Google, Bing

A New Day — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
For @Lachesis

Backdated to the day after Inna's return to Hearthwood River

Inna was glad to finally be back home with her family and those that were important to her though she had to admit that after being gone for so long it was a bit strange to be back. Her mother had met her at the border and brought her back into pack territory but with her father still on the mend Inna knew that Lachesis would still be alpha. She thought that it only appropriate that she announce her return to him as well which was why she had been passively looking for him since she had woken that morning. She had also been re-familiarizing herself with Hearthwood River, it was good to visit all the places that she had before she left.

When Inna hadn’t come across Lachesis all morning she returned to the den where her father was recovering in hopes that he might be there looking in on Maksim. When she arrived she remained quiet in case her father was sleeping, Inna didn’t want to wake him. “Lachesis?” she whispered hoping that he would hear her, “Are you there? I was hoping to speak with you,” She added in the same tone. She really hoped that he was in there or near enough he could hear her. She thought that it was best that she speak with him that say since she didn’t want her return to be a surprise to him.

(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2016, 02:47 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
a bit of PP because i assumed she was outside the den, if that's not ok let me know and i change!! <3
@Inna

As of late the former king of Hearthwood was a reoccurring roommate in Lachesis’ infirmary. Some days he would appear to be improving, and others he would need to be under constant supervision. The ghost was confident that the river king would regain health — but when? He knew that Kisla and the remaining Baranski’s were getting worried, as they were eager to see their father back on feet. Lachesis could not deny that he was worried as well. Being at the helm of the river wolves had never been his intention. Even when he had received the rank of second, right-paw to Maksim, there was no desire to one day lead the pack after the agouti. XIX could not allow the pack to slip into the paws of the one-eyed dragon, which was why he was being so diligent with his duties as leader and doing whatever necessary to ensure that Hearthwood wold survive these trying times.

A voice called him from the mouth of his den, pulling him away from his thoughts. A frown creased his lips, only momentarily, as he allowed his pale gaze to rest on the sleeping king. He was reluctant to leave but he knew that his friend wasn’t going to get better by him watching him like a hawk constantly. Plus, he needed a break from his troubled mind, and Inna was the perfect distraction.

He had been pleased to discover that she had returned to the river wolves. As much as he hoped it was a sign that the rest of the Baranski children wouldn’t be far behind, he was doubtful. He could not stop their wanderlust even if he tried, for his own desires often burned feverishly inside of him when he strayed from Kingsfall. Without any further delay, the ghost scrambled to his feet and out the mouth of his den, where he found the fiery-eyed smudge. A soft, crooked smile unfolded across his maw as he studied the yearling, his tail giving a short wag behind him. “Inna,” he greeted, voice warm as it filled the air between them. “I’m happy to see you found your way back home.”

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
No worries about the PP, it was perfectly fine.

Inna waited patiently for Lachesis to appear once she had called for him but since she wasn’t even sure that he was in there she wasn’t sure how long she should wait before trying somewhere else. Since she had only just returned to Hearthwood River there could be something going on that he needed to take care of. After all she was sure that he had to be busy since he was not only their alpha but also the packs healer. After a moment she started to wonder if she should call for him a little louder but those thoughts soon left as the wolf she sought appeared before her with a smile across his maw and a wag of his tail. She took this as a good sign that he wasn’t upset with her for leaving.

The yearling returned the smile and offered Lachesis a slight bow in respect of his position upon his greeting. It was clear by his words that her return hadn’t been kept from him which she should have known since news traveled fast through the pack. “Yes and I am glad to be back,” she stated, “I am hoping to stay now that I have returned,” she added. Even though it had taken her some time to realize it she now knew this was where she belonged, it was her home and where her family was and her family had always been important to her.

“I hope that you aren’t angry with me for leaving,” she said letting her gaze drop to her paws. This was something that she had worried about as well as the anger that her mother might have for her staying away so long. The worry about her mother had been unfounded especially after the welcome she’d received and she hoped the same was true for the white alpha.

(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2016, 02:12 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorry for the short post :c

With another Baranski home Hearthwood was beginning to feel complete once more. What would truly be ideal was if Maksim’s health fully returned, but that would take time. His age did not help with the healing, which while it was frustrating that he could not do anything more for his friend, Lachesis knew he could not rush his recovery. It would take time, but it would come. The throne was waiting for him.

“This will always be your home,” he started with a soft wag of his tail, “and you will always have a place here, no matter where you go.” He did not want Inna to leave again — especially now that she had found her way back to Hearthwood — but it was important for her to know that her home was here, regardless of where she travelled to. Home was where the hearth was. His smile widened as she spoke once more, accompanied by a quick shake of his head. “No, never angry.” How could he be angry with her when he had his own wanderlust desires? His paws itched frequently for travel, but he never dared to stretch them. Until Maksim no longer needed him, Kingsfall was where he belonged. “I can’t discourage you from exploring, even if it takes you away from Hearthwood. I’m just happy that you’ve returned.” And he knew that both Kisla and Maksim were happy to have their daughter return as well. Hopefully this would help boost morale among the river wolves and they would set out to recruit more members. If puppies were to come this year, they would need to increase their numbers as well. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna was glad that she hadn’t come home because she hadn’t been able to make it on her own, on the contrary she thought she had done pretty well. What had brought her home was something that she couldn’t deny. Her family and the thought that she had left while her father was still sick. That had bothered her everyday that she was gone and as she stood outside the den where he rested she worried that he would never take his place as leader. Despite the fact that she thought Lachesis did a fine job leading the River wolves she saw her father as their leader, he couldn’t not be.

