(See All?) Announcements
622 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla, Khalon

Restless — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan nodded at Inna’s response. “As long as we respect each other’s borders, I don’t see why there should be.” He replied, smiling. Lorcan always found that respect was the easiest way to avoid confrontation, and that was how the subordinate planned to live his life, free of conflict.

He shifted on his paws for a second as he noticed Inna’s gaze fall awkwardly to the floor before she answered her question. Her response was short and blunt, as if the topic made her uncomfortable. He took a small step forwards, moving his muzzle to try a brush her shoulder to comfort her. “S-sorry. I didn't mean...to upset you.” He murmured softly in apology, before deciding to drop the topic altogether. Something must have happened for the pack to have relocated, but for now the subordinate wouldn’t indulge his curious mind any further for Inna’s sake.

When the female mentioned that family was one of the reason’s she returned to Hearthwood River, Lorcan shifted his paws awkwardly as his skin tingled with a swell of emotion. Shaking the thick fur around his neck, he shook the feeling away. “I left all my family behind when I travelled to Relic Lore. I can’t say I miss them much..” He paused, charcoal lips twisting in contemplation. “Except from perhaps my mother. She was always there to support me.” He shook his pelt again, shrugging it off. “But, I have a new family now, who have all made me feel very welcome.” He smiled proudly. If only he knew what the other’s thought of him behind his back, perhaps he wouldn’t have smiled so gleefully.

“It’s just a case of remembering the small details about them really, like the shape of their leaves and their particular scent..” He grinned, tilting his head. It really wasn’t that hard, but then he still had much to learn, but he was confident he could deal with the normal minor ailments without too much trouble. When Inna shyly admitted that she was interested in becoming a scout, Lorcan rolled his shoulders back in admiration. “Why so shy to admit it? As you say, it sounds like a role you’d enjoy.” White brows raised as he grinned, before he leaned in a little closer as if he was about to tell her a secret. “I think when you go back home, you should ask your alphas to consider training you. I don’t see why they’d refuse, I think you’d be pretty good at it.” He winked, salmon pink tongue lolling from the side of his mouth.

Taking a step back, Lorcan turned to face the monadnock in the distance, sighing softly as he rolled his shoulders. “Well, thank you for the meal Inna. I hope you enjoyed your half?” He smirked, licking some blood off from the corner of his lips.  “I should probably get back to my duties now..” He nodded, taking a few steps to leave. He planned to get his chores done today before he headed out to explore Stonewatch Timbers the next morning, the woodlands that lay just beyond the lowlands. If he was lucky he would find some useful plants to collect.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

“That is very true,” agreed Inna about them respecting each other's borders, “And I can't really see any reason why either pack wouldn't.” The two packs seemed far enough away from each other that it shouldn't be too hard to respect the borders they each had. She was glad about that too especially since speaking with Lachesis she didn't want their home to be threatened. She also didn't want her pack to end up in a fight especially with her father sick, he didn't need to be worrying about such things.Inna felt she might have said too much about her pack and the fact they had moved but she couldn't take what she'd said back. That was the reason she'd left it as simple as she could and even though she wanted to trust the man in front of her since he did seem nice enough her mother's words rang in her ears. Inna shook her head at his apology, “No, you didn't upset me” she assured. She wasn't sure how exactly to explain to him why she had seemed upset. “It's just one of those things where you don't know if you've said too much,” she finally said by way of an explanation. She hoped that would make him feel a little better as well.

Inna did tell him though that her family was one of the reasons she come back, she'd wanted to express how important they were to her. Inna felt lucky to have the family she did, her parents were supportive and Orren and Lekalta were always there. She hoped it never changed. “I'm sorry to hear that you left them,” she stated when he told her about leaving his family. “If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you stay with your mother?” she was reminded of her mother and how she'd always supported her decisions though Inna was sure she didn't always like the idea of them. “I'm glad you were able to find another family though. Something I've learned is that family doesn't always have to be blood.” This she had learned from Lachesis after speaking with him and learning a little more about him.

“That sounds like a lot of work, keeping them all separate and knowing what each of them does. I hope you don't ever confuse them.” She thought that it could be very bad if he did and she wouldn't want something like that to happen to him. She offered him a smile when he asked about why she was shy to admit it. “I do think I would but I'm not really sure I'm ready for such a responsibility.” Especially after she had left the pack on a whim, scouts didn't do that, at least she didn't think they did. “Thank you and I do plan to talk with him about it but I was thinking I should wait until I've been back a little longer,” she said quietly as he’d come much closer. This would allow her to show that she was really going to stay and do her part for the pack.

