569 Users Online
Nia, Bing, Google

No Place Like Home — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
For @Lachesis and @Kisla

Inna is returning home after spending some time away from Hearthwood River.

It's mid-afternoon, cool and cloudy.

The time had come for Inna to finally return home to Hearthwood River. She was a little nervous about it since her departure had been so abrupt and she wasn’t sure what her family would say. She still wasn’t sure that she’d found the answer’s to the questions she’d been looking for but she had been gone far too long already and she missed everyone. Inna hoped that her mother and father wouldn’t be too angry with her and instead might on some level understand why she had to go. What she had discovered and in some ways already knew was that her family was very important to her and so was the wellbeing of the pack. Now that she had some experience she felt that she would be able to better serve her pack in the future. She had been born to the alpha’s and she now understood better than she ever did what that meant for her future.

When there were no more stops to make before reaching the border of her home land Inna knew that she had to continue on. When the familiar scents reached her nostrils she stopped slightly unsure. When she had left her father had still been injured and Lachesis had taken over as leader but she didn’t know if her father had recovered enough to reclaim his position in the pack. This led her to be a little confused about who to call to the border. In the end she thought that it best to call Lachesis, in case nothing had changed, and her mother. Inna was sure that her mother would want to be one of the first ones to know that she was back. With that decision made she rose her muzzle above her head and called for Lachesis and Kisla.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2016, 04:01 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Inna, much like her brother Orren, was curious of the world, and as such, had requested the time and space to satiate her curiosity. Kisla had complied, pleased only that not all of her children saw fit to lead her to an early death with worry, and upon kissing the young girl upon the crown of her head, had set her off in to the world.

So when Inna’s howl resounded throughout the River, the honeyed she-wolf gave a gentle smile, uncurling herself from the side of her sick mate, Maksim. Sweeping her nose across the crown of his head, she murmured to him that she would be back with good news, and quickened her pace towards the borders.

The dark form of her daughter was not a disappointing one, and even though Inna had reached her adult height, the mother could still see changes within her daughter. A warm smile smoothed across her features as she made to close the distance between the two, her eyes bright as she studied the girl to ensure no harm had come to her. “Welcome home,” she murmured, aiming to brush her muzzle to the girl’s cheek in affection. “You have been sorely missed.” She spoke for all the River wolves with the sentiment – but more so for Inna’s blood family. “Lekalta has been asking when you would be back,” she noted softly, pulling back and giving the girl a gentle wink. “Come, you must be tired from your journey. Tell me all about it?” With that, the girl was accepted back in to the lands she had been born – the lands Kisla hoped she would call home for quite some time.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Though she had sought permission for her absence from Hearthwood River she’d had her worries about returning. She was sure that a lot had happened while she was away and she did feel some guilt for leaving while her father was still on the mend. Mostly she hoped that she would be welcomed back with open paws.

After calling for her mother Inna waited on the border nervously for a glimpse of Kisla coming to welcome her back. Her tail began to swish furiously behind her the moment that she saw the familiar figure of her mother coming toward her.

“It’s good to be back,” she said as her mother brushed her muzzle against her cheek. Inna returned the gesture with a lick to Kisla’s cheek. “I have missed you all as well. How have you been? How’s father?” Inna asked the worry she felt for both of her parent’s in her tone. Inna knew that her mother had seemed tired during the last pack meeting before she had left and had been worried about her just as much as her father. “I will have to surprise her then,” she stated with a small laugh when Kisla mentioned that Lekalta had been asking about her return. Inna did miss her sister and hoped that she hadn’t been getting herself into too much trouble. “Yes, quite but nothing a good rest can’t fix. I would love to, what would you like to know first?” She asked as she followed her mother back into her home, the place she hoped she could remain forever.

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2016, 02:47 AM by Inna.)

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Inna greeted her and Kisla’s heart warmed at the prospect of at least having one more of her children home with her. She ushered Inna forward, closer toward the heart of their terrain as she stole glances upon the now grown girl every so often – Inna and Lekalta were as different as night and day.. and of her five children, she could easily admit that none of them were truly similar to one another.

“Your father is still on the mend,” she noted quietly, trying to keep the worry from lacing her tones before casting the ebony she-wolf a gentle smile. “And I’m fine,” she answered, withholding her honesty once more—after all, what good would it do to concern the yearling of her own concerns and hardships?

She continued to trail the path toward the river, her pace aiming to keep at the side of the young Baranski. She led them to the den where Maksim was resting – no doubt he would be eager to greet his daughter as well. “Where did you go? Did you meet anyone else?” Of course she was curious to know of Inna’s adventures – the girl had been so eager to explore the world, the tawny woman was keen to know what had seemingly satiated her curiosity enough to bring her home.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It was comforting seeing her mother after what seems like forever to the yearling. Inna hadn't realized just how homesick she actually was until that moment. She couldn't wait to see the rest of her family, to let them know that she'd returned and that she was okay. The ebony princess allowed herself to be ushered further into the packs territory. During the trek Inna noticed how different everything seemed which lead her to think about all the things that must have happened in her absence. Part of her still couldn't believe that she was finally home and walking to the heart of Hearthwood River beside her mother.

Inna nodded as her mother as she spoke about the well-being of herself and Inna ' s father. "I did worry about him in my absence," she admitted, "And though I am glad to hear he is still on the mend I was hoping he'd be fully recovered by now." The truth was Inna did have some guilt about leaving while her father was still. "I'm glad to hear your doing well too," she said giving Kisla an affectionate nudge on the shoulder.

The next questions that Kisla had Inna had expected, her mother would want to know of her adventures. "I went many places mostly toward the south. I also met a few wolves along the way," she explained, "Not to worry though I was careful," she added to assure her mother. Inna had always remembered the words of her mother while traveling alone. Though she'd had a thirst for adventure she knew that her mother had the most valuable advice.

(This post was last modified: May 27, 2016, 03:09 PM by Inna.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Kisla tipped her muzzle in recognition to her daughter's concerns -- Maksim was indeed something to worry about. He was no worse for wear, and yet, as the moons passed, the tawny woman could not help but feel as if he should have been further mended by now. Neither were youthful any longer, but they had years left -- years she ached to spend with him at her side.. whether it was at the helm of the River pack, or simply allowing the reigns to fall upon the younger couples and guiding them as they aged.

Having Inna home helped soothe her worries though, and the she-wolf tried to maintain a decent pace as she lead the way to the healing den, where Lachesis had placed Maksim with some nearby herbs. "And what were they like?" She was genuinely curious about her daughter's time away, and while she did not outright wish to ask if her dark girl meant to stay within the River for long term, she could not bring herself to make such a demand posed as a question. Inna was older now, and her children were all beginning to find their way in life. She need not push them so.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna didn't understand what could be so wrong with her father that he hadn't recovered in the time she'd been gone. The fact that he wasn't better caused her to worry about a lot like her mother and siblings. Inna did question her leaving home with her father so ill, her family might have needed her. However, Inna did understand that what was done was done and now she was home and could be there for her family. Though she hadn't ever been through something like this she was sure they would be there for her too.

Now that she was much bigger it was hard for Inna to stay in step with her mother as they made their way to the healing den. It was much different than it had been when she was a pup and following behind. "They were all pretty nice and some were even helpful if I needed some direction," she explained in response to her mother's question about the wolves she'd met. "I had been worried that the wolves I met along the way might not be so friendly and I'm sure there are some out there but I'm glad that the ones I did run into were friendly." Inna had been very careful during her travels as her mother had instructed her in a previous conversation. Though she might be adventurous Inna wasn't one to not heed her mother's warnings.

(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2016, 05:58 AM by Inna.)

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
@Inna one more from you and then I can do a fade

Inna’s familiar voice soothed her – the fact the girl had not held any quarrels or issues on her travels only further aided the restless mother, and every so often she would glance back to take in her ebony daughter, studying her carefully as if to ensure she was indeed alright. As they got closer to Maksim, Kisla’s own pace slowed slightly, her eyes drifting from her daughter to study whether or not her mate was perhaps outside, enjoying nature.

He was nowhere in sight – but she did not fret, for it only meant he was likely within the den resting. Slowing, the tawny she-wolf circled to her daughter, nudging her gently forward in a coaxing manner to the direction of the den. “I’m glad you’re home, safe.. where you belong,” she murmured, her muzzle pressing a kiss to Inna’s temple before pulling back. Nodding in the direction of the den, she settled to her haunches. “I’ll give you some time with your father – perhaps after we can take a walk together." With that, she fell silent, her gaze following her youngest daughter’s movements. It was strange how months went by without Inna within their borders – and now that she was home, it was as if nothing had changed on the girl, despite her appearance, as she was now more grown.

(This post was last modified: Jul 25, 2016, 01:34 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Sounds good!

Inna hoped that her words had comforted her mother though the ebony girl was sure that Kisla had worried the whole time she was gone. A lot had happened during her journey but she felt it was important that nothing very serious had, that she hadn’t been hurt. AS they made their way to the den where her father rested Inna did feel bad that not only had she worried about Maksim but she’d also had to worry about her daughter as well. That was over now though and Inna could be there for her mother in whatever way that she might need as she waited for her father to recover.

The ebony girls eyes closed as she felt her mother’s kiss on her temple and the comfort it brought her. It was something she’d missed very much in her time away, her mother always ha a way of making her feel better about a situation and this time was no different. “I’m glad to be home safe and sound and that I can be here for you while father recovers.” They had reached the den where Maksim rested and as much as she wanted to see her father and make sure that he was recovering comfortable she was also worried about his reaction to her leaving and return. Inna nodded, “I would like to take a walk after I have spoken with him. I hope that he’d not too angry with me for leaving.” She had been worried about that as well while she had been away. Finally she grazed her mother’s cheek with her muzzle before she turned and entered the den to see her father.

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2016, 12:00 AM by Inna.)