(See All?) Announcements
504 Users Online
Bing

maybe lost is the new found — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 149 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kjell Sørenson

It seemed Kjell was not the only one who knew a few Lyalls and he gave Drestig a considering look.  How brow arched upwards.  After a moment, he glanced back over at the very Lyall in question.  Must be an awfully big family, he reckoned, that it had also started to spread into some other names.  Tainn.

He tucked that little tidbit away for later.

Renier’s reply was met with a casual shrug, the wolf swinging his head from side to side.  “Nothin’ to know.  Father’s dead, mother’s run off again.  Murderous brother may ‘er may not be about.” Golden eyes twinkled, as if he found something about Kjors’ previous attempts on his life funny.  But then, that really was his family in a nutshell, wasn’t it?  Nothing stood to honor Søren.  Their mother kept acting like some kind of yearling in her first heat.  Better off this way, really.

But…  Kjell shrugged again, any glimmer of pleasure fading from his expression.  “Met a Jayse in a snowstorm, helped her back home.  Was travellin’ with Bishop fer some time there – bu’ she didn’t much care t’ be that near yer brother Rook neither, an’ she went back home t’ Renegade’s Reach.”  Her home.  Not his.  He had no place there, so he hadn’t followed.  “Didn’ see much reason t’ lurk ‘round there, though, soooo…  Here I am.”

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Sorry for holding this one up guys

Drestig knew nothing of these southern Lyall's and revived packs, so his ears perked as Renier explained. It couldn't have been long since this event though, or he would have come across the family back in his scouting days; Could be… It might very well be in fact, but he would save those considerations for later. Right now attention was on him, as the russet man turned to his question. There was not much in way of family resemblance, but he didn't think it was a lie, there seemed no benefit to saying such a thing. So he smiled and nodded, tail wagging happily at the memory of Arlette.

Kjell was the quickest to speak up, and the elder male politely held his tongue as the dragon tried to explain his family issues; Murderous, ha? the brothers really did seem to have a strained relationship. Then went on to talk about what was presumably the Lyall's he'd been in contact with down south. Most of it made little sense to Drestig, and he glossed over it, committing only the name Rook to memory; It seemed his former suspicions had been correct. Then the conversation lulled, and he took the chance to answer for himself: "I'm afraid I have even less to tell. My parents and sisters were lost in a rock slide when I was young. I have no family." Technically that was no longer true, but he preferred to keep that out of the conversation for now. Instead he went on to explain: "But I spend the last couple of years in Oak Tree Bend, and Arlette was there when I joined, she became a good friend. I don't suppose you've heard from her recently?" It was a long shot, but he couldn't help but ask. When Fenru had visited the Bend, he'd seemed happy and said the same of his family, but it was not as good as seeing the lass himself.

After a few moments of silence, he felt a yawn press in the back of his throat, tilting his head to look up through the clearing fog; It's getting… Early. He glanced between the two other men, wondering to himself if there was more to this meeting. They seemed capable and agreeable both, but also very independent. Especially Kjell did not strike him as the type to settle down. Still, he was sure he would regret not extending the offer, and so he drawled suggestively: "I don't suppose any of you lads are looking to settle somewhere..?" Depending on their answers, he could always play it off as curiosity and nothing more, keeping his family safe.

Word count: 440

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall
don't worry about me the heart is suppose to bleed

There was a casual way the dragon spoke of his family when it was hardly so. But, then again it didn't seem to be a chip off his shoulder. Maybe, that was better way to have it amusing. "Murderous brother have a name I can watch out for?" Rather he was or wasn't, he would like to have the knowledge. He spoke of his mother,sister, and brother. So far Ren was leaning to liking this fellow.

Drestig spoke in turn, having long been on his own. Their histories made Renier feel lucky despite the present misery. The rouge inclined his head to Kjell first. "Jayse is my mother, and I appreciate the help you gave her. Also seeing Bishop back to the Reach. Sadly, she's not  the only one avoiding Rook. He gets in over his head..." Someone else he might not mind getting into a good tussle with. It was pretty bad if Bishop had left him.

A bright smile grew at the mention of Arlette. This man too, a friend of his family. "It's been awhile, but she was the happiest I have ever saw her. Raising her own family and all. I'm glad to hear she had a friend away from home..."

There was an interesting question proposed. "I'm debating about it. Came from a pack that split, not sure about the remaining half." He opted to give no more away either.

(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2016, 04:24 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Ace who has 149 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kjell Sørenson

“Yeah.  He’s Kjors Sørenson.  Got real sore ‘bout--  Well, it’s a long story.  He tried t’ leave me for dead, though.”

That was the important bit and, quite frankly, all Renier really needed to know about the older dragon brother.  “Looks like me, more or less.  Smaller.  That’s about it.  ‘m lookin’ for him though, so.”  Given, he had to doubt they knew anything.  They’d have said something by now, surely.  At least it seemed he had the Lyall’s favor.  (Not that leaving an older woman out alone in the snow was something Kjell was keen on doing to begin with, mind you, but he never said no to an ‘owe-you-one’ tucked away, either.)

That said, Drestig seemed to have his own offer afoot, and this, well.  This seemed a little more tricky.  The loner had no interest in offended him (either of them, frankly), had no business in making bad blood.  However…  “Not particularly, ‘m afraid.  Mostly tryin’ to follow up on this rumor.”  About Kjors, damn him.  That sneaky snake was still messing with his plans even now, wasn’t he? “And there’s this girl…”

Kjell trailed off, mind’s eye wandering first to Bishop, than Morganna, and finally settling on Signy. “…maybe in the future, though.”