(See All?) Announcements
625 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley, Magg, Clover

You think I'm just too serious, I think you're full of shit — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eek

When he spoke she visibly flinched. Oh cat were not to be trifled with, their bites even less so. If there was any chance that the wound had been infected, and it was the type that would hang around, well he'd probably have better luck at recovery by taking the limb clean off. If the skin had closed over the wound and the infection was under the skin... "You couldn't start me off with something like a sniffle could you?" There was a pull at the edge of her mouth to pass the comment off as a dry attempt at humour, but her wide silver eyes were worried. "Pain is easy, it's infection I'm concerned about." She addressed the leader, still holding her place, "Has the skin grown over? Are there any hard lumps?" She wasn't about to get up in his personal space if he didn't quite trust her yet.

Oh if it had closed over it would be a much more involved procedure than a couple of well chosen herbs. "I can go fetch some white fir to take the edge off the pain, and some redcedar to take care of any lingering infection..." Go fetch, like a harmless dog. The next step would depend on whether his wound had healed over or not.

(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2016, 03:35 AM by Eek.)
[Image: eek_sig_by_becuffin-db8e3ou.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Eek I'm so sorry, I made you wait long!

He blinked, his face without emotion as Eek contemplated what he was asking of her; this would most likely become a very long relationship. He knew that she could be useful, and though he was not confident in the scope of her practice, he knew that as time went on she could only grow better. She wondered the condition of the wound and he found himself looking the wound over, seeking out any protruding flesh or odd coloring and when he found non he shook his head, finally speaking, "I broke the skin a few times when it was attempting to scab over, by means of keeping the flesh as fresh and raw as possible. I haven't touched it recently, but it doesn't seem to have healed too bad." he wasn't, after all, a healer therefore his judgement was limited.

She mentioned giving kind of fir for the pain and immediately he seemed to have perked up, a soft thump from his tail announced his pleasure in having something to finally take the edge off. He had become more irritable since the incident and was sure that others who knew him well had noticed. He did not speak to Eek though, for fear of seeming too desperate for relief, but every fiber of his being was screaming for some kind of medicine.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by becuffin who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eek
@Koda I'm happy to wrap this up here unless you'd like to get another reply in :)

His response made things easier and she visibly relaxed, a half smile daring to tug at the edges of her mouth. "That was a wise move," her voice even daring to take on the tone of a praise. Already the shadows were growing longer as the day slipped away from them, and now she had to travel up the mountain slopes to find the plants she had promised. "You should head back," her suggestion was one of reassurance, "I'll find what I need and then track you down back there." She would earn his trust before she decided to act one way or the other. There was no point placing all her eggs in one basket just yet.

Once she had waited to see if he had anything else to add, she turned pale eyes to the heights. It looked like she was taking the long way home. In her head she reminded herself, white fir, scrub pine, redcedar, goldenrod... anything and everything that might be of use... One way or another.

[Image: eek_sig_by_becuffin-db8e3ou.png]
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He felt his ears pull backward, a smile was slow to form along the corners of his mouth but eventually the agouti male found himself opening just slightly to the healer. She had agreed to help him, and it was all he needed for his confidence and his opinion of her to skyrocket as she reassured him. It would be wise for him to find patience as she searched for her needed herbs, and yet he felt that he could not contain himself, the thought of becoming whole again excited him to all fours as slow wags came to his rump; he couldn't wait for the pain to subside.

She went one way and Koda watched her until her form became a blur in the backdrop of the vast mountain and the expanse of greenery that awaited her. He would eventually make his way back to his den where rest would be his company before sleep took over him and the pain could no taint his mind. He thought of one thing, and that was meeting with Eek in the coming weeks to see if she had found what she needed to help him. In the mean time, he took his time wandering back home, taking care to cater his hind leg as the scenery around them quickly changed.

"--Fade to black--

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.