphere made it impossible to tell who this wolf was. They were in pack territory, but their tone did not necessarily suggest that they had no reason to be here. Cautiously, the dark girl brought herself towards the shadow. She was either brave or stupid to not keep the mists between them, but she thought little of the danger others posed. As the mist between them thinned, the details and colors began to emerge from the form. Her golden eyes widened at the rich carpet of colors draped across the wolf. The effect of the black on the cream was quite stunning. It still surprised her that her species seemed to come in so many more colors than she had initially thought possible. Now when she inhaled, it became clear that this wolf wore Drestig's scent. Blinking several times, Sahalie remembered there was an answer expected of her. "Depends on where you wanna go..."

"You're uhm... new aren't you?"
(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2015, 05:54 PM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie had hoped the feeling of being lost would leave her once she had found a pack to belong to but she supposed that she just hadn’t given it enough time. She wasn’t sure how long she’d been out there on her own but now that she was within the confines of Oak Tree Bend she felt a lot safer and that she would have the opportunity to be more than what she was or would have been had she stayed with her humans. She was sure that they missed her as she did them but she had lost her chance to find them so it was time for her to move on. The fog created its own challenges causing navigation to be rather difficult. Leotie was starting to wonder if venturing out that day before the fog could disappear had been the best idea she could have had her first day in a new place.

Luckily for her she came across another wolf or at least she thought it was another wolf. The mist was making it hard to discern but soon enough the question was answered as the wolf appeared through the mist. She was much darker and looked younger than herself but that didn’t matter to Leotie. The wolf seemed like they belonged there and hopefully knew which way to direct her in. “I was hoping to get back to the den before it became dark,” she explained offering the younger wolf a smile. She was a little surprised when asked if she was new, “Yes actually I only just arrived so I haven’t had much time to meet anyone. I’m Leotie by the way.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2015, 06:19 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Then Den. Sahalie's paws itched uncomfortably — she hadn't had any intention of returning to oak tree any time soon. It was much more important that she get out there and look for Drift. She chewed her lip. But on the other hand, if she did not help this very present, clearly lost, brand new pack mate she would definitely be in the wrong. Two lost wolves were worse than one, that was for sure. Her paws were clearly tied. Besides, it would be good to get to know this new wolf. Apparently no one had greeted Veed and he had been left to assume that there was something wrong with him. Leotie did not deserve this impression. Though, she was likely to end up with it anyone with everyone still frozen in grief after Anna's death.

"Come on, I'll show you the way," she said, making a vague gesture with her paw and set off to the right. She was so used to the opaque atmosphere that hung over her woodlands that she did not need sight not smell to guide her back. But they were quite a ways out, it would take some time. All the better to get to know this woman.

"I'm Sahalie. My dad used to be the leader... but then he had to step down." It seemed an awkward way to explain who she was, but there was really no other way to describe what she was doing here, what her story was. Did she even have a story? Thendaro and Veed had stories. Everyone else in the Bend had a story. "What about you?"
(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2015, 02:30 AM by Sahalie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

With darkness approaching she felt it important to get back to the den. After a nights rest and something to eat she could continue to become more acquainted with her new home. For a moment she wondered what Gil was going to do when he found that she had left the Red Fern Forest and she hoped that he would be happy for her to have found a pack. She also hoped in time the lost feeling she felt would go away and she would learn and know the packs lands well so she wouldn't have to ask for directions.

She smiled when the younger female said she would show her, "Thank you, I'm very grateful for your help." Leotie was glad to have found this pack mate when she did or else she might have been lost in the forest all night. While it wouldn't have been her first night alone she much preferred a warm den over the cold ground."It's nice to meet you," she stated, "That's a pretty name. Who's your father? If you don't mind my asking," she added. Leotie did wonder why her father had to step down but she thought it best not to ask since she was so new to the pack. Then the question about her came up, "Well I traveled from the Red Fern Forest," she supplied, "but before that I had been lost from my previous home so came in search of a new home and ended up here at your packs borders." Leotie hoped that was enough for Sahalie. She was afraid to reveal too much more about her past for fear she would lose this opportunity she'd been given.

