(See All?) Announcements
655 Users Online
Bing, Juniper, Google, Vanadis

Matricaria discoides — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
maybe wrap up with your next post or another from me? :3 we can have a more updated one soon!

He quite enjoyed the company of the younger healer — so much that he was delaying his return to Hearthwood. Although the loner might not be accompanying him back to the river today, XIX hoped that he would see him soon. The borders of Hearthwood would always be open to the pale loner, whether it be now or in the future — even months from now. Since Karina had taken up other interests Lachesis missed having an apprentice; someone to share his knowledge with as well as learn more together. The life of a healer was a never-ending process. There was always more to be taught; more to discover. There were things that he knew that others did not, and vice versa. Which was why it was so important for communication between healers from other packs to be open and unbiased. They relied on each other, as there were certain areas that specific plants grew in that could not be accessed where he was.

“Pineapple weed, too,” he commented absently, forehead knitted as he surveyed the palisade. The young healer added his voice once more to the cold air, musing his thoughts aloud and stealing Nineteen’s attention away from his own thoughts. “Yes, much easier,” he chuckled at the boy’s comment, his features softening. “It’s almost time for me to return home — would you like to accompany me to the borders? Just so you know where to find me if you need me,” he added, his tail wagging slowly behind him. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The art of healing Emrys understood was something that he would know everything about but now that he had meet the older male he had new hope that he could increase his knowledge. Then he could become the healer that he was sure his mother would want him to be and then he could feel like he had made her proud. It was just disappointing that he did not yet feel that he could be part of a pack so that he could return to Hearthwood River with Lachesis where he could spend more time with the alpha learning all the things that he sought. That was the reason why this time that he spent with him was so important especially since he didn’t know when he might be able to pay him a visit again.

“Yes.” Emrys agreed as he glanced across the snow covered ground they were covering during their short travel. It was times like this he wished the snow was gone so that he could see the plants that he was looking for but at least he now knew where he needed to look in the future. Lachesis then announced that he needed to be heading back to his pack which was completely understandable considering his rank. However, he wasn’t expecting the invitation to accompany the older male to the borders . “I appreciate the offer and I think I will accept,” he stated, “It would be good to know where to find you in future.”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
feel free to throw in another post or archive this <3 @Emrys thank you for the wonderful thread, i would definitely like an updated one soon :)

What Lachesis liked most about healing was that it was never ending. There was always more to learn; more to discover. Which was why, despite his loner tendencies, XIX did not mind the social aspect of it. It was difficult finding others who practiced the same craft, but the connection was almost immediate. Which was why he hoped that the blue-eyed loner would seek out Hearthwood for a home in the future. The ghost’s time was being eaten up by his duties as leader, so it would be good to have another set of healing paws in the pack. But he understood Emrys’ desire to remain without a pack for awhile longer. He was new to these lands and did not want to be tied down so quickly with pack duties and rules. As much as the pale leader wanted to invite him across Hearthwood borders, he knew he couldn’t.

A smile curled onto his maw when the younger medic accepted his invitation. This way Emrys would know where to find him if he did need to seek him out in the future (which Lachesis hoped he would). There were plenty of other packs in Relic Lore that would eager to swoop up a young, capable healer. Hopefully the ghost had made an impression on the loner. Whether he pursued the river wolves or not, he hoped that they would be friends regardless. With a flick of his nose, he motioned for his new friend to follow him east, to where the trees of Kingsfall loomed over the edge of the tundra. “Like I said before, my borders are always open to you. I’m just a call away.” And hopefully he would hear his call soon. 

Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Thank you for the thread as well.

The young male knew he needed to have a mentor to help withhis learning of the healing arts but Emrys didn’t think that it was time he joined a pack at that time. It saddened him to tell Lachesis that he didn’t feel ready to join a pack but part of him did want to because he felt that the leader would be a good teacher for him. The young male also couldn’t get the feeling of how nice it would be to have another healer around to talk to about different herbs and how to use them or if he had a patient that he was having a hard time with, to have a second opinion . For now that wasn’t meant to be but that didn’t stop Emrys from filing it away for later, the fact that he would always be welcome on Hearthwood River was something that he would always keep in mind. He was sure that one day he would want to settle down and then he could join Lachesis in Hearthwood River if he wasn’t needed somewhere else of course.

Unfortunately only time would tell in this situation so he could not give the older male an exact time when he would be ready. However he did think that it was a good idea to go with Lachesis to see where the borders of Hearthwood River lay so that he would be able to find them later for the day when he wanted to meet with Lachesis again. So with invitation accepted he gladly followed his new friend east through the forest to the borders. As they moved through the trees he had the distinct thought that Lachesis lived in very nice place and he could see why this pack had chosen this place. “I appreciate that Lachesis and I am glad to have met you. I will be sure to call you when I am next in this part of the forest,” he told the older male. By then it might be spring and they could really have a lesson or just a chat. “I should be going now and get back to my den before night falls and the temperature drops. I hope to see you soon, bye Lachesis.” With his good bye said Emrys took one last look at the area so that he would know it when he came looking for it before he turned to head back home himself.

(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2016, 03:53 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

As the trees loomed on the horizon Lachesis knew that their time together was coming to an end. He knew there was no amount of smooth talking that he could do in order to convince @Emrys to cross the borders with him, which made the inevitable departure even more bittersweet. Perhaps one day they would be walking through the cedars together, but not yet.

“I’m glad to have met you as well,” he retorted with a soft wag of his tail, “and I do hope we cross paths again soon.” XIX dipped his head as the pale loner turned to leave, his pear gaze focused on his slim frame as it faded into the horizon. The snow would be gone soon and it would make plant-hunting much easier — perhaps Emrys would be out and about once spring had kissed the lands of Relic Lore. Lachesis could not wait to stretch his legs and venture a little further to collect the plants that had remained dormant over the winter. His legs practically curled in excitement at the thought.

With a faint smile pressed to his pale maw the ghost turned to the trees, the welcoming (and overwhelming) scent of cedar rushing over him as he stepped between the tall trunks. Since sleep seemed to evade him lately Lachesis knew that he would be lurking about the borders, ensuring the scent markers were fresh and that no loners were lingering where they shouldn’t be.

Lach exit.

(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2016, 08:57 AM by Lachesis.)