Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Private for @Emrys
Late afternoon, partly cloudy.
61*F, 22*C

Reach for the stars

As much as Jynx loved her home and the wolves in it, especially with the addition of three young balls of fluff, there still was nothing quite like getting away every once in a while. But being ever mindful of the circumstances back home, she made it a point never to be gone too long, nor stray to far, when she did head out. These solitary treks alone were not just for pleasure or for her own moments of self reflection. They also carried a more serious purpose as well. Continually striving towards becoming the top hunter in the pack, Jynx seized every opportunity she could to sharpen her skills. Travelling southward from her home by the Secluded Springs, she let her nose and eyes guide her, ever watchful for the telltale signs of prey.

Later during the day, when the sun was partly obscured by some high, patchy clouds, the aspiring huntress found that her paws had taken her into the midst of a cherry orchard. She paid the multiple cherry trees little mind, as it was still to early in the season yet for them to spawn their fruit. Rather, she was more focused on discovering if the hunting path she had been following previously, lead here or was simply a dead end. Regardless of which it was, Jynx would still take advantage of her new surroundings to examine the prey potential.

She was not to be mistaken for a wolf who was actively hunting. Instead, this was more of a recon mission. She was surveying, taking inventory of the available options and the population of certain prey species. A well practiced hunter needed to know these facts; the best hunting spots, the prey the area supported and the general health of said animals at varying times of the year. A practiced, keen yellow eye landed on the blossoms of the cherry trees with a glint of certainty. Soon, in the summer, this area would be a prime location for the passing deer and elk, no doubt coming for a tart, tasty morsel. While empty now, she could at least consider bringing something back with her. Gently nosing the pale pink leaves dotting the branches, she inhaled and mouthed them gently with her teeth. If she could find a loose, flimsy and small branch with those petals, it would make for a fine educational and sensory tool for the pups.
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys had heard of a plant that grew in blackberry Fields that was good for minor injuries that a wolf might incure. He felt that it was essential to have in his stores if he was going to offer the best care that he could to his fellow wolves when they needed his help. The thing that he hadn’t been expecting was the length of the journey though he knew that he should have been expecting it since his journey during the winter had been much further. It was times like this that he was glad he had spent so much time as a loner, it prepared him to make these long journey’s without becoming too fatigued. However there were some good things about the long journeys. Firstly it gave him the opportunity to meet other wolves in the Lore and also to learn the land in which he lived.

He also had to admit that the weather couldn’t be better for traveling, it wasn’t too hot and the sun wasn’t beating down on his pelt causing him to be hotter than he actually should be. It made it so that he didn’t have to stop to cool off. That would only extend his travels and since he didn’t like staying away from his den too long it was ideal. The pace he kept was a steady one as he trotted through the different terrain that he encountered along the way. Emrys found it rather fascinating how different on place could be from the next despite it being in the same lands.

When he came to a place that was full of trees which he had thought he’d heard it called the Wild Cherry Orchard he thought it was a good place to take a rest. From the directions he’d received he knew Blackberry fields wasn’t too far away but he’d been traveling for some time that day. Slowing his pace he thought to take stock of the area around him just so he would know what or who was around him. What he wasn’t expecting to come across there was the scent of the female that he’d run into that day and hunted with. This was definitely a nice surprise which he thought perhaps they might be able to hunt together once more. “Jynx? Is that you?” He called through the orchard hoping that the scent wasn’t old though it smelled fresh to him..

(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2016, 04:20 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Reach for the stars

Just when her canines had barely closed around a thin, wooden branch, a familiar voice calling her name stopped her. Retracting her head from the branches of the cherry tree, she glanced around curiously. Emrys. There was no doubt about it, going by the faint but unmistakable scent of herbs that seemed to be a part of him. But what was he doing way out here? The last time (and the first) she had seen him was back in Southern Eden, on the fringes of the CedarWood Forest. Golden eyes twinkling slightly, she smiled. She supposed they were overdue for a follow up meeting.

Neither wolf had yet to spot one another, due to the multiple fruit bearing trees scattered so randomly. It would take a small amount of navigating to find him. Mere seconds after he had called out, she responded. "I'm over here...this way!" Her voice carried airily. She would not stand by and wait for him to find her. Setting off in what she hoped to be the right direction, Jynx used her nose to guide her closer. Darting, watchful eyes kept a sharp lookout for the first glimpse of that telltale white fur.