(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2015, 01:36 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
A proud smile spread across her face when her name was complimented. "Thanks! I think so too! My dad named me after my grandpa I think. His name was Rihael" She liked that her name was grounded in history. It made her feel more connected to her world, to her father, to her family. She was a part of something. "My dad's name, though, is Triell. We're Tainns." Maybe the family name would mean nothing to this lady, but Sahalie felt it was just as important as her father or her grandfather's name. At any rate, Leotie was equally likely to be familair with any one of them.

Her head bobbed conversationally at the mention of Red Fern Forest --she knew where that was. But apparently Leotie was not from the ferns, but somewhere else. "That's kinda funny," she responded, her neutral tone suggesting that there was really nothing funny about it at all, "Normally wolves here end up lost. I guess they go find homes somewhere else..." Had Nayeli? Had Drift? "But you're the other way around." A small smile flickered on her face as she gazed up at the strange colored wolf.

"How'd you get lost?" She wondered if this was an impertinent question to ask, given that she had not chosen to elaborate originally. She stared determinedly at her paws as they guided her through the mist.
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2015, 03:30 AM by Sahalie.)
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie hadn't ever thought about why her humans had given her the name she had. It wasn't until Sahalie spoke of where she had gotten her name that Leotie had started to wonder. Still the answer to that question was one that she would probably never get since I did not seem she would ever see her humans again. “I think that’s special to be named after a relative like that,” stated Leotie, “I bet he would be very proud to have a granddaughter named after him.” Sahalie then spoke about her father which Leotie tried to commit the name that she had given as her father’s name to memory and the fact that Sahaile and her father were Tainns, she felt that had to mean something the way that the younger female had said it, “He must be very special to have been a leader,” commented Leotie thought she wasn’t really sure what it took to be a leader but whatever it was he must have been good at it.

She couldn’t help the hesitation she felt when asked about how she had ended up in the Red Fern Forest and eventually here in Oak Tree Bend. “Yes I suppose I am different, she agreed, “Have many of your pack members gotten lost there?” She asked curiously since she hadn’t really run into too many wolves but it was a big place.

Then she was asked about how she got lost and that caused Leotie to have to think for a moment as she tried to remember the exact circumstances. Finally she said, “To be honest I’m not really sure. I think that I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere and not realized it until it was much too late to go back,” she explained. That was the one thing that Leotie couldn’t be absolutely sure of no matter how many times she tried to replay it in her mind.

(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2015, 10:35 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Leotie apologies for taking so long e_e finals got to me, then ...texas with my sister :x
Sahalie could think of no other response than a hesitant, almost embarrassed smile. She hoped her grandfather would have been proud, though she knew little of what he would have been like. Her own father had been young --younger than she was-- when he had died in the fire. To that effect, she had no idea the kind of man Rihael was. But certainly it sounded, the way her father said his name, like there was a legacy attached to the man. Like there were years and years that stretched back behind her. Oh how she hoped, pleaded with the universe for her grandfather's approval, though the weight of it fell unevenly, uncertainly onto her shoulders. What sort of things would she have to do to make such a man proud? To continue the story? Everything seemed so broken now.

"In the ferns?" She stopped momentarily, chewing on her lip as she considered the question. "Dunno. My mother went missing after I was born. Never met her....and my brother's missing now." Suddenly it felt like she was treading on dangerous territory. These were emotions she still was unsure if she could control. The loss of a mother she had never known was still so new, it confused her. And her brother... No. Things were okay. Things were going to turn out okay because Sahalie was going to get everything figured out and find a way out of this mess. For everyone. "There were some others... I guess" this knowledge was mostly gathered from the way everyone talked, how resigned they seemed to it all. "We're working on that though, don't worry." She flashed her new packmate a very determined smile.

Leotie's story made about as much sense as a story about getting lost could. After all, had Leotie really known how she had ended up in Relic Lore, the charmingly colored wolf could have traced her way back. "But now you're here!" The dark girl chimed in brightly, her tail wagging behind her encouragingly. Her face crystallized on this smile, looking quite hard despite her cheerfulness, "And I can help you make sure you never get lost again."

The familiar shapes of the trees began to appear from the mist and Sahalie's pace began to slow. "Do you wanna be my friend, Leotie?"