They had finished their meal and it had been just what she'd needed to continue with her day. As she was cleaning what was left of it from her face Lorcan spoke once more. “You’re very welcome, I did and I hope you did too.” when he started talking about heading back Inna nodded, “I should as well but it was nice meeting and hunting with you. Perhaps we could do it again sometime?” he was right though, it was getting late and if she wanted to bring something back to the cache she needed to get back to her hunting.

(This post was last modified: Sep 16, 2016, 03:35 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Feel free to reply if you want, if not PM me and I’ll archive it for us <3
Lorcan nodded to Inna’s response. If the young female was anything to go by, the Hearthwood River pack members seemed pleasant, but then, only time would tell if all of the river wolves were just as well-mannered as Inna. When she shook her head and reassured him that he hadn’t, in fact, upset her, Lorcan’s brows softened a little and his tail swayed gingerly in relief behind him as he listened carefully to her explanation. “It’s okay, really. We’ve only just met, it was a bit rude of me to ask for such details. You don’t have to tell me anything, I shall speak no more of it.” He assured her, not wanting to pry into a subject that would make her feel uncomfortable talking about.

When Inna questioned why he hadn’t stayed behind with his mother, Lorcan’s charcoal lips twisted awkwardly, as if what he was about to say would come across as rude. “I couldn’t stick around, just for the sake of my mother. It may sound cold-hearted, I guess, but I have other siblings still there for her to watch over. I…just, didn’t have a place there.” His tail drooped solemnly behind him, as memories whirled through his mind as his eyes almost glazed over in thought. “I think leaving her, my mother, was the most selfish thing I’ve ever done…but, I feel like joining Whitestone Monadnock was just the opportunity I needed to prove to myself that…I do have a purpose. I contribute to something. That makes me happy, and I like to believe that my mother would feel happy for me.”

Lorcan chuckled when Inna talked about the potential to confuse the different plants. “I do try not to.” He sniggered.

“Well make sure you do.” Lorcan smiled, when Inna admitted that she intended to ask her alphas about becoming a scout at a later date.

Lorcan watched as Inna finished off her half of the rabbit and subconsciously mirrored her actions to lick ravenously at his lips. “I did.” He smiled nodding towards her as he turned his body to leave. “I don’t see why not.” He agreed, grinning playfully. “You know where to find me if you fancy another bite to eat – or maybe I’ll come check out your river sometime?” He smiled, his tail swishing teasingly behind him as he began to stroll away, back towards the direction of the pack lands. “Get home safe, Inna.” He smiled warm with a nod before he slunk away back into the lowlands.

-Lorcan exits-
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Inna hadn’t wanted Lorcan to think that he had upset it, it was really her since she should know better about speaking about but she was glad that he seemed to understand when she finally did explain.  “I wouldn’t say rude, just curious.  There’s nothing wrong with that.” It was her after all who had led him into asking about it in the first place though she did think it was best not to talk about it, at least not until she knew him better.  Inna didn’t want to disappoint her mother again by trusting someone that she hardly knew.  However, Lorcan seemed to be a really nice fellow and she hoped that one day she would get to know him well enough.

Inna was curious about why he had left his mother because it was something that she didn’t ever think that she would be able to do.  She had done it temporarily once and had missed her every day after.  So as Lorcan explained she listened however it didn’t really tell her much but as he had said they had only just met.  “I’m sorry that you had to leave her, I know it can be difficult,” she sympathized, “But I am glad that you found a new place that makes you happy and where you seem to have found what you were looking for.  That’s very important and I’m sure she would be happy for you.”  Like Kisla who Inna though would be happy for her no matter what she did as long as she was happy.

b>“I wish you luck with that,” she said when he said that he tried to not get the plants mixed up.

Inna nodded when he told her to make sure she talked to her alpha about becoming a scout, “I will, it’s something that I want to do badly and I think it would be good for me.”

Finally with them both having finished their meals and the day coming to a close it was time to head back, “I’m glad.”  Then he was turning to leave and a smile crossed her features when he said that he didn’t see why they couldn’t go hunting together again.  “I do and I wouldn’t mind showing you some of the river, I think you would like it.”  She liked the river a lot so she didn’t see why he wouldn’t either.  “You too,” she told him just before she turned back toward Hearthwood River hoping that she might find a bit of prey on the way back for her pack.

~Inna Exit

(This post was last modified: Sep 17, 2016, 12:30 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.