While her friend was either waiting or actively searching for her, soon a flash of distinct reds and and grays broke through the greens and browns that made up the orchard. Both wolves, with their very differently colored coats, were easy to spot in this habitat. Sensing that she was close to locating the ghostly colored male, Jynx vocalized once again, this time with a soft bark. Her paws slowed her to a stop gradually, as she looked right, then left, trying to anticipate where her acquaintance might appear from.
(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2016, 08:17 PM by Jynx.)
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Though her scent wasn’t strong It was strong enough to be alerted to her presence in the orchard and he wasn’t sure of her exact position but he was sure that she was somewhere nearby. Due to the thickness of the trees he couldn’t even catch a glimpse of her coat to give him some indication as to where she was. The question of why she was here of all places since the last time he had seen her was further south did cross his mind as he picked through the trees in search of her. For Emrys it was the first time since being in this land that he had met someone once and run into them again so he wanted to see her and catch up with her, see how she was doing.

Only a short amount of time since he called out to her to let her know that he too was in the orchard Jynx called back to him. A smile crossed his face as he now had some idea of which direction to look for her in. Emrys picked up his pace as he moved through the trees in search of her, “I’m coming,” he called once more to let her know that he was looking for her. He didn’t want to miss the chance to see her again, perhaps they could hunt together since they’d made such a great team in the past.

When Emrys heard her soft bark it was much closer so he knew that he was on the right path to find her. He still couldn’t see the browns of her pelt through the trees but he assumed that once he was close enough he would be able to spot her easily amongst the greens of the tree leaves. However just as he ducked under a rather large branch and came out on the other side he was surprised when she was just on the other side. “Here you are,” he stated cheerily,” I was starting to wonder if I would find you amongst this tangle of branches.”

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Reach for the stars

Moments later, her friend appeared. His flashing white frame ducking under a low branch of the tree she had been poised by. Russet ears pricking up, she backed up a few paces to make room for him to join her on the other side. "Finally found me huh?" She replied back, with an equal amount of cheekiness in her voice. "It's so crowded in here too...I wasn't expecting that." There was no complaint in her voice, just genuine surprise. This was her first time visiting the orchard. Even if the space was limited due to the close positioning of the multiple trees, Jynx wasn't exactly complaining. She was thrilled to see her friend again, and her rapidly wagging tail betrayed as much. It took her some effort to keep herself from leaping up and embracing Emrys in a friendly, wolfish hug.

Turning around partway, her attention shifted only slightly, as she looked for a possible exit out of this thick foliage, and towards somewhere more open. Slowly, she picked her way forwards, but not until waiting until the white wolf fell in step at her side. Yellow eyes landing comfortably on his pale blue ones, she flashed him an easy smile. "It's...been quite a while. How have you been? What brings you up this way?" Now, she ceased with the questions. That would be plenty for him to fill her in with, and she was curious to hear what events had taken place for him over the remainder of winter. He also no doubt, had his fair share of questions for her as well. Now that the pair were close again, Emrys would most definitely notice that her scent had changed. She no longer wore the earthy, slightly damp perfume mingled with cedar. Now the scent laced through her fur was crisp, of fir and spruce trees. She personally, favored this aroma much more. It suited her. She had never been very fond of smelling like damp earth and wood.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

After searching for Jynx amongst the trees he finally found her just as he came out on the other side of a low hanging branch. He was actually a little surprised by her sudden appearance since he hadn’t been expecting to almost run into her. He came out from under the branch as she made room for him to join her in the space between the tree branches. “I did and it’s very nice to see you again,” He stated as a smile crossed his features at the cheekiness of her tone. “That it is,” he agreed, “This is my first time here and I had thought the branches would be further off the ground,” he commented as he looked around at the trees. Emrys supposed that with the trees able to grow however they wanted then it made sense that the trees would take over the grove. The white male turned his attention back to Jynx his tail swishing happily behind him. He was glad to see her once again and even happier to see that she seemed to be in good health and good spirits.

When Jynx started to move through the branches Emrys followed closely behind her so that he wouldn’t lose her again. He didn’t want waste any of the time they had together looking for her again when they could be spending the time they had catching up. As he came up to fall in stride next to her his gaze met hers as he returned her smile with one of his own. “It has been some time. I’ve been good. As for what brings me this way, well I heard of a plant that is said to grow in Blackberry fields so I was on my way there when I caught your scent,” he explained. Now that it was spring Emrys didn’t mind f it took a little longer to get where he was going then first planned. Spending time with a friend was something that he would always make time for.

Emrys had noticed there was something different about her and not just her scent which caused him some curiosity. Once he’d answered the questions that she’d asked he had the same questions for her since he thought that was a good start to catching up with her. “What about you? Have you been well? Done anything exciting?” He hoped that she had been weel and hadn’t had any bouts of illness in the time since he’d last seen her.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Reach for the stars

At a leisurely pace, she continued to walk beside him through the orchard. While the tightly spaced trees and their low hanging branches made getting lost easy, she was confident that she and her friend would not get separated so easily. They were side by side now, and had a healthy catch of one anothers scent to rely on. Her dark tipped, bottle brushed tail swayed in the steady beat of a content wag. Jynx was pleased to see that Emrys was alive and well, even after winter had passed. Which should mean that survival for him, as a lone wolf, should be easier. Her chest clenched slightly at the thought of living alone, of her own memories and personal experiences. She had always felt...lost and out of place. Just merely scraping by for a living.

"I am glad to hear you have been well. It's my first visit to this orchard too, but I really didn't come here for anything in particular." Audits cupped, tilting forwards as he mentioned he was passing through to the blackberry fields in search of a herbal plant. "Is that so? Well...if you don't mind if I tag along, perhaps I could learn while helping you search." She offered, now reversing the roles in which they had been the last time they met. Hunting was still an option, but now Emrys could be the one to show her a thing or two. Like she had said so earnestly to Gent and Raela, she wanted to learn new things. By starting here, however small, was a step in the right direction.

Her golden eyes had shifted up towards the low branches of the trees, which hung only a few feet above their heads. She admired the light pink blossoms on the tips, which would very soon give way to ripe, tart cherries. Even if this place was crowded, with the right company, it was very peaceful. While Emrys' voice drifted to her again, she tipped her head back to it's natural position, staring ahead to consider her answer. Oh, how her life had changed since they were last together. She had done so much in such a short period of time. "I've been well." She then managed a short little laugh, trying to disguise her slight anxiety from seeping into her voice. "A lot has happened, actually. I've been through quite a few changes..." She chanced a quick glance at him, letting her eyes fall on his pale cheek, instead of meeting his blue eyes. A subtle cue that she was not nearly as confident about being as open as she usually was. But if prompted any further by her male friend, Jynx would not withhold her honesty.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Though he had only met Jynx once before there was a comfort that he felt as he walked next to her through the orchard. Not that he had found her amongst all of the branches he didn’t want to lose her before they’d even had the chance to catch up. So much time had passed since the last time he saw her. Though there was a small part of him that thought he might not ever see her again the larger part felt that they could really be friends. Now that they had met for a second time he felt that they were meant to have a friendship and he didn’t want their time together to be wasted by losing each other and having to find one another again.

The usual pleasantries were exchanged starting with him telling her how had faired through the winter. A smile crossed his features when she told him she was glad that he was well. “You may not have come here for anything particular but a huntress such as yourself I am sure that you would have come across something to bring back to her pack.” Emrys had also explained to her his reason for being in the Orchard in the first place and was surprised that she expressed the desire to accompany him. “I don’t mind if you tag along at all. In fact I would appreciate the company and I believe I said I would give you a lesson the next time we met.” The journey to Blackberry fields would give them plenty of time to catch up with all the things that had happened in the past few months and then he could fulfill the promise he had given her.

“I’m glad that you’ve been well too,” he stated upon hearing how she had faired through the winter. He was glad that she had made it through though the words that she spoke about having been through some changes in her life worried him some. “I hope that they were changes that were good for you,” he commented. Now that she brought it up he had noticed a slight change in her scent, one that seemed faintly familiar though he couldn’t quite place it just then. “Would you like to talk about the changes?” He asked cautiously. He didn’t want her to feel pressured to talk about anything that she might not be ready to as he noticed her seeming to avoid his gaze.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Reach for the stars

Perhaps she would, indeed, find something suitable to take back to White Fir Notch while she was out here. As happy as she was for the company of her acquaintance and the break from hunting, she would not pass up a decent opportunity. Emrys was quick to agree to allowing her to accompany him on his way to the Blackberry fields, where he would throw in a lesson too. Splendid! He was following up on his promise, and Jynx was thrilled at the idea of delving her nose into something a little more different. Even if it was herbs and plants, as opposed to game trails and old footprints of her prey. 

Still, there was the matter of whether or not to spill the beans to Emrys about her change in lifestyle. This was only their second get together, but it felt so much like she was catching up with an old friend. And that's what she wanted, hoped for. To make yet another friend to whom she could go back to, time and again with whatever might be on her mind, be it positive or negative. To learn with, to share in new experiences and adventures. Her ears fell back at a thought. How entirely possible would that be though, if she never gave him the whole truth? Knots of apprehension formed and bubbled in her stomach. She tried to force them down, but they persisted in resurfacing again. And Emrys. He seemed like such a nice, well meaning wolf. She would be ridden with guilt if she chose to keep this all bottled up.

His careful approach appreciated, she nodded, but spoke not a word. Not until two moments later, after she had come to a stop in a patch where the cherry trees began to thin out. "I...think that would be best." Slowly, she turned to face him directly, planting her bottom on the grass. "You needn't worry though...all of these changes have enriched my life." She assured him with a nervous little smile. Now she had to think back, to the day when they first met. It was last Winter, where she had been just outside the borders of Grizzly Hollow. "Our first meeting in Southern Eden...in the Cedar forest. I'm sure you remember it, yes?" She allowed him time step back to that day and it's events. And continued. "Well...that is no longer my home. I left of my own accord." She said with the slightest hint of bitterness in her voice. Her head lowered, golden eyes fixed on her paws. "You see...at the time we met, I was charged with leading the pack temporarily alongside the former second, per request of the true lead pair. They were too troubled and overwhelmed with personal matters to contend with leading the pack, as far as I know." From under a lowered gaze, her eyes flicked up tentatively towards his face. She had been an Alpha and never told him. Maybe he would't even care. "I didn't tell you about my position because I didn't want to throw you off, or give you the wrong impression." Alphas could be perceived as domineering, serious and even overbearing. Not exactly her ideal picture of how you wanted to come off to a stranger you wanted to befriend. I hope his impression of me hasn't changed now... She fretted nervously to herself. "That day I was just any other wolf, having their fun in the snow, searching for a tasty morsel." There was more of her story to be told, but she would let Emrys absorb the large chunk she had given him already.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Though he was still learning about the healing arts himself Emrys hadn’t seen any reason why he couldn’t start Jynx with the basics. After all if she wanted to learn she would have to start somewhere and he had made her a promise about the next time they met. He could start her with the plant that he was on his way to find by telling her about its properties and perhaps if they were lucky enough he might find a few other plants that he could show her and tell her about. He hadn’t ever had a student but the prospect of it was rather exciting for him. Maybe this was even a way that he could help others as well but most of all he liked the idea of being able to share something that he was passionate about with a friend. While they were walking along the path out of the cherry trees she’d spoken of changes in her life. He hoped they were good but worried that they might not be and he didn’t want to push if she didn’t want to talk about it.

Emrys didn’t expect her to tell him everything since this was only the second time that they had met. He considered her a friend and he hoped she did him as well but the truth was he wasn’t sure how she felt about him exactly. Still he gave her the time that she needed to decide if she wanted to talk about what had been going on in her life since they last met or if she wanted to keep it to herself. He was a little surprised when she stopped. He too stopped as she told him it would be best, “Tell me whatever you need to,” he said as he watched her face him and sit. He too sat since he felt it might be awhile before they were moving again. “I’m glad to hear that. I was worried that they weren’t the best of changes.” Once she had gotten started she spoke about the first day they had met, “I do,” he answered. Emrys remembered that day quite well, they had worked together and acquired a rather tasty meal of rabbit before they had parted ways.

Jynx went on to tell him about being a part of a pack and the she had been the co leader of the pack and had eventually left of her own accord. All of this information was something of a surprise to him. He was quiet for a long moment as he allowed all of the information to sink in. He’d already met a couple of leaders and felt that he could understand why she didn’t want to say anything right away and at the same time he also understood that they had been strangers then and revealing that sort of information could have put her in danger if he were to mean her any harm.

“Thank you for telling me,” he stated, “I do understand why you kept it to yourself and I’m not upset that you did. Though I have to ask why did you leave instead of just stepping down when the leading pair took their positions back?” Emrys couldn’t help but be curious as to why she would leave unless something had happened that made it impossible to stay. He waited for her to continue her story so that he might find the answers and understand better how the changes she’d made had enriched her life.

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2016, 12:13 AM by Emrys.)