“Thank you Lachesis, I’m glad to hear that. I don’t think that any other place could be home to me. This is where I was born and most importantly my family is here.” She hoped that nothing would change that. These were the lands that she had grown up and learned the things she knew in. No place could ever replace Hearthwood River in her heart. Inna did feel a sense of relief when Lachesis said that he could never be angry with her. “I’m glad to hear that,” She told him. The last thing that she wanted was for him to be angry with her about leaving. Though she would understand if he did feel some feelings of desertion considering her leaving while her father was still sick. Lachesis soon explained why he wasn’t angry with her, “I appreciate that and I might explore more later after I have been home for a while but I don’t think I will ever be gone for that long again,” she told him. Inna remembered the conversation that she’d had with her mother some time ago but she didn’t want to bring it up just then however it made more sense to her now than it ever had before.

(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2016, 03:48 PM by Inna.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

It pleased the ghost to hear that the raven-coloured Baranski thought of Hearthwood as her only home. As of late, some founding members had left the towering cedars and bubbling river behind, which left the temporary leader feeling defeated. He did not want Maksim to think he was incapable of leading his pack while he was under the weather. They had led the pack together for many months, but it did not feel right without Maksim on the throne. Lachesis had never been a dominant wolf; he wasn’t good at telling others what to do or enforcing rules, but for Maksim, he was doing his best. XIX did not want to let his friend down.

“So tell me,” he stared, dismissing the formality of the conversation as he studied the golden-eyed princess, “how was your brief adventure? How far did you go and what did you see?” A lazy smile fell onto his pale snout as he fell back onto his hindquarters, his ears pinned forward as he waited patiently for her response. While the ghost had seen a fair chunk of Relic Lore in his travels, there were still territories that he had not yet stepped foot in. His wanderlust desires burned furiously within his chest, but his loyalty to Maksim and Hearthwood burned brighter. There would be a time for adventures in the future, when his age caught up to him and he no longer cared about hierarchy or the company of others. But, for now, listening to Inna’s adventures was of highest priority. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

All the nights she'd spent alone during her travels Inna had plenty of time to think about what she wanted to do with her future. What she wanted to do with it and where she wanted to spend it. She remembered what her mother had said before she left and with her love for Hearthwood River Inna had finally figured out what she had left her home for. It was funny how it had worked out but she was glad she was able to see a little of the world before making her decision. Being back and seeing how happy her mother and now Lachesis were to have her back only help her feel more confident about coming home.

Inna smiled when he asked about her adventure. There were so many details to tell after all it was her first great adventure on her own. She decided to start with the more important details. "It was good but hard and I feel that I learned a lot about myself," she explained. As for how far she went and what she saw, "Well, I traveled south toward the wildwood and I saw many things like how different the other parts of Relic Lore are different then Hearthwood River. Even in winter they all have their differences like black berry fields has bushes instead of trees and the trees are so different than they are here. I was also able to see animals that I hadn't seen before, some I didn't even know the names of," she admitted. Her adventure had given her more experiences then she thought she could have but it was those experiences that she felt had made her a better wolf.

(This post was last modified: Jul 07, 2016, 05:56 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis was an avid promoter for adventures and exploring as much as possible. Prior to landing in Relic Lore the ghost would have felt differently, but his forced leave from the reserve had changed him. While his experiences had not always been pleasant, they had helped shape him into the wolf he had become, and for that he was thankful. The good frequently outweighed the bad, but it was impossible to have one without the other. He was glad that Inna had been able to find her way back to Hearthwood after she had her fill of adventures. XIX often hoped that Karpos would do the same, along with the other former members who had wandered away without explanation.

“Good,” he responded once she had finished, a small smile perched lazily across his pale maw. “You were probably close to our old stomping grounds,” he added, his tongue pressed to the back of his teeth as he mused what she had told him. “Before we claimed Hearthwood we used to live in the forest south of the blackberry fields…” his voice trailed off as he recalled the collection of memories he had among the cedars. “Cut Rock River.” He paused, his smile widening. “Your father has always been fond of rivers.” They had called the rapids home before a flood pushed them out and forced them to relocate to the depths of Cedarwood. “Your mother was pregnant with you and your sister when we moved here. I’m glad that you got to see some of our old home — it certainly is much different than what we have here.” Sometimes the healer missed their former stomping grounds, but he was rather fond of Kingsfall and the tundra. It reminded him of home, and while he never planned to return to the Yukon, it was still nice to be around familiar territory. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna couldn’t deny that after her time away from her packs lands she had learned enough to make it on her own but she had been pulled back. Love for her home and family was what had brought her back and she felt that no matter where she went it would always be the thing that brought her home and she would not be able to stay away for long. Right now she knew that her mother and father needed her most and she would not desert them again as she had already done and she felt terrible for that but at least now she had the chance to make it up to them now that she was back.

A smile crossed her maw once more as Lachesis expressed that it was good she had learned a lot about herself and then went on to tell her about once of the places that she had visited. It came as a small shock that the place was where the pack used to call home. She wondered if she might have been drawn there because it used to belong to the pack. Still she let those thoughts go till later as she listened to the rest of what her leader had to say. “It was very pretty there,” she stated, “Why did mother and father decide the pack had to move?” she questioned not understand especially since Kisla had been pregnant at the time, “Surely it would have been better to stay a little longer since mother was pregnant? I am glad I was able to see it too, to see a little of our packs history.”

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2016, 12:04 AM by Inna.)