Make a wish on our sorry little hearts — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 29 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor
heel for heel and toe for toe

"Quentin.." Darrah repeated back. The masked youth nodded as if to confirm it. To the question that followed, another bob of his head was given. At this point, he supposed it could be that sort of relationship - teacher to pupil or master to apprentice - they just needed to actually get together and start. For a while now, Quentin was still assessing the surrounding areas and looking for certain plants that he could show Sahalie. Thus far the only plant of interest were a bunch of Douglas' thornapple shrubs... Douglas thornapple shrubs everywhere... Every so often, when he found the desire to start counting leaves or observing characteristics, he also discovered Black Nightshade, but there was very little he knew about the poisonous plant apart from leaving it well alone.

The prince and heir apologized then and Quentin shied away a bit. Truthfully, he did adore the girl, at least and at first, the way a doting cousin might whenever he came to visit from afar. He did think her pretty and kind and absolutely lovely, he just hadn't opened up to the idea of having her as a crush or anything of the like because she had seemed so young when they had first met. Besides, he was still that sort of chap who believed himself not-so-great or attractive (most especially with his Spring coat in plain sight with those unsightly circles around his eyes). So when Darrah seemed to approve of him teaching her, Quentin genuinely smiled. As for the part about wishing him luck in regards to helping the pack and keep it strong in the ways he knew how (participation, maintaining its health and well-being, and educating its whelps), a tilt of the head and a raised brow told him of his confusion.

"What d'ye mean by that?" he questioned. "I mean, I was aware somethin' wasn't right, that they needed help when I came along but Oak Tree Bend's got a lot of potential." In following Sahalie and his Leaders' footsteps day in and day out, he had soon come to realize just how many members currently inhabited the heavily forested place; by first impression, it seemed that most were busy and had their own agendas. What they were doing was none of Quentin's business until he figured that medication or something like aromatherapy was needed; and, with that being sorted out, he decided on his own that Sahalie's family were the sort of wolves who took care of themselves. "Unless you meant that nothin' will actually grow in a place like this... If ye ask me, this forest 'as quite a few leafy specimen. Even the smallest bit of sunshine 'elps."

[Image: iWnkFAb.png]
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Darrah Tainn
Sorry for the wait! Dx! One more each?

Darrah sighed as his company spoke. Of course nobody filled him in on Oak Tree Bend's tragic past. Though then again, why would they? An outsider learning their tale, well, that'd surely only scare them away! No wolf wanted to hear that pack members were constantly dying, disappearing, ect. They'd probably assume they were next! "We've just.." The prince thought on it for a second, perhaps some things were just better left unsaid after all. "We've been through a lot. Please try to be patient with us.. All of us." Who's smart idea was it to build a pack next to a haunted forest anyway? 'We're cursed.'

"You're right about the vegetation though," Darrah murmured. It wasn't something he'd noticed as a pup, but the woods did have quite an interesting variety of plant life if one went searching hard enough. "I'm sure you're excited to teach Sahalie all about it, which again, I appreciate. So long as you make sure you keep her away from those funny mushrooms, of course. Wouldn't want to give me a reason to dislike you." Especially considering he was the future king. Though maybe he was overreacting just a tad. "But you seem smarter than that, I feel like I can trust you."

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2016, 07:30 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Grey who has 29 posts.
Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
s'okay! c: here's my 'fade', one more from you should help wrap it up!

step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor
heel for heel and toe for toe

The prince seemed to stumble on his words and Quentin immediately empathized; in fact, it drew the youth's acquaintance close to him in the sense that he would make the best of friends of Sahalie and her darker-coated brother. "O'course," his smile returned in light of being asked if he could be patient. Truth be told, if things continued to be this way, he was certain he would have patience abound. It wasn't like the wolves of Oak Tree Bend were always moaning and groaning about some ailment he possibly could not cure or constantly keeping an ear or an on him (that was basically @Sahalie's job).

When Darrah commented about the vegetation and the thrill that Sahalie's lessons promised, the aspiring herbalist nodded. He even chuckled about the mushroom part, even if he was not as familiar with the spongy, capped things as he would like. "Wouldn't even dare," he confided. To the compliment, he fought all urges to shy away and nodded as a form of gratitude; thus far, he owed the Tainns and their relations quite a bit. Not very many wolves, apart from his own family, saw the brilliance through his bumbling antics or half-stuttered words.

"And I you." Yes, settling into the pack for good, now that he had met Sahalie's older sibling, was going to be a whale of a time (not that he had ever seen a whale - some ginormous fish without scales - before). At long last, the sway in his downy tail picked up, "Say, d'ye wanna take a walk with me? Could prob'ly find Sahalie 'long th'way... or just stroll along? Still tryin' to see if I can find some practical plants an' some company would be nice."

[Image: iWnkFAb.png]
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Darrah Tainn

Relief conquered the prince's body as his company assured him that the mushrooms would be a no-go. He'd never consumed the vegetable personally, though an encounter with one who had was surely warning enough. The eldest Tainn sibling simply wouldn't be able to handle the stress of his precious sister's rambunctious hallucinations had she been gifted with one or two, especially if it turned her into a religious nut like it had the other. Maybe the male wasn't so bad after all, though time would tell for sure.

"I'm glad to hear that." The ravened heir nodded, feeling a bit proud that regardless of previous circumstances he was still able to come off as trustworthy. "I'd love to join you. Maybe I could show you where the chaga mushrooms are. That is, if you haven't found them yourself." He knew little of herbs and their healing's, but maybe what he did know would be beneficial enough to at the very least humor the male. "And lavender. I know where that is as well." With nothing else quite planned for the day, Darrah was actually quite content with the invitation. No better way to get to know someone than spending some time with them after all. Plus, Quentin could actually end up making a great ally some day. The inky prince let his tail wag freely, walking alongside a new companion. "But first, let's see if we can find Sahalie."